Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Courting Las Vegas

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:14:28 -0500

Courting Las Vegas

By Wireless Week Staff
December 1, 2003

Can you see it now? It will be hard to miss the bold yellow monorail in Las
Vegas when it takes off next spring. Amid fireworks, confetti canons and
Vegas-style fanfare at a recent press conference, a Nextel Communications
Inc.-imaged train drove onto the scene above a crowd outside the Las Vegas
Convention Center. With 15,000 square feet, Nextel will have the largest
station on the $650-million, privately funded monorail system. The carrier's
branded station will be located across from the convention center and
showcase some of Nextel's enterprise-oriented products. The carrier didn't
disclose its investment in the deal but apparently expects to reap great
advertising benefits from it: Some 35 million people visit the city each
year. Initially, trains will run from 6 a.m. until 2 a.m., 365 days a year,
with the average ride costing $3. Naturally, Nextel hopes this marriage
lasts a while. It struck a 12-year deal that includes options to renew.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/article/CA338973?spacedesc=Departments&stt=000

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/