Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJohnson Named as Public Safety Communications Supplier to Western States Contracting Alliance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:51:39 -0500

EFJohnson Named as Public Safety Communications Supplier to Western States
Contracting Alliance

WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EFJ, Inc.  (OTC Bulletin Board:
EFJI) announced that its subsidiary, EFJohnson Company (EFJohnson), has been
named as a supplier of public safety communications equipment by the Western
States Contracting Alliance (WSCA).  The WSCA contract vehicle, which has an
initial term of three years with optional extensions not to exceed ten years
total and has a possible total value of $500 million to all suppliers, is for
EFJohnson's software programmable 5100 series portable and 5300 series mobile
radios. EFJohnson is one of three named land mobile radio suppliers on the
contract vehicle, which initially covers 15 member states with provisions for
the WSCA Directors to approve expansion to include other states.

"We are pleased that WSCA has recognized EFJohnson as a quality supplier of
Project 25 public safety communications equipment with our 5100 series portable
and 5300 series mobile radios," said Michael E. Jalbert, EFJ, Inc.  chairman and
chief executive officer.  "One objective of the WSCA contract is to increase
interoperability among the member states and we look forward to supporting that
effort.  We are also excited to have the ability to assist the numerous agencies
across those states in performing their vital day-to-day missions."

"The EFJohnson equipment went through extensive testing and review by the APCO
Project 25 Standards Board that included Don Pfohl of the Oregon State Police
and Bill DeCamp of Northern California APCO, among others," commented Guy
Cranor, State Procurement Officer for Washington State, the lead state of WSCA.
"In a separate WSCA evaluation, the radios meet all required specifications.  We
looked at the product first, before considering price and always kept our eye on
the highest standards for public safety communications equipment.  EFJohnson
provided us with a quality product at a competitive digital radio price."

Celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2003, EFJohnson provides digital Project 25
compliant interoperable wireless communications systems solutions for federal,
state and local agencies involved with homeland security and public safety.
EFJohnson was one of the first developers of wireless communications products to
be fully compliant with federal government interoperability specifications.  The
company designs, manufactures and markets conventional and trunked radio
systems, land mobile radio repeaters and mobile and portable radios.  For more
information, visit http://www.efjohnson.com.
EFJ, Inc. is the holding company of industry-leading wireless telecommunications
equipment and solutions businesses.  EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson Company,
one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile communications products
compliant with federal government interoperability standards, and Transcrypt
International, a leader in secure voice communication solutions.  2003 marks the
80th anniversary of EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt
International.  EFJ, Inc. has a team in place with experience in
telecommunications and government sales. EFJohnson and Transcrypt International
are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc.  For more information, visit
http://www.efji.com.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-19-2003/0002061572&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/