Subject: [NEXTEL-1] 3G UMTS Test Transmitter Mimics Base Station

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:56:22 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Dec2003/6218.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Deal
of the Week

on 3

FREE
DVD With 3G Phones on VT 750

Now
from Free

Just £35 p.m.

Free
3G Newsletter

Buy
3G Phones

Visit
3G Forum

Networks
Analyzer

Generation
UMTS

Gadgets

3

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
HOME

3G
UMTS Test Transmitter Mimics Base Station

9th December , 2003

US
: DTI, a leader in wireless intelligence, will unveil its groundbreaking
new portable UMTS WCDMA Test Transmitter at the CDMA Americas Congress.

DTI
will demonstrate its entire wireless test portfolio for CDMA networks
at the show. The portfolio includes a new version of its SeeGull™
LX CDMA2000 high-speed scanning receiver and the Segue™ Analyzer,
a handheld device that measures propagation, monitors traffic and detects
unwanted interference and intruders in Wi-Fi networks. DTI is a PCTEL
(Nasdaq:PCTI) company.

UMTS
WCDMA Test Transmitter ( inset above )

DTI's
UMTS WCDMA Test Transmitter enables carriers and service providers to
perform propagation testing and analysis using modulated signals. Unlike
other transmitters which only generate CW (continuous wave) test signals,
DTI's test transmitter operates in two transmit modes: Pilot/Scrambling
code and CW. This added test capability allows network engineers to
better design, plan, and budget their networks. DTI's UMTS Test Transmitter
is compact, portable, and easy-to-use for both indoor and outdoor applications.

"Our
new UMTS WCDMA test transmitter is the first product on the market that
allows 3G network operators to test the coverage and propagation of
their networks by mimicking a real world scenario," said Paul Kline,
president of DTI. "With this product, WCDMA operators can, for
the first time, accurately test their network coverage using transmitters
which send modulated signals with strength that matches actual WCDMA
signals. DTI's new Test Transmitter, coupled with the high-speed SeeGull™
LX WCDMA Scanning Receiver, provides a complete solution for network
optimization and network performance testing," added Kline.

DTI's
UMTS WCDMA Test Transmitter is now available for wireless service providers,
OEMs, integrators, and consultants worldwide. Product details can be
found on DTI's Web site at http://www.DynamicTelecommunications.com.

SeeGull™
LX CDMA2000 Scanning Receiver

DTI
also will be demonstrating its SeeGull™ LX CDMA2000 scanning receiver.
SeeGull™ LX is used by wireless carriers to obtain network performance
data through drive tests, site surveys, base station monitoring, and
network coverage analysis. The next release (3.0) of this product is
scheduled for the second quarter of 2004. New features will include
an unprecedented 30dB of dynamic range, decoding of layer-3 messages
(such as SID, NID and Base ID of synchronization channels) and decoding
of paging channel messages. The new release will also eliminate the
need for GPS when measuring signals using base station-assisted timing.
These features provide increased analysis capabilities for RF performance,
and enhance the carrier's visibility into their network, dramatically
simplifying troubleshooting and network optimization.

Segue™
Analyzer

DTI's
Segue™ Analyzer is a handheld test and security verification tool
for Wi-Fi (802.11b) networks. This state-of-the-art device was designed
with the network administrator/MIS person in mind to analyze and optimize
2.4 GHz WLANs. Segue™ Analyzer monitors traffic, identifies regions
and sources of interference, detects unwanted subscribers and access
points, reports throughput, and measures network and radio parameters.

Free
3G Phones 3

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

Field
Testing of 3G Mobile Technologies in China

Lucent
Technologies announced that it will participate in field testing of third-generation
(3G) mobile networking technologies

3G
UMTS Test Transmitter Mimics Base Station

DTI,
a leader in wireless intelligence, will unveil its groundbreaking new
portable UMTS WCDMA Test Transmitter...

Integrated
3G 1xEV-DO Test Solution

Spirent
Communications announced the availability of the EV-DO ATS Automatic Test
System. EV-DO ATS addresses a key industry need ...

Vodafone
Start with EDGE Wireless

Slovenia
is successfully on its way into the third mobile generation: As one of
the first network operators in Eastern Europe

Wireless
Gambling & Adult Content to Generate $6.5bn

Two
new studies from Juniper Research conclude that Gambling and Adult based
content have the potential to generate revenues in excess of $6.5bn by
2006

3G
UMTS Academy Launched

The
Academy will include a series of knowledgeware products and services including
expert books, in-person seminars and online Webinars

3G
Video Looking Good for 2004

deo
will be a priority for mobile operators in 2004, says Ovum, the analyst
and consulting company, and advises players to launch video services in
2004, and gain valuable experience quickly.

M1
Awards Nokia 3G Deal

Singapore's
M1 awards Nokia deal for WCDMA and GSM/GPRS expansion and enhancement.

SK
Telecom Launch Wireless Stock Service

SK
Telecom announced the launch of a Stock Investment Information Service
called NATE through the wireless Internet

5
Million Wireless Users For T-Mobile Zones

T-Mobile’s
multimedia service t-zones now has more than 4.9 million unique active
users per month globally

Panasonic
MMS Wireless Campaign

Panasonic
decided to support the launch of its X70 with a multi-media mobile direct
marketing push

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>