Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Tekelec Launches Operations in Mexico; Company Continues Global Expansion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:53:16 -0500

November 03, 2003 09:30 AM US Eastern Timezone

Tekelec Launches Operations in Mexico; Company Continues Global
Expansion

MORRISVILLE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 3, 2003--Tekelec (Nasdaq:
TKLC), a leading developer of telecommunication switching and signaling
products for fixed, mobile, and next-generation networks, today
announced its continued global expansion with the opening of an office
in Mexico City.

"Mexico is a rapidly growing market and one of the region's largest
economies," explained Fred Lax, president and CEO, Tekelec. "The
telecommunications industry in Mexico is expanding nearly 15 percent a
year. With 15 million fixed lines and 26 million mobile subscribers, we
see significant opportunities for Tekelec's leading now and next-
next-generation switching and signaling solutions for service providers.
Our proven solutions will help providers in Mexico deliver value-added
services while ensuring network efficiencies. We are pleased to announce
our in-country support for this growing market."

Ricardo Diaz, vice president and managing director of Tekelec's
operations in the Caribbean and Latin America, added, "We are excited
about our growing presence in the market. In fact, we are helping
leading service providers in Mexico implement infrastructures that are
efficient, scalable, and cost-effective. Our integrated and reliable
solutions are helping telcos create future-proof networks, enabling them
to maximize existing resources, deliver revenue-generating applications,
and evolve to new technologies seamlessly."

With more than 23 years of experience, Tekelec has deployed more than
850 systems to optimize the telecommunications network performance of
its clients in more than 27 countries. Among its leading global clients
are AT&T Wireless, France Telecom, Sprint, Verizon, Vodafone, and
Reliance. In Mexico, Telcel and Nextel are using Tekelec solutions,
including the EAGLE(R) 5 Signaling Application System with Integrated
Sentinel(TM), which provides integrated network signaling and
monitoring.

The Tekelec office in Mexico, located in 36th Blvd. Avila Camacho (Tower
Emerald) Floor 10, in Lomas of Chapultepec, will allow Tekelec to offer
customized consulting, support, and network maintenance to
telecommunications service providers--services key to strengthening the
company's position as a leading developer of network telecommunications
switching and signaling solutions. The local staff will concentrate on
post-sales activities and offer additional support as the company's
business increases.

With the opening of the office in Mexico, Tekelec continues to
demonstrate its commitment to growth worldwide as well as its confidence
in Mexico's economic development and growth. The company, which is based
in the U.S. and has its European headquarters in London, also has
offices in Brazil, China, Russia, and Singapore.

ABOUT TEKELEC

Tekelec is a leading developer of telecommunications signaling and
switching solutions, packet-telephony infrastructure, network monitoring
technology, and value-added applications. Tekelec's innovative solutions
are widely deployed in traditional and next-generation wireline and
wireless networks and contact centers worldwide. Corporate headquarters
are located in Calabasas, Calif., with research and development
facilities and sales offices throughout the world. For more information,
please visit www.tekelec.com.

The Tekelec logo, EAGLE, G-Flex, G-Port, and IP7 are registered
trademarks of Tekelec. Sentinel, TekServer, and TekWare are trademarks
of Tekelec. All other trademarks are the property of their respective
owners.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xlw.sC/XP.FAA/3jkFAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/