Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ITI Whitepaper on 5GHz Allocations for RLAN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:22:57 -0500

ITI Whitepaper on 5GHz Allocations for RLAN
Abstract

This document prepared by the Information Technology Industry Council provides
suggested input to regulatory authorities for operation in the 5 GHz bands,
specifically
for Radio Local Area Network (RLAN) type devices. This document also provides
guidance on the allocation of the 5 GHz band by the ITU-R and clarifies some of
the
proposed operating parameters in the adopted resolution.

Overview

Based on the need to provide users with more bandwidth for innovative broadband
applications, ITI supports efforts addressing uses of RLAN devices in the 5 GHz
bands.
This additional spectrum allows for continued growth of RLAN and greater user
flexibility. The 5 GHz frequency bands below 5725 MHz have been allocated for
use by
mobile services including RLAN by the ITU-R.

These systems should be deployed and operated without any type of user or system

license or registration other than the appropriate type-approval for the
transmitters.
The attached table outlines the basic requirements for systems operating in the
5150-5350
MHz and 5470-5725 MHz as allocated by the ITU-R. Operation in the 5725-5850 MHz
band is based on current US and Canada regulations ITI also include some
suggested
modifications that will help facilitate a more robust deployment of these
devices.
The ITU-R allocation suggests additional mitigation techniques to provide
further
protection for EESS systems. However real world deployment does not support the
adoption of either an antenna mask nor require the systems to be used primary
indoors to
protect these services as suggested by the ITU-R. Therefore ITI does not
recommend the
adoption of these more stringent mitigation techniques.

Full report: http://www.itic.org/policy/2003/trc03059.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/