Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: iDEN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:55:57 -0500

They had AFU with emergency buttons that would place the Dispatcher and the
officer in their own talk group. SoCo made many custom modifications to
accommodate BPD/BFD.
======================================================================
"Emergency Call An Emergency Call is an option. This is a special situation of a
Wide Area Dispatch
Group Call that is given the highest priority. The priority allocates resources
for the
call, as well as preempts existing calls and call requests.
An Emergency Call is used to alert all members of the group of an emergency
initiated by a user. An emergency call is handled before any other call and is
intended to announce and open a line of communication in a dangerous situation.
For users with an Advanced Feature Unit (AFU) MS, a button on the MS generates
an Emergency Call. This option is provisioned in the DAP. The request triggers a

new call, or causes an in-progress call to be elevated to Emergency status.
Except for
the priority, the FNE processes an Emergency call like a Dispatch Group Call. An

Emergency Call can also be terminated at any time by the initiator or another
user
with an MS provisioned override the status. An optional advanced feature package
is
required for the Infrastructure to process Emergency Calls."

[email-masked] wrote:

> - lack
> of emergency alarm buttons, etc.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/