Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PadCom intros TotalRoam mobile data mgmt solution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:14:01 -0500

Press Release

PADCOM® FULFILLS MOBILE DATA
NEEDS OF BUSINESSES WITH THREE
FLEXIBLE PACKAGES OF TOTALROAM®

Bethlehem, PA

December 10, 2003

Padcom, Inc., an established leader in mobile virtual network solutions for
enterprises, announced today the creation of three flexible packages of its
patented TotalRoam® mobile data management solution. Through these three
packages - TotalRoam® MCS™, TotalRoam® MVN™, and TotalRoam® Connect™ - Padcom®
delivers a full range of options for customers who require entire wireless data
management solutions or separate elements to enhance their current system.

"Padcom® recognizes that clients value different aspects of TotalRoam's® broad
functionality depending on their size, industry, and network configuration,"
explained Scott Stone, SVP of Marketing & Sales with Padcom®. "We've created
optimal value for all of our clients by offering three tiers of service.
Businesses can implement exactly what they need without adding unnecessary
elements or incurring extra costs." 

The patented TotalRoam® platform is a comprehensive mobile data solution that
provides the advantages of a virtual private network (VPN) complimented by a
robust, multiple network roaming feature. TotalRoam's® unique, multiple, active
network roaming allows enterprises to transparently share information across
dissimilar networks. Other TotalRoam® benefits include: user-determined network
prioritization, static IP addressing, effortless connections with AutoReconnect,
advanced, end-to-end security, and reduced network load. All three solution
packages provide users with the TotalRoam® functionality of static IP
addressing, FIPS 140-2 certified encryption, and compression. The TotalRoam®
MCS™ and TotalRoam® MVN™ packages also offer a mobile router feature, enabling
users to route data between peripheral IP devices. 

TotalRoam® MCS™ helps enterprises seeking a fully managed, multiple active
network roaming solution. The unique benefits of TotalRoam® MCS™ include the
ability to better manage network costs and security by controlling users' access
to applications by associating applications with particular networks, and
automatically launching applications based on network availability. These
administrative controls can also restrict non-essential applications, such as
Internet access. TotalRoam® MCS™ can also be enhanced and modified using an
integrated API toolset and offers mobile device and application management
capabilities. 

TotalRoam® MVN™ meets the needs of enterprises seeking a roaming solution to
seamlessly combine dissimilar networks - CDMA, GPRS, and even WiFi and private
RF. It provides rule-based network prioritization, allowing enterprises to
choose from available networks depending on speed, costs, applications, etc. All
network switching is transparent to the user and the VPN connection is
effortlessly maintained. Additionally, users can implement either optimized
network interfaces, for added network efficiency, or universal interfaces for
ease of integration. 

TotalRoam® Connect™ addresses the needs of enterprises looking for a single
network solution to provide static IP addressing or a comprehensive virtual
private network. This package mitigates problems related to dynamic IP
addressing by maintaining a permanent, trusted static IP address, and preserving
the use of legacy software, agency databases, and "push" communications to field
agents. In addition to static IP addressing functionality, TotalRoam® Connect™
also enables the use of IP applications over non-IP networks. 

TotalRoam® solutions begin at under $10,000 with an investment of just $100/seat
to include additional users beyond the introductory 50 user package. 

About Padcom 
Padcom® is an established leader in providing mobile virtual network solutions
to enterprises, enabling wireless data and applications to work seamlessly
across multiple, active networks. 

About TotalRoam®
Padcom's TotalRoam® MCS is a software platform that helps clients manage all
aspects of wireless data communication, from security to the integration of
multiple infrastructures to the control over individual applications. TotalRoam®
enables roaming by creating a mobile virtual network capable of supporting any
combination of RF, CDPD, GRPS, and iDEN networks, as well as CDMA 1xRTT, and
802.11 hotspots. The software helps users stay connected to departments' servers
and databases, while roaming between dissimilar networks. The mobile virtual
network created by TotalRoam® MCS enables clients to improve coverage and
capacity for enterprises, enabling mobile workers to focus on their job, free
from worrying about when and how they will remain connected.

http://www.padcomusa.com/releases/tr3prods.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/