Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cobra will offer seven 22-channel radios next year with 3, 6, 8 and 10-mile ranges.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:41:40 -0500

Cobra Electronics Announces the Industry's First Full Line of Extended Range
GMRS/FRS Radios
Cobra will offer seven 22-channel radios next year with 3, 6, 8 and 10-mile
ranges.

Cobra Continues to Lead Two-Way Radio Market by Emphasizing Range
CHICAGO, Nov. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cobra Electronics (Nasdaq: COBR)
announced today that its 2004 line of microTALK(R) GMRS/FRS radios has achieved
the industry's longest available range in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio category.
Cobra receiver testing has performed higher than expectations, making it the
first manufacturer to offer a full line of extended range radios.
Cobra will offer seven 22-channel radios next year with 3, 6, 8 and 10-mile
ranges.  The products will be officially unveiled at the 2004 Consumer
Electronics Show (CES) in January.

"Our 2004 microTALK line demonstrates once again Cobra's industry leadership,"
said Tony Mirabelli, senior vice president, marketing and sales for Cobra
Electronics.  "Our enhanced ranges will help us attract new consumers and give
our retailers growing sales opportunities." The new two-way radios will be
available at major electronics retailers beginning in Q2 2004, but CES attendees
will get a first look at the products in January.  Cobra's complete 2004 GPS,
GMRS/FRS, radar detector and marine product lines will all be unveiled at the
2004 Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas, January 8 - 11, at Booth #10506 in
the Central Hall.

Range claims are based under ideal conditions.  External influences such as
terrain, weather conditions and other factors may affect the range.

About Cobra Electronics
Cobra Electronics Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of innovative
mobile communication and navigation products for consumers, having attained a
leadership position in the FRS/GMRS, citizen band radio and radar detector
markets.  Recognizing new opportunities for growth, Cobra has introduced a new
line of handheld GPS units as well as a marine product line.  Cobra, twice
ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the 200 Best Small Companies, has a track
record of designing innovative and award-winning products.  To learn more about
Cobra Electronics, please visit http://www.cobra.com .

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-17-2003/0002059393&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:52:55 -0500

Admittedly I'm no FRS or GMRS fan but when I saw Cobra bragging about a radio with "10-mile range"
I had to take a look. Cobra of course uses their standard disclaimer in the presser:

"Range claims are based under ideal conditions.  External influences such as
terrain, weather conditions and other factors may affect the range."

It's obvious Cobra is feeling the "PTT" pressure from carriers I'm sure this is one reason for Cobra to
make such claims. Sure I have heard FRS radios being heard 15+ miles away but that is from a Mountain
Top!  Maybe this is Cobra's  "ideal conditions".

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG