Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wristwatch phone turns your finger into an earpiece

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 08:24:26 -0500

Wristwatch phone turns your finger into an earpiece

PARIS (AFP)

A Japanese company has invented the world's first wristwatch phone which
works by transforming the user's finger into an earpiece, it was
reported.

The prototype gadget, Finger Whisper, consists of a wristband that
converts
digital signals into vibrations that are transmitted into the bones of
the
hand New Scientist says in next Saturday's issue.

The user puts his finger into his ear for the vibrations to be picked up
by
the eardrum, which then transcribes them back into sound signals for the
brain.

To talk, he or she simply speaks into a microphone on the wristband.

By touching forefinger to thumb, the user starts or ends a call, and
uses
voice recognition technology to dial the number. There is no keypad.

Japanese telecommunications giant NTT DoCoMo is developing the idea,
which
is the brainchild of a research engineer, Masaaki Fukumoto.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Sci_Tech/story_52961.asp

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/