Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Space Data Ready To Fly

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:42:50 -0500

Space Data Ready To Fly 
By Susan Rush

November 20, 2003

With its licenses in place and field tests complete, Space Data Corp. (See
http://www.spacedata.net/explorer/index.html) says it is now ramping up for
production for its customers.

The company notes that it upped its ownership by 262.5 kHz to 1.7 MHz during a
recent FCC 900 MHz band spectrum auction, making it the owner of more than half
of the total available spectrum for narrowband PCS use.

Space Data plans to use the spectrum to deliver its SkySite-based telemetry
service, which uses communications electronics attached to industrial-grade
balloons to create SkySite platforms. 

The platforms then deliver "dependable, strong, clear, two-way signals over
hundreds of miles," Space Data says. The technology is similar to that used in
weather balloons that are designed to beam down atmospheric data to weather
stations. The service is geared toward delivering wireless services to remote
areas of the United States where wireless towers do not reach.

In April, Space Data secured half the available licensees for narrowband PCS
spectrum. To obtain the licenses, Space Data partnered with Native American
tribal governments to earn bidding credits in a FCC auction. 

Space Data did not disclose how much it paid for its latest chunk of spectrum.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=128636&verticalid=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=&text=space

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/