Subject: [NEXTEL-1] World's First EDGE Wireless PC Card

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:15:27 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2003/6121.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Deal
of the Week

Motorola A920 on 3

Now
from Free

Just £35 p.m.

Free
3G Newsletter

Buy
3G Phones

Visit
3G Forum

Networks
Analyzer

Generation
UMTS

Gadgets

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
HOME

World's
First EDGE Wireless PC Card

20th November, 2003

Europe
: Sony Ericsson and AT&T Wireless announced today the commercial
availability in North America of the World's first EDGE PC Card.

Sony
Ericsson's latest addition to its mobile connectivity offerings, the
GC82 EDGE PC Card, is a fast mobile computing solution that provides
heavy data users and mobile professionals with the fastest national
wireless data speeds possible.

The
GC82 is a dual band (850/1900 MHz) next-generation PC Card, incorporating
high speed EDGE technology into mobile PC computing, providing AT&T
Wireless customers with data speeds averaging 100-130kbps and bursts
up to 200kbps. This EDGE PC modem card enables faster wireless access
to large files, including rich multimedia content, thus enriching the
experience of mobile professionals. The GC82 EDGE PC Card moves mobile
communications into an era where speed concerns are history, making
it possible to stay connected efficiently and effectively.

The
launch of the first EDGE PC card in North America is a significant step
forward in taking advantage of real 3G networks, offering an efficient
and cost-effective mobile wireless computing solution. The GC82 fits
in the PCMCIA-slot of a laptop, providing a plug and play, fast mobile
connectivity solution. The sleek, compact design of the EDGE PC Card,
with a detachable antenna, allows users to keep the PC Card in the laptop
at all times - giving them convenient and instant access. Since it is
powered by the user's laptop, no extra chargers or cables are required.

The
GC82 development is a clear example of how AT&T's Wireless' leading
position in wireless services, strong distribution network and expertise
in mobile computing combined with Sony Ericsson's leadership in providing
mobile connectivity products offers an attractive solution to corporations,
PC-manufacturers and mobile professionals. The GC82 card, manufactured
by Sony Ericsson, will be distributed through AT&T Wireless stores
and through enterprise sales beginning this month.

"Our
EDGE network deployment combined with the Sony Ericsson modem card enhances
our already strong portfolio of data services for businesses,"
said Rod Nelson, chief technology officer for AT&T Wireless. "Employees
can now use their laptops to take advantage of the faster network speeds,
particularly for enterprise applications. We are pleased to be working
with Sony Ericsson on the launch of the first EDGE PC card in North
America."

"Sony
Ericsson's strong commitment to offering mobile professionals fast wireless
communication solutions is another step forward towards greater connectivity.
The GC82 allows us to take advantage of and support the emerging 3G
networks and to provide a strong complement to our existing GPRS and
GPRS/WI-FI PC-Card line-up," says Anders Franzen, Corporate Vice
President and Head of Sony Ericsson M2M Communications Unit.

"The
GC82 EDGE PC card is a clear example of Sony Ericsson's early and strong
commitment to leading EDGE technology development for the North American
market. This commitment will also benefit Sony Ericsson in providing
additional future EDGE products," says Urban Gillstrom, President
Sony Ericsson USA.

EDGE
was developed to enable mobile transmission of large amounts of data
at high speeds, delivering data speeds more than three times faster
than GPRS. This means greatly improved downloading speeds, which are
very useful for wirelessly downloading e-mails with large attachments.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

World's
First EDGE Wireless PC Card

Sony
Ericsson and AT&T Wireless announced today the commercial availability
in North America of the World's first EDGE PC Card.

New
WLAN Player In Europe

Aruba
Wireless Networks has announced its formal entrance into the European
WLAN market with the opening of European headquarters in London

3G
UMTS Subscriber-Perceived Performance Solution

The
solution has already been deployed by a range of operators and infrastructure
providers including Swisscom in Switzerland, mobilkom in Austria, and
3GIS in Sweden.

Hutchison
Take Tri-Band Wireless Blackberry

Hutchison
Telecoms (Hong Kong) Limited and Research In Motion today announced the
launch of the tri-band BlackBerry 7230 Wireless Handheld with a high
resolution color display.

New
3G UMTS Wireless Communications Integrated Tester

BABThas
formed a partnership with CETECOM S.A. to validate a new conformance test
system for mobile telecommunications devices.

Eighth
Country Lauches i-Mode Wireless

taly
marks the eighth market for i-mode service, which is already available
in Japan, Germany, the Netherlands, Taiwan, Belgium, France, and Spain.

Pocket
Office with 3G Wireless Mail

Mobeon,
the mobile messaging software provider, has launched corporate email support
for 3G phones from NEC and Motorola.

3G
Video Communication Solutions for Europe

NEC
Corporation (NEC) announced that it would start marketing Video Communication
Solutions for emerging Mobile markets in Europe and other parts of the
world.

New
Edge Wireless Test Kit

Seven.Five
for EDGE from Comarco is the first comprehensive drive-test and in-building
test system for the EDGE cellular environment

3G
Wireless and Wi-Fi Hook Up

In
Motion Technology and Lucent Technologies announced an agreement to provide
wireless service providers with a solution that integrates 3G mobile networks
and Wi-Fi networks.

NEC
Displays WAP Wireless Phones

Four
camera phones will be on display, including the brand new e232 and e530
handsets which are poised for launch. The current e525 will also be displayed
and a model of the next in the series, the e535.

Java
Video Software for 3GPP

Written
in pure Java, the software does not require a plug-in or download installation.
It supports 3GPP file formats and decodes both MPEG-4 and H.263 video.

Advanced
MMS Wireless Interoperability

By
committing to follow the same MMS standards specification and implementation
paths these operators will ensure international roaming and interworking
between networks to allow the transfer of messages on a national and international
scale.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>