Subject: [NEXTEL-1] EFJ, Inc. Applies For Listing On NASDAQ SmallCap Issues Market

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:41:58 -0500

EFJ, Inc. Applies For Listing On NASDAQ SmallCap Issues Market

Lincoln, NE – December 8, 2003 – EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) announced
today that it has filed an application for listing on the NASDAQ SmallCap Issues
Market. Share of EFJ, Inc.  Common Stock currently trade on the OTC Bulletin
Board under the ticker symbol “EFJI” and will continue to trade on the OTC
Bulletin Board until the NASDAQ SmallCap listing becomes effective. EFJ’s
application for listing on the NASDAQ SmallCap is subject to approval by NASDAQ.

“We believe that the NASDAQ SmallCap listing is the best choice for us as we
look to raise the investment community’s awareness about EFJ, Inc.” said Michael
E. Jalbert, EFJ, Inc. Chairman, President and CEO. “We have been hindered in the
past as certain institutions and brokers have restrictions that keep them from
investing in or trading bulletin board stocks. With a SmallCap listing, we hope
to enlarge the investor base that can purchase our stock."

EFJ, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI) is the holding company of industry-leading
wireless telecommunications equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is
home to the EFJohnson Company, one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile
communications products compliant with federal government interoperability
standards, and Transcrypt International, a world leader in secure voice
communication solutions. 2003 marks the 80th anniversary of EFJohnson and the
25th anniversary of Transcrypt International. Headquartered in Washington, D.C.,
EFJ, Inc. has a team in place with experience in telecommunications and
government sales. EFJohnson Company and Transcrypt International are wholly
owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more information, visit www.efji.com.
Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute forward-looking
statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of
1995. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other matters, the
Company’s application for the NASDAQ Small-Cap market.  These forward-looking
statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause the
actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those
expressed, suggested or implied by the forward-looking statements due to a
number of risk factors detailed in the Company’s reports filed with the
Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10K for
the year ended December 31, 2002. The Company undertakes no obligation to
publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of
new information, future events, or otherwise. Readers are cautioned not to place
undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-08-2003/0002071188&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/