Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Driving Brand and Results Through Sports Marketing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:07:55 -0500

Driving Brand and Results Through Sports Marketing

American Marketing Association Presents
Speaker Series at Nextel Headquarters
Speaker:	Mark Schweitzer, Senior Vice President,
Marketing for Nextel Communications
Date:	November 12, 2003
Time:	Networking 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm & Presentation 7:30
pm - 8:	30 pm

Location: Nextel's Center of Excellence, 2003 Edmund Halley Dr.,
Reston,

VA 20191
Cost:      $25 AMA Members; $45 Non-members; $40 ITSMA Members;
$15 Students  (an additional $10 will be added for
registrations after November 11)

Nextel Communications' focused and differentiated marketing strategy has made it
one of the country's most successful companies in the highly competitive
wireless industry. Set to take over the entitlement of the NASCAR Winston Cup
Series next year (NASCAR Nextel Cup Series), Nextel looks forward to sharing its
expansive sports marketing strategy and case studies with the Washington AMA
members. Mark Schweitzer, Sr. VP of Marketing for Nextel, will discuss how to
utilize sports marketing national partnerships, grass roots promotions and local
activation programs to generate brand exposure and differentiate products.
The meeting will be held in Nextel's Center of Excellence within its corporate
headquarters in Reston, VA. During the networking hour, you will be able to
browse through the interactive exhibits that showcase Nextel's innovative
product, services and applications.  Following the presentation, Nextel will
raffle off give-aways and Washington Capitals NHL tickets. The Washington
Wizards is the event sponsor and will also give away tickets to a Washington
Wizards NBA basketball game. It should be a fun and educational night -- we hope
to see you there.
Speaker Biography
As senior vice president, marketing for Nextel Communications, Mr.  Schweitzer
is responsible for the development and execution of Nextel's national marketing
strategy. Prior to his promotion to senior vice president in April 2003, Mr.
Schweitzer served as vice president marketing where he successfully established
Nextel as a major telecommunications brand through the company's innovative
marketing campaigns and effective use of advertising. He has more than 20 years
of telecommunications marketing experience, having held numerous marketing
management positions at Sprint, MCI and British Telecom. Mr. Schweitzer
graduated in 1981 with a Bachelor of Arts from Colgate University.
CONTACT: Elvis Oxley of the American Marketing Association - DC Chapter,
+1-703-668-3582.

SOURCE  American Marketing Association - DC Chapter
-0-                             11/11/2003 P
/PRNewswire -- Nov. 11/
/Web site: http://www.amadc.marketingpower.com /

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/