Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SARPY COUNTY E-911 COMMUNICATIONS-Sarpy County, Nebraska

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:47:30 -0500

SARPY COUNTY E-911 COMMUNICATIONS-Sarpy County, Nebraska
All minutes are considered "DRAFT" until they are
approved at the next meeting.

Minutes of the Meeting

COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM ADVISORY BOARD

November 5, 2003

5:30PM

The Communications Advisory Board Committee was convened in open and public
session on November 5,
2003, at 5:30 PM, in the Sarpy County Board Meeting Room. The following members
or alternates were
present: Len Houloose, Rod Buethe, Bob Roseland, Pat Archibald, Bob Lausten,
John Stacey, Travis Mayer,
Paul Wagner, Steve Betts, and Kelly Schrenier. Notice of the meeting was given
in advance by publication in
the Bellevue Leader and the Papillion Times.  Copies of the Proofs of
Publication are on file in the Sarpy
County Clerk’s Office.  All proceedings were taken while the convened meeting
was open to the attendance of
the public.

Mayer moved, seconded by Archibald, to approve the minutes of the July 2, 2003
meeting.  Motion passed
unanimously. Buethe moved, seconded by Betts, to approve the minutes of the
September 3, 2003 meeting.
Motion passed unanimously.

Director's Report: Peterson reported no problems with 800MHz radio system since
last meeting. Status of the
radio system upgrade included contract signing on October 21, 2003. Awaiting
scheduled date for technical
meeting with Motorola. A new 800 MHz FCC license was received on September 30th.
New call sign is
WPYQ729. Additional modifications to existing licenses for KRS248 and WPIK695
have been submitted.  This
will include adding Gretna tower as a site for our 155.55 MHz county paging
system; deletes an unused site
132/Platteview for our 453.90 MHz fire paging; adds the existing Springfield
Fire Station as a location for our
453.90 MHz fire paging; and adds Platteview Tower as a new site for 453.90 MHz
fire paging. These changes
were required to be submitted before the end of the year since a new FCC
requirement for 12.5 KHz spacing
will go into effect next year (our system is only capable of 25.0 KHz spacing).
The FY04 budget still awaiting
completion of union contract negotiations for dispatcher pay rates.  Sarpy
County received Phase 1 Wireless
reimbursement of $64,204 from the Wireless Fund on November 1st. This money was
deposited in the E911
Communications fund as revenue and will offset expenses this fiscal year. LRMS
upgrade problems were
discussed at a meeting held on October 29th. A get well plan was presented by
Printrak officials and a new
date for “go live” is set for December 15th. Additionally, Printrak provided a
new UDT server at no cost to
correct incompatibility issues. A draft SOG for stolen cruiser radio procedures
was distributed.  Comments
were requested to be addressed to the director after each law agency has
reviewed the draft.

President Houloose had no report. There were no further subcommittee reports.
After determining the agenda
for the January 7th, 2004 meeting, Mayer moved, seconded by Lausten, to adjourn
at 5:48 P.M.  Motion passed
unanimously.
http://www.sarpy.com/911/November%205,%202003.htm

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:36:23 EST

The reason for the new call sign is that they failed to renew their license, 
for a VERY long time.  One of our clients was coordinated for these 
frequencies, then Sarpy found out about their non-renewal, and although they didn't have 
to, our client agreed to look for other spectrum in the area.  Hence, a new 
call sign.

Alan T.

In a message dated 12/19/2003 3:57:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
A new 800 MHz FCC license was received on September 30th.
New call sign is
WPYQ729.