Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WLNP readiness

From: "Brian Dobkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 02:52:06 -0500

It sounds to me like they are not going to be ready on novemeber 24. Does anybody know what the penalities are for non compliance on the set date?
Brian Dobkin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 04:12:04 -0500

"At an October press briefing, FCC Chairman Michael Powell said LNP
implementation penalties could be very similar to the way wireless
carriers were penalized with fines and consent decrees when they didn't
meet E911 Phase II deadlines. The week before that, FCC Wireless
Telecommunications Bureau Chief John Muleta sent letters to major
wireless carriers requesting site visits to see what preparations were
being made to meet the upcoming LNP deadline. Perhaps ominously, he said
officials from the commission's enforcement bureau would accompany him
on those trips. There have never been clearer signs the FCC stands ready
to come down on carriers that aren't in compliance."

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA329158

Brian Dobkin wrote:

> It sounds to me like they are not going to be ready on novemeber 24.
> Does anybody know what the penalities are for non compliance on the
> set date?Brian Dobkin
>