Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I85 Data Issue

From: "Philip Macafee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:17:47 -0800

I am upgrading my car kit from an I 55 to an I 85 using the full install
hard mount car kit. The new car kit has a db9 serial port but it is used to
connect to the cradle, not to output data. How do I get data from my I85
when it is in the cradle. My dealer does not know. Is there anyone here
familiar with the kit?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Richard Willimon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:36:46 -0500

The control box for the carkit has a serial port on the rear that is for
data i/o ....

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Macafee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I85 Data Issue
Importance: High

I am upgrading my car kit from an I 55 to an I 85 using the full install
hard mount car kit. The new car kit has a db9 serial port but it is used
to
connect to the cradle, not to output data. How do I get data from my I85
when it is in the cradle. My dealer does not know. Is there anyone here
familiar with the kit?

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Philip Macafee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:52:48 -0800

That was my belief, just like my I55 box with the db9 data out. But the
cable from the cradle has a db9 plug and goes into the serial port box.
There is no description in the accompanying material about data It seems
that the db9 also powers the cradle so I can not unplug it from the box into
the laptop. Any thoughts?

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Macafee [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I85 Data Issue
Importance: High

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT
click here
<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cviv7jp/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroup
web/S=1707367802:HM/EXP=1069512133/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Def
ault?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

---

From: "Richard Willimon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:49:35 -0500

Are you using motorola oem equipment?
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Macafee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] I85 Data Issue
Importance: High
 
That was my belief, just like my I55 box with the db9 data out. But the
cable from the cradle has a db9 plug and goes into the serial port box.
There is no description in the accompanying material about data It seems
that the db9 also powers the cradle so I can not unplug it from the box
into the laptop. Any thoughts?

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Macafee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I85 Data Issue
Importance: High

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service. 

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT
 
<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cjs10un/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=eg
roupweb/S=1707367802:HM/EXP=1069514998/A=1853618/R=0/*http:/www.netflix.
com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egrou
pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=952237011> 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

---

From: "Richard Willimon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:48:40 -0500

The port that is used to connect the cradle is not the serial
port..there is another connecting port for that.the serial port is for a
data connection to laptop, gps, etc.

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Macafee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I85 Data Issue
Importance: High

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT

---

From: "Richard Willimon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:07:09 -0500

Sorry, my bad..thinking about another unit.here is the link to download
owners manual for the unit..you need adobe to view it.
 
http://idenphones.motorola.com/idenSupport/common/downloads/manuals/i85s
_CarKit_en.pdf

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Macafee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:18 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] I85 Data Issue
Importance: High

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:20:37 -0500

I would trace the data pin-outs from the i85 to the base then from the base  to
the DB-9. If there truly is no data output switching a few pins around will
solve the problem.

Here is the i85 pin-out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/message/12708

Richard Willimon wrote:

> Sorry, my bad….thinking about another unit…here is the link to download owners
> manual for the unit..you need adobe to view it…
>
> http://idenphones.m
> torola.com/idenSupport/common/downloads/manuals/i85s_CarKit_en.pdf
>
> That was my belief, just like my I55 box with the db9 data out. But the cable
> from the cradle has a db9 plug and goes into the serial port box. There is no
> description in the accompanying material about data It seems that the db9 also
> powers the cradle so I can not unplug it from the box into the laptop. Any
> thoughts?
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>
>
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        ADVERTISEMENT
                         [click here]

>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG