Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Free 911 Phones For Seniors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 05:50:19 -0500

Free 911 Phones For Seniors
 Contributed by mmasnick on Tues, Dec 2 2003

 A few years back, I had heard about how even if a mobile phone didn't have a
service contract, it could still dial
 911. I had a discussion with some family members about making sure that my
grandparents had old, discarded
 mobile phones they could use in case of emergency. The one issue, though, was
whether or not they would
 keep it charged. Instead, we realized that they were probably better off with a
fully functional mobile phone and
 and helped them purchase one (which they love). Now, however, others have come
up with the same idea about
 using old, discarded mobile phones as emergency 911 terminals. In Florida,
they're giving away such phones to
 anyone who wants one. Of course, the "keeping it charged" problem remains.

=================
Palm Beach County news briefs

November 29, 2003

Palm Beach County

Seniors to be offered

`911-only' cell phones

Cell phones that dial only 911 will be given free to seniors in unincorporated
Palm Beach County from
next week. Distribution is on a first-come, first-served basis.

The phones allow seniors to call the Sheriff's Office or other 911 agencies in
emergencies. The phones
will be free to use.

Picture identification is required and a release must be completed before a
person can receive a phone. Places and times are:

Kings Point, 15127A Jog Road, west of Delray Beach, 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday and
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday,
561-638-9400.

Boynton Trails, 9776D-3 S. Military Trail, west of Boynton Beach, 9 a.m. to 1
p.m. Monday and Wednesday,
561-742-4912.

Jewish Community Center, 9378 SW 210th St., west of Boca Raton, 10 a.m. to 2
p.m. Monday and Wednesday,
561-852-7798.

Pine Trail Office, 1867A N. Military Trail, west of West Palm Beach, 10 a.m. to
1 p.m. Tuesday, 561-478-6497.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-p3bdig29nov29,0,3173617.story?coll=sfla-news-palm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/