Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Valley closes new funding

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:39:17 -0500

Wireless Valley closes new funding
November 10 12:58:00, 2003

Austin, Texas—Wireless Valley Communications Inc. said it has closed a
new round of equity financing from several
strategic investors, including former Dell executives Thomas Meredith
and John Kinnaird and former Microsoft executive,
Mike Maples.

The company also appointed Meredith and Roger Skidmore, current Wireless
Valley president, to its board of directors.
Maples and Kinnaird will serve as members of a newly formed business
advisory board.

“We are on track for a record year in both terms of revenue growth and
profitability, and now with the addition of Tom,
Mike and John, we have three tremendous new partners who all played
major roles in the growth and creation of two of
the most successful technology companies in history,” said Theodore
Rappaport, an electrical engineering professor at
the University of Texas at Austin, and founder, chairman and chief
executive officer of Wireless Valley.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=15849