Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Iraq Reconstruction Contracts Briefing to Be Held in Washington, D.C., Wednesday, December 10

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 15:19:11 -0500

December 02, 2003 12:22 PM US Eastern Timezone
Iraq Reconstruction Contracts Briefing to Be Held in Washington, D.C.,
Wednesday, December 10

for Wed. (Dec. 10)

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 2, 2003--

Deidre Lee, Deputy Director of the IIRO, and Officials from the U.S. Army Corps
of Engineers, Halliburton
KBR and Others to Outline Necessary Information for Proposal Development

Equity International, a Washington, D.C.-based business development firm
announced today it will hold The Iraq Reconstruction Contracts Briefing on
Wednesday, December 10, 2003, 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM, at the National Press Club.
The briefing will provide the latest information on the reconstruction of Iraq,
including new requests for proposals being announced by the Iraq Infrastructure
Reconstruction Office, the new Pentagon office managing the $18 billion in
reconstruction funding recently appropriated by Congress.

IIRO Deputy Director Deidre Lee will provide the keynote address. Additional
confirmed speakers include Michael Mele, Iraq
reconstruction program manager, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; George Sigalos,
director of government affairs, Halliburton
KBR; and other government and industry leaders.

Confirmed participants include executives from Lockheed Martin, Raytheon,
Rockwell Automation, Foster Wheeler, The
Livingston Group, Nissan Motor Co, M/A-COM, Federal Security Systems, Danimex
Communications, Global
Transportation Systems, Applied Industrial Technologies, Comprehensive Health
Services, Washington Group International,
International Truck and Engine Corporation and many other firms. Diplomats from
Coalition countries will also be in attendance.

The cost to attend is $395. To register, visit www.rec-dev.com or
www.globalsecurity.bz.
Media: Admittance is complimentary for credentialed members of the news media
only.
-- Video/Audio mult boxes will be provided. Please call for special
accommodations.

Media Contact: To RSVP or to schedule interviews, please contact Candis Roby,
202-756-2244, [email-masked]

About Equity International

Since 1996, more than 4,000 corporate, government, and diplomatic leaders have
participated in Equity International's reconstruction conferences. The firm
organized the first international conference on rebuilding Iraq, held in
Washington on May 5, 2003, and convened additional Iraq reconstruction
conferences and briefings in July and August of 2003. Featured speakers included
U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Lincoln Bloomfield; U.S. Treasury Under
Secretary John Taylor;
Congressman Curt Weldon, Vice Chairman, House Armed Services Committee;
Congressman Christopher Shays, Chairman, House Subcommittee on National
Security, Emerging Threats and International Relations; key executives from
Kellogg Brown & Root, BearingPoint, Creative Associates and USProtect; and top
officials from the Coalition Provisional Authority, U.S. Army Corps of
Engineers, U.S. State Department, U.S. Treasury Department, U.S. Export-Import
Bank, U.S. Commerce Department, U.S. Small Business Administration and the
United Nations. The forums featured leading executives and diplomats from around
the world. Our Iraq forums and facilitation have been the subject of more than
100 major U.S. and international news media stories this year. For more
information, please visit www.rec-dev.com and www.globalsecurity.bz.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/