Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Restructuring Wireless Bureau

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:53:56 -0500

FCC Restructuring Wireless Bureau

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced that it is restructuring
its wireless bureau in an effort to sharpen its focus and management on
broadband deployment, spectrum management and homeland security. The FCC’s new
wireless bureau will include six new divisions that include auctions and
spectrum access, broadband, mobility, public safety and critical infrastructure,
spectrum and competition policy, and spectrum management resources and
technologies.
================================================================================================

FCC reorganizes wireless bureau
By EE Times
Nov 24, 2003 (10:31 AM)
URL: http://www.commsdesign.com/story/OEG20031124S0070

WASHINGTON — The Federal Communications Commission is reorganizing its wireless
bureau to sharpen its focus
on broadband deployment, spectrum management and homeland security.

The reorganized bureau will include six new divisions: auctions and spectrum
access; broadband; mobility; public
safety and critical infrastructure; spectrum and competition policy; and
spectrum management resources and
technologies.

“This reorganization provides the Wireless Bureau with a structure to address
the dynamic challenges facing a
21st century regulatory agency,” John Muleta, chief of the FCC's Wireless
Bureau.

The agency said Monday (Nov. 24) the reorganization does not add or remove
functions from the bureau's
portfolio.

Separately, the FCC recently cleared wireless spectrum to encourage wireless
deployment in underserved and
rural areas.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/