Subject: [NEXTEL-1] RE: NEXTEL strikes again!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:51:54 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE:  NEXTEL strikes again!

Is your friend talking to his lawyer about filing theft charges? And suing
for lost business and damages? If Nextel had no right in the building, there
is the matter of trespass as well. I am not a lawyer, some would say not
much of a tech either :-) Talking to a Police Officer friend about a company
that would not return some old 2-way equipment, he claims that even though
they returned the equipment, it was still taken and held without consent and
they can be charged with the theft.

When you reinstall things, try bolting the cabinets to the floor and adding
non standard locks. An old two-tone paging encoder to a mobile with a
decoder on one of the channels as an alarm wouldn't be a bad idea.

I would have no problem charging Nextel at least twice my normal rate. After
all, you had to rearrange your schedule to handle this job right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Finch [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 16:46
Subject: NEXTEL strikes again!

Hello,

Just a quick note about an incident that happened to a friends 800 MHz
trunking system.

All of a sudden Monday morning all of his customers started calling saying
the trunk system was off the air, sure enough after a quick trip by a
technician it was off the air!  Matter of fact it was GONE!  All 5 channels
had disappeared over the weekend!  He called me wanting to know if I had
seen anyone there, I obviously said no.  I guess he continued to call around
till he found someone that had been at the tower, sure enough it was NEXTEL!
One of their technicians deconstructed the system!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:02:22 -0800

WOW!  Is there another side to this story?

Was the guy long past due on his rent and the tower owner gave Nextel
permission? (They shouldn't have done it even then though!)

Did a system customer trade his stuff with Nextel and tell them he owned
the station as well?

Did they remove the equipment from the site and. if so, where did they
take it?

Tell us more.

Maybe one the lawyers here can advise us, but I'm under the impression
it is a federal violation to intentionally disable an FCC authorized
station of any kind without the licensees permission.

If it ain't, I might visit some cell sites this weekend! ;-)

If you have a case, don't settle for chump change.

=====================================

[email-masked] wrote:
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
>                  [Click to learn more...]
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.