Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tellabs(R) 6350 Switch Node Sales Exceed 250 Nodes Just Ten Months After Product Launch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 08:31:18 -0500

Tellabs(R) 6350 Switch Node Sales Exceed 250
Nodes Just Ten Months After Product Launch

Fastest-Selling New Product in Tellabs History
Confirms That the Company Is Addressing Network
Operators' Most Pressing Needs

LONDON, Nov. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Tellabs today
announced that sales for its Tellabs 6350 switch nodes have
exceeded 250 nodes just ten months after the product was
launched, confirming its position as the fastest- selling new
product in Tellabs history. The Tellabs 6350 switch node is
deployed in networks throughout Asia-Pacific, Europe, the
Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Customers for the
Tellabs 6350 switch node include PGCIL in India, Tele2 in
Sweden, Telenor in Norway, Nextel de Mexico S.A. de C.V. in
Mexico and Sonofon in Denmark.

Raul Ramirez, chief technical officer at Nextel de Mexico S.A.
de C.V. said, "We chose the next-generation Tellabs 6350
switch node as it can be used in a wide variety of network
architectures and can handle multiple services such as
high-speed Ethernet. This means we can keep our operating
costs down by combining voice and data services on a single
platform."

Peter Viereck, vice president and general manager of Tellabs
optical transport networks commented, "With 100 switch
nodes shipped and over a further 150 ordered the Tellabs
6350 has seen the greatest demand for a new product in
Tellabs history. The widespread acceptance by network
operators confirms that Tellabs is addressing their most
pressing needs, delivering innovative solutions that enable
them to maximise the return on their investment in SDH whilst
delivering new value-add services such as high-speed
Ethernet."

The scalable and high-density Tellabs 6350 switch node is a
digital cross- connect that enables network operators to
generate new revenue streams and reduce operating costs. It
cost-effectively collects and consolidates voice and data traffic
in the metro and regional areas.

About NII Holdings, Inc.

NII Holdings, Inc., a publicly held company based in Reston,
Va., is a leading provider of mobile communications for
business customers in Latin America. NII Holdings, Inc. has
operations in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Peru, offering a
fully integrated wireless communications tool with digital
cellular service, text/numeric paging, wireless Internet access
and Nextel Direct Connect(R), a digital two-way radio feature.
NII Holdings, Inc. trades on the NASDAQ market under the
symbol NIHD. Visit the Company's website at
http://www.nii.com/ .

About Tellabs

Tellabs [Kurs/Chart] provides innovative data switching and
bandwidth management solutions to help carriers around the
world move communications traffic efficiently, effectively and
profitably. The world communicates through Tellabs(TM);
more than two-thirds of telephone calls and Internet sessions
in several countries, including the United States, flow through
Tellabs equipment. Tellabs customers include many of the
world's largest and strongest carriers. Tellabs experts
design, develop, deploy and support our solutions throughout
telecommunications networks in more than 100 countries
worldwide.

Tellabs(R), Tellabs logo(R) and The World Communicates
Through Tellabs(TM) are trademarks of Tellabs or its affiliates
in the United States and/or other countries. Any other
company or product names mentioned herein may be
trademarks of their respective companies.

Quelle: Tellabs

http://www.stockworld.de/msg/574492.html