Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Decatur Council OKs tower lease

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:54:49 -0500

Decatur Council OKs tower lease

The Decatur City Council usually approves things that cost
money or occasionally save money, but members Monday
approved something that has been making money for the city.

The council OK'd Hemphill Corp. to sign a sublease with Nextel
so the company can put a wireless phone antenna on the
Hemphill tower at Point Mallard Park.

Revenue Administrator Ronne Harvell said the 100- by 100-foot
city tower plot has made the city more than $100,000 since the
tower was activated in June 2000. The sublease approved by
the council will put the tower over the $50,000 mark for annual
revenue generated.

Nextel will be the eighth telecommunications company with
equipment on the 100-foot tower, Harvell said. Hemphill also
leased a tower site at the city's southwest recreation area and is
expected to build there when it has telecommunications
customers for it, he added.

THE DECATUR DAILY
201 1st Ave. SE
P.O. Box 2213
Decatur, Ala. 35609
(256) 353-4612
[email-masked]
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/031216/tower.shtml

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/