Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Making Sense of Wireless Internet Choices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:55:10 -0500

Online Chat Session with Rich Dean:

Making Sense of Wireless Internet Choices

WASHINGTON, Nov. 24The Capital Cabal is producing a free online chatsession,
Wednesday December 10th, 2003 at 1:00 PM.The subject is mobile wireless
Internet applications,technologies and products, and the featured expertis
Rich Dean.  Dean is "technology guru" andcontributing commentator for
National Public Radio.The high-speed wireless data subject continues to
fascinate and befuddle people, so this session will seek to cut through the
clutter and offer an honest assessment of the industry. We'll attempt to
respond to all questions and will be ready to discuss:

  -- Routers, bridges, hubs and home networks;

-- the 80211b and 80211g standards, and why people should care about the
difference;

-- using public access points or "hotspots";

-- security of both a home and workplace wireless network;

-- digital applications that make sense in phones and those that don't;

-- Bluetooth: what is it and why should people care;

-- digital cellular phones: which ones work and are worth the money;

-- standards such as CDMA and 3G: what they are and what they arebecoming;

-- WAP: what it is and what it can do for consumers.

Complete details are at: http://www.capcabal.net/chat.html

Dean has been an Internet and technology consultant and guru for ten years.
NPR listeners will recognize him as a contributor of analysis and commentary
to "Weekend All Things Considered." He also writes for Wired and C/Net's
Builder.com and speaks to Internet professionals all over the country. Rich
founded NPR.org/NPR Online, and since then has consulted with public radio
stations all over the country on their Internet strategies. Rich also worked
in the private sector for the Discovery Channel online and new media agency
Organic Online, Inc. While at Organic he worked with a variety of clients,
from StanLee.net to Sun Microsystems, and in one case was required to test
over 250 different hand-held wireless devices. His experience is personal
and extensive.

About The Capital Cabal: a new organization chartered to produce
professional seminars and organize business and social networking events.
Produced by 3D Technologies, Ltd., the Capital Cabal brings together
metropolitan Washington professionals of many stripes to educate, interact,
make connections, have fun and do business.

The Capital Cabal
CONTACT: Hank Dearden of the Capital Cabal, +1-202-236-0344,
[email-masked]

  http://www.iiid.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/