Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Boost Mobile CEO Resigns

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:14:55 -0500

Boost Mobile CEO Resigns
BY SUSAN RUSH
NOVEMBER 24, 2003

Fed up with what he deems the Nextel Communications Inc. corporate machine,
the founder and CEO of Boost Mobile, Nextel's youth-oriented prepaid marketing
initiative, is calling it quits.

Boost Mobile became a bigger part of the Nextel family earlier this year when
the
carrier snapped up the remaining equity in Boost it didn't already own. Boost
Mobile and its founder Peter Adderton were brought into the fold to sell Nextel
service calling plans, features and cell phones specifically to the
youth-oriented
market. Citing differences of strategy and Nextel's failure to 'live up to
promises'
made when Nextel completed its Boost Mobile buy in August, Adderton tendered
his resignation.

'When Nextel bought our company, it was made clear to me that Boost would
continue to operate independently and that our job was to build a brand that
could
dominate the youth wireless market,' Adderton said in a prepared statement. He
contends Nextel is working to turn Boost into 'Nextel in jeans.' He went on to
say
that each day, 'Nextel reins us in a little more and makes us increasingly
corporate.'

Nextel agrees there were differing opinions regarding the Boost Mobile strategy.

The carrier has accepted Adderton's resignation and is ready to move forward.
'There was a difference of opinion and strategy of Boost, and while we are sorry
to
see Peter leave, we need to do what is in the best interest of Boost, Nextel and

our shareholders,' Nextel spokeswoman Audrey Schaefer tells news@2.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=128715&verticalID=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/