Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motient to lose UPS as customer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:01:28 -0500

Motient to lose UPS as customer
By Mike Dano
November 04 13:02:00, 2003

Wireless data carrier Motient Corp. warned in Security and Exchange
filings that it will soon lose its largest customer, UPS. Motient said
it plans to counteract the loss by further lowering its network costs,
beefing up its resale agreements with Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile USA
Inc., and working to expand its telemetry business.

Motient said UPS is moving on to other next-generation wireless network
technologies, leaving behind Motient’s slower-speed wireless data
network. Motient said UPS prepaid for its network usage through next
year, and Motient said it may not see any additional revenues from the
shipping giant.

Thanks to its new $12.5 million line of credit announced in January,
Motient said it expects to have enough funds to reach break even in the
fourth quarter of next year. Previously, Motient said it expected to
reach break even in the early part of next year.

In its SEC filing, Motient also said it is working with the SEC to
restate some of its earnings for 2000 and 2001. The company said it has
$3.6 million of cash on hand and has so far claimed $4.5 million of its
$12.5 million credit facility.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15775

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/