Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Missing 911 equipment sparks dispute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 01:46:14 -0500

Missing 911 equipment sparks dispute
By Bob Miller ~ Southeast Missourian

A $4,900 piece of Cape Girardeau County equipment lost during an office move is
at the center of a dispute between a local communications business and the
county government. At issue is who is responsible for a missing computer server
and whether county officials should have taken bids to replace it.

JCS Tel-link, a Cape Girardeau communications firm that frequently does business
with the county for 911 equipment maintenance, issued a letter to the county
commission questioning the county's bidding process.

David Hitt, the county emergency operations coordinator and the chairman of the
911 advisory board, responded with two letters to the commission, one that
points out that JCS was involved in moving the now-missing equipment, the other
saying that JCS has ordered other equipment for the county without approval.

http://www.semissourian.com/story.html$rec=126164

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/