Subject: [NEXTEL-1] iDEN Handsets May Go To Argentina-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:57:56 -0500

iDEN Handsets May Go To Argentina-
Motorola may build handsets on Tierra del Fuego
November 12, 2003 4:09pm
BNamericas.com

US telecoms supplier Motorola (NYSE: MOT) may build a plant on Argentina's
Tierra del Fuego island to build its new range of iDEN handsets, local newspaper
Infobae reported.

"Even though at the moment we are not planning to transfer production to
[Argentina], this could be an alternative in the future, as long as we analyze
the cost structures and market volume," according to Adolfo Rizzato, iDEN
subscriber division sales manager at Motorola Argentina.

Currently, Motorola is importing its iDEN i205, i730 and i530 handsets from its
plants in Brazil, Rizzato was quoted as saying.

Motorola already outsources production of its i30 and i60 handsets to
Argentina's BGH, which has a plant on Tierra del Fuego.

Motorola is the main supplier for Nextel Argentina, which has some 230,000
customers. Nextel Argentina president Jose Felipe said recently that it would
spend 62mn pesos (US$21mn) to buy equipment from Motorola and another 34mn pesos
on imports.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR200311123200.1_0ad0000362d38878

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/