Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Man Arrested For Blocking Police, Fire Communication Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:43:35 -0500

Man Arrested For Blocking Police, Fire Communication Systems
25-Year-Old Faces 16 Felonies

POSTED: 1:47 p.m. CST November 14, 2003
UPDATED: 2:13 p.m. CST November 14, 2003

MADISON, Wis. -- Authorities have a 25-year-old man in custody, accused of using
radio and computer equipment to block police and fire radio communication
systems.

Police arrested Rajib Mitra in a north Orchard Street apartment around 3 p.m.
Thursday. He faces 16 felony counts under the state's computer crime statutes.

In 2002, Madison police and fire departments upgraded their public safety radio
communications from a 450 megahertz high-band radio system to an 800 megahertz
narrow-band trunked radio system, and started having problems with disruptions
in the spring of 2003.

Radio technicians have been trying to figure out what the problem was, but made
a contingency plan for times their communication systems were not working.

Police had a lot of communication disruptions on Halloween night, and tracked
the interference to the North Orchard-Regent Street neighborhood.

Police got a search warrant after tracking the problem to the apartment on
Orchard Street, where they arrested Mitra. They found various radio system and
computer equipment in the apartment, police said.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/2638726/detail.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/