Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SecurityFocus new honeypot article announcements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:29:41 -0500

1. Fighting Spammers With Honeypots: Part 1
By Laurent Oudot  Nov 26, 2003

This paper will evaluate the usefulness of using honeypots to fight
spammers on several fronts. Part one discusses the methods spammers use to
harvest addresses, maintain stealth and manipulate open mail relays on the
Internet. Then honeypots will be considered that create fake email
addresses to be harvested, identify and track spammers, and simulate open
proxies for spammers to use.
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1747

2. Fighting Spammers With Honeypots: Part 2
By Laurent Oudot  Nov 26, 2003

Part two continues the discussion of open proxies, describes creating fake
open mail relays with various honeypots, discusses architecture decisions,
and then provides some recent test results that proved very successful. A
honeypot can clearly be used to detect, slow and stop spam-related
activities while promoting a clean Internet -- but more people must pitch
in for them to truly make a difference.
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1748

3. Busting the Worm Writers
By Tim Mullen (SF columnist) Nov 24, 2003

Microsoft deserves praise for offering a cash reward to catch people who
criminally exploit their bugs.
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/199

-- Kelly Martin SecurityFocus [email-masked] +001-403-261-5468

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/