Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Fw: Stolen repeater

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:13:26 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Subject:Re: Fw: Stolen repeater

Cathy asked for stolen equipment stories;

A competitor came in one day and wanted to buy an accessory group for a
GE table top base station. )In those days we sold to each other with
courtesy discounts, etc.) He wasn't familiar with GE model numbers, etc.
so he broght in the radio. Due special serial numbers issued to us by
GE, I immedialtelyrecognized this was one of our common carrier radios.
It had been stoled off adrilling rig thatwas parked in the middle of
nowhere a few montns back. I knew he wasn't that sort of guy so I just
showed him the police reporet and thanked him for returning my radio. He
was in shock anbd said it was IMPOSSIBL ethe radio was stolen.
After a lot of discussion he revealed his customer was a deputy sheriff
in the adjacent county. I assumed it might have shown up in an unclaimed
property sale and contacted the local sheriff's office to let them know
it had been recovered. I guess they contacted the deputy becaiuse he
dissappered a couple of days later. Seems the guy was ripping off all
kinds of stuff that was parked in rural areas.

#@: We did have one small customers site in a place called Notrees in W.
Texas that nobody ever stole anything from. It was a tin shack and a
bobcat had made it it's hideout; it was shadt in the summer and warm in
the winter. When you went to service the equipment, there was a broom
left outside to band on the walls before you opened the door. Usually,
the cat scurried into the souroundinbg brush. New techs always came back
with a great respect for the mny creatures that lived in the old
unsealed equipment shacks. Of course rattlesamkes, scorpions and black
widows were commoin stuff.

Jack Daniel
============================

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/