Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: More on Nextel filings with FCC on 'Consensus Plan'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:09:36 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
   From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: More on Nextel filings with FCC on 'Consensus Plan'

 In a message dated 11/24/2003 11:24:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email-masked] writes:

     First off, his comment about "alternative proposals do not provide a
     clear guide to rights and responsibilities of solving interference" is

     heavily flawed. There are plenty of laws on the books about resolving
     interference, all of them coming down to the entity causing the
     interference must remedy it. No exceptions.

Really?  Might you provide citations for such laws?  The fact of the matter is
that, in this specific case, the laws "presenting on the books" provide
virtually zero help.  In fact, as I've suggested to you before (and as I
presented at IWCE last year, during which time UTC and Southern's in-house
counsels did not disagree with me) there is an excellent argument that Nextel
and the cellular companies are NOT causing interfererence at all............ by
the CURRENT rules. I'm actually amused by people getting bent out of shape by
the economic evaluation presented by Nextel.  Amused, because the same criticism
was not heaped on the economic evaluation presented by the cellular folks, which
this was obviously designed to respond to.  For my part (and slightly alluding
to Jack D's earlier post), I tend to take each of these analysis just as I would
any expert testimony, with a grain of salt.  Each expert's evidence, no matter
what the case, needs to be reviewed and considered, and given the appropriate
weight depending on the circumstances.  In this case, I believe that a thorough
review (as opposed to the knee jerk reactions of some) of each analysis brings
up some very relevant points (that is, if you believe an economic analysis is
necessary or appropriate at all here). Alan Tilles

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/