Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NEWS ALERT -- LNP Reports: Wireline Operators On Counteroffensive

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:37:59 -0500

LNP Reports: Wireline Operators On Counteroffensive
By Mark Rockwell

WASHINGTON -- Wireline carriers have begun their counteroffensive in
the battle against the FCC's new wireless local number portability
rules, and FCC officials say they're ready.

A filing by BellSouth at the FCC on Friday sought  $38 million in
repayment for the costs of porting wireline customers to wireless
carriers. Additionally, and perhaps more ominously, rumblings persist
today from a number of wireline carriers that Qwest will file suit in
federal court over the FCC's wireline-to-wireless portability rules.

Qwest officials had no comment when asked about such a filing. Other
wireline carrier officials familiar with the complaint say it will be
based on trials between wireline and wireless carriers that resulted
in persistent technical porting problems.

One FCC official said today the agency was well prepared for a court
challenge on the procedural issues of the ruling.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/