Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon buying SoLinc?

From: "Bulldog" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:36:59 -0000

Note sure of the validity but someone made the assertion at 
www.enyo.net  Thought I'd check here for clarification.

Anyone heard anything?  Supposedly there's a meeting in 'bama on it 
this week. ~Dawg

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:47:48 -0500

Interesting.  There's been some small talk of SoLink selling.  Interesting
that they both offer PTT.

Todd Ellis

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:41:03 -0000

> that they both offer PTT.

This has to be a poor joke. VZW just spent $1.5B to buy Price 
Communications, which covers GA, Ala, etc. and additional hundreds 
of millions to convert the property from TDMA to CDMA.

SoLinc was never intended to be standonly competitor. Southern 
Company, (ie. Ga Power, Ala Power) etc., need a communications 
system that works when the weather gets bad, and no commerical only 
carrier can provide the level of service demanded.

The only reason SoLinc has subs is to attempt to offset their own 
communications expense. A breakeven SoLinc operation is a huge win 
for the whole company.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->