Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ITS America Sends White Paper on DSRC Licensing Options to FCC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:54:12 -0500

ITS America Sends White Paper on DSRC Licensing Options to FCC

WASHINGTON, DC, Nov. 2, 2003 - ITS America submitted to the FCC a
memorandum, prepared at the request of the DSRC Standards Working Group
of the ASTM Working Group, that outlines the various licensing options
for DSRC in the 5.9GHz band.
The memorandum details the applicability of three specific licensing
methodologies to the use of the 5.85-5.925 GHz band (generally referred
to as the 5.9 GHz Band) by ITS applications employing Dedicated Short
Range Communications (DSRC) links. These are: (1) site-specific
licensing modeled upon the traditional licensing of public safety and
private wireless systems under Part 90 of the FCC's Rules; (2)
non-exclusive geographic area licensing modeled upon the structure
employed by the FCC in licensing the 4.9 GHz band for public safety use
at 4.940-4.990 GHz (4.9 GHz Band); and (3) national licensing with site
registration modeled upon the structure adopted by the FCC in three
bands at 71-76 GHz, 81-86 GHz and 92-95 GHz (70/80/90 GHz Bands).
The Working Group also considered and addressed in Appendices to this
memorandum the applicability of spectrum intermediaries that have been
utilized by the FCC in licensing public safety, private and commercial
spectrum.

===============================================================================

October 31, 2003
FILED ELECTRONICALLY
Marlene H. Dortch, Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
Office of the Secretary
445 12th Street, SW
Room TW-A325
Washington, DC 20554

Re: Ex Parte Submission for the Record in WT Docket No. 01-90 and ET
Docket No. 98-
95: Amendment of the Commission’s Rules Regarding Dedicated Short Range
Communications Services in the 5.850-5.925 GHz Band (5.9 GHz Band)

Dear Secretary Dortch:

The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (“ITS America”) hereby
submits for the record the attached memorandum, “Licensing Options for
DSRC in the 5.9 GHz Band”, in the two proceedings referenced above. This
memorandum was prepared at the request of the DSRC Standards Working
Group of the American Society for Testing and Materials Working Group
E17.51.

A copy of this letter and the attached memorandum will also be provided
via email to the staff of the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau’s
Public Safety and Private Wireless Division as indicated below.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Sincerely,

-- s --
Neil Schuster
President and CEO
Attachment

More:
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6515288284

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/