Subject: [NEXTEL-1] How to include Terrain Height Info into Cost-231 Hata PCS extention model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 21:02:26 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Pitchaiah Soma" <[email-masked]>
Subject: PROP-L:How to include Terrain Height Info into Cost-231 Hata PCS
extention model

Hello All,
	   Could some body please suggest how to incorporate Terrain height
information into Cost-231 Hata model.

I was trying to replace the Transmitter height(Ht) parameter with (Ht +
(RxElevation -TxElevation)).
This condition seems reasonable when Rx elevation is more than the Tx
elevation, but seems wrong by adding loss when Tx is located on a highly
elevated place, which is greater than all Rx positions.

Is it right to replace Ht with (Ht + fabs(RxElevation -TxElevation))?

If terrain height can't be incorporated in to Hata model directly, what is
the best way to add the terrain gain/loss to the Hata prediction.
I am using the following method to compute the Terrain gain/loss:
Terrain Gain/Loss, dB = Tp * TerrainDelta, if fabs(TerrainDelta) < 30m
		 	    = Tp * 20*log10(fabs(TerrainDelta)) if fabs(TerrainDelta) > 30m and
TerrainDelta > 0
		  	    = Tp * (-20*log10(fabs(TerrainDelta))) if fabs(TerrainDelta) > 30m
and TerrainDelta < 0

where, TerrainDelta = (RxElevation -TxElevation)
       Tp is a parameter derrived using measurements in the range of -0.5 to
+0.5

Does the above method sounds reasonable to you?

I appreciate your comments and any suggestions on this matter.

Thanks,
Pitchaiah

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/