Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Executive at Nextel's Boost Mobile Unit Quits

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:36:00 -0000

Nobody told this guy, "this is how business gets DONE!!!"

Just wait till Daytona, the NASCAR good ole boys have no idea who 
they're gotten in bed with. Nextel is a $10B business and NASCAR is 
only about $2B, now who do you think will wear the pants? I say, let 
the sparks begin!!!

Executive at Nextel's Boost Mobile Unit Quits
By TSC Staff
11/24/2003 09:29 AM EST
URL: http://www.thestreet.com/markets/marketfeatures/10128374.html

Nextel Communications (NXTL:Nasdaq) on Monday lost a top executive 
in what appeared to be a bitter contract dispute.

Peter Adderton, 36, the head of the company's youth-oriented Boost 
Mobile unit, which sells Nextel calling plans, features and cell 
phones designed specifically for young consumers, quit on Sunday. 
Nextel acquired a majority stake in the Australian company in 2002 
and took full control earlier this year.

In a press release Monday, Adderton said: "When Nextel bought our 
company, it was made clear to me that Boost would continue to 
operate independently and that our job was to build a brand that 
could dominate the youth wireless market. Instead, they're trying to 
turn us into Nextel in jeans. Every day, Nextel reins us in a little 
more and makes us increasingly corporate. That's completely 
incompatible with what we're trying to accomplish."

There was no comment from Reston, Va.-based Nextel. It shares were 
up 10 cents, or 0.4%, to $23.11 in premarket trading.

Adderton founded Boost in 1999. It remains an independent company in 
Australia and New Zealand.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/