Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Phat Farm i733

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:58:31 -0500

Press Release Source: Motorola, Inc. 

Phat Farm and Motorola Unveil the Russell Simmons Phat Farm II 
Signature Motorola i733 Mobile Phone
Monday December 1, 10:00 am ET  
Phat Farm Motorola i733 is the Latest Phone Inspired by Music and 
Fashion Guru Russell Simmons 

NEW YORK and PLANTATION, Fla., Dec. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Just 
in time for the holiday gift-giving season, Phat Farm and Motorola 
(NYSE: MOT - News) today announced the Russell Simmons Phat Farm II 
Signature Motorola i733 phone. Inspired by Simmons, a music, media 
and fashion leader, this limited edition flip-style phone is a 
smaller, more advanced version of the original Limited Edition 
Russell Simmons Signature Motorola i90c mobile phone. Nextel 
Communications is the exclusive provider of wireless service for the 
new phone.
"Phat Farm and Motorola are leaders and innovators in their 
respective industries, making this alliance an excellent way to 
introduce ground-breaking products such as this phone," said Russell 
Simmons, CEO of Phat Farm. "Customized features and enhanced details 
make it functional without neglecting style; we're thrilled with its 
superior design and capabilities."

Weighing only five ounces and measuring 3.6 x 1.1 x 2 inches, the 
compact flip-style phone features the following: 

    -- chrome-like metalized finish
    -- Phat Farm logo that illuminates to indicate an incoming call
    -- Russell Simmons' signature and the Phat Farm mission statement
       inscribed on the back cover
    -- vibrant internal screen capable of displaying up to 65,000 
colors
    -- GPS location-based services, allowing users to access audible 
turn-by-
       turn driving directions, full-color maps, and local areas of 
interest.

"Based on the success of the first Russell Simmons limited edition 
mobile phone, Motorola and Phat Farm wanted to take this new version 
to the next level by incorporating more features and more style," 
said Peter Aloumanis, general manager, U.S. Markets Division, 
Motorola's iDEN® Subscriber Group. "This is another example of how 
Motorola and Phat Farm are working together to fuse function, 
fashion and lifestyle."

Additional features include assignable ring tones that allow users 
to easily identify important calls without even looking at the 
phone* and several pre-installed Java(TM) games, such as FOX Sports
(TM) Basketball and FOX Sports Boxing, both by Sorrent, and Black 
Jack by dwango®. Users can personalize their phone with several 
exclusive wallpaper designs selected by Russell Simmons such as Phat 
Farm logos, a picture of Russell Simmons, and a picture in memory of 
Jam Master Jay. Ring tones include "Get Busy", "In Da Club" and "One 
Minute Man".

The phone is available through Nextel retail stores, 
www.nextel.com , and by calling 1-800-NEXTEL9. Price is $399.99, 
which includes a matching pouch and earbud. Terms and conditions 
apply. Service is available through Nextel Communications in the 
United States.

About Phat Farm

Out of the contemporary American culture he helped to shape, Russell 
Simmons founded Phat Farm in 1992 as a young men's fashion label. 
Phat Farm has since evolved to include a wide range of apparel and 
accessories for men, women (Baby Phat) and children (Phat Farm 
Kids). Today, the menswear collection includes sportswear, 
outerwear, loungewear, underwear, footwear, bags and belts. Luggage, 
home and fragrance are in development. Key to Phat Farm's success is 
the brand's commitment to quality, innovation in design and support 
of the retail trade through strategic marketing and advertising. For 
the consumer, Phat Farm delivers a universal message that transcends 
the "urban fashion label" by breaking stereotypes and ethnic 
boundaries -- setting the new standard in sportswear and 
establishing Phat Farm as the complete American lifestyle brand.

About Motorola's iDEN Subscriber Group

iDEN handsets combine the capabilities of a digital wireless phone 
with "always on" Internet access, text pager, and two-way radio to 
enable users to instantly communicate with one or many individuals 
at the push of a button. For further information on iDEN handsets, 
visit www.motorola.com/iden .

About Motorola

Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT - News) is a global leader in providing 
integrated communications and embedded electronic solutions. Sales 
in 2002 were $26.7 billion. Motorola is a global corporate citizen 
dedicated to ethical business practices and pioneering important 
technologies that make things smarter and life better for people, 
honoured traditions that began when the company was founded 75 years 
ago this year. For more information, please visit: www.motorola.com .

Network and subscription dependent feature. Not available in all 
areas.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & 
Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the 
property of their respective owners.

Sorrent is a trademark of Sorrent, Inc. FOX Sports is a registered 
trademark of FOX Interactive Television, LLC. dwango is a registered 
trademark of Dwango Company, Ltd. Black Jack by dwango is a 
trademark of Dwango North America, Inc.

Java and all other Java-based marks are trademarks or registered 
trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.

To view or download images of the Russell Simmons Phat Farm II 
Signature Motorola i733, please visit

 http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031201/cgm009_1.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/