Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Independent study shows compelling ROI with Spotwave in-building solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:43:09 -0500

Independent study shows compelling ROI with Spotwave in-building
solution
Wednesday October 29, 6:00 am ET

SpotCell adaptive repeaters create dramatic new economic
model for wireless carriers

OTTAWA, Canada, Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ - Wireless carriers in North
America that
deploy in-building solutions developed by Spotwave Wireless Inc. can
achieve a
compelling return on their investment while solving the in-building
reception problems
common to users of wireless voice and data services, according to an
independent
study conducted by the Gantry Group.

The study reported that SpotCell
adaptive repeaters could serve as a
critical enabling technology in the
emerging wireless data market with
an ROI justification for accounts with
10 or fewer phones. This enables
carriers to pursue at least 10 times
the number of enterprise
opportunities than would have been
possible with traditional repeater
technologies that provide an ROI
justification only for enterprises with
100 or more phones.

"Spotwave has dramatically
changed the economics of the
in-building business model for
carriers," said Dale Troppito,
managing partner, Gantry Group. "SpotCell adaptive repeaters low price
point makes
rapid deployment financially feasible and SpotCell products are
guaranteed to protect
the integrity of the carrier's spectrum."

Spotwave engaged the Gantry Group to conduct an objective ROI study that
would
examine the key ROI value drivers and areas of cost savings realized
through the
adoption and deployment of the SpotCell solution. The study involved
in-depth
interviews of seven North American CDMA and GSM carriers and concluded
that the
SpotCell adaptive repeater brings a compellingly high ROI and
unprecedented low total
cost of ownership to in-building solutions. The full report is available
as a white paper at
www.spotwave.com/product_splash.html.

Interviews with sales executives at leading wireless carriers revealed
that SpotCell
repeaters are helping them achieve their sales goals in several ways,
including winning
new enterprise sales, winning new wireless data business, improving the
point of sale
environment and retaining current enterprise customers. Engineers from
the same
leading wireless carriers reported excellent technical performance from
the SpotCell
family of products along with responsive sales support, excellent
technical support and
rapid, easy installation.

"Carriers applauded the technical performance and easy installation of
our product,
along with our responsive sales and technical support teams," said Shane
Young,
Spotwave president and CEO. "And the ROI analysis conducted by Gantry
Group
proves that carriers can now dramatically and cost-effectively improve
service, win new
business and retain existing business by deploying SpotCell adaptive
repeaters."

About Spotwave Wireless Inc.

Spotwave, a wireless technology company solving the reception problems
common to
users of wireless voice and data services, is the preferred in- building
solution provider
for targeted spaces under 100,000 square feet. Providing a coverage
solution for both
800 MHz and 1900 MHz bands, Spotwave develops affordable in-building
adaptive
repeater products based on smart antenna technology and adaptive
techniques to
provide "always on" wireless coverage. By reducing the need for costly
investments in
equipment and engineering time to deploy reliable wireless coverage,
Spotwave
products are installed in various manufacturing, industry and retail
locations in North
America, China and South America. Please visit www.spotwave.com.

About The Gantry Group, LLC

The Gantry Group is a strategic advisory and custom market intelligence
firm. Gantry
Group applies primary market research to help technology companies
cost-effectively
accelerate the successful market adoption of their products and
services. Gantry
Group has helped over 200 companies drive sales, introduce new product
concepts,
acquire new customers, increase brand equity and increase customer
lifetime value
through our market analysis, market validation and ROI-TCO benchmarking
service
suites. Gantry Group has equipped many product and service firms with
credible TCO
and ROI models that communicate value in the terms of the business
metrics that
customers and prospects use to access the performance of their own
companies. The
company can be reached at 978-371-7557 or www.gantrygroup.com.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031029/ot169_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/