Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Worcester MA WX Radio Off Air For 2 Days

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:11:53 -0500 (EST)

BOSPNSBOX

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

National Weather Service Taunton MA

1017 AM EST Thu Dec 18 2003 

Worcester NOAA Weather Radio off the air 

The Worcester / Paxton NOAA weather radio station WXl93, on a frequency
of 162.55 mhz, has been off the air since Tuesday. There are telephone
line problems. The issue is trying to be resolved as quickly as
possible. 

For the latest information for your area, please refer to the web at
www.Weather.Gov and click on the state of Massachusetts. 

==============

There are possibly 500,000 people depending on this radio station. I
wonder if any of them are aware the station is off the air? There has
been no mention of this on the Boston area public safety radio channels,
nor on the Boston news media. Peter S

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/