Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ==>ROHN ANNOUNCES ASSET PURCHASE AGREEMENT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:26:36 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: ==>ROHN ANNOUNCES ASSET PURCHASE AGREEMENT

Rohn is the company putting up towers for Pa's 800 Mhz system.

Bob 
=================================================

Amateur Radio and telecommunications industry tower manufacturer ROHN
Industries <http://www.rohnnet.com/> has announced that it's entered into
an asset purchase agreement with SPX Corporation <http://www.spx.com/>, a
global, multi-industry company. ROHN filed September 16 for Chapter 11
(debtor-in-possession) relief in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern
District of Indiana. The deal will include ROHN subsidiaries that are
party to the bankruptcy proceeding.

"The asset purchase agreement provides for the sale of certain assets of
the company and the affected subsidiaries to SPX Corporation for the
amount of $5,450,000," ROHN said in a news release.

Through its Broadcast and Communication Systems and Services division, SPX
provides analog and digital TV and FM systems, high-frequency and
medium-frequency antennas, transmission lines, towers and radio frequency
filter systems for the broadcast market. SPX also is a major site
developer for the PCS/cellular industry.

The bankruptcy court must approve the ROHN-SPX agreement. ROHN filed an
amended motion with the court November 13 seeking the court's approval of
the asset sale and authority to sell the assets "after an opportunity is
provided for competitive bidding." A hearing to consider proposed bid
procedures is scheduled for November 25, and the bidding auction is set
for December 8. The bankruptcy court is to consider approval of the asset
sale December 9.

In addition to its other products and services, ROHN manufactures towers,
antenna support structures and "infrastructure equipment" for the
telecommunications industry. Horace Ward is ROHN's chief executive
officer. The company consolidated its manufacturing operations in
Frankfort, Indiana, earlier this year.

More information on the proposed deal with SPX is available on the ROHN
Industries Web site <http://www.rohnnet.com/> (click on "Press Releases").

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/