Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Woman Crashes Into a Cingular Wireless Store While On a Cellphone and Dies.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:55:47 -0500

Woman Crashes Into a Cingular Wireless Store While On a Cellphone and
Dies.

A Massachusetts woman died this weekend in surgery from injuries
sustained after her car crashed into a Cingular Wireless retail store.
The 20-year old woman was driving and talking on her cell phone and was
not wearing a seat belt. It was reported that while she was not using
her wireless phone safely, she recklessly swerved to avoid a utility
pole, crossing into the oncoming lane and crashing into the Cingular
store.
=======================================================================

Woman On Cell Phone Dies In Car Crash
Car Plows Into Cell Phone Store
POSTED: 7:50 a.m. EST November 3, 2003

WEST BRIDGEWATER, Mass. -- An Abington, Mass., woman, driving and
talking on her cell phone, died after her car plowed into a cell phone
store in West Bridgewater.

Bethaney Lawton, 20, was not wearing a seat belt when her car crashed
into a Cingular Wireless building shortly before 1 a.m.  Saturday,
officer Thomas Richmond said.

"She was on a cell phone, talking to a friend," Richmond said.  "She
told her friend, 'I'm about to get into an accident.' ... The friend
heard the crash, the phone went dead." Lawton swerved to avoid a utility
pole, crossed into the oncoming lane and crashed into the building,
Richmond said.

The car was three-fourths into the building, and it took 20 minutes to
free her from the wreckage, according to Fire Chief Leonard Hunt. She
died while undergoing surgery at Boston Medical Center.
Police said Lawton was alone in her car after dropping off a friend in
Bridgewater. She was studying to be an EMT at Massasoit Community
College.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2604313/detail.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/