Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Test Equipment question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:56:04 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Test Equipment question

Howdy Trunking Forum Group,

I'm hoping some of you can help out with info on Test Equipment.  We
currently evaluating radio system test equipment needed for a new system
(either Astro SmartZone or Open-Sky).

Specifically, I'd like to hear from "Self-Maintained" owners of trunking
systems with 7 to 9 or more sites on the following:

1. How many sets of major test equipment (network/spectrum analyzers
like Motorola's R2670, etc.) do you own for you techs to use?

2. How many techs do you employ? (for infrastructure maintenance &
mobile/portable maintenance?)

3. What make/type of trunked system(s) do you own? (i.e. Moto, M/A Com,
etc & SmartZone, EDACS, etc.)

4. Do you feel that you have enough sets of test equipment or do you
need more?

5. For EDACS & Open-Sky system owners, are any of the test sets or
analyzers you use on your system proprietary or use unique protocol to
your trunked system similar to Motorola's R2670-FDMA series?

I really appreciate any info this group can provide on the subject.  You
can reply direct to me if you don't wish to share this info on the list.
Thank you very much!  And Happy Holidays!

Regards,
Ed
-.-. --.-  -.. .  -.- ----- .. .-..  -.-
 Eddie Edwards, Telecom Engr
 2-way, paging, wireless systems
 Omaha Public Power District
 (402)552-5425 phone
--... ...--  - ---  ..-  --- --  ...-.-
 ----      __o
  ----  _ \<,_
 ---   (_)/  (_)

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/