Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Saudi Arabia to offer new cellular licenses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:05:50 -0500

Saudi Arabia to offer new cellular licenses

Saudi Arabia is to license at least one new cellular license to continue the
planned liberalisation of the local telecoms market. The Communications and
Information Technology Commission (CITC) is inviting comments from interested
parties on the procedure to be used and the conditions to be applied in the
licensing of cellular mobile service providers in the Kingdom. A Public
Consultation Document is being released at the same time to provide background
information on the proposed licensing procedure and conditions, and to invite
comments on issues related to the licensing process.

A timetable for the submission of comments and other steps in the consultation
process is set out in the Public Consultation Document.

Following the Public Consultation Process the licensing award process is
intended to have a Pre-Qualification Phase to pre-qualify candidates to be
included in a short-list and entitled to submit an application for a cellular
mobile services license followed by an Application Phase and a Selection Phase
to evaluate the pre-qualified applicants.

The CITC will provide further details regarding the licensing process shortly
following the conclusion of the Public Consultation at which time the request
for the pre-qualification ("RFPQ") package will be made available on the CITC
web site. The RFPQ fee, for those intending to file a response to the RFPQ, will
be specified in the RFPQ package.

The schedule and deadlines for filing questions and comments related to the
licensing of new cellular mobile service providers are set out at the end of the
Public Consultation Document.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10214.shtml

Posted to the site on 01-Dec-03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/