Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Another Nokia phone explodes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:14:24 -0500

Another Nokia phone explodes

A third party battery is being suspected in another case of a Nokia
exploding phone. A Thailand company executive said that his Nokia 3310
exploded, scattering srapnal over a 3 metre radius. The phone was in a
leather case which would have contained some of the blast.

"I was using a remote control to open the front gate. As the gate was
closing behind me, I took my mobile phone from my belt, thinking that
the battery had run down", Wichai Thongwiangchan, owner of the explosive
handset told The Nation newspaper.

Wichai said that he suspected the battery as he had purchased it from a
discount dealer in Bangkok and paid far less than normal for a genuine
Nokia accessory.

Posted to the site on 03-Nov-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/I3w.vC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/