Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Rise in hoax 999s halts system

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:22:25 -0500

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/7574060?source=Evening%20Standard 

Rise in hoax 999s halts system

7 November 2003 

The number of 999 calls in London has "gone through the roof " and is
preventing emergencies from being dealt with promptly, it emerged today. 

Up to 4,500 calls a day are made, with many said to be from patients who
cannot get doctors' appointments. 

Mark Weatherhead, of the Association of Professional Ambulance
Personnel, said: "Without proper investment the whole system will grind
to a halt." 

United Kingdom England

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/