Subject: [NEXTEL-1] US report on telecoms penetration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 02:29:31 -0500

US report on telecoms penetration

The US telecoms regulator, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
has released its latest report on telephone subscribership levels in the
United States. The report presents subscribership statistics based on
the Current Population Survey (CPS) conducted by the Census Bureau in
March 2003. Statistics from that survey estimated that 95.5% of all
households in the United States had telephone service. The report also
shows subscribership levels by state, income level, race, age, household
size, and employment status.

The report says that by March 2003, the telephone subscribership
penetration rate in the USA was 95.5%. It is up 0.2% from the last
report, for November 2002. The telephone penetration rate was 80.5% for
households with annual incomes below US$5,000, while the rate for
households with incomes over US$75,000 was 99.3%.

By state, the penetration rates ranged from a low of 90.5% in Alabama to
a high of 98.5% in Maryland.

Households headed by whites had a penetration rate of 96.2%, while those
headed by blacks had a rate of 91.0% and those headed by Hispanics had a
rate of 92.3%.

By age, penetration rates ranged from 90.4% for households headed by a
person under 25 to 97.3% for households headed by a person between 60
and 64.

Households with one person had a penetration rate of 92.6%, compared to
a rate of 97.0% for households with four or five persons.

The penetration rate for unemployed adults was 92.5%, while the rate for
employed adults was 96.7%.

Posted to the site on 05-Nov-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/I3w.vC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/