Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Montgomery County Dead Spot?

From: "entertainlaw" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:23:10 -0000

I used to live right near that intersection.  There's a fire station 
right at that corner.  It would be interesting to know if the tower 
that I believe is at the fire station also houses cellular and/or 
Nextel, which might then be the cause of the problem.  If not, I 
believe that the closest cell sites are at the corner of Georgia and 
Connecticut, Bel Pre and Layhill (on the office building) and at 
Georgia near Bel Pre, each one being maybe a mile in each direction.

Alan Tilles

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> 
> -------- Original Message --------
> From:	mtcomm <mtcomm@e...>
> Subject:Montgomery County Dead Spot?
> 
> 
> I was scanning the County's 800 systems this morning about 9 AM 
10/30/03 on the way to work and overhead some traffic from Wheaton 
Police having radio problems that they were reporting to the radio 
shop.  I believe it was John 1 at Connecticut and Belle Pre Road 
working an overturned  truck.
> Mobiles worked ok but portables didn't.  They later ran a test and 
everything worked ok but were going to report the problems to the 
radio shop.
> I suspect that this is one of the "dead" spots that the FCC is 
trying to solve created by  "Nextel" or Cellular interference  
problems.  Have  any of you heard similar calls in that area or 
elsewhere in Montgomery County.  Please post here or send me a note 
at mtcomm@e...
> Mike

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/