Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Response from MURT Maker (Red light boxes)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:24:00 -0500

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From:	"Richard Marlar" <[email-masked]>
Date:	Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:25:19 -0800
Subject:	Response from MURT Maker (Red light boxes)

Hello,
My name is Tim Gow and I invented a product called the MIRT. This device
changes traffic signals from red to green in seconds.  You may have
picked up on the national and international coverage this week about my
product, however, the story has been very distorted.

Stories that have been done on my new invention this week alone:
CNN Paula Zahn (Thurs. night broadcast, Oct 30th)
AP wire service
Detroit news
ABC news
NBC news

and I have been interviewed live on over 50 radio stations in the last
several days.
The story here is about how the media has handled or in my strong
opinion mishandled this story.
A week ago I was contacted by a Detroit news paper reporter that said
she was interested in how well this device works.

She asked me several questions:

Does it work? How can it work when the competitors sell it for $1,000 or
more and my device costs under $500.00 and could she test it. I
responded that this is a controlled item and it is not available for
individuals to purchase or use. I then offered to send it to the Detroit
police dept. I sent a sample to the Sheriff in Michigan, and she wrote
her story. please follow links below that demonstrate the story and
stories that followed:

http://www.detnews.com/2003/technology/0310/26/a01-307303.htm

Gadget may wreak traffic havoc
Detroit News, MI - Oct 25, 2003

. The traffic light changer, called the MIRT for mobile infrared
transmitter, emits a beam with a 1,500-foot range to a receiver
installed at the
intersection

.MDOT wants tougher penalties on devices to control traffic lights

MLive.com (subscription), MI - 11 hours ago
. One version of the devices is known as a Mobile Infrared Transmitter,
or MIRT, which
can beam a signal to receivers installed in traffic lights and change
the

Red Light, Green Light...Green Light?
WSTM-TV, NY - 8 hours ago
. that. A device called the Mobile Infrared Transmitter (MIRT) can be
bought for just $300 on the Internet. So how does it work? You ...

Changing Lights
KAKE, KS - Oct 29, 2003
They are designed for emergency responders, but are apparently being
sold to the public on the internet. The brand name is Mirt.. a traffic
control device.
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
WISC, WI - Oct 29, 2003

. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
WDIV, MI - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and
giving rescue workers
like
.

Stoplight controller has police worried
Lansing State Journal, MI - Oct 26, 2003
. The traffic light changer, called the MIRT for mobile infrared
transmitter, emits
a beam with a 1,500-foot range to a receiver installed at the
intersection
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
WBAL Channel.com, MD - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
Channel4000.com, MN - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
WNBC, NY - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
KMGH, CO - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
WRAL.com, NC - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
KMBC, MO - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
ClickonSA.com, TX - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
WXii 12.com, NC - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
NBC5i.com, TX - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
WESH.com, FL - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.

Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
Local6.com, FL - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.
Device Allows Motorists To Control Stoplights
Carolina Channel.com, SC - Oct 28, 2003
. Just flip the switch and MIRT (which stands for mobile infrared
transmitter) beams
a signal, instantly changing traffic lights and giving rescue workers
like
.
and many more......

The problem with this news coverage is that the product called the MIRT
is not sold to the public. The sensational headlines that claim this are
not correct.

But, I would like you to be the judge of this fact, please see my web
site www.nostoplight.com or www.theMIRT.com (dealer site). I think that
anyone viewing this site would clearly understand that this item is not
marketed or sold to the public.

The real story is that I have invented a unique, live saving device that
is affordable for many cash strapped counties, cities and states to
purchase.

For information on the life saving abilities of this product please feel
free to review the Federal DOT web site
"http://www.benefitcost.its.dot.gov/its/benecost.nsf/ID/41CE961C99A140448
52
56B4900479FA7?OpenDocument&Flag=Country"  please browse this site to
find
many interesting and compelling statistics about this technology. Some
stats, "over a 14 year study in St, Paul, MN emergency accidents were
reduced by 71%" and "Houston Texas experienced a drop of 17% in response
time with this technology" wving rescue workers like
.
I have been contacted by NPR, AP wire and others to run this story,
during the pre-interview I state that we do not sell this device to the
public.  After I make this statement I am told they are not interested
in running the story. Yet, I believe there is a legitimate human
interest story to be told, for instance I have sent many MIRTs to
California this week to help the firefighters battle the huge fires they
have, only this technology could be sent in a day, and be used
immediately when received, because it does not require any installation.
The MIRT technology has no doubt saved lives, I feel good about this
fact and am proud of my accomplishments in introducing this technology.

The bottom line is that I feel I have been sabotaged by the media, I am
now faced with introducing a ground breaking cutting edge product to a
market that has been tainted by this very misleading media exposure. 
Thank you for the opportunity to tell my story, and I would hope that a
reporter would at the very least allow me the chance to explain what I
have and who it is and is not sold to.
Again Thank You,

Tim Gow
FAC of America
763-780-8780 ext 101
[email-masked]
Please feel free to contact me if you wish to run a story or would like
more information.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/