Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Over-The-Air wireless & mobile device management group announced

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:30:29 -0500

Forum Champions OTA
Wireless Device Management 

By Susan Rush
November 13, 2003

The OTA Flash Forum (See www.otaflashforum.org) has formed a special interest
group geared specifically at advancing adoption of over-the-air wireless device
management.

The group says it will work to "identify and propose solutions to operational
and technical problems in the OTA firmware update and device management space."
The body also will work with standards bodies, including the CDMA Development
Group and the Open Mobile Alliance, to further the technology's advancement. 

"Our goal for the OTA Flash Forum is to accelerate the definition and adoption
of industry standards for OTA updates of mobile devices," OTA Flash Forum
Chairman Gene Wang said in a statement. 

Founding members include Bitfone Corp., Gemplus, Motorola, Orange and T-Mobile
USA.
 
http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=128420&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

 http://www.primezone.com/pages/news_releases.mhtml?d=48155

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/