Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: California Public Utilities Commission Hails Verizon's Service Quality

From: "Rodney Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 03:57:37 -0000

Pardon me, but is this message about Nextel?  I do not understand 
how this message affects Nextel users. I just started in this group 
and may be totally mislead, however as I scroll backward through the 
messages, it seems as though you have a lot to say about Verizon.

Are you pro-Verizon?

--- In [email-masked], "marcel_rf1" <Marcelrf@B...> wrote:
> Wow......VZ got a REAL compliment from a PUC rather than a paid 
one 
> from J.D. No-Power.
> 
> -- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> > California Public Utilities Commission Hails Verizon's Service 
> Quality

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/I3w.vC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 00:07:15 -0500

Rodney Cooper wrote:

> how this message affects Nextel users.

The message demonstrates differences how consumers are often mislead. Maybe
you missed the previous messages from J.D. No power.  Several weeks ago J.D.
No-power rated Nextel tops in Yada, Yada, Yada.......
Consumers hear reports from J.D. No-power almost everyday, but how many
really know how the results ae compiled?
Not many because the core data is only available to those who pay thousands
of dollars for their reports. So how can a consumer judge the the report?

Nextel is one of J.D. No-power's biggest customers spending big bucks each
year on their reports. J.D. claims that this has no effect on the outcome of
their surveys, however would Nextel continue to spend money year after year
on reports that rank them the lowest?

VZ's wireline rating from CPUC holds more creditability than a survey from
J.D No-Power, since it is based on federal measures that are recognized
industry standards and are published for all to see. CPUC collects data from
a wide segment of users.  JD's results are from a small segment of targeted
users and the data is not readily available to the public (readers must pay
for reports).

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

---

From: "Todd Ellis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:18:31 -0500

Rodney -

First off, I don't know that you might understand that Marcel is the
moderator of the group.  If he deems it noteworthy as moderator, he can talk
about anything he wishes.  As moderator of 220@yahoogroups, I have the same
ability.

Second of all, we have seen a lot of information from satcom to terrestrial
microwave to VHF low band discussions in this group.  Therefore, discussions
about competing carriers is definitely appropriate.  In addition, with folks
like Cingular vowing to line up and appeal ANY Commission decision, whether
it helps Cingular or not, means that many of us want to know what the other
carriers are up to.  Why not learn some competitive info on Verizon without
having to hunt around for a rah-rah presser?  Read it here!  Much easier for
the 2000+ members of this discussion group.

This group was actually founded to discuss Nextel stuff, but it has led to
so many other discussions about the wireless communications business.  

Todd Ellis

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodney Cooper [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: California Public Utilities Commission Hails
Verizon's Service Quality

Are you pro-Verizon?

one