Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SafetyNet Field Tests Scheduled for Los Angeles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:54:57 -0500

November 04, 2003 02:44 PM US Eastern Timezone
SafetyNet Field Tests Scheduled for Los Angeles

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 4, 2003--Aegis Assessments Inc.
announced that, as part of its ongoing program with the Los Angeles County
Sheriff's Department (LASD) to field test and deploy its Aegis SafetyNet(TM)
Mobile Command Post (MCP) and EKHO(TM) Radio Bridge technologies in Los Angeles,
the company is conducting a series of field tests designed to integrate the
SafetyNet(TM) MCP with existing law enforcement resources. The LASD has been
assisting the company in its research, analysis and further development of the
SafetyNet(TM) wireless communication system since May 2002.

SafetyNet(TM) technologies have already been demonstrated at the LASD's
Emergency Operations Bureau and the field testing, conducted in collaboration
with the LASD's new Office of Homeland Security, is designed to provide a
platform for state and national public safety agencies to share information from
the scene of a multi-jurisdictional emergency. Field tests will simulate an
actual emergency situation in order to demonstrate the SafetyNet(TM)'s ability
to provide real-time streaming video, audio, secure messaging and other data
from an emergency site. The field testing will culminate in a presentation
before the LASD Executive Planning Committee, including a panel of division
chiefs and Sheriff Lee Baca.

"In any emergency in Los Angeles, the men and women of the Los Angeles County
Sheriff's Department arrive long before state and federal emergency personnel,"
said Aegis' CEO, Eric Johnson. "Working with LASD's communications experts has
allowed us to develop a system that addresses many of the interoperability
problems faced by first responders."

On Oct. 27, 2002, Sheriff Baca, with the concurrence of the Los Angeles County
Board of Supervisors, established the LASD's Office of Homeland Security. The
members of the LASD Office of Homeland Security have embarked on a proactive
effort to enhance the LASD's response to potential threats related to local
homeland security by constantly field testing and evaluating cutting-edge
technologies and developing a coordinated strategy of preparedness with other
public safety agencies in Los Angeles.

About Aegis Assessments Inc.

Aegis Assessments Inc. provides leading edge wireless and security technologies
for the U.S. Government, law enforcement, and private corporations for Homeland
Security and emergency response applications. The company is developing its
technologies to be the standard in secure interoperable communication systems
that improve emergency response capabilities. The company's patent-pending
wireless communication system, the Aegis SafetyNet(TM), operates on a secure
wireless network system providing high-speed video, audio and data communication
in any type of emergency.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20031104005817&newsLang=en

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/