Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [Fwd: e-911]

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:21:05 -0500

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Industry, Government and Police Experts to Address
'Responding to the Call' - the Definitive Event on Wireless E9-1-1

Press Release --(BUSINESS WIRE)--  iXP Corporation:

WHAT:      A wireless E9-1-1 symposium
bringing together members of

the FCC, NYPD, New York State Assembly,
iXP, RCC, and NENA

to discuss wireless emergency communication. In addition,

wireless telephone number portability will go into effect

on the same day as the symposium, creating a larger amount

of Americans that rely on wireless telephones as their

primary telephone service.

Highlights include:

--  A Keynote presentation given by New York State

Assemblyman David Koon. In 1993, Assemblyman
Koon's

daughter Jennifer was abducted, assaulted, and

tragically murdered. Although Jennifer Koon was able

to call 911 from her wireless phone, police were

unable to locate her in time to save her life.

Assemblyman Koon will discuss his recent work on

wireless E9-1-1 initiatives in the New York

Assembly, and how wireless E9-1-1 location

technology might have prevented his daughter's

tragic death. Speaking at: 8:45 am

--  Remarks by Joe Cooney, Senior Vice President and

General Manager of iXP Corp., a leading national

systems integration and consulting company serving

public safety markets. Speaking at: 8:30 am

--  A presentation by Deputy
Inspector Charles Dowd,

commanding officer of the New York Police

Department's communications division, who will give

an overview of the New York experience with Wireless

E9-1-1 implementation. Speaking at 11:15 am

--  A panel discussion including representatives from

the FCC, NENA and various cellular, carriers who

will discuss Wireless E9-1-1 regulatory status and

implementation progress. Speaking at 10:30 am

WHEN:      Monday, November 24th, 2003

--  8:30 am - 4:30 p.m. - panelist and speaker sessions

WHERE:     John Jay College of Criminal
Justice

899 Tenth Avenue

Room 630