Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: any noise floor, noise figure, C/N and such presentation available?]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:11:50 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: ohara <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: any noise floor, noise figure, C/N and such presentation available?

Well...

It does matter a bit where the noise come into play, particularly with regard 
to portable operations.  For example, if the "noise" is really interference or 
man-made ambient noise (as I would expect when we are talking about -85 dBm 
levels), it may be affected by antenna gains and losses.

A portable radio antenna system that has an effective gain of -20 dBd will 
knock down these types of "noise" sources 20 lower than a mobiole antenna 
dipole would.  In fact, because of this many portable systems are noise 
limited (where noise is kTB + NF), not interference limited - even though a 
mobile system in a similar environment would be.

Do you have a high speed email connection - I have a presentation that I did 
at IWCE this year that goes over all this in detail.

Regards,

Sean

Sean O'Hara
Research & Communications Engineer, 
Business Area Manager-Communications

Syracuse Research Corporation
Systems Technology Center
6225 Running Ridge Road
North Syracuse, NY 13212

315.452.8152 office
315.452.8180 fax
315.559.5632 mobile

[email-masked]
www.syrres.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/