Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Three Arrested in Bribery Scheme Linked to IBM Affiliate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:44:19 -0500

Three Arrested in Bribery Scheme Linked to IBM Affiliate

South Korea authorities have arrested three people -- two of them from the
communications sector -- on charges of accepting bribes from a South Korean
affiliate of IBM Corp. [NYSE: IBM], according to law enforcement officials in
Seoul. Those arrested include a South Korea navy procurement officer and
executives at state-run broadcaster KBS and KT Corp., the country's largest
telecommunications company, Kim Tae Hi, a Seoul district prosecutor, told
reporters.

According to Kim, the three allegedly received as much as 50 million won
(US$42,625) each in bribes from an executive of LG IBM, a joint venture between
IBM and South Korean conglomerate LG, in return for helping IBM secure
computer procurement contracts.
http://www.telecomweb.com/news/1068670068.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/