Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Launches Its Smallest, Most Advanced Walkie-talkie Phone i730

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:19:17 -0500

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/031106/65432_1.html
--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Search - Finance Home - Yahoo! - Help

Welcome,
marcel_rf1
[Sign
Out]

Money Manager
-
My Yahoo! View
-
Customize

Financial
News

Enter
symbol(s) BasicPerformanceReal-time MktDetailedChartResearchOptionsOrder
Book
Symbol Lookup

Press Release

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.

Nextel Launches Its Smallest, Most Advanced Walkie-talkie Phone
Thursday November 6, 10:00 am ET

Motorola i730 is Nextel's Most Colorful, Feature-rich Phone and Enhances Nextel's Instant Nationwide Direct Connect(SM) Service

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 6, 2003--
Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) today announced the
availability of the Motorola i730, the most advanced phone offered by
Nextel®. The Motorola i730 handset enhances Nextel's instant
Nationwide Direct Connect walkie-talkie service.

The sleek, flip-style Motorola i730 is the smallest phone in
Nextel's portfolio. It includes a display with a range of up to 65,000
colors and GPS technology for location-based applications and
services.

The Motorola i730 handset offers the one-touch Direct
Connect(TM) walkie-talkie feature, allowing users to simply press the
Push To Talk(TM) walkie-talkie button to instantly contact the last
number that was engaged in a Direct Connect walkie-talkie
conversation, much like a redial button. Users can also program a
specific Direct Connect number that instantly connects whenever the
PTT(TM) walkie-talkie button is pressed from the main screen.

The Motorola i730 handset also includes:

Java MIDP 2.0 - one of the first phones with this advanced
technology, which enables the phone to automatically launch an
application when turned on, to run multiple applications at
once, enhanced security and more
Speakerphone - for convenient hands-free conversations
Voice recorder - captures memos or incoming phone conversations
for future playback(1)
600-contact phone book - store up to eight numbers for a single
name
Voice-activated dialing - speak to dial numbers
GPS technology-enabled - for location-based applications and
services
Multi-color call illuminator - a circle of lights on the outside
of the phone can flash a variety of colors in time with the
ring tone
Airplane mode - turn off the network connection and use programs,
games, voice recorder and datebook while in flight
Profiles - personalize settings for up to twelve environments; for
example, when the self-titled "meeting" mode is selected, the
phone could be set to only vibrate
Pre-loaded wallpapers - and the ability to download more right
from the phone
External screen - shows the time, date and caller ID(2) without
the need to open the flip phone
Audio caller ID - user-assignable ring tones allow users to
instantly identify important calls without having to look at
the phone(2)

The Motorola i730 mobile phone includes sample games and
applications, a full-version Calculator2Go and several wallpapers and
ring tones. Users can download additional applications and content at
www.nextel.com/idenupdate.(2)

The Motorola i730 handset weighs 5.1 ounces and measures 3.6 x 1.1
x 2 inches. It is available through all Nextel distribution channels,
including retail stores, at a price of $299.99 with a two-year service
agreement, new activation and credit approval. Taxes, fees, early
termination fee and other charges apply.

Nextel's Nationwide Direct Connect walkie-talkie service allows
instant contact across thousands of miles. In less than one second,
Nextel subscribers can communicate with up to 13 million other
subscribers of Nextel, Nextel Partners and Nextel Mexico throughout
the continental United States, Hawaii and northern Baja California,
Mexico.

(1) Recording of phone calls is subject to varying state and
federal laws regarding privacy and recording of phone conversations.
Always obey the laws and regulations on the use of this feature.
(2) Network and subscription dependent feature. Not available in
all areas.

About Nextel

Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va.,
is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications
services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless
network in the country covering thousands of communities across the
United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 293
of the top 300 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel
and Nextel Partners service is available today in areas of the U.S.
where approximately 248 million people live or work.

About Nextel Partners

Nextel Partners, Inc., (NASDAQ:NXTP - News), based in Kirkland, Wash.,
has the exclusive right to provide digital wireless communications
services using the Nextel brand name in 31 states where approximately
53 million people reside. Nextel Partners offers its customers the
same fully integrated, digital wireless communications services
available from Nextel including digital cellular, text and numeric
messaging, wireless Internet access and Direct Connect(SM) digital
walkie-talkie, all in a single wireless phone. Nextel Partners
customers can seamlessly access these services anywhere on Nextel's or
Nextel Partners' all-digital wireless network, which currently covers
293 of the top 300 U.S. markets. To learn more about Nextel Partners,
visit www.nextelpartners.com.
(C)2003 Nextel Communications. NEXTEL, the NEXTEL logo, NEXTEL
ONLINE, NEXTEL. DONE., the NEXTEL. DONE. logo, PUSH TO TALK, PTT,
DIRECT CONNECT, and NATIONWIDE DIRECT CONNECT are service marks,
trademarks, and/or registered trademarks owned by Nextel
Communications, Inc. All other product or service names are the
property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. MOTOROLA and
the Stylized M Logo are registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark
Office. Java and all other Java-based marks are trademarks or
registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other
countries.

Contact:

Nextel Communications Inc., Reston
Nextel Communications Media Contact:
Aaron Radelet, 703-433-8246
or
Nextel Communications Investor Contact:
Paul Blalock, 703-433-4300
or
Nextel Partners, Inc., Kirkland
Nextel Partners Media Contact:
Susan Johnston, 425-766-1585

Source:
Nextel Communications Inc.

Email this story
-
Set
a News Alert

Sponsored
Links

WeRLoans.com, Mortgage Loans All Types
Mortgage loans, all types. A+ and bad credit. Cash out, straight talk. No gimmick loans. Easy applications. Real rate quotes. Safe and secure.
www.werloans.com

Champion - Find a Mortgage Now
You've worked hard for your home. Let Champion show you how it can work hard for you. Looking to refinance, get a home mortgage or a line of credit, Champion says yes. Act now.
www.championmortgage.com

Home Mortgage from Full Spectrum Lending
Cut monthly payments, get needed cash or buy a new home with a home mortgage loan. We're part of Countrywide, one of the nation's leading independent home lenders.
www.fullspectrumlending.com
(What's This?)

Related
Quotes

NXTL
NXTP

23.77
12.00

-0.16
-0.17

News
News

View Detailed Quotes
Delayed 20 mins
Quote data provided by
Reuters

Related News Stories

·

Nextel Files Comments with Federal Communications Commission --FCC-- Concerning Cingular Wireless' Request for Government Handout - Business Wire (9:07 am)

·

[external] SPECIAL REPORT -- TECH BUYING GUIDE -- ON THE ROAD: Whose Service Suits You? - at BusinessWeek Online (Wed Nov 5)

·

Sprint PCS to spend about $2.1 bln capex in '04 - Reuters (Tue Nov 4)

·

[external] CEO Approval Ratings: Telecommunications - at Forbes.com (Tue Nov 4)

More...

·

By
industry:
Computers, Networking, Telecom

Top Stories

·

Jobless Claims Plunge, Productivity Soars - Reuters (9:30 am)

·

Greenspan: Low Inflation Means Low Rates - Reuters (10:44 am)

·

Blue Chips Ease, But Cisco Climbs - Reuters (10:19 am)

·

Spitzer Is in Talks with Funds to Settle - Reuters (10:56 am)

More...

·

Most-emailed
articles

·

Most-viewed
articles

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Ad Feedback
Copyright
©
2003 Business Wire. All rights reserved. All
the news releases provided by Business Wire are copyrighted.
Any forms of
copying other than an individual user's personal reference
without express
written permission is prohibited. Further distribution
of these materials
by posting, archiving in a public web site or database,
or redistribution
in a computer network is strictly forbidden.