Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Happy LNP Day!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:56:23 -0500

Today is the day you can finally "Port". It should be very interesting to see
how things go. I predict LNP will be more hype than action. Greg in the UK has
provided some interesting infomation on  Porting from the UK.

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MNP
To: Marcel <[email-masked]>

Marcel
Managed to get two bits about MNP. 

First is the GSM standard 02.66 Stage 1, which makes far more sense
to the uninitiated than Stage 2 (GSM 03.66). I can't send this to the group
because of ETSI copyright. Good reference document though if some
asks you.

The second item is Tango Telecom on MNP. Interesting document.
This does come from the Internet: http://www.tango.ie/pdf/mnp.pdf

Third, and which is free off the Internet, is 3GPP 22.066 Stage 1 MNP.
In fact this document closely follows GSM 02.66.
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/2000-12/R1999/22_series/

Cheers
Greg

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:27:49 -0500

All:

Well the big LNP day is over and as I said before it turned out to be more "Hype"
than anything. I personally visited a few carriers and they reported very light
traffic throughout the day. One Cingular Kiosko reported "0" ports as of  2pm. I
heard a lot of customers did not understand the concept.
One pit fall is if you port and you want to switch back after the grace period the
carrier now owns your number according to the Cingular Manager I spoke to. I think
there will be a slight bump in traffic over the next month but nothing to justify
the millions of dollars  spent and the thousands of people hired for porting. Look
for more layoffs........

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG