Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Senior Product Manager Search - Santa Clara, business intelligence software]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:41:54 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
   From: Mercedes Chatfield Taylor <[email-masked]>
Subject: Senior Product Manager Search - Santa Clara, business
         intelligence software

iCOM Consultants, Inc., is pleased to announce a recently retained
search for a Senior Product Manager.  Our client is based in the Santa
Clara and is a leading provider of business intelligence / analytics
solutions.

Job Summary
This member of the marketing team will define and bring to market new
business analytics software offerings aimed primarily, but not
exclusively at the retail and financial services sectors.  Key
deliverables include:

1. Focused primary and secondary research revealing stated and unstated
customer needs in this growing sector
2. Detailed product specifications and Market Requirements Documents
3. Business justifications and pricing models to support the company's
overall revenue plan
4. High impact, low cost product launch plans and execution
5. Effective sales tools, collateral and sales training

Essential Functions
Define the market opportunity, customer requirement and product
strategies with input from customers, sales, market research,
competitive analysis and others. Work with customers, sales, engineering
and manufacturing to achieve product goals and deliver compelling
solutions to market on schedule. Prioritize various product initiatives
with business justification. Drive product reviews with senior
management; provide regular updates, business analysis, justification
and recommendations to executive management as needed. Support marketing
in developing comprehensive launch plans, including creating product
positioning messages, pricing, forecasting, marketing programs and
promotions. Provide comprehensive competitive analysis to senior
management, sales, and engineering to drive both strategic and tactical
response. Provide sales support for deals and contribute to customer
wins. Create sales tools such as presentations, white papers etc. Drive
sales and technical training's.

Requirements
5-7+ years experience in developing and/or marketing enterprise software
solutions, out of which 2-3 years must be in product management,
marketing or product development.

Prior product management experience in a field related to web analytics,
CRM, or business intelligence is required.

Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams, working with
engineering and driving the product through the product life cycle.

Proven track record of delivering high quality products on schedule.
Strong leadership, organization, analytical, interpersonal and
communication skills are required.

Education
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Math is required and
an MBA is desirable.

Reporting relationships:  Reports to VP Marketing.

COMPENSATION PACKAGE
Compensation will consist of the following:

1. A cash compensation package typical of a venture backed technology
company, consisting of a competitive base salary in the low six-figure
range and a substantial equity component.

2. The personal reward associated with playing a pivotal role in the
creation of an innovative eBusiness organization.

* * * * *

For more information about iCOM Consultants, Inc., a retained executive
search firm specializing in marketing, sales & business development
search for emerging technology companies please visit our web site at:
http://www.icomconsultants.com/

For more information on this opportunity, or to refer candidates, please
contact Mercedes Chatfield-Taylor via [email-masked]