Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Premiere Entertainment Productions completes buyout of Next Mobile Inc (Nextel)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:17:06 -0500

Can you figure out this double talk?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Premiere Entertainment Productions completes buyout of
Next Mobile Inc
By Zinnia B. Dela Peña
The Philippine Star 11/25/2003

Premiere Entertainment Productions Inc. has signed an agreement with
shareholders of Next Mobile Inc. for the acquisition of a controlling interest
in the telecommunications firm.

In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange yesterday, PEP said it had
entered into a memorandum of agreement with Top Mega Enterprises Ltd., Joycelink
Holdings Ltd., Gamboa Holdings Inc., Emerald Investments Inc., Foodcamp
Industries and Marketing Inc. for their purchase of PEP shares in exchange for a
97 percent stake in Next Mobile.

PEP will acquire a controlling stake in Nextmobile for P6.58 billion.

PEP said the subscription of shares will take place after both companies have
completed their respective capital restructuring. Nextmobile shareholders are
expected to control approximately 96.2 percent of PEP.

Nextmobile (formerly Nextel Communications Phils.  Inc.) is owned by a
consortium composed of Finnish, Swedish, American and Filipino entrepreneurs led
by Mel Velarde.

The acquisition of Nextmobile is in line with PEP’s diversification into the
telecommunications and information technology businesses to boost its income.

Preparatory to the acquisition, the board approved the change in its primary
purpose from entertainment to telecommunications.
In line with this, the company will undertake a capital restructuring aimed at
cleaning its balance sheet. The restructuring involves the reduction of its
authorized capital stock from P1 billion to P500 million and thereafter
increasing it to P7 billion through the acquisition of a controlling interest in
Nextmobile in exchange for shares of stock.

In light of the continued slowdown in the movie-making industry since 1999, PEP
had shut down its film production operations as well as its bingo activities and
instead concentrated on roving cinema and film distribution businesses.

Nextmobile is similarly undergoing a major restructuring and will be
concentrating on services different from what Nextel Philippines had focused on,
which was in the area of trunked radio, pager and mobile phone services.

The company earlier launched its wireless Internet service, Nextel Online, which
enables its users to surf the Internet as well as send and receive an e-mail
through their handsets.

US-based Nextel International Inc., the parent firm of Nextel Phils., now has
minimal ownership in the local company with Filipinos owning majority of the new
firm.

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/News200311250704.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/