Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WLNP

From: "Brian Dobkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 20:16:12 -0500

My dad's company is planning on going with nextel service. I currently have Sprint and my father has T-Mobile. Does anybody know anything special we will have to do to get ready for nov 24 so we can take our phone numbers to nextel?

Brian Dobkin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:28:27 -0500

Brian,

This is a hot one........
Since porting in new in the US it is going to be interesting. I would
perform the Basics:

1) Download your address book using a common program that works with all
phones (avoid programs that only work with specific carriers or phones).

2) Port a non critical (Don't port the CEO's phone 1st unless your Dad
is the CEO, your Dad maybe unemployed on Nov 25 ) few phones at a times
see how the "Beta- Porting" goes.

3) If porting a large number of  phones set up "test procedures" for
testing after each phone has been ported. i.e.

Dial Local #'s
Dial Long distance #'s
Receive Calls
Receive Long Distance Calls
and so on

4) Read the fine print on the new porting contract.

5) Ask Nextel to waive any "Administrative" charges. GET IT IN WRITING!

I'm sure others can add to the list.

At this point I'm going to defer to Greg Smith <[email-masked]>
in the UK who has experienced WLNP in his country for some additional
pointers.

Marcel

Brian Dobkin wrote:

> My dad's company is planning on going with nextel service. I currently
> have Sprint and my father has T-Mobile. Does anybody know anything
> special we will have to do to get ready for nov 24 so we can take our
> phone numbers to nextel? Brian Dobkin