Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:05:56 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Monday, November 10, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Agere Systems Announces Industry's Smallest EDGE Chip Set
2) Motorola Agrees to Acquire Ultra-wideband Technology from
XtremeSpectrum
3) Azimuth Delivers Industry's First Wireless LAN Network Test Platform

---------------------------------------

1) Agere Systems Announces Industry's Smallest EDGE Chip Set

Agere Systems announced a new Class 10 EDGE wireless chip set that is 20
percent smaller than competitive offerings, delivering the industry's
smallest and fastest EDGE silicon solution for high-speed mobile phone
designs...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60946/793725

2) Motorola Agrees to Acquire Ultra-wideband Technology from
XtremeSpectrum

Motorola Inc. has signed an agreement to acquire the assets of
XtremeSpectrum, Inc., a pioneer of ultra-wideband (UWB) solutions for
multimedia connectivity. XtremeSpectrum's UWB solutions have already
been sampled to several leading consumer equipment manufacturers in
2003...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60947/793725

3) Azimuth Delivers Industry's First Wireless LAN Network Test Platform

Azimuth Systems has introduced the Azimuth W-Series 802.11 WLAN Test
Platform, the first platform that allows 802.11 networks to be tested as
dynamic, scalable systems in a laboratory. This enables companies to
establish consistent performance benchmarks that will help solve the
ambiguities of over the air testing and help to expedite the wide spread
adoption of 802.11...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60948/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) BlueVue Software
2) Site Master Cable and Antenna Analyzer
3) Regulatory and Technical Support

---------------------------------------

1) BlueVue Software

BlueVue Software is a Windows-based application that allows you to
easily manage your wireless data connections. Configure your modem
quickly and easily, and monitor the status of your modem connection on
the wireless network with BlueVue...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60949/793725

2) Site Master Cable and Antenna Analyzer

Covering the 625 MHz to 2500 MHz frequency band, the Site Master S251C
site management tool is designed to accurately locate and identify cable
and antenna system faults and conduct isolation and gain measurements.
This model is ideally suited for users working in cellular, PCS/GSM and
ISM applications. Downloadable product brochures and application notes
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60950/793725

3) Regulatory and Technical Support

RFI has a presence on key standards committees around the world and our
regulatory experts are actively involved at the earliest stages in
establishing standards. This gives you a unique insight into the future
development of international regulation, and a tangible competitive
advantage...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60951/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED BOOK
-------------------------------------

"Radio-Electronic Transmission Fundamentals"
By B. Whitfield Griffith, Jr.

This classic volume, one of the best textbooks of electromagnetic field
theory and RF circuits, is reprinted here for the first time since its
original publication in 1962. Hailed for its clear and concise
explanation of antenna, transmission lines and RF networks from the
perspective of electromagnetic field theory, this edition is highly
recommended for graduate students and engineers who deal with RF energy.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60952/793725

------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY RCR WIRELESS NEWS SUBSCRIPTION
------------------------------------------------------

For over 20 years RCR Wireless News has been a timely, authoritative,
indispensable source of news for the wireless community. Every week, RCR
delivers news of technology, new products, mergers, regulatory action,
financial news... and much more.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60953/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------

Thinking About Continuing Your Education?

Let us help you find the right school for you. Whether you would like to
get an Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree we can help
you pinpoint which schools to choose from. Answer a few basic questions
and we will match you up with the right schools that fit your needs and
send you free information about each.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60954/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/