Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sports Teams Across the Country and Nextel Support Military Families with Donate a Phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:00:08 -0500

Sports Teams Across the Country and Nextel
Support Military Families with Donate a Phone
Campaign, to Benefit the American Red Cross
Armed Forces Emergency Services
Tuesday November 18, 11:47 am ET

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 18, 2003--Sports teams from across the
country, Nextel Communications (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) and the Wireless
Foundation/Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) will help
keep
the lines of communication open during the months of November and December by
collecting used, wireless phones for the American Red Cross Armed Forces
Emergency
Services fund.

The Donate a Phone® program is a
simple way for Americans to support
military members and their families
by donating their old wireless
phones from any manufacturer to
any one of Nextel's 500-plus retail
stores throughout the country.

As part of Nextel's Donate a Phone®
campaign, team fans are urged to
donate their used, wireless phones
at any one of Nextel's 500+ Retail
Stores throughout the country. Fans
unable to donate a phone can make
a tax-deductible monetary donation
at Nextel Retail Stores.

Nextel will recycle and refurbish the
phones, or dispose of them in an environmentally safe method. Proceeds from the
phones will benefit the American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Services.
Phones from any manufacturer will be accepted.

Participating teams include: Colorado Avalanche, Phoenix Coyotes, Utah Jazz,
Golden
State Warriors, San Jose Sharks, Seattle Seahawks, Nashville Predators, Tampa
Bay
Lightning, Florida Panthers, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, Washington
Capitals,
Washington Redskins, and New York Rangers.

"The critical services we provide around the clock to members of the military
and their
families are not driven by conflict, but by the number of troops deployed," said
Marsha
J. Evans, President and CEO of the American Red Cross. "As long as U.S. troops
are
deployed -- combat or not -- there is a need to keep them connected with loved
ones
back home. We thank the teams and Nextel for their support of American Red Cross

efforts."

Nextel Communications' Director of Sports and Entertainment Marketing Michael
Robichaud said, "We want to thank these teams for helping us get the word out
about
this very important program. Through Nextel's sports sponsorship strategy, we've
been
able to help the families whose loved ones are serving our country overseas.
This
DONATE A PHONE® campaign is an easy way for all of us to help keep military
members connected to the home front."

The Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) Wireless
Foundation,
the philanthropic organization for the nation's wireless industry and the
creator of the
DONATE A PHONE® program, estimates that over 30 million old wireless phones lay
idle in American homes and businesses.

The Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Services provides a necessary link between
military personnel and their families. The organization helps more than 1,000
military
families daily in delivering urgent messages such as serious illness, death of a
loved
one or a birth of a child. The Emergency Services' financial resources are near
depletion while the armed conflict continues overseas.

Through a worldwide communication network, the American Red Cross supports our
men and women in uniform by: facilitating emergency communication; mobilizing
and
deploying Red Cross workers to live and work alongside troops; reaching out to
the
"changing face" of the military, members of the National Guard/Reserves and
their
families; and other social services. From the home front to the frontlines, the
Red Cross
delivers emergency messages such as the death of a loved one, a serious illness
or
the birth of a child.

Nextel's DONATE A PHONE® program for the American Red Cross is slated to
continue
through Dec. 31, 2003. For more information on how you can help, please visit
www.nextel.com or www.redcross.org.
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/031118/185681_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/