Subject: [NEXTEL-1] AT&T Wireless says making progress on software glitch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:52:18 -0500

AT&T Wireless says making progress on software glitch

by Dan Meyer
Nov. 12, 2003

REDMOND, Wash.

AT&T Wireless Services Inc. said it was moving towards fixing a software glitch
that has prevented the carrier from activating new customers or converting its
current TDMA customers to its GSM network for more than a week. 

“We’re definitely moving exponentially in the right direction,” AT&T Wireless
spokesman Mark Siegel told Dow Jones Newswire. 

Analysts estimated the glitch prevented AT&T Wireless from accessing information
on its more than 3 million GSM customers and that nearly 125,000 potentially new
GSM customers have been effected since Nov.1. 

“We would expect between 33 percent and 50 percent of those frustrated by the
activation glitch to seek an alternative carrier after a few days,” noted SG
Cowen telecommunications analyst Thomas Watts. 

A New Jersey-area AT&T Wireless dealer told RCR Wireless News that he has
haphazardly been able to activate new customers since Tuesday, but that he was
told by the carrier that he cannot make any changes to current GSM customers’
rate plans or upgrade TDMA customers to GSM accounts until at least Friday. 

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15904

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/