Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GSM test platform for South Korea

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:39:37 -0500

GSM test platform for South Korea

interWAVECommunications has received a contract from Telcoware, a mobile
communications technology provider and value-added reseller for interWAVE, to
provide the first-ever, GSM-based network infrastructure for the Korean IT
Industry Promotion Agency (KIPA).

interWAVE's solution, integrated with Telcoware's technology, will be used by
Korean developers to develop and test their applications with a GSM system. "We
are excited to further our scope and reach with this first-ever GSM contract in
Korea," said Bill Carlin, chief operations officer of interWAVE. "It brings us
great pleasure to know that our GSM-based solutions are enabling developers in
Korea to develop and test GSM applications."

"The flexibility of interWAVE's system allowed us to integrate our user
authentication software into the overall solution," said Jin-woong Chang,
oversea marketing manager for Telcoware. "The final system represents an ideal
solution for developing and testing GSM applications."

In this agreement, interWAVE will provide its WAVEXchange I Mobile Switching
Center (MSC), which in a cellular network connects the landline Public Switched
Telephone Network (PSTN) to the mobile phone system; its WAVEXpress TurboMAX BS
Plus, which aggregates and manages the communications between the networks'
switch and the radios; and two WAVEXpress TurboMAX Base Transceiver Stations
(BTS) or radios. In addition, Telcoware will integrate its Home Location
Register (HLR AuC), which is a database that recognizes and authenticates a
specific subscriber as a user on a network.
KIPA is a development agency in Korea that strives to further the exchange of IT
knowledge between Korean and foreign technology enterprises.

Posted to the site on 12-Dec-03
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10289.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/