Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wavelink Links Up City Fire, Police

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:36:58 -0500

Wavelink Links Up City Fire, Police
 
By Karen Brown
December 16, 2003

The city of Aurora, Colo., will be using a Wi-Fi system
from Wavelink Corp. to boost its public safety force's communications.

The Denver suburb is expanding its wireless local area network using Wavelink's
NetMotion Wireless management software http://www.wavelink.com and gear provided
by Anyware Network Solutions  http://www.anywarewireless.com/index_framed.htm.

When complete, the network expansion will offer broadband data communications
for the city's public safety force, including 300 police and fire units across
the 145-square-mile city.

The data network will supplement dispatch communications, providing confidential
data such as mug shots, DMV and criminal records from the city's central
servers.

"Pulling up a mug shot used to take up to 50 minutes -- now it takes only 20
seconds," said Mike Bedwell, manager public safety systems for the city of
Aurora, in a release. "The combination of Wavelink and NetMotion's technology
enables our public safety officers to better access information through their
mobile devices and spend less effort transferring data to and from central
servers."

NetMotion Mobility allows enterprise network applications to flow over any
IP-based wireless network in a secure fashion. Its use of Applications Session
Persistence also pares down lost data and application crashes, even as users
move from network to network, move out of network range or interrupton their
devices.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=document&doc_id=129826&verticalid=34&vertical=Business+and+Finance&industry=&text=wavelink

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/