Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Morggie Leaves His Lawsuit Riddled Career At Nextel, Continues as Vice Chairman, Board of Directors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:19:39 -0500

November 11, 2003 03:00 PM US Eastern Timezone

Morggie Leaves His Lawsuit Riddled Career At Nextel, Continues as Vice Chairman,
Board of Directors
( $27 Million Judgement against Morggie, Nextel's & others still fresh on the
books)

RESTON, Va.---Nov. 11, 2003--Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL) today
announced that company founder Morgan O'Brien has decided to end his tenure as
an employee, but will continue in his leadership role as vice chairman of the
Board of Directors. This move is effective immediately. In recent years, O'Brien
has led key strategic initiatives of the company, including oversight of
Nextel's spectrum acquisition program, regulatory affairs and new market
development initiatives such as Nextel's focus on serving public safety.

"Nextel has been my life's work for 16 years, and I am immensely proud of this
company and the strength of the 16,000-person strong team that serves Nextel's
customers and shareholders," said O'Brien. "During the past two years, I have
devoted my attention almost exclusively to the needs of the public safety
community, and I feel a strong calling to expand upon that mission. I am ready
for new challenges and look forward to leveraging my experiences working in the
business, legal and finance arenas for the benefit of the public safety
community."

"Morgan has been an inspiration and an invaluable member of the Nextel team, so
naturally we're delighted that he will    continue in his role as vice chairman
of our Board," said Tim Donahue, president and CEO of Nextel. "He is a visionary
at
heart, and we wish him the very best."

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20031111005721&newsLang=en

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/