Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Former Motorola Exec Sues Firm Over Firing

From: "Madden, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:05:11 -0500

Ain't it awful when somebody treats a corporate execs. like an employee?

Roger
_________

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 12:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Former Motorola Exec Sues Firm Over Firing

Former Motorola Exec Sues Firm Over Firing

CHICAGO (AP)
November 30, 2003

A former Motorola Inc. executive is suing the company for $1 million
over
his firing.

Robert Krolopp, who worked 23 years for the company and was vice
president
and director of software development for its cell phone division, filed
a
lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court claiming he was fired last year for
exposing misuse of a major client's contract payment.

Krolopp supervised more than 700 employees and oversaw part of
Motorola's
contract with telecommunications company Hutchinson Whampoa Ltd., of
Hong
Kong. The customer paid $32 million in July 2001 for development of
software
for its phones.

The lawsuit, filed Oct. 31, says Krolopp and managers in other divisions
repeatedly asked to use part of the money to complete the work but
weren't
allowed to until it was too late to meet a deadline to provide the
software.

The lawsuit alleges that Krolopp complained in September 2002 to a
senior
vice president, saying funds were diverted from the project to cover
operating deficits. It says that two weeks later Krolopp was suspended
without pay.

Motorola spokeswoman Jennifer Weyrauch said Sunday that company policy
prohibits discussing pending litigation.

Krolopp's lawsuit says company officials searched his e-mail messages
after
his suspension and fired him ``for engaging in a relationship with a
female
co-worker'' he supposedly supervised, though he denies having supervised
the
worker.

Krolopp did not immediately return a phone call from The Associated
Press on
Sunday.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/ap/ap_story.html/Financial/
AP.V7517.AP-Motorola-Lawsui.html

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "d'wolfe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:04:13 -0500

If you consider the quality of Moto "software", he's lucky he even had a job...

David

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:05:11 -0500, Madden, Roger wrote:

>Ain't it awful when somebody treats a corporate execs. like an

>employee?

>and director of software development for its cell phone division,

>filed

>lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court claiming he was fired last year

>for

>The lawsuit, filed Oct. 31, says Krolopp and managers in other

>divisions

>operating deficits. It says that two weeks later Krolopp was

>suspended

>Motorola spokeswoman Jennifer Weyrauch said Sunday that company

>policy

>co-worker'' he supposedly supervised, though he denies having

>supervised

>http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/ap/ap_story.html/Financi

>al/

>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>ADVERTISEMENT

>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.