Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellphones for coffins

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:29:17 -0500

Cellphones for coffins

A Belgium newspaper, Gazet van Antwerpen is reporting that the family of a
recently deceased motorcyclist are suing the funeral firm they chose, after the
dead mans cell phone started ringing - from inside the coffin.

The paper reports that Marc Marchal, 32, was killed when his motorbike collided
with a tractor near his home town of Rochefort.  Mr. Marchal was so badly
injured in the accident that the undertakers advised his family that the coffin
should remain closed as they said their last farewells.
The night before the funeral, the family gathered at the undertakers for a final
private farewell, when they heard the sound of his cellphone ringing from within
the sealed coffin. Several distressed members of the family had to leave the
funeral home whilst staff rushed to remove the cell phone.
The family is now suing, claiming that the undertakers were negligent in
preparing their relative for burial.

Posted to the site on 20-Nov-03

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10149.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/