Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New 3G Wireless Partnership

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 08:49:19 -0500

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Dec2003/6200.htm
--

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

Deal
of the Week

on 3

FREE
DVD With 3G Phones on VT 750

Now
from Free

Just £35 p.m.

Free
3G Newsletter

Buy
3G Phones

Visit
3G Forum

Networks
Analyzer

Generation
UMTS

Gadgets

3

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES SEE BELOW

3G
HOME

New
3G Wireless Partnership

5th December , 2003

US
: Spirent Communications and Anite announced a partnership to speed
the delivery of third generation (3G) wireless terminal test systems
to the mobile industry.

Inset
is Charles Simmons, President of Spirent’s Wireless business who
is quoted below.

By
combining their complimentary technologies in joint marketing and development
activities, both companies will be able to increase their focus on core
strengths while broadening their respective product portfolios.

The
wireless industry is demanding more comprehensive 3G radio frequency
(RF) and protocol conformance test systems to help meet forthcoming
2004 terminal certification deadlines and the requirements of network
operators. Spirent brings to the partnership its UMTS Automatic Test
System (U-ATS), a test system that addresses the RF test cases in the
Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) terminal conformance specifications.

Anite
will jointly market the U-ATS as part of its product portfolio, replacing
the Anite U-RAMS 3G RF parametric test product. Anite will also play
a role in the ongoing support and development of the U-ATS solution,
helping to integrate Anite’s 2G SAT into the U-ATS to enable 3GPP
Radio Resource Management (RRM) test case coverage, including such critical
performance areas as handovers.

The agreement will also allow Anite to increase its development focus
on the U-SAT protocol conformance test system, which provides broad
coverage of the signaling test cases in the 3GPP terminal conformance
specifications. Anite and Spirent have already been working closely
together on development of a key element of the U-SAT solution, the
CS100 WCDMA network emulation platform acquired by Spirent from UbiNetics
in September 2002.

The
two organizations also plan to cooperate on development of test solutions
for high accuracy location technologies, in particular Assisted GPS
(A-GPS), which are being deployed in 2G and 3G networks to enable location
based services (LBS). Spirent will contribute its RF performance test
and GPS simulation expertise and Anite its protocol test expertise.

Daniel
Oosthuizen, Director of Anite’s Telecoms Division says: ‘We
are delighted to be extending our relationship with Spirent and believe
this significantly benefits our customers. We see the partnership with
Spirent as a win-win situation with each of us bringing complementary
expertise. By bringing our RF validation and GSM/GPRS expertise to development
of the U-ATS, we and Spirent can deliver a more comprehensive solution
to the market.‘

Charles
Simmons, President of Spirent’s Wireless business, commenting
on the partnership says: ‘Anite and Spirent already have a history
of working together to accelerate the deployment of 3G terminals, and
we are committed to further develop and strengthen this partnership
in the long term to the benefit of our customers.

Free
3G Phones 3

TODAY'S
PRESS RELEASES

New
3G Wireless Partnership

Spirent
Communications and Anite announced a partnership to speed the delivery
of third generation (3G) wireless terminal test systems to the mobile
industry.

Softbank
Apllies For 3G License

Softbank
has applied to Japan's Telecommunications Ministry for a license to test
a 3G technology, TD-CDMA.

3G
Players Combine

Powerwave
Technologies and LGP Allgon Holding AB have agreed to combine their businesses
in a strategic transaction

Vodafone,
T-Mobile Set to Acquire More 3G Spectrum

Telecom
Paper in the Netherlands has reported that Vodafone and T-Mobile are expected
to be the only bidders for two additional chunks of 3G spectrum

3G
1xEV-DO Advantages Over WCDMA

Wireless
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO (Data Only) technology has significant advantages over
WCDMA, the dominant UMTS technology

Ericsson
Lands Maxis 3G Contract

Ericsson
has been selected by Maxis Communications Berhad (Maxis) as its new wireless
partner for 2G and 3G deployment

Vodafone
Live : A Stepping Stone To 3G

As
Vodafone gear up to launch 3G wireless services it is becoming clear that
a number of emerging stepping stones are currently sliding into place.

Terminator
3 Via Wireless

T-Mobile
customers can now personalise their mobile phones with a Trigenix-enabled
Terminator user interface.

Nordic
Alliance Push Wireless Imaging

Scalado
and Open Bit are fully committed to develop applications that enhance
the imaging functionality in mobile phones

Lucent
Offers Wireless In-Building

Lucent
a suite of Professional Services that will enable mobile operators and
enterprises to improve voice and data coverage

Messaging
System To Assist 3G Take-Up

The
Tecnomen messaging system will provide enhanced voice mail services including
multimedia capabilities

Focus
on 3G 1xEV-DO

The
Congress is the largest event for the CDMA pan-American community, and
last year attracted more than 1200 delegates

Calypso
Wi-Fi Challenges 3G

Calypso's
technology enables cell phones and other mobile devices to automatically
detect an available wireless local area network and then seamlessly switch
between the signals

Bluetooth
Wireless Test Sets Validated

Anritsu's
MT8850A/MT8852A Bluetooth test sets have received "Test System Validation"
status from the Bluetooth Qualification Review Board (BQRB)

NTT
Expands 3G Network

DoCoMo
will continue to enlarge its FOMA service area, targeting 99% coverage
of Japan's population by the end of March 2004.

3G
Handset Sales Suspended

The
announcement comes just four days after KDDI's au mobile phone unit launched
a high-speed 3G service based on the CDMA2000 1x EV-DO format

3G
Home

3G
Forum

Subscribe
To Newsletter

3G
Press Releases

3

3G
Phone Zone

3G
Fun Zone

3G
New Launches

3G
Events

3G
Reports

3G
Directory

Advertise

All
Material Subject to Copyright. All logos, graphics and trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.

<script src="http://scripts.cgispy.com/randombanner/javarbanner.cgi?user=3Gtelecoms" language="JavaScript">
</script>