Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies (ISART)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:40:48 -0500

6th ANNUAL ISART
INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
ON ADVANCED RADIO TECHNOLOGIES

2 - 4 March 2004

325 Broadway, Boulder, Colorado 80305 USA

OVERVIEW

The International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies (ISART) is a
forum created to explore the current state of the radio art and to identify
directions in which the technology may evolve. This year's technical program
will showcase geolocation technology. Topics to be discussed are:

-- Geolocation: advances in radio navigation, localization, direction
finding, Internet localization, and cellular and WLAN user tracking

-- Location-based Services: privacy, anonymity, policy, business models,
applications, E-911, public safety, security

-- Electromagnetics: propagation, antennas, direction finding, RF front ends

-- Radios: software defined radios, cognitive radios, RF software,
spectrally efficient systems

-- Spectrum: usage, policy, management, regulation, economics, cooperative
usage mechanisms

-- Telecommunications Development: improving digital access, wireless
broadband deployment, alternative communication networking in developing
countries, impact on economy

-- Wireless Networks: scaling to large networks, ad hoc networks, Internet
over wireless, convergence of WLANs and 3G, 4G

-- Public Safety: infrastructure planning and development, interagency
communication requirements, system compatibility and interoperability

Each session will end with a round table discussion where attendees and
speakers are encouraged to share their ideas and opinions.

Project SAFECOM:  SAFECOM has agreed to host a paper session and tutorial
focusing on public safety communications.
http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/isart/safecom/safecom_ISART_overview.pdf

Featured Speakers:

David Farber, Distinguished Career Professor of Computer Science and Public
Policy, Carnegie Mellon University, Former FCC Chief of Technology

Dr. Preston Marshall, Program Manager, Advanced Technology Office, Defense
Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)

Dr. Jens Zander, Center for Wireless Systems (Wireless@KTH), Royal Institute
of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden

SPONSORS

Institute for Telecommunication Sciences (ITS)  http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/

National Telecommunications and Information Adm. (NTIA)
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/

U.S. Department of Commerce, Boulder Laboratories  http://www.doc.gov/

National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)  http://www.nist.gov/

University of Colorado Dept of Interdisciplinary Telecommunications
http://itd.colorado.edu/welcome.htm

More infor: http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.php

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/