Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GM Extends OnStar Stories Into 'Documercial'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:28:06 -0500

GM Extends OnStar Stories Into 'Documercial'
November 05, 2003
By Aaron Baar

 http://www.adweek.com/aw/regional/midwest/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=2017909

Sam and Geraldine Felax dramatize their story in the longer format.

CHICAGO General Motors is expanding its OnStar television campaign that depicts
people's use of the driver-assistance service into a 30-minute "documercial" to
air on several cable networks.

The effort, entitled "Tales From the Road," will begin airing on HGTV, The Food
Network, Discovery Channel and TLC beginning Nov. 8. The work tells the stories
of real-life OnStar subscribers, such as Geraldine Felax who used OnStar to call
for emergency help to rescue her husband, Sam, who was trapped under a tractor.

The documercial goes a step further than current the television campaign, which
uses audio of actual OnStar calls against a text screen. That television effort
from Campbell-Ewald Advertising in Warren, Mich., broke in November 2002, and
used the tag, "OnStar. Always there, always ready." The long-form commercial,
from CEA and MVP Communications in Warren, Mich., shows real people and
dramatizations of their plights.

"It's difficult to share these compelling stories and explain all the benefits
of OnStar in a 60-second radio or TV spot," said Tony DiSalle, vice president
for OnStar sales, service and marketing, in a statement. "This longer format
gives us a chance to better educate consumers about the benefits of OnStar and
reach one of our most important audiences&#x2014women."

General Motors spent nearly $15 million advertising the driver-assistance
service last year, according to Nielsen Monitor Plus.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/