Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ballpark Pedicabs Launches New Global Positioning System in Pedicabs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:36:09 -0500

Ballpark Pedicabs Launches New Global Positioning System in Pedicabs
December 22, 2003 11:00am
Business Wire

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 22, 2003--Ballpark Pedicabs, San Diego's
premier pedicab company announces the launch of a TeleNavigation (GPS) System,
by Nextel, recently installed in their entire fleet of pedicabs. Ballpark
Pedicabs is the first Pedicab Company, located in the heart of Downtown San
Diego, to introduce such a technology. This technology allows Ballpark Pedicabs
to track where the entire fleet of bikes is, all the times, which provides
faster, safer and more convenient service for the public and allows advertisers
to track their mobile advertising in real time, with complete accuracy, to
actually see their advertising dollars at work.

Ballpark Pedicabs was already leading the industry with the best maintained
bikes and attention to details like safety for their riders. The company is
always developing better ways to improve their service to the public. This
addition of the TeleNavigation System, allows Ballpark Pedicabs to demonstrate
just how committed they are to stay on top of the industry.

The Nextel TeleNavigation (GPS) System provides the drivers with fast and easy
directions and keeps riders from waiting for transportation. It works as simple
as customers call Ball Park Pedicabs phone number, 619-233-RIDE, give the
central dispatch their location and when they need transportation. The central
dispatch then uses the GPS on their computer and tracks the nearest pedicab on
the screen, to have it waiting and ready for the customer. The tracking system
can also produce a map with all the locations that any of the bikes have been at
any point in time.

Ballpark Pedicab Owner Ira Fefferman added, "The addition of the Nextel
TeleNavigation System allows our Pedicabbers to continue to be the best in the
industry because of their quick response to waiting customers and the ability to
find a location with ease."

Due to the popularity of their well maintained and safe Pedicabs, Ballpark
Pedicabs is continuing to branch out their San Diego based company into other
major tourist cities and special events around the country.

For more information about 760 Media Inc., an award winning, international
advertising agency specializing in creative interactive marketing and
promotions, visit the Web site at www.760media.com or phone 760-603-8133.

http://www.hoovers.com/free/news/detail.xhtml?ArticleID=NR20031222290.2_35a30008620dbf20

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/