Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Compromise Preserves Elements of Nextel Spectrum Swap Plan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:45:01 -0500

Compromise Preserves Elements of Nextel Spectrum Swap Plan

Officials at the FCC are considering a proposal that for a Nextel
spectrum swap compromise that would reband the 800 MHz spectrum block
along the lines proposed by Nextel while giving the company some of the
additional spectrum it wanted, -- but not necessarily in the 1.9 GHz
band.

It is unlikely that FCC staff will soon reach a decision on the
compromise proposal. The complexity of the plan and the large number of
parties involved make early 2004 – perhaps in February – a more
probable, if not realistic, timeframe for a final decision by the
commissioners.

The wireless industry has staunchly opposed giving Nextel any spectrum
outside the 800 MHz band, and it is likely that a number of industry
players will take legal action in the event Nextel is awarded any 1.9
GHz spectrum.

Washington, D.C.-based investment advisor Legg Masonestimates a net
incremental value to Nextel of $1.7 billion to $3.1 billion, or $1.50 to
$2.80 per share, depending on the amount of spectrum and final
relocation funding levels required of Nextel.

http://www.telecomweb.com/news/1067893592.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/