Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Train Driver Caught Snapping And Sending

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:59:02 -0500

Train Driver Caught Snapping And Sending
 Contributed by mmasnick on Tues, Nov 18 2003

While we've come down pretty hard on many businesses that are outright banning
camera phones, there are some jobs where it probably does make sense for you not
to be using your camera phone. A Japanese bullet train driver was caught
snapping photos with his camera phone and sending them off to his girlfriend
while he was driving the train. Of course, the trains do pretty much run
themselves, but the drivers are still expected to be paying close attention to
what's happening - and not to the pretty scenery. On a side note, it appears the
reason he was caught was because his girlfriend was married (to someone else,
obviously), and the husband  turned in the photos. Yet another example of
cheating spouses http://www.techdirt.com/news/wireless/article/2706 found out
via phone messaging.

www.techdirt.com

====================================================================================

Bullet train driver caught snapping

A Japanese bullet train driver has been questioned for taking photographs with
his mobile phone and sending them to his girlfriend while at the train's
controls.

The 42-year-old driver is reported to have sent her shots of Mount Fuji,
fireworks, passing trains and other rail-side scenery from his driving seat over
nearly two years, local reports said.

His company was alerted by the woman's husband, who found the emails.

Although the bullet train, or shinkansen, is equipped with an automatic control
system which regulates speed and stops the train at stations, drivers are
nevertheless meant to remain vigilant.

"This is behaviour unbecoming of a company employee, and we intend to deal with
this strictly after an investigation," the Central Japan Railway Company said in
a statement.

The man, who has not been named, sometimes sent his girlfriend dozens of emails
a day, according to the Tokyo Shimbun.
"I did it for a while, but not any more. Now that I think about it, it wasn't
very good," the driver told the paper.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/3279659.stm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/