Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel "Hating" On Cingular- Nextel Holds Resentment Over Nextel Nextwave Scam Gone Bad-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:26:13 -0500

Nextel "Hating" On Cingular- Nextel Holds Resentment
Over Nextel Nextwave Scam Gone Bad-

Nextel Files Comments with Federal
Communications Commission --FCC--
Concerning Cingular Wireless' Request for
Government Handout
Thursday November 6, 9:07 am ET

Waiver Request in NextWave Proceeding Contradicts 'Unjust
Enrichment' Rules; Cingular Seeks to Avoid Payment of $170
Million Owed to American Taxpayers

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 6, 2003-- Nextel Communications Inc.
(NASDAQ:NXTL - News) filed comments yesterday with the Federal
Communications Commission (FCC) regarding an application by NextWave
Personal Communications, NextWave Power Partners and Cingular Wireless LLC
seeking a waiver to abandon the obligation to pay almost $170 million in interest on C and F Block

Personal Communications Service ("PCS") licenses that Cingular is
seeking to acquire from NextWave. The Cingular waiver request violates both the spirit and the rules of the C and F Block licenses that were designed for small business enterprises. The Commission has well-established existing precedent in
declining similar requests.

With annual revenues in excess of $14.7 billion in 2002, Cingular's
revenues are more than 100 times the limit set on small business
eligibility criteria for C and F Block licenses (which were set at $125
million in revenue). Cingular has failed to justify its request as being
in the public interest. The Commission's 'unjust enrichment rules'
specifically address entities that intend to use preferences afforded to
small business to obtain licenses at a lower cost than they would
otherwise have to pay at a market price.

Cingular's two parent companies, Southwestern Bell Corporation (SBC) and
Bell South, both aggressively opposed previous proposals before the
Commission to provide C and F Block licensees with relief from the
conditions laid out in the Commission's rules.

In 1997, SBC stated that the "FCC should hold the Licensees to their
original bids and not reduce the principal or accumulated interest due."
At the same time, Bell South filed comments stating that "Such waivers
would undermine the integrity of the auction process" and that
"After-the-fact waivers of this kind are discriminatory."

In its filing, Nextel also contends that Cingular's conduct raises
concerns about its 'character qualifications' to acquire these licenses,
and cited Cingular's recent failure to cooperate in resolving
interference to a public safety communications network in Maryland. In
2002, Anne Arundel County told the FCC, "Cingular was not cooperative.
From July to November, 2001, Cingular would neither provide information
needed to assess the situation nor cooperate with testing." Further,
Nextel urged the Commission to permit "full public participation in the
proceeding" by having the Commission itself review this transaction, as
it has in similar cases.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/031106/65399_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:41:04 -0500

This is the funniest thing I have seen in months!

"In its filing, Nextel also contends that Cingular's conduct raises
concerns about its 'character qualifications' to acquire these licenses,
and cited Cingular's recent failure to cooperate in resolving
interference to a public safety communications network in Maryland."

Timmy must have bumped his head getting out of the Nextel Corp Jet on his last trip. Nextel aka "The Snake Of Wireless" has the nerve to challenge the creditability of  Cingular? Pleeeezzee this one is going to back fire on Timmy.  Public
comments are going to open a can of worms for Nextel. I'm sure Nextel does  want to revisit the under the table deal with Nextwave that was foiled by congress.

This is going to be good!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->