Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New test platform for PTT handsets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:54:27 -0500

New test platform for PTT handsets

Spirent Communications has announced a new Push-To-Talk (PTT) Test System. The
PTT Test System is a first-to-market solution for evaluating Voice Quality and
Delay Measurements associated with CDMA networks and handsets that support Voice
over IP (VoIP) PTT.

Leading North American CDMA carriers are looking to exploit the additional
revenue generation potential of their new PTT services and carriers around the
world have similar plans. The ultimate success of these services will depend on
the level of end user satisfaction, contributing factors to which include voice
quality, call setup delays and intra-call latency. There is therefore an urgent
need to accurately and repeatably qualify these performance parameters in the
networks and handsets that support PTT.
“The PTT Test System will help accelerate the widespread availability of an
exciting new technology for CDMA carriers and their customers,” states Rob
VanBrunt, vice president of wireless product marketing at Spirent
Communications. “By enabling systematic analysis of this new 3G phone feature,
the quality and repeatability of performance analysis is dramatically enhanced.”

Spirent’s PTT Test System is flexible and scalable to enable users to progress
from an over-the-air test solution to a fully integrated, automated lab-based
test solution. The PTT Test System is comprised of independent Test Nodes,
allowing tests to be performed in either transmission direction. The system
combines Spirent’s proven TestDrive test executive software for overall system
control and test management, Spirent’s Universal Diagnostic Monitor (UDM) for
automated mobile device control and monitoring, and Opticom’s industry-leading
OPERATM voice quality software package to create a scalable solution that meets
the analysis needs of both lab and field users.

Posted to the site on 09-Dec-03
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10264.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/