Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Unstrung Publishes Results of Wireless Capital Spending Survey

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:16:40 -0500

Unstrung Publishes Results of Wireless Capital Spending Survey
Unstrung's wireless research service, known as Unstrung Insider, released its
Wireless Capital Spending 2003/2004 survey yesterday, which captures
information based on the potential for increased investment in network
equipment by wireless carriers in 2004. The survey finds that although most
carriers have reined in capital spending over the past 18 months, the industry
is
now spending an affordable amount that is sustainable over the long term.
These results and more information from the survey are available for purchase
at http://www.unstrung.com/insider.

========================================================

Unstrung Insider Analyzes Wireless Capital Spending Trends

NEW YORK, Dec. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Unstrung (http://www.unstrung.com) today
released "Wireless Capital Spending 2003/2004" -- a survey of capital spending
by wireless carriers around the world that assesses the potential for increased
investment in network equipment in 2004.  The survey, published by Unstrung's
wireless research service, Unstrung Insider (http://www.unstrung.com/insider),
finds that although most carriers have reined in capital spending over the past
18 months, the industry is now spending an affordable amount that is sustainable
over the long term.  "There is also a shift in investment patterns underway, so
the trick is to identify when and where carriers are spending cash, and what
they're spending it on," says Unstrung Insider research analyst Gabriel Brown.
"3G already dominates spending in Japan, and in Europe there are signs that it
is finally starting to take up the slack from the GSM blowout."
Among the Insider's highlights:
* NTT DoCoMo will spend $3.5 billion on 3G in the current financial year
* China Mobile will spend $15 billion on network infrastructure between
2003 and 2005
* Verizon Wireless is an example of how investment drives revenue, subscriber
growth, and profitability
* Capex is up significantly at T-Mobile and MMO2 -- and poised to increase
further
* Capex is down significantly at Orange and Sprint PCS

Unstrung Insider also includes detailed figures for capex-to-sales ratios over
time on a carrier-by-carrier basis, as well as data on revenues, debt, and
profitability.
* Wireless carriers analyzed in this report: China Mobile Ltd.
(NYSE: CHL); Cingular Wireless (subsidiary of BellSouth and SBC); KDDI Corp.
(Tokyo: 9433); MMO2 plc (London: MMO); Orange SA (London/Paris:
OGE); NTT DoCoMo Inc. (NYSE: DCM); Sprint Wireless (NYSE: PCS);
T-Mobile International AG (subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom); Verizon Wireless
(subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc.); Vodafone Group plc (NYSE: VOD).
The new report is available individually for $400, or as part of an annual
subscription to the monthly Unstrung Insider, which is regularly priced at
$1,250. The annual subscription -- 12 monthly issues and access to all archived
reports, as well as special features such as electronic news alerts -- will be
available for a limited time for a special introductory price of $899. To
subscribe or to get further information, go to: http://www.unstrung.com/insider.

Yours sincerely,

Gabriel Brown, Research Analyst, Unstrung Insider
Dan Jones, Editor, Unstrung Insider
Contact:  Blythe Teed
Marketing Manager
(212) 925-0020 x106
[email-masked]

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-16-2003/0002076412&EDATE=

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/