Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Mark Bisnow Re-Launches Daily Business Interview Series, 'Bisnow on Business,' on the Internet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:16:49 -0500

Mark Bisnow Re-Launches Daily Business Interview Series, 'Bisnow on
Business,' on the Internet

VIENNA, Va., Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The Potomac Officers Club, a non-
profit membership organization designed exclusively for the area's top
business executives, announced today that its Vice Chairman Mark Bisnow
has
re-launched his well-known interview series, "Bisnow on Business," on
the
Internet.

The interview series is featured on a website, http://www.bisnow.com,
with content changing everyday, spotlighting the most interesting
national and local business issues of the day, via streaming audio
interviews with the top policymakers, politicians, and business leaders
involved in them.  The series will be heavily promoted on Washington
area radio, with new ads each day explaining what the daily subject and
interviews are.  From 1997 to 2002, Bisnow conducted interviews with
over 400 CEOs and other business leaders of the Washington region,
running "Bisnow on Business" spots on several Washington area radio
stations.  His new venture will focus less on showcasing individuals and
companies and more on important issues as articulated by their
best-known advocates and critics.  Examples of national issues to be
taken up at Bisnow.com in the near future include an interview with the
FTC Chairman about why he doesn't want to create an anti-spam registry
for the Internet like the Do Not Call List he pioneered; FCC media
ownership rules; former CEA chairmen's predictions for the economy;
Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac regulation; how Arnold is going to fix
California, etc.  Bisnow has been active this year in the leadership of
the Potomac Officers Club and has been instrumental in arranging
nationally prominent speakers on a monthly basis for Club meetings.
Recent POC speakers have included telecom legend Craig McCaw, Senator
John Edwards, former Lockheed Martin CEO Norm Augustine, former Worldcom
CEO John Sidgmore, and former Nextel CEO Dan Akerson, as well as
upcoming speakers such as Carlyle Group founder David Rubenstein, Fannie
Mae CEO Franklin Raines, Capital One co-founder Nigel Morris, and George
Washington University President Steve Trachtenberg.  Bisnow.com offers
an email sign up for daily notification of that day's topic and
interviewee.  Bisnow also writes a column on local business doings for
the semi-monthly POC newsletter.

About Mark Bisnow:
Mark Bisnow served from 2001 to October 2003 as Senior Vice President of
webMethods, Inc., heading worldwide marketing and then government
business.  From 1998 to 2001, he served as Chief of Staff and later as
Head of Business Development and Communications for MicroStrategy, Inc.
Previously he served as Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and
Corporate Secretary of Atlantic Coast Airlines; Counsel to Senate
Majority Leader Bob Dole; an attorney at Latham & Watkins;
Communications Director of the Congressional Joint Economic Committee;
Press Secretary to 1980 presidential candidate John B. Anderson; and
Legislative Assistant to Senator John Heinz.

During the past two years, Bisnow has been extremely active in civic and
philanthropic roles: He has served as Chairman of the Washington
Business Hall of Fame; Chairman of the American Heart Association's
annual Washington area dinner; Chairman of the Northern Virginia
Technology Council's e-Business Committee; Chairman of the Business
Partnership Advisory Committee of George Washington University; Vice
Chairman of the Potomac Officers Club, a non-profit business
organization; a Trustee of the National Building Museum; on the Board of
Directors of Junior Achievement, the Tower Club, and the Washington
Tennis and Education Foundation; and as Chairman of the Government
Advisory Boards of webMethods, Inc., and of Cyveillance, Inc.  Born and
raised in Los Angeles, Mr. Bisnow received his BA and MA from Stanford
University and JD from Harvard Law School and was a Churchill Fellow in
International Relations at Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public
and International Affairs.  He is the author of two books on politics
and numerous articles. He has been a member of the Council on Foreign
Relations and other foreign policy organizations.  He lives with his
wife and children in the Washington area.
About The Potomac Officers Club:

The Potomac Officers Club is a non-profit membership organization of
seasoned, CXO-level professionals with successful track records of
developing high-tech businesses in the Greater Washington area. The
members meet once per month to network, foster business growth, and
share business ideas and investment opportunities. The Officers Club was
created in January 2002 to harness the collective talent of this group,
thereby leveraging the unique abilities of the region to promote
continued economic growth and development in the Greater Washington
area. (The Term "CXO" refers to senior officer positions in an
organization. These officer positions carry the prestigious "Chief"
title, as in CEO, CFO, CTO, CMO, etc.) For additional information on the
club or to apply call 703-752-7449 or visit its website at
http://www.potomacofficersclub.com .
Contact:
Michiko Morales
(703) 751-2596
[email-masked]

Jim Garrettson
The Potomac Officers Club
(703)-752-7450
[email-masked]

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK2.story&STORY=/www/story/11-03-2003/0002049413&EDATE=MON+Nov+03+2003,+06:01+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/