Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Conduct of WorldCom Class Action Law Firm Comes Under Fire

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:13:35 -0500

11/24/03
Conduct of WorldCom Class Action Law Firm Comes Under Fire
(Remeber last week Timmy was in conversation with World Com.......Hmmmmm)

A federal judge overseeing the consolidated securities class action lawsuit
stemming from accounting fraud at the former WorldCom Inc. [OTC: WCPMQ] has
harshly chided the law firm of Milberg Weiss Bershad Hynes & Lerach for
purportedly urging members of the class action to opt out and pursue separate
lawsuits led by the firm.

In issuing the ruling, federal Judge Denise Cote said Milberg Wiess engaged in
"an active campaign to encourage pension funds not to participate in the class
action and instead to file individual actions with [the law firm] as their
counsel." She said the firm was "running the coordinated individual actions much
as a de facto class action."

Cote found that Milberg Weiss' campaign to sign up plaintiffs "resulted in some
confusion and misunderstanding of the options available to the putative class
members." She asked attorney John Coffey of Bernstein Litowitz Berger &
Grossman, lead plaintiff's counsel in the consolidated class action, to draft a
curative notice to be sent to all members of the class, as well as a separate
notice to be sent to each plaintiff that filed an individual action.

(www.telecomweb.com)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/