Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Selected as Winning Bidder for Nucentrix Assets- Nextel Grabs Some More Spectrum "On Da Cheap"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:33:21 -0500

November 06, 2003 01:07 PM US Eastern Timezone 

Nextel Selected as Winning Bidder for Nucentrix Assets- 
Nextel Grabs Some More Spectrum "On Da Cheap"

CARROLLTON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 6, 2003--Nucentrix 
Broadband Networks, Inc. (Pink Sheets:NCNX) (the Company), announced 
today that Nextel Spectrum Acquisition Corp. (Nextel), a wholly-
owned subsidiary of Nextel Communications Inc. (Nasdaq:NXTL), was 
the winning bidder at an auction conducted over the past two days in 
the Company's bankruptcy proceeding for its MMDS and MDS FCC 
licenses, certain spectrum and tower leases and other related 
assets. Nextel's winning bid was $51 million, subject to certain 
adjustments. The sale is subject to Bankruptcy Court approval and 
certain closing conditions, including approval of the Federal 
Communications Commission. 
As the winning bidder, Nextel agreed to provide financing to fund 
the Company's operations as a debtor in possession under the 
Bankruptcy Code through the closing, which is expected to occur in 
the second or third quarter of 2004. 

About Nucentrix 

Nucentrix Broadband Networks, Inc. provides broadband wireless 
Internet and multichannel video services using radio spectrum 
licensed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) at 2.5 GHz. 
This spectrum commonly is referred to as MMDS (Multichannel 
Multipoint Distribution Service) and ITFS (Instructional Television 
Fixed Service). Nucentrix is the third largest holder of MMDS and 
ITFS spectrum in the U.S. In addition, Nucentrix holds a substantial 
number of MDS (Multichannel Distribution Service) licenses at 2.1 
GHz. Nucentrix currently offers high-speed wireless Internet 
services in Austin and Sherman-Denison, Texas. Nucentrix holds the 
rights to an average of approximately 128 MHz of MDS, MMDS and ITFS 
spectrum, covering an estimated 8.2 million households, in over 90 
primarily medium and small markets across Texas, Oklahoma and the 
Midwest. Nucentrix also holds licenses for 20 MHz of WCS (Wireless 
Communications Services) spectrum at 2.3 GHz covering over 2 million 
households, primarily in Texas. 

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20031106005629&newsLang=en

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/