Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cook Islands to improve GSM network (Go interWAVE!)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:00:01 -0500

Cook Islands to improve GSM network (Go interWAVE!)

interWAVE Communications has announced a US$1.9 million deployment of a GSM/GPRS
network and a satellite upgrade system for Telecom Cook Islands Limited in the
islands of Rarotonga and Aitutaki.
"This island deployment further highlights interWAVE's strength at deploying GSM
networks in areas of the world traditionally considered too small or too remote
for wireless cellular services," said Tim Moran, managing director of the
Asia/Pacific region for interWAVE. "By first upgrading the islands' current
satellite capacity, we were then able to deploy a GSM network that will provide
the first-ever wireless voice and data services."

"Since tourism is a major source of revenue for the Islands, it became necessary
to provide island visitors with international roaming capabilities," said Stuart
Davies, CEO of Telecom Cook Islands Limited. "interWAVE's unmatched speed of
deployment enabled our network to be installed and live in time for our December
holiday visitors."

interWAVE's solutions are designed to be flexible and highly scaleable, making
them ideal for areas of the world, like island nations, that require
low-to-medium capacity coverage. Furthermore, interWAVE's fully-functional GSM
networks can be deployed within weeks and are easy to install, maintain and
support.

interWAVE has successfully deployed networks in Micronesia, the Cocos Islands,
Guam, the Solomon Islands, and the Marshall Islands, among others, further
demonstrating the traction its solutions are gaining within these niche areas of
the world.

Posted to the site on 03-Dec-03
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10232.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/