Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NBC News Tonight

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:18:43 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject:  NBC News Tonight

Communications - of the radio kind? or the PR kind?

With an increased concern over potential terrorist attacks, why hasn't
American's Terror Threat level been changed? NBC's Andrea Mitchell takes
a look at that question, along with the status of America's homeland
security: its funding, communications and implementation of its plans.
Our special series "Your Homefront Security: Life in Post-Sept. 11
America" is at 

http://www.msnbc.com/news/SECURITY_Front.asp?Oct=-34n. 

As attacks on U.S. troops in Iraq have declined in the last two weeks,
insurgents are increasingly targeted Iraqis and civilian operations.
NBC's James Hattori reports on a DHL cargo plane hit by a surface-to-air
missile - in an attack the terrorists apparently purposely caught on
video tape. There's more on the shift in the Iraq insurgency's strategy
at 

http://www.msnbc.com/news/870749.asp?Oct=-34n. 

The United States' economy roared ahead at an astounding 8.2 percent
annual rate in the third quarter, the fastest pace in nearly two decades
and a much stronger performance than previously thought. NBC's Anne
Thompson reports robust business and consumer spending powered the U.S.
economy ahead. For additional material on the economy, go to
http://www.msnbc.com/news/997861.asp?Oct=-34n. 

Today's cars are packed with technology that helps save lives in
accidents, but may also pose serious risks to rescuers. NBC's Robert
Hager reports seat belts with gunpowder in their works, rollbars that
spring up unexpectedly, and metal detonators for airbags that can go off
like missiles make autos today a "loaded bomb" waiting to try to hurt
responders. We have more on the story at
http://www.msnbc.com/news/998111.asp?Oct=-34n. 

A tragic mistake resulting in the death of a child has lead Johns
Hopkins to make an unusually frank admission. The university's hospital
agrees the system was broken -- in part, because of pressure to save
money -- and NBC's Robert Bazell reports the institution has become a
leader among hospitals trying to put systems in place to prevent further
medical errors. You can read our report on calls for national electronic
standards that could significantly cut dangerous medical mistakes at
http://www.msnbc.com/news/995975.asp?Oct=-34n.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/