Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NIST Special Publication 800-53-Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:23:24 -0500

NIST Special Publication 800-53
                     Recommended Security Controls
                    for Federal Information Systems

                                Ron Ross
                            Gary Stoneburner
                             Stuart Katzke
                             Arnold Johnson
                            Marianne Swanson

                 I N F O R M A T I O N S E C U R I T Y
                          INITIAL PUBLIC DRAFT

                       Computer Security Division
                   Information Technology Laboratory
             National Institute of Standards and Technology
                      Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8930
                              October 2003

                      U.S. Department of Commerce
                       Donald L. Evans, Secretary
                       Technology Administration

      Phillip J. Bond, Under Secretary of Commerce for Technology
             National Institute of Standards and Technology
                     Arden L. Bement, Jr., Director
                SP 800-53 Recommended Security Controls
                     for Federal Information Systems
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reports on Computer Systems Technology

The Information Technology Laboratory (ITL) at the National Institute of
Standards and Technology (NIST) promotes the U.S. economy and public
welfare by providing technical leadership for the Nation's measurement
and standards infrastructure. ITL develops tests, test methods,
reference data, proof of concept implementations, and technical analyses
to advance the development and productive use of information technology.
ITL's responsibilities include the development of management,
administrative, technical, and physical standards and guidelines for the
cost-effective security and privacy of non-national security-related
information in Federal information systems. This special publication
800-series reports on ITL's research, guidelines, and outreach efforts
in information system security, and its collaborative activities with
industry, government, and academic organizations.

Full 238 Page Report

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/draft-SP800-53.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/