Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Quiksilver and Boost Mobile Enhance International Partnership with New Branded Strategic Alliance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:08:13 -0500

November 10, 2003 08:45

Quiksilver and Boost Mobile Enhance International Partnership with 

Pair to Launch Quiksilver Phone, Renew Roxy Phone Deal

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Nov 10, 2003 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Quiksilver 
Entertainment and Boost Mobile have joined forces again, this time 
to create the new "Quiksilver Phone." The Boost Mobile "Quiksilver 
Phone" model, designed primarily for young men, is planned to launch 
in the United States in March 2004. The two leading lifestyle 
companies had joined previously to launch the highly successful girl-
targeted "Roxy Phone" line, which as a result of this new deal, will 
continue in production. 

The Quiksilver Phone will be targeted to male teenage action sports 
enthusiasts and those who aspire to be a part of the boardriding 
culture and youth lifestyle. Like its Roxy counterpart, the 
Quiksilver Phone by Boost Mobile will enable users to browse the Web 
for surf reports, download custom ring tones and games, and will 
feature the Boost Walkie Talkie feature. 

"Quiksilver is excited to expand our strategic alliance with Boost 
Mobile to launch the new Quiksilver Phone and continue the Roxy 
Phone partnership," said Bob McKnight, CEO of Quiksilver. "Boost 
Mobile's innovative phones deliver a truly culture-driven wireless 
experience, and blend perfectly with the Quiksilver lifestyle brand 
and action sports personality." 

Quiksilver, the world-renowned lifestyle brand that represents the 
casual board-riding lifestyle, and Boost Mobile, a lifestyle-based 
telecommunications company focused solely on the development and 
distribution of communications products for the youth market, have 
enjoyed numerous mutually beneficial partnerships throughout the 
years. In addition to the highly successful Roxy phone, Quiksilver 
was the presenting sponsor of the Boost Mobile Pro World 
Championship Tour event for surfing in September 2003, and will do 
so again in 2004. 

Boost Mobile's relationship with Quiksilver began four years ago in 
Australia when Boost was founded, and one of the company's first 
action sports sponsorships included the Quiksilver Air Show, 
Australia's first aerial surfing competition. Boost Mobile in 
Australia launched its Quiksilver branded phone into that market on 
Nov. 5, 2003, and in association with this product alliance will be 
the presenting sponsor of the Quiksilver's Pro World Championship 
Tour event in March 2004, slated to take place in March on the Gold 
Coast of Australia. 

"Boost Mobile has had a fantastic relationship with Quiksilver for 
the past four years, since our brand first launched in Australia," 
said Peter Adderton, CEO of Boost Mobile. "The brands of Boost 
Mobile and Quiksilver are perfectly aligned in that both companies 
have successful products designed to appeal to the young active 
lifestyle. We have found that girls love the Roxy phone in the 
United States, and we expect that the Quiksilver phone will also be 
hugely popular in both the United States and Australia. We always 
wanted Boost Mobile to be the brand that youth around the world 
think of when they think of communications, and this is yet another 
step in achieving that recognition." 

About Quiksilver Entertainment 

Quiksilver Entertainment, a division of Quiksilver, is the leading 
lifestyle brand marketer for the action sports industry, focusing on 
content, publishing, and distribution. Quiksilver Entertainment 
develops innovative, strategic and creative properties for action 
sports brands, produces content and distributes programs. The 
division is also responsible for establishing meaningful corporate 
partnerships and developing new distribution platforms for the 
action sports arena. Founded in 2002, Quiksilver Entertainment is 
located in Huntington Beach. 

About Quiksilver 

Quiksilver designs, produces and distributes clothing, accessories 
and related products for young-minded people and develops brands 
that represent a casual lifestyle -- driven from a board-riding 
heritage. Quiksilver's authenticity is evident in its innovative 
products, events and retail environments across the globe. 

Quiksilver's primary focus is apparel for young men and young women 
under the Quiksilver, Roxy, Raisins, and Radio Fiji labels. 
Quiksilver also manufactures apparel for boys (Quiksilver Boys and 
Hawk Clothing), girls (Roxy Girl, Teenie Wahine and Raisins Girls), 
men (Quiksilver edition and Fidra) and women (Leilani swimwear), as 
well as snowboards, snowboard boots and bindings under the Lib 
Technologies, Gnu, Supernatural Mfg. and Bent Metal labels. 
Quiksilver's products are sold throughout the world, primarily in 
surf shops and specialty stores that provide an authentic retail 
experience for its customers. 

About Boost Mobile 

Boost Mobile, with headquarters in Irvine, Calif., is a lifestyle-
based telecommunications company that focuses solely on offering 
wireless communications products for the youth market. Boost is the 
only wireless service provider to offer Nextel's Push To Talk(SM) 
technology as a pay-as-you-go service. The company offers pay-as-you-
go wireless phone service, Boost Walkie Talkie Push To Talk service, 
Re-Boost pay-as-you-go airtime cards and a wide range of 
accessories, Java(TM) games for wireless phones, ring-tones and 
other cutting-edge mobile services that are available at more than 
3,000 locations where youth prefer to shop, including Best Buy, Wal-
Mart, Sam Goody, Target, Wherehouse Music, Good Guys, and wireless 
and youth fashion retailers in California and Nevada. 

Boost Mobile's marketing is centered on youth activities such as 
surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, motox, music, fashion and 
entertainment. Boost Mobile's team of over 40 action sports stars 
includes reigning World Surfing Champions Andy Irons and Layne 
Beachley. The Boost Mobile(TM) brand is also one of the leading 
youth brands for telecommunications in Australia and New Zealand. 

Find more information on the Web at http://www.boostmobile.com 

SOURCE: Boost Mobile 

The Rose Group for Quiksilver Entertainment
Jeff Rose or Regina Parisi, 310-280-3710
[email-masked] or [email-masked]
or
Boost Mobile, Irvine, United States
Andy Colley, 949-789-4822
[email-masked]
or
Infinity Communications Australia Pty Ltd for Boost
Mobile (Australia)
Dana Hartwig, +61-2-9923-1133
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/