Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Former Motorola Exec Sues Firm Over Firing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:24:27 -0500

Former Motorola Exec Sues Firm Over Firing

CHICAGO (AP)
November 30, 2003

A former Motorola Inc. executive is suing the company for $1 million over
his firing.

Robert Krolopp, who worked 23 years for the company and was vice president
and director of software development for its cell phone division, filed a
lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court claiming he was fired last year for
exposing misuse of a major client's contract payment.

Krolopp supervised more than 700 employees and oversaw part of Motorola's
contract with telecommunications company Hutchinson Whampoa Ltd., of Hong
Kong. The customer paid $32 million in July 2001 for development of software
for its phones.

The lawsuit, filed Oct. 31, says Krolopp and managers in other divisions
repeatedly asked to use part of the money to complete the work but weren't
allowed to until it was too late to meet a deadline to provide the software.

The lawsuit alleges that Krolopp complained in September 2002 to a senior
vice president, saying funds were diverted from the project to cover
operating deficits. It says that two weeks later Krolopp was suspended
without pay.

Motorola spokeswoman Jennifer Weyrauch said Sunday that company policy
prohibits discussing pending litigation.

Krolopp's lawsuit says company officials searched his e-mail messages after
his suspension and fired him ``for engaging in a relationship with a female
co-worker'' he supposedly supervised, though he denies having supervised the
worker.

Krolopp did not immediately return a phone call from The Associated Press on
Sunday.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/ap/ap_story.html/Financial/AP.V7517.AP-Motorola-Lawsui.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/