Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Southern LINC Recharges PTT- Soco Goes Pre-Paid

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:37:13 -0500

Southern LINC Recharges PTT
BY SUSAN RUSH
NOVEMBER 17, 2003

As evidenced by the above story about the expanding crowd of companies offering
walkie-talkie like services, two-way radio services are gaining ground in the
wireless sector. To attract customers, Southern LINC is offering a slight twist
on PTT: prepaid services.

The carrier is marketing the prepaid service, dubbed Recharge, to its business
customers, the first company in the Southeast to offer such a plan, according to
Southern LINC. Recharge offers customers unlimited Instant LINC two-way radio
minutes for a fixed, per-day usage fee of $1.50 a day, according to a company
spokesman. The service is designed to let customers use the service on an
as-needed basis.

When minutes are running low, customers receive a voice or text message alert
telling them it is time to recharge. Early this month, Southern LINC began
offering the Motorola i730 handset with two-way radio capabilities. The
flip-style, color screen handset retails for $299.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=2&pubdate=11/17/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/