Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel phones

From: "strokeoluck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:31:54 -0000

Sue, I would agree that I don't need a camera on my phone (though I 
do think it would be handy in some applications). However one thing 
that REALLY annoys me w/my i90 is that it takes me FOREVER to type an 
e-mail to someone and it is most definitely not as effective at 
sending/receiving e-mails as other phones. The other day I was 
boarding a plane and trying to respond to a guy that was not 
available via phone - it took me five minutes to hammer out a 2-3 
sentence reply. For a company that is supposed to focus on business 
professionals that's ridiculous. 

- R

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "dfleach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:47:39 -0000

How is the i90 less effective than 'other phones'?  Were you using 
the T9 predictive text feature that's included on all Nextel phones?  

Why not get a BlackBerry, or a mini-keyboard, if you often have a 
need for messaging services?

D

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: Dave Warren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:01:08 -0700

The version of T9 predictive text is not the same on all models either, 
there are a few subtle differences, but if you use it as much as I do 
(several thousand pagehits on AIM, probably 40% of which result in me 
typing a message), you get to know it well enough that you can type a 
word or two ahead and you know how many times to press the 0/NEXT button 
to get the word you want.

Another thing that is really annoying me, 111 used to be "..." now it's 
either ":)." or ".:)" depending on context.  If you happen to get :). 
and don't notice until after hitting the third 1, you can't fix it with 
"0/Next" you have to go back, erase it all, then do 1101.

-- 
Dave Warren,
 Email Address:  [email-masked]
 Cell: (403) 371-3470         Fax: (403) 371-3471
 Toll free: (888) 371-3470 Vonage: (817) 886-0860
 ICQ: 17848192  AIM: devilspgd  Yahoo!: devilspgd
 MSN/PASSPORT:   [email-masked]