Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Europe's First 3G UMTS TD-CDMA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:41:35 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2003/6017.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/I3w.vC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>

3G
HOME ssAdvertising
and Sponsorship ssFREE
Daily 3G Newsletter

ALL
TODAY'S PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

Europe's
First 3G UMTS TD-CDMA

4th November 2003

Europe
: German communications provider Airdata AG launched commercial services
built on IPWirelessTM Mobile Broadband technology in Stuttgart, marking
the first commercial deployment in Europe of broadband wireless services
based on the data-optimized UMTS TD-CDMA variation of the 3G standard.

After
an extensive and successful trial deployment, we are pleased to power
Airdatas new commercial PortableDSL service in Stuttgart,said Chris Gilbert,
CEO of IPWireless. Airdata is a forward-looking provider that understands
that subscribers want the speed, freedom, ease, and convenience that IPWirelesstechnology
enables. With spectrum licenses in all major areas of Germany, Airdata
is well-positioned to offer the most advanced broadband services in Europe.

Fast
and Portable Internet Access

-
With PortableDSL, Airdata AG offers for the first time in Europe a portable
way of accessing the Internet that uses the new 3G standards.

-
The mayor of Stuttgart, Mr. Wolfgang Schuster, will commercially launch
this innovative technology, which comes after completion of a successful
trial.

-
It is now possible to use the Internet wirelessly in almost every part
of Stuttgart at ISDN speeds (128 Kbit/s) or DSL speeds (768 Kbit/s).

Those
who live and work in Stuttgart can now get excited about the way they
access the Internet. Subscribers can use the Internet in the office and
at home, at a friends house or during a conversation in the next office,
at the train station or at the airport -- with high download and upload
speeds and without ever needing a telephone line. Mobile workers are now
able to connect to the company network while meeting in person with customers;
technicians can download datasheets at the construction site; and teachers
and students can reach the web in every classroom.

This
is all made possible by the network built by Airdata over the last few
months. The network uses the IPWireless Mobile Broadband system, which
is based on the TD-CDMA variation of the worldwide IMT-2000 standard,
also known as 3G, which allows for both voice and data transmission. The
new network allows for connectivity far beyond distances covered by WLAN
hotspots, creating instead much larger hotzones,which are comparable in
size to mobile phone coverage areas. In addition, the user does not need
subscriptions with multiple providers as is the case when moving from
hotspot to hotspot today, nor have to pay any additional usage fees that
hotspots currently require.

The
network leverages the secure 3G standard, so setup for the service is
simple: insert the SIM card into the modem, connect the modem to the computer,
and enter the user name and password. There is no need to connect to a
phone outlet, and there is no additional hardware or software. No larger
than a cellular phone, the modem is very small and handy.

In
addition to the unprecedented convenience and ease of use PortableDSL
offers, the new service is priced very competitively. Customers get an
Internet connection that goes anywhere for the same price as a fixed connection,
with the benefit of always on,24-hours-a-day connectivity formerly only
available with a DSL connection. Charges include only the Internet flat
rate, the monthly connection fee, and the one time charge for the modem
and installation. Airdata's partner Next Generation Internet (NGI) offers
PortableDSL 128 at a flat rate of only euro9.95 per month, plus a connection
fee of euro14.95 per month. NGI PortableDSL 768 costs euro 19.95 for the
Internet flat rate, euro 24..95 for the monthly connection fee.

Whether
using PortableDSL 128 or 768, the connection is wireless and, therefore,
is an attractive alternative to traditional fixed line services since
even voice will be possible through this access method, giving subscribers
the most flexible data and voice communications solution available today.

Airdata
AG has been offering the new service on a trial basis through ISPs in
Stuttgart. Trial users have included not only private individuals but
also self-employed workers and enterprises, since the large reach of PortableDSL
gives business professional many potential ways to increase productivity
and save time and money. On October 3, based on the trial service, NGI
was given an outstanding grade of 1.7 as an Internet-Provider in the consumer
magazine Stiftung Warentest.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Comprehensive
3G 1xEV-DV Wireless Signal Analysis

the
first to characterize components and systems for base and mobile stations
based on the TD-SCDMA wireless access methods.

New
3G UMTS Test Suite

NetTest
designed the suite - comprised of MasterQuest UMTS, Compass UMTS and InterQuest
Analyzer...

Optimized
JAVA Solutions for 2.5G and 3G Networks

Sun
Microsystems and Texas Instruments are working together to deliver optimized
end-to-end wireless solutions for 2.5G and 3G networks in the second quarter
of 2004.

Vodafone
Multimedia Postcards

Vodafone
K.K. announced that it will launch a new service that makes it possible
for customers to create a multimedia message

Stratix
Devices Power LG 3G Products

ardCopy
Stratix(TM) devices from Altera Corporation will power the next generation
of 3G mobile communications infrastructure products from LG Electronics

Europe's
First 3G UMTS TD-CDMA

First
commercial deployment in Europe of broadband wireless services based on
the data-optimized UMTS TD-CDMA variation of the 3G standard.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.