Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:38:24 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, November 4, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Agilent Technologies Offers Base and Mobile Station Test for TD-SCDMA
and 1xEV-DV
2) Radio Frequency Investigation Approves Panasonic's First Bluetooth
Mobile Phone
3) Conexant, Globespan Merge

---------------------------------------

1) Agilent Technologies Offers Base and Mobile Station Test for TD-SCDMA
and 1xEV-DV

Agilent Technologies has introduced a series of new capabilities for its
PSA Series high-performance spectrum analyzers that make the instruments
the first to characterize components and systems for base and mobile
stations based on the TD-SCDMA and 1xEV-DV wireless access methods...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59802/793725

2) Radio Frequency Investigation Approves Panasonic's First Bluetooth
Mobile Phone

Radio Frequency Investigation Ltd announced that it has listed
Panasonic's first Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone -- the X70. Panasonic
combined its Bluetooth Qualification with full GSM approval testing and
regulatory compliance services, all carried out by RFI...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59803/793725

3) Conexant, Globespan Merge

The Intersil Corp. 802.11 chips are changing hands again.
GlobespanVirata Inc., which acquired the 802.11 line in August,
announced it will merge with Conexant Systems Inc. Intersil, the 2002
market-share leader in 802.11 chip sales, faced new competition this
year from Broadcom Corp. and Intel Corp...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59804/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------------------

American Technical Ceramics brings us this week's featured download --
"Circuit Designer's Notebook: ESR Loss Factors", written by Richard
Fiore, Sr. RF Applications Engineer.

Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) is the summation of all losses in a
capacitor and is typically expressed in milli-ohms. ESR losses are
comprised of both dielectric loss (Rsd), and metal loss (Rsm). Download
the complete notebook in pdf format at:
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59809/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) MFS Series Frequency Synthesizer
2) Filtered D-Sub Connectors
3) Multi-Mode Quad-Band Quadrature Modulator
4) Connector Gaskets

---------------------------------------

1) MFS Series Frequency Synthesizer

This new line of low-power, compact frequency synthesizers employs a
single module design, implemented with CMOS ASIC, advanced RF MMIC, and
a dedicated micro controller. A KU-band synthesizer with 1 KHz step, 2.2
GHz bandwidth and integrated L-band LFLO consumes only 8 Watts.
Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59805/793725

2) Filtered D-Sub Connectors

Corry Micronics has introduced a new line of filtered D-Sub Miniature
connectors. Filtered connectors are available in pin counts from 9 to 37
pin. The company offers the d-sub miniature connectors in "C" and "Pi"
configurations. Downloadable product datasheet and catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59806/793725

3) Multi-Mode Quad-Band Quadrature Modulator

The RF2705 is a high-performance modulator that supports the world's
major wireless standards--CDMA, WCDMA, TDMA, GSM and EDGE. This device
is a multi-mode quad-band quadrature modulator with integrated variable
gain PA drivers for handset or base station applications. Downloadable
product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59807/793725

4) Connector Gaskets

Grounding of AN Series, Bendix and RF-Type Connectors to an enclosure
bulkhead in a manner that will reduce the ingress or egress of EMI/RFI
interference can be accomplished through the use of these connector
gaskets...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/59808/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/