Subject: [NEXTEL-1] City of Chicago Implements Intrado's Emergency Telephone Notification Service; IntelliCast Target Notification Calls Citizens to Provide Critical Information in Times of Crisis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:18:06 -0500

November 18, 2003 06:02 AM US Eastern Timezone

City of Chicago Implements Intrado's Emergency Telephone Notification Service;
IntelliCast Target Notification Calls Citizens to Provide Critical Information
in Times of Crisis

LONGMONT, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 18, 2003--Intrado(R) Inc. (Nasdaq:TRDO),
North America's leading provider of 9-1-1 infrastructure systems and services,
and experts in engineering and managing complex integrated data and
telecommunications solutions announced today that the City of Chicago has
completed its deployment of IntelliCast(SM) Target Notification. This service is
the newest addition to the city's homeland security arsenal, protecting
Chicago's 2.9 million citizens.
Telephone notification is the next level in public safety. According to the
latest industry data, 97.9 percent of the nation's population can be reached by
wireline telephone, and each line can be associated with a specific location on
a map. By using IntelliCast Target Notification, the City of Chicago can
reliably distribute critical, event-specific information to geographically
distinct portions of the population in times of crisis.

"Keeping our residents informed during a crisis is a number one priority," said
Chicago Mayor Richard Daley. "Integrating emergency telephone notification into
our public safety plans, as provided by IntelliCast Target Notification, is now
standard procedure."

"We believe outbound notification is the next wave of public safety," said
George Heinrichs, Intrado president and chief executive officer. "By sending
alerts and information directly into people's homes, systems like IntelliCast
Target Notification can help with quick evacuation, child abduction and
terrorist threats."

"Intrado is uniquely suited to help us address our emergency notification
needs," said Cortez Trotter, executive director, Chicago Office of Emergency
Management and Communications (OEMC). "Intrado's experience in working with
major metropolitan areas and their long history in public safety make them an
ideal choice."

IntelliCast Target Notification is a highly efficient emergency telephone
notification tool for rapidly distributing critical information to citizens in a
crisis. Designed specifically for public safety applications, it provides the
high levels of accuracy, precision, effectiveness, flexibility and availability
needed to meet public safety's exacting needs.

About Intrado

Founded in 1979, Intrado Inc. (Nasdaq:TRDO) is pioneering the technology of
Informed Response(R) by providing telecommunications companies and public safety
organizations with accurate, efficiently delivered, mission-critical information
-- enabling them to respond effectively, anywhere and anytime, regardless of
location, device or protocol.

The company's unparalleled industry knowledge in data management, network
transactions, call handling and notification technology reduces the effort,
cost, time and complexity associated with providing reliable communications
information for 9-1-1, safety and commercial applications. Intrado recently
received International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001-2000
certification. To receive Intrado press releases and company updates via e-mail,
please register at the company's Web site: http://www.intrado.com.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/