Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ericsson Aligns 3G Portfolio

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:37:24 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2003/6160.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Deal
of the Week

Motorola A920 on 3

Now
from Free

Just £35 p.m.

Free
3G Newsletter

Buy
3G Phones

Visit
3G Forum

Networks
Analyzer

Generation
UMTS

Gadgets

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
HOME

Ericsson
Aligns 3G Portfolio

27th November, 2003

Europe
: Ericsson announced its plans to further align its product offerings
for WCDMA and CDMA2000 into one portfolio based on the same software
and hardware platforms. A common 3G portfolio will enable Ericsson to
further focus its R&D resources and achieve the industry's leading
efficiency and productivity for development, delivery and services for
3G.

Ericsson's
WCDMA and CDMA2000 solutions are currently built on the same 3G technology
core platforms for radio and packet networks, switching and applications/control.
Further alignment of development efforts will result in one common solution
for WCDMA and CDMA2000, giving all operators access to Ericsson's industry
leading solution.

Ericsson's
3G solution can be configured to support WCDMA or CDMA2000 and provides
operators a high level of flexibility and risk free investment.

"We
are continuing to increase the commonality between our commercial WCDMA
and CDMA2000 solutions with the goal of having one industry leading
3G portfolio. Our technology agnostic approach is redefining the industry,"
said Carl-Henric Svanberg, CEO of Ericsson.

"We
will be able to offer the same industry leading 3G products to any operator,
no matter what 3G technology they select," he added. "This
enables us to increase our economies-of-scale and maximize the effectiveness
of our R&D. With this strategy, Ericsson is reconfirming its commitment
to CDMA2000 and WCDMA, the main 3G technologies."

Ericsson
will continue to drive the alignment of standardization in 3GPP and
3GPP2. This 3G solution by Ericsson will also ensure service transparency
across WCDMA and CDMA2000 with a common service network framework.

With
the most innovative designs in the industry, Ericsson delivers 3G products
that combine the industry's best footprint-to-performance ratio, high-capacity
performance and scalability to provide operators with reduced costs
and the ability to match their investments with their business needs.
Ericsson's 3G portfolio is designed with future evolution in mind and
can be easily upgraded to support WCDMA Evolved (HSDPA) and CDMA2000
1X Evolved (EV-DO and EV-DV).

Ericsson
already has an aligned portfolio for WCDMA and GSM/GPRS/EDGE according
to 3GPP standards.

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>