Subject: [NEXTEL-1] $63 Million Thrown Away - DC Area

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:01:21 -0500 (EST)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6697-2003Nov22.html

DC FD - 800T

DC PD - 460T

Capitol PD - 166Mhz

Fed agencies - 165Mhz + 400 Mhz

Prince George FD - 480 Mhz

Prince George PD - 480 Mhz

Maryland State Police - 39 Mhz

Metro Airports - 800T

Alexandria VA - 800T

Arlington VA - 800T

Fairfax County VA - 800T

Virginia State Police - 159 Mhz

Metro Transit (subways and buses) - 160 Mhz + 484 Mhz

Montgomery County MD - 800T

Electric utilities - ?

Military TRS - 140 Mhz + 400 Mhz

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Don Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:31:41 -0800

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6697-2003Nov22.html

Why do you say "thrown away"? The technology exists to interconnect the
existing systems, both trunked and conventional, in whichever band they
are in.  Arlington already has interconnect switches installed, and they
worked during 9-11 at the Pentagon.

Not *every* first responder has to be able to talk to every *other*
first responder, and they don't have to be on the same radio.