Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Sprint Readies PTT Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:29:30 -0500

Sprint Readies PTT Service
Contributed by derek on Tues, Nov 11 2003

Sprint PCS is putting the finishing touches on it's PTT service, called Ready
Link, which will be launched sometime this month. Sprint will be slightly
cheaper than Verizon, with the cheapest plan at $50 for unlimited PTT and 300
anytime minutes. Sprint has made some claims that their service will be faster
than Verizon's, and almost as good as Nextel's. How can Sprint back up these
claims using the same Winphoria solution as Verizon? Are they doing something
differently? Are they a secret licensee of the QChat technology controlled by
Nextel in the US? Well, we're not sure. It could be the claims are just
marketing largesse, or there could be a surprise vendor like QChat. There are
actually some reasons to suspect this, but I still make it a long shot, say 15%
probability.

www.techdirt.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/