Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Two-way fight becomes a three-way fight

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:16:39 -0500

LATEST NEWS
7:14 AM HST Monday

Two-way fight becomes a three-way fight

The hot spot in the battle of the wireless carriers is the combat between
Nextel, originator of the push-to-talk feature that turns
a cell phone into a two-way radio, and rival companies now matching this
service.  Nextel has offered this for a decade and built its whole business on
it. Verizon Wireless began offering a two-way feature in August.

Sprint PCS launched a competing service Monday.

Telecoms industry analysts say Nextel's service is virtually instantaneous and
they expect rival services to rise or fall on how
close they can come to that. In all three cases, the idea is that customers who
pay a premium for the service, and for the special handsets enabled for it, can
stay in constant or periodic contact with each other as they work. Nextel
originally invented the idea for business customers, only to find that
individuals wanted it, too.

It is almost impossible to simply compare plans because there are so many
options, usually reducing short-term costs in return
for long-term contracts, but generally there is a $15 extra monthly cost for
having a two-way feature.
http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2003/11/17/daily7.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/