Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETING Tommorrow-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:59:50 -0500

November 6, 2003

FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETING
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2003

The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting on the subjects
listed below on Thursday, November 13, 2003, which is scheduled to commence at
9:30 a.m. in Room TW-C305, at 445 12th Street, S. W., Washington, D.C.

2 OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY       AND
INTERNATIONAL                        The Office of Engineering and Technology
and the International Bureau will report on the Commission’s implementation of
the results of the 2003 World Radiocommunication Conference.

3 INTERNATIONAL TITLE:  Procedures to Govern the Use of Satellite Earth Stations
on Board Vessels in the 5925-6425 MHz/3700-4200 MHz Bands and 14.0-14.5
GHz/11.7-12.2 GHz Bands (IB Docket No. 02-10).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
concerning Earth stations on board vessels that are used to provide broadband
telecommunications services on passenger, government, cargo, and recreational
vessels.

4 OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY TITLE:  Revision of Parts 2 and 15 of the
Commission’s Rules to Permit Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure
(UNII) devices in the 5 GHz band (ET Docket No. 03-122; RM-10371).

SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Report and Order to provide an
additional 255 MHz of spectrum for unlicensed wireless devices operating in the
5 GHz region of the spectrum.

5 OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY TITLE:  Establishment of an Interference
Temperature Metric to Quantify and Manage Interference to Expand Available
Unlicensed Operation in Certain Fixed, Mobile and Satellite Frequency Bands.

 SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry and Notice of
Proposed Rulemaking concerning the development and use of the interference
temperature metric and for managing the transition from the current
transmitter-based approach for interference management to the new interference
temperature paradigm.  The Commission will address interference temperature
limits and procedures for assessing the interference for expanded unlicensed
operation.

SPECTRUM POLICY TASK FORCE The Spectrum Policy Task Force will report on
accomplishments and status of the implementation of recommendations in the Task
Force Report one year after its release and will highlight ongoing and future
spectrum policy reform initiatives.

 WIRELESS TELE-COMMUNICATIONS, INTERNATIONAL, AND WIRELINE COMPETITION  TITLE:
Revision of the Commission’s Rules to Ensure Compatibility with Enhanced 911
Emergency Calling Systems (CC Docket No. 94-102); and Amendment of Parts 2 and
25 to Implement the Global Mobile Personal Communications by Satellite (GMPCS)
Memorandum of Understanding and Arrangements; Petition of the National
Telecommunications and Information Administration to Amend Part 25 of the
Commission’s Rules to Establish Emissions Limits for Mobile and Portable Earth
Stations Operating in the 1610-1660.5 MHz Band (IB Docket No. 99-67).

SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Report and Order and Second Further
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning the scope of its enhanced 911 rules.

Additional information concerning this meeting may be obtained from Audrey
Spivack or David Fiske, Office of Media Relations, (202) 418-0500; TTY
1-888-835-5322.

Audio/Video coverage of the meeting will be broadcast live over the Internet
from the FCC's Audio/Video Events web page at www.fcc.gov/realaudio.