Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Homeland Security network solicitation planned

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:33:18 -0500

Homeland Security network solicitation  planned

 BY Diane Frank
 Nov. 20, 2003

 Homeland Security Department officials plan to release the
 department's solicitation for an enterprise data network by the end
 of the year.

 The Homeland Security Data Network (HSDN) will handle all
 data for the department. Given the many missions within the
 department -- including some that are not related to homeland
 security -- there will be subdomains, but the aim is to have everyone working
on the same
 infrastructure as quickly as possible, Steve Cooper, chief information officer
at the department,
 said today. He was speaking at a breakfast sponsored by Input in Arlington, Va.

 Officials from a department office released and then pulled back an early
version of the
 solicitation, but since then "we've basically rewritten it as a statement of
objectives and
 performance-based work," and the final solicitation will likely go out under
the General Services
 Administration's Millennia governmentwide acquisition contract, Cooper said.

 Officials hope to rely on commercial companies to develop and implement the
network. DHS
 officials will require the network to be in place and functioning by December
2004, Cooper
 said.

http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2003/1117/web-dhsnet-11-20-03.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/