Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Double Talk Timmy- And Public Safety Thinks He will Keep His Word? Wake-Up!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:11:49 -0500

Double Talk Timmy- And Public Safety Thinks He will Keep His Word? Wake-Up!
Boost founder leaves claiming broken promises
By Dan Meyer
November 24 12:08:00, 2003

Citing disagreements over strategy, direction and claims that Nextel
Communications Inc. failed to keep a promise made to him, Peter Adderton, Boost
Mobile L.L.C. founder and chief executive officer, has left the youth-oriented
Boost Mobile prepaid joint venture, which both companies launched last year.
Adderton, who founded Boost in Australia in 1999, said he told Nextel CEO Tim
Donahue during a meeting Sunday that he “believes the company and several senior
officials have failed to live up to promises made when Nextel completed its
purchase of Boost this past August.”

“When Nextel bought our company, it was made clear to me that Boost would
continue to operate independently and that our job was to build a brand that
could dominate the youth wireless market,” Adderton said. “Instead, they’re
trying to turn us into Nextel in jeans. Every day, Nextel reins us in a little
more and makes us increasingly corporate.  That’s completely incompatible with
what we’re trying to accomplish.”

Adderton cited a number of operational issues, including the failure to expand
the offering from the original California and Nevada markets to a nationwide
offering, and added “I just want to take Boost back and run it myself in the way
I know will work.”

Analysts have noted Nextel has played the Boost offering conservatively in an
attempt to mitigate any potential operational drawbacks the prepaid services
could have on its balance sheet, including higher churn and lower average
revenue per user. Nextel recently reported it had signed up more than 250,000
Boost customers at the end of the third quarter, and it was still studying plans
to expand the offering to additional markets.
http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=16031

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/