Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Insider Racing News- Bubba Finds Mirt- Alabama Watch Out!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:19:56 -0500

Last Minute Gift Ideas

Are you tired of shopping for the race fan that has everything? Do you find
yourself
wandering aimlessly among die-cast replicas, only to buy the one your fan
already owns?

Have a look at the most radical and controversial gift of the 2003 season.

It’s the “MIRT” Mobile Infrared Transmitter

People have been debating the MIRT and this is the device law enforcement
officials don’t
want you to know about. A lot of controversy surrounds this product, you either
love it or
you hate the idea of it. In conversations about Christmas gifts, the MIRT ranks
high on lists.
Have a look at this product and make the choice yourself. This little known item
is becoming
a fast mover in the market.

My staff rates the MIRT as the hottest Christmas gift among NASCAR racing fans.
What?
You thought I was going to go with that Elmo doll again this year. Elmo is a bag
of rags
compared to this gift. If you want to start that dysfunctional family fight at
Grandma's this
Christmas, give the MIRT.

http://insiderracingnews.com/sm/122103.html

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:29:15 -0800

Here's what I sent to the writer today.

When we see an article that's not right, we need to let the editors and
authors know and maybe educate them a little.

IMHO, Posting comments here alone is not enough to cause change or get
attention to our causes.

Merry Christmas to eveyone.
Jack Daniel
------------------

Joe,

I wish you had given more thought to the matter before you recommended
MIRT's to your readers. It's like suggesting hand grenades as
paperweights; sooner or later someone is going to get hurt or killed.

With MIRT's in irresponsible hands its no longer safe to enter a traffic
light controlled intersection. "Controlled" becomes "uncontrolled" when
a MIRT is around.

I hope you or your loved ones aren't in the car that gets T-boned by
some drunk racing home after a New Years party.

And don't count on rapid emergency responses any more. Ambulances, Fire
and Police can't trust entering an intersection anymore than anyone else
now. 

But have fun showing off your MIRT to your buddies while you can because
public use is being outlawed in one state after another. You probably
didn't pay for yours but the rest of your readers will. Your readers
should also know  the MIRT doesn't work on all traffic control systems.
Like buying a one band radar detector.

Please show you care about your readers safety and recall your
recommendation.

J.K. Daniel
NASCAR fan and responsible driver.
========================================================

[email-masked] wrote:
> yourself  wandering aimlessly among die-cast replicas, only to buy the one 
> your fan already owns?
> 
> Have a look at the most radical and controversial gift of the 2003c season.
> 
> officials don’t want you to know about. A lot of controversy surrounds this product,
> you either love it or you hate the idea of it. 
>
> In conversations about Christmas gifts, the MIRT ranks high on lists.
> Have a look at this product and make the choice yourself. This little
> known item is becoming a fast mover in the market.
> 
> What? You thought I was going to go with that Elmo doll again this year.
> Elmo is a bag of rags compared to this gift. If you want to start that dysfunctional family fight at Grandma's this

 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:53:30 -0500

Good  idea Jack!

Jack Daniel wrote:

>
>
> Maybe if everyone woudl start responding to the kooky articles aboiut
> our industry we might get some action there too.

 

Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Jack Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:44:35 -0800

Guess What? It looks like it DOES pay to send comments abiut comments to
the originator.

I revisited the web site and the article I question was removed!

Think about it.

Here's what I just sent the columnist, Joe Foster.
-------------------------------

Joe,

I just revisited your web site and was very pleased to see you have
already removed the comments about a device that poses a danger to us
all when used irresponsibly.

To be very honest, I didn't expect any action would be taken.
Your prompt attention is admirable and I applaud you for it.

God Bless you and the staff for doing the right thing. 
I'm sure many public safety people share my sentiments.

J.K. Daniel
A fan of Joe Foster
============================

Jack Daniel wrote:
> > Elmo is a bag of rags compared to this gift. If you want to start
> that dysfunctional family fight at Grandma's this
>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>                        ADVERTISEMENT
>                         [click here]
>     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
>    * To visit your group on the web, go to:
>    * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>      Service.

 

Yahoo! Groups Links