Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Pentagon Probing Iraq Commun Min, Others Over Bribes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:11:27 -0500

Pentagon Probing Iraq Commun Min, Others Over Bribes

Two officials with the US-led Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) in
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
/>Baghdad and the Iraqi minister of communications, Haider al-Abadi, are being
investigated by the Pentagon over allegations of taking bribes, the Financial
Times reported in an article dated November 21.  An administration official
close to the authority and someone close to the defense department told that the
Pentagon's inspector-general has launched an investigation into the mobile phone
network contract awarded to Orascom Iraq, part of Orascom Telecom Holding. The
probe is partly due to allegations from a rival bidder that failed to win one of
the mobile licenses. Reported by Dow Jones Newswires.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/