Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Group of Finnish Companies Test Wireless TV

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:43:33 -0500

Group of Finnish Companies Test Wireless TV

A group of Finnish wireless communications companies and broadcasters are
set to trial new technology that will deliver TV to wireless devices.
TeliaSonera,
Radiolinja, YLE, MTV and Nokia along with the Finnish government are working
on a commercial service pilot. Five hundred users will test the service in
Helsinki beginning next September. The government will use the trial results to
decide if its digital terrestrial television broadcasting spectrum will be used
for
mobile datacasting based on the digital video broadcasting standard for
handhelds
===============================================================

Finns Test Mobile TV Services

(15/12/2003, BWCS staff) A consortium of Finnish mobile communications companies
and broadcasters will shortly begin trials of new technology designed to deliver
television broadcasts to mobile devices. Six companies including TeliaSonera,
Radiolinja, the national TV station YLE, MTV and Nokia are working with the
Finnish government to develop a commercial pilot of mobile broadcasting
services.

A group of 500 trial users are expected to begin testing service on the mobile
broadcast platform in Helsinki from next September.  The Finnish government will
use the trial to determine whether its fourth tranche of digital terrestrial
television broadcasting spectrum should be allocated for so-called mobile
datacasting services. The new services will be based on a new digital video
broadcasting standard designed for small mobile devices called DVB-H(andheld).

TeliaSonera and Radiolinja will provide the mobile and fixed line network
portions of the trial system. Internet Protocol Datacast (IPDC) specialist
Digita in partnership with Nokia will manage the delivery of the television
content to mobile devices. Broadcast content will be provided by YLE, MTV and
the commercial Finnish TV channel Nelonen.
http://www.bwcs.com/marketing/index2.cfm?subcat=4&id=1&findid=2523#2523?subcat=4&id=1&findid=2523

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:55:09 -0500

I have wireless TV already...........

It's called the DISH!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:54:56 -0000

So do I!  It's called "TV"

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> > http://www.bwcs.com/marketing/index2.cfm?
subcat=4&id=1&findid=2523#2523?subcat=4&id=1&findid=2523
> > Subscribe to Nextel-1: 
http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1
> > Subscribe to Nextel2: 
http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Rick Parrish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 01:14:35 -0600

>So do I!  It's called "TV"
LOL!

-rick

 

Yahoo! Groups Links