Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Edge Wireless Test Kit

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:37:45 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2003/6113.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Deal
of the Week

Motorola A920 on 3

Now
from Free

Just £35 p.m.

Free
3G Newsletter

Buy
3G Phones

Visit
3G Forum

Networks
Analyzer

Generation
UMTS

Gadgets

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
HOME

New
Edge Wireless Test Kit

19th
November, 2003

US
: Seven.Five™ for EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution),
from Comarco, Inc. (NASDAQ: CMRO) Wireless Test Solutions, is the first
comprehensive drive-test and in-building test system for the EDGE cellular
environment, offering global voice and data quality testing using the
Nokia 6200 and 6220 EDGE handsets. Seven.Five for EDGE combines an integrated
multi-band RF scanning receiver with complete voice, data and video
Quality of Service (QoS) tests. These fully-integrated features make
Seven.Five for EDGE the only tool that can measure QoS from the perspective
of the wireless subscriber while providing the root cause for any QoS
problems.

Launched
by Comarco through its Wireless Test Solutions (WTS) group, in partnership
with SwissQual AG of Zuchwil, Switzerland, Seven.Five for EDGE will
be used by infrastructure providers and cellular carriers worldwide,
speeding network deployment and optimization, as well as benchmarking
of the EDGE wireless infrastructure.

EDGE
is the Next Step for GSM

EDGE is a GSM (Global System for Mobile communications) evolution that
is being deployed in the US, Europe and the Far East. The first commercial
products (like the Nokia 6200 and 6220) enable voice and data traffic
at a speed of up to 118 kbits/s. The maximum data speed of EDGE technology
is 473 kbits/s. EDGE enables an average of 3 times faster data rates
than GPRS (General Packet Radio Services) using the existing bands of
850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz.

EDGE
is Rapidly Being Deployed Globally

EDGE is rapidly being deployed by carriers globally because of its relatively
low cost and time to deploy.

“Innovative
real-time screens in Seven.Five for EDGE allow carriers to get down
to the detail of EDGE data performance,” says Greg Maton, senior
vice president of Comarco. “The EDGE-specific monitors have been
designed to provide the user a complete and thorough picture at a glance
of relevant EDGE parameters at any instant, thereby greatly increasing
efficiency in solving real world, real time EDGE-related issues.”

Seven.Five
for EDGE is fully compatible with Comarco’s proprietary voice
algorithms and its full complement of data tests, including MMS (Multimedia
Messaging Service) and WAP (Wireless Application Protocol).

Seven.Five
for EDGE

Seven.Five for EDGE is a member of the Seven.Five test family. The test
family is a mobile test platform that is adaptable to virtually any
test application. It provides wireless infrastructure analysis, benchmarking
and optimization for 2G, 2.5G and 3G network deployments.

The
Seven.Five family consists of the following five members:

· Seven.Five for EDGE Solo: Ideally suited for network deployment
activities, Solo is the only single Calling Module product available
with a family of audio and data QoS algorithms. It’s the perfect
entry-level product, capable of seamless migration to the Seven.Five
Duo.

·
Seven.Five for EDGE Duo: As networks mature, the power of a Calling
Module plus a scanner is necessary to quickly and efficiently optimize
them. Duo supports up to two Calling Modules, which can have mixed technologies,
and one Multi-Band, Multi- Technology RF Scanner. A Portability Kit
is available for in-building needs.

·
Seven.Five for EDGE Multi: Designed for ultimate flexibility and scalability,
Seven.Five for EDGE Multi can house up to any combination of six Calling
Modules or Scanners in each chassis. Multiple chassis can be combined
to allow for up to 96 Calling Modules. The customer can mix and match
technologies for benchmarking applications or configure a system with
similar technologies for optimization activities. Multi does it all,
and is also available with a Portability Kit for in-building and pedestrian
testing needs.

·
Seven.Five for EDGE Multi-Band, Multi-Technology RF Scanner: The most
advanced and accurate scanner for field-test applications. Capable of
lightning-fast scans (over 3000 channels per second) in multiple frequency
bands, with multiple technologies, doing DVCC, BSIC and PN decoding
simultaneously. The scanner offers spectrum analyzer-type measurements
and full baseband decoding for UMTS, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, EDGE, IS-136,
CDMA2000, CDMA2000-1X and WCDMA.

·
Seven.Five for EDGE Data Extractor (DX): A very complete and easy-to-use
software application that allows operators to produce comprehensive
benchmarking reports, as well as perform desktop network optimization
using all of the data collected by the Seven.Five hardware. The Data
Interface includes a variety of features for data administration, filtering
capability, analysis, statistics, integrated mapping and generation
of reports, as well as an interface (ODBC) for third-party software.

Pricing
for Seven.Five for EDGE starts at around $15,000. Availability is six
to eight weeks from receipt of order.

NEC
e606 Phone Review
: Read
MORE

Free
3G Phones

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

New
Edge Wireless Test Kit

Seven.Five
for EDGE from Comarco is the first comprehensive drive-test and in-building
test system for the EDGE cellular environment

3G
Wireless and Wi-Fi Hook Up

In
Motion Technology and Lucent Technologies announced an agreement to provide
wireless service providers with a solution that integrates 3G mobile networks
and Wi-Fi networks.

NEC
Displays WAP Wireless Phones

Four
camera phones will be on display, including the brand new e232 and e530
handsets which are poised for launch. The current e525 will also be displayed
and a model of the next in the series, the e535.

Java
Video Software for 3GPP

Written
in pure Java, the software does not require a plug-in or download installation.
It supports 3GPP file formats and decodes both MPEG-4 and H.263 video.

Advanced
MMS Wireless Interoperability

By
committing to follow the same MMS standards specification and implementation
paths these operators will ensure international roaming and interworking
between networks to allow the transfer of messages on a national and international
scale.

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>