Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Lifespan of Public Safety Radios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:44:33 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Lifespan of Public Safety Radios

The following new message has been posted on APCO Exchange Forum at 
<http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi>. 

*************************************************************************** 

  MESSAGE:  (#2185) Re: Lifespan of Public Safety Radios 
            <http://www.apco911.org/theexchange/index.cgi?rev=2185> 
  AUTHOR:   Jason Swift 
  DATE:     Wednesday, 5 November 2003, at 10:36 a.m. 

  Reply To: (#2143) Re: Lifespan of Public Safety Radios 
  Author:   Stephen Verbil 
  Date:     Sunday, 26 October 2003, at 11:45 a.m. 

Steve, 
This isn't really about a bid or, an RFP. Before we went to our new
system, now four years old, we had officers in the field with 16 year old
radios. 

Obviously a 16 year old Motorola HT440 is none too reliable. I'm trying
to avoid ending up there again. Our comission still remembers the fiduciary
sting  caused by our radio system and so I'm looking to gradually implement
fleet  renewal here. Unfortunately everyone here says I've got a good idea,
but, they  want documentation that spells things out. The response has been, didn't
we  just buy new radios?
 
Regards, 
Jason Swift 

***************************************************************************

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/