Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NII Holdings And Motorola Launch Enhanced Platform Portfolio In Latin America

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:06:41 -0500

NII Holdings And Motorola Launch Enhanced Platform Portfolio In Latin America
November 19, 2003 1:05:00 PM ET

Next Generation iDEN Handsets from Motorola Combine Instant 
Communications & Solutions 

RESTON, Va., Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NII Holdings NIHD and 
Motorola, Inc. MOT today announced that the operating units of NII 
Holdings in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Peru will expand their 
portfolio of instant communication handsets with the newest line of 
Motorola handsets. The new family of business-oriented mobile 
products is comprised of handsets that are smaller, smarter and more 
feature rich with functions which include the original two-way 
dispatch radio (push-to-talk), Java(TM) technology, a GPS system for 
global position location, integrated speakerphone, vibrant color 
screens, increased memory, and animated graphic user interfaces. 

"Our corporate customers demand advanced and innovative instant 
communications tools that enable them to perform their business more 
efficiently," said Doug Dunbar, vice-president of marketing and sales 
for NII Holdings. "We are committed to continuously delivering on our 
promise to provide integrated mobile communications solutions that 
contribute to increased productivity. This new line of handsets 
combines next-generation features and solutions that enable us to do 
just that. With these new products and their enhanced technology, we 
provide communications tools that best serve the needs of our 
business customers." 

"Instant communication is key to the success of any business, and 
Motorola's original push-to-talk feature on iDEN(R) handsets allows 
users to truly connect instantly," said Rick Wolochatiuk, vice 
president of distribution, Motorola's iDEN(R) International Markets 
Division. "Compared to traditional cellular calls, the push-to-talk 
capability, unique only to iDEN products, ensures that Nextel 
business customers can save time, reduce costs, and improve the 
overall efficiency of communications, especially in time- critical 
situations. That's helping business to work smarter." 

Motorola's new portfolio of intelligent solutions launches with a 
wide array of handset sizes and styles. The expanded portfolio will 
be launched in 2003 and early 2004 in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and 
Peru. 

-- The Motorola i205 is a small (4.8" x 1.9" x 1.0"), sturdy but 
lightweight (5.14 oz.) practical solution for your communication 
needs. The Motorola i205 is a simple, easy-to-use and economical 
phone with GPS (global positioning satellite capability) embedded 
technology. 

-- The Motorola i305 is a rugged-sized handset that meets military 
specifications for humidity, blowing rain, shock, vibration and dust, 
making it the ideal phone for even the toughest of working 
environments. This monolith style phone is enclosed in a rubber over-
mold and contains a tethered bottom connector cover to ensure 
reliance and performance. 

-- The Motorola i530 is a sporty handset with rubber over-mold that 
is built for performance. This handset is perfect for those who enjoy 
a flip- style phone but require the phone to be durable. 

-- The Motorola i730 is a sleek, stylish, compact flip (3.6" x 2.0" x 
1.1") phone with a high-resolution color screen. The ability for 
personal customization of the menu and functions, plus an animated 
graphic user interface provides a better user experience. The 
integrated GPS technology combined with the Java micro processor will 
allow in the future the use of applications for location based 
services such as workforce management systems, graphic navigation for 
fleet management, turn-by-turn driving directions, maps, etc. The 
i730 also includes voice-activated dialing, a digital voice recorder, 
date book, calculator and assignable ring tones. 

This product line will be extended in 2004 to include phones that 
offer multimedia messaging, MP3 players, and integrated cameras in 
smaller sizes. 

About Motorola's iDEN Subscriber Group 

iDEN handsets combine the capabilities of a digital wireless phone 
with "always on" Internet access, text pager, and two-way radio to 
enable users to instantly communicate with one or many individuals at 
the push of a button. For further information on iDEN handsets, visit 
http://www.motorola.com/iden/international 

About Motorola 

Motorola, Inc. MOT is a global leader in providing integrated 
communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales in 2002 were 
$26.7 billion. Motorola is a global corporate citizen dedicated to 
ethical business practices and pioneering important technologies that 
make things smarter and life better for people, honored traditions 
that began when the company was founded 75 years ago this year. For 
more information, please visit: www.motorola.com. 

About NII Holdings, Inc. 

NII Holdings, Inc., a publicly held company based in Reston, Va., is 
a leading provider of mobile communications for business customers in 
Latin America. NII Holdings, Inc. has operations in Argentina, 
Brazil, Mexico and Peru, offering a fully integrated wireless 
communications tool with digital cellular service, text/numeric 
paging, wireless Internet access and Nextel Direct Connect(R), a 
digital two-way radio feature. NII Holdings, Inc. trades on the 
Nasdaq market under the symbol NIHD. Visit the Company's website at 
http://www.nii.com .

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/