Subject: [NEXTEL-1] First auto-focus camera phone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:44:55 -0500

First auto-focus camera phone

Japan's DoCoMo says that it will release the world's first camera
phone equipped with auto focus. The P505iS is the second handset
model released in the new 505iS series, a series of five PDC (2G)
i-mode-capable mobile phones featuring mega-pixel cameras. The
model's 1.28 mega-pixel CCD camera is equipped with auto-focus
for sharp, clear photos.

The new handset has a 65,536-color TFT main LCD that doubles as
a viewfinder, just like the viewfinder on a digital camera. The
display-half of the body slides open (parallel to the lower body, like a
jackknife), because the display is located on the outside of the
body. When open, the display can also be rotated 180 degrees to
face the same direction as the camera (for self-portraits, etc.).

The phone's external storage slot accepts mini SD(tm) memory
Cards. Still images saved on the card can be projected on to TV
screens using devices compatible with the card, and users can
watch recorded TV programs on the mini SD memory Card by
inserting it into the handset. Moreover, the P505iS is also equipped
with an audio record function and can store up to approximately 55
minutes of sound with a 16MB- mini SD memory Card in standard
mode.

The P505iS cursor is moved with a "Roll Navi" trackball for easy
navigation and quick scrolling. Another convenience is the phone's
help feature, which enables users to type in keywords to obtain
instructions on how to use the phone.

Posted to the site on 11-Nov-03
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10093.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/