Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:00:03 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Thursday, November 6, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) Legra Systems Breaks Through WLAN Security Bottleneck
2) OBSAI Completes Full Set of Specifications for Base Stations
3) OTC Wireless Launches High-Speed 802.11g Building-to-Building
Wireless Bridging Solution

---------------------------------------

1) Legra Systems Breaks Through WLAN Security Bottleneck

Legra is the first company to develop a Parallel Priority Cryptography
(PPC) chip, the CryptoFlex, which enables customers to break through the
WLAN security bottleneck by performing encryption/decryption on four
traffic streams simultaneously...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60272/793725

2) OBSAI Completes Full Set of Specifications for Base Stations

The Open Base Station Architecture Initiative (OBSAI) -- an industry
forum of over 50 telecommunications companies creating open
specifications for base station architecture -- announced today the
availability of the OBSAI interface specification for the radio and
baseband functions within the base station...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60273/793725

3) OTC Wireless Launches High-Speed 802.11g Building-to-Building
Wireless Bridging Solution

OTC Wireless has released an 802.11g building-to-building wireless
bridge. The AVCW-G will allow companies to connect buildings together at
distances up to 30Km (20 miles), enabling companies to avoid costly
leased line charges and provides them with connectivity at up to
54Mbps...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60274/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) 100 C Series Porcelain High RF Power MLCs
2) AFSB Substrate Amplifiers
3) HFSS Software

---------------------------------------

1) 100 C Series Porcelain High RF Power MLCs

Features:
- Improved low ESR/ESL Performance 
- Ultra-stable under high RF current and voltage applications 
- Proven RF Power Performer
- Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60275/793725

2) AFSB Substrate Amplifiers

Features:
- Ideal for gain blocks and drivers 
- Ideal building blocks for your own design: low-noise, interstage and
output modules 
- Available with low and medium power levels 
- Downloadable product catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60276/793725

3) HFSS Software

With HFSS v9, high-frequency and high-speed component design takes a
giant leap forward. Thousands of engineers worldwide already use HFSS to
design leading-edge devices, such as radio frequency (RF) and microwave
components, antennas and arrays, high-speed integrated circuits (ICs),
printed circuit boards (PCBs) and IC packages. Downloadable product
brochure available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60277/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED BOOK
-------------------------------------

"Modern Filter Design"
By Mohammed S. Ghausi

Originally published in 1981, Modern Filter Design remains a classic
statement of the principles underlying the analysis and design of active
RC and switched capacitor filters. Among other topics, the authors
discuss the design of continuous-time, second order active sections
(biquads), various measures of sensitivity, and more.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60278/793725

------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY RCR WIRELESS NEWS SUBSCRIPTION
------------------------------------------------------

For over 20 years RCR Wireless News has been a timely, authoritative,
indispensable source of news for the wireless community. Every week, RCR
delivers news of technology, new products, mergers, regulatory action,
financial news... and much more.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60279/793725

-------------------------------------
CONTINUING EDUCATION
-------------------------------------

Find the best school to meet your needs. Go for an Associates, Bachelors
or Masters Degree. Find an Online school specializing in your field of
interest or find a Campus school right in your back yard. Answer a few
basic questions and we will find the schools that match your needs and
get you information from each.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60280/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------

WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless
solutions, including profitability and next-generation strategies,
indoor coverage and capacity, prepaid services, WLANs and WiFi
technologies, and more. We encourage you to visit IIR Telecoms and
technology's web site for a complete listing of upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60281/793725

2003 IEEE GAAS IC SYMPOSIUM
Join us for the 25th Anniversary of the GaAs IC Symposium in sunny San
Diego, CA, this November 9-12, 2003. This event covers the latest
developments in compound semiconductor materials, devices and circuits
as well as trends in commercial applications and government R&D. See
link for on-line registration and related information.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/60282/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/