Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Comments On Better Coordination and Enhanced Accountability Needed to Improve Spectrum Management (GAO-02-096)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:05:46 -0500

The General Accounting Office (GAO) in Telecommunications: Better Coordination
and Enhanced Accountability Needed to Improve Spectrum Management (GAO-02-096),
recommends that the State Department, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
"jointly review the adequacy of the preparation process following the 2003 World
Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) and develop recommendations for
improvements." Since the conclusion of the 2003 WRC, NTIA has held meetings with
the FCC and the State Department to discuss GAO's recommendations. NTIA
initiated staff review and federal agency review of its own internal WRC
preparatory process, including the Radio Conference Subcommittee (RCS) of the
Interdepartment Radio Advisory Committee (IRAC). Similarly, the FCC initiated a
review of its internal processes used to prepare for the 2003 WRC and assessed
whether the process could be improved. NTIA is currently conducting an overall
review of the entire conference preparatory process and how the current process
can be improved or modified. NTIA requested the views of the industry and the
public in comments to be filed by November 24, 2003.

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/frnotices/2003/wrcrfc/index.html
======================================================================================

New York Satellite Industries, LLC and Final Analysis Communication Services,
Inc.
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/frnotices/2003/wrcrfc/comments/NYSFACS.htm

United States ITU Association
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/frnotices/2003/wrcrfc/comments/USITUA.pdf

Winstar Communications, LLC
 http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/frnotices/2003/wrcrfc/comments/Winstar.pdf

National Aeronautics and Space Administration
 http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/frnotices/2003/wrcrfc/comments/NASA.htm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/