Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Amendment of Part 2 of the Commission’s Rules to Allocate Spectrum Below 3 GHz for Mobile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:09:41 -0500

11/03/03
                               Before the
                   FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
                         Washington, D.C. 20554
                            In the Matter of
             Amendment of Part 2 of the Commission’s Rules
            to Allocate Spectrum Below 3 GHz for Mobile and
           Fixed Services to Support the Introduction of New
              Advanced Wireless Services, Including Third
                      Generation Wireless Systems
               Amendments to Parts 1, 2, 27 and 90 of the
             Commission’s Rules to License Services in the
               216-220 MHz, 1390-1395 MHz, 1427-1429 MHz,
                     1429-1432 MHz, 1432-1435 MHz,
                    1670-1675 MHz, and 2385-2390 MHz
                        Government Transfer Bands

ET Docket No. 00-258
WT Docket No. 02-8

COMMENTS OF MOTOROLA, INC.

Motorola, Inc. (“Motorola”) hereby submits these comments on the Fourth
Notice of
Proposed Rulemaking (“Fourth NPRM”) in the above-captioned proceeding.1
Motorola
welcomes this opportunity to provide comments on the Commission’s
proposal to make
spectrum available for Federal Government operations that will be
displaced from the 1710-
1850 MHz band to make the 1710-1755 MHz segment available for advanced
wireless services
(“AWS”). Motorola supports efforts to clear the 1710-1755 MHz band of
Federal Government
operations and to accommodate such operations in appropriate alternative
spectrum. Motorola
therefore generally supports the Commission’s proposals in the Fourth
NPRM. Motorola opposes the Commission’s proposed modifications to Part
15 of its rules that would eliminate the designation of the 1910-1920
MHz Personal Communications Services (“PCS”) band for unlicensed PCS
(“UPCS”) operations. Motorola supports retaining the 1915-1920 MHz band
for UPCS use and allowing isochronous devices to operate in this
spectrum.

Full Report:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6515288705http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6515288705