Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Here are some interesting comments from Mike Mosco on Nextel interference.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:26:57 -0500

Here are some interesting comments from Sergeant Mike Mosco of the Denver Police
Department on Nextel interference.
Mike Mosco also serves on the Board of The Denver Police Protective Assocaition.

Mike Mosco Bio:

Mike Mosco has been on the Denver Police Department since 1988. After graduating
from the Academy, he was one of several officers who were rotated throughout the
city, working in every District. He finally ended in District 1. While there, he
was promoted to Field Training Officer, and worked that position for eight
years.
In August of 2001, Mike was promoted to Sergeant and is currently assigned to
District 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message by: Mike Mosco on 08/22/2003 4:48:27 PM
Grunt,

You may or may not know me. But you must know I will never give up a name.
Regardless of who it is. If someone asks to talk to me in confidence then so be
it. On an average I talk to 30- 40 officers a day. And I can say only one, who
was quoted in the RMN,has applauded our Chief. Yes our Chief has done some good
things the PPA board is not all doom and gloom. Now I digress isn't this entire
flurry of postings about a letter leaked to the press that was to be covered by
a confidentiality agreement that never mentions a slow down of any kind? Perhaps
those "close to the investigation" have again succeded in re-directing the real
focus away from the real problem.

Strange how that works. Now for the good things we all have radios that do not
work because of nextel interference, but we were also issued nextel phones and
the City is in a legal battle with Nextel as are other Cities over this very
issue, we all have packs in case of an emergency WHAT?

Yes, we have tasers, but batteries are rationed as if they are gold as are the
disc's for digital camera's, we have computers in the cars, we have fewer
officers on the job not to mention the street, we have short seven training some
of it very good some of it why bother so I will give that one to you, we have
better one way communication again you get the point. Actually, I am done. I
hope this has opened the eyes of our supporters and others and I think it has.
Unless asked a question I am going to sit back and take this all in. Ranger,
have at it. It is clear from the start what your intentions are you are as
destructive as you accuse us of being I am glad you seem to have all the answers
but sit on the sidelines and offer guest commentary. If the PPA is bad why have
you continued your membership? Could it be there is something $ waiting for you?
Ah, now I am talking.

Mike Mosco
http://www.dppa.com/messageboard/Display_Topic_Threads.asp?forumid=19&topicid=165

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------