Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Economic and Social Benefits of Broadband White Paper

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:27:04 -0500

Economic and Social Benefits of Broadband  White Paper

TIA released its latest white paper, "The Economic and Social Benefits of
Broadband Deployment,” on October 8 at a press conference announcing TIA’s new
five-point strategy for stimulating the telecom recovery. The paper details the
economic benefits of broadband, as well as many applications that benefit from
employing broadband. The paper also addresses the necessity for a positive,
reinforcing regulatory environment that will provide companies with the
assurances and predictability they need to make significant broadband
investments.

The economic benefits of broadband make a compelling case for greater
deployment. Several studies in recent years cite the potential gains in U.S.
gross domestic product, added jobs and cost savings resulting from increased
efficiencies and sales of related equipment. Moreover, broadband deployment has
the potential to accelerate growth in the goods and services sectors relating to
the broadband industry – by as much as $500 billion in the next 10 years.
The paper also contains numerous examples of areas all across the United States
and the world that show how broadband has been deployed and the successes that
have resulted from those deployments. Cities and counties from Washington State
to Virginia and countries from Australia to Canada are experiencing the benefits
firsthand.

The applications highlighted in the paper include telemedicine, teleworking,
e-government, public safety, national security and benefits for persons with
disabilities, among others. Each section includes not only a description of how
broadband can facilitate each application, but also anecdotal evidence of cities
throughout the United States and the world that show how broadband has
facilitated the growth of each application.

See Attachment:

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/