Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Network Problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:53:51 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Poole, Matt" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Off Topic... Nextel Network Status (again...)

We are having similar problems with our customers on the East Coast. 
Here's
what one of our guys was told:

"The explanation given to them by Nextel was that there is a problem
with
the data network that is preventing java apps on phones with Private IPs
from connecting to the network. The temporary fix for them was switching
their new phones to Public IP, which is working.

Be aware that if you have customers on the East Coast with Private IP
phones, they may be experiencing the same problem."

My question to any Nextel people on this list is if this is a valid
assessment and is there an ETA to this problem being resolved?

Thanks,
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardik Patel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: Off Topic... Nextel Network Status (again...)

yes, we are having tremendus problems (for 30 phones in different
regions)
since yesterday evening using PDN.

~hp

-----Original Message-----
From: iDEN Developer Program [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Andrew J. Amwoza
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 10:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Off Topic... Nextel Network Status (again...)

Sorry.. DNS is incorrect and the issue was supposedly DHCP.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew J. Amwoza" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 9:21 AM
Subject: Off Topic... Nextel Network Status (again...)

> Just checking in with everyone to see if anyone else is experiencing a
cascading network outage for Nextel Packet Data.  Our own phones and our
clients are reporting PD network outages, and it appears to me to be
very
similar to the DNS issue that was supposedly the major issue earlier
this
year.
> Thanks.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/