Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel v. NEXTELSUCKS.org

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:40:03 -0500

ALL:

Here is the  latest on Nextel v. NEXTELSUCKS.org. When we last left off Nextel
was going to sue NEXTELSUCKS.org for infringing on their domain name .
Since then Nextel's lawyers have switched to CYA (Cover Their A**) mode and have
backed down.......Amazing!

If Nextel honored their code of conduct there would be no need for sites like
http//www. NEXTELSUCKS.org

And Public Safety Trusts Nextel? Shame on them!

=================================================================================

From NEXTELSUCKS.org

THIS SITE WAS UPDATED ON 11/19/2003 8:30PM EST

I was contacted by several news stations, magazines and newspapers regarding
this story. Even Forbes magazine called. They all then called the Nextel lawyers
for comments.  I found out from a reporter at Forbes magazine that they "were
not going to pursue legal action." and that the "letter was sent out by accident
by a piece of software." I was amazed that they would send me this letter "by
accident." but that they would not have responded to the ACLU letter saying so.
Why? Why would they not respond to it? Oh wait, but they did! SIX WEEKS AFTER
they received the ACLU letter, just two days after the Forbes magazine employee
contacted them, they left a quick message with the ACLU lawyer saying software
accidentily send me the C & D letter.  I'm glad this is all over with and that
Nextel has decided not to stomp on my freedom of speech.

http://www.nextelsucks.org/

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Don Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:15:31 -0800

> backed down.......Amazing!

Sanity breaks out in Reston!  Tape at 11!

> http//www. NEXTELSUCKS.org

True.

> And Public Safety Trusts Nextel? Shame on them!

"Trusts"?
More like, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

THAT is how "Business gets done."

Don

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:17:19 -0800

IMHO The link below is well worth the time it takes to read.
Don't pass it up.

===============================================