Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Facilities Announces Multi-Year Agreement To Outsource Triton PCS Network Maintenance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:56:11 -0500

Wireless Facilities Announces Multi-Year Agreement To Outsource Triton
PCS Network Maintenance

    SAN DIEGO, Nov. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Wireless Facilities,
Inc.
(WFI) (Nasdaq: WFII), a global leader in the design, deployment and
management
of wireless telecommunications networks, and Berwyn, PA based Triton PCS

announced today that they have extended an agreement for WFI to provide
RF
optimization and performance engineering services for Triton PCS'
network
through 2005.
    Under the extension agreement, WFI will continue to provide these
services
for a majority of the cell sites in Triton PCS' network serving six
southeastern states.  Triton PCS provides wireless services in Virginia,
North
Carolina, South Carolina, northern Georgia, northeastern Tennessee, and
southeastern Kentucky.
    "As demand for new services grows, we are rapidly expanding to meet
market
expectation," said Glen Robinson, Senior Vice-President of Technology
for
Triton PCS.  "In this period of dramatic growth and increasing
competitive
pressures, it is more important than ever that we focus on managing our
day-to-day business operations, and outsource certain technical
operations.
Through this extension agreement, Triton and WFI have worked together to

further increase the efficiency of the resources assigned to maintain
the
performance of Triton's network; thereby resulting in significant cost
savings."
    "WFI is pleased to continue our long-standing relationship with
Triton
PCS.  Outsourcing wireless network performance and operations on a
fixed-price
basis with performance guarantees allows our customers to effectively
plan for
growth while operating within budgetary constraints.  Triton PCS is a
valued
customer that, along with WFI, continues to strive to increase
efficiencies
while minimizing costs," said Greg Jacobsen, Executive Vice-President of
WFI.

    About Wireless Facilities
    As a global leader in telecommunications outsourcing, Wireless
Facilities,
Inc. designs, deploys, integrates and manages wireless networks and
specialized security systems for some of the largest wireless
telecommunication carriers, wireless equipment vendors and general
contractors
worldwide.  Specializing in network architecture and dimensioning of
mobile
and high speed wireless data systems, including third generation (3G)
networks, WFI provides a complete range of network services - from
business
and market planning to RF engineering, fixed network engineering, IP and
data
engineering, site acquisition and development, installation,
optimization and
maintenance.  WFI is headquartered in San Diego and has performed work
in over
100 countries since the Company was founded in late 1994.  The Company
has
offices in Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, Reston, Montvale, London,
Gothenburg,
Stockholm, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and Beijing. News and information are

available at http://www.wfinet.com .

    About Triton PCS
    Triton PCS, based in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, is an award-winning
wireless
carrier providing service in the Southeast.  The company markets its
service
under the brand SunCom, a member of the AT&T Wireless Network.  Triton
PCS is
licensed to operate a digital wireless network in a contiguous area
covering
13.6 million people in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina,
northern
Georgia, northeastern Tennessee and southeastern Kentucky.

    For further information please contact: Investors, Martha Lessa,
Director,
Investor Relations, +1-858-228-2328, [email-masked], or Media,
Greg
Jacobsen, Executive Vice President, +1-303-979-4105,
[email-masked],
both of Wireless Facilities, Inc.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/