Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Gets Flashier With Flarion

From: "Speidel, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:20:04 -0500

Anybody have any idea what spectrum is being used for this test, and/or how
1.25 MHz channels are being assembled to conduct the test? It is my
understanding the technology uses 1.25 MHz channels, not necessarily just
1.25 MHz of spectrum.
Did anybody ask those questions during the Lehman Brothers Conference call?

Bob 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 3:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel Gets Flashier With Flarion

Nextel Gets Flashier With Flarion
12.10.03

Nextel Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTL - message board) has bitten harder
on
the Flash-OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) bullet and is to
deploy more technology from alternative infrastructure startup Flarion
Technologies, following initial trials last year (see Nextel Trials
Flarion's
Flash).

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:45:49 -0000

--- In [email-masked], "Speidel, Bob" <speidelbo@t...> 
> Did anybody ask those questions during the Lehman Brothers 

The guys at the Lehmans deal wouldn't know the difference between an 
RJ-45 and a RJ-11.

The guard band is one half of the full channel, and channels can be 
stacked directly on top of each other. Just like CDMA.

A typical 3 sector 1.25mhz channel would handle ~90 simultaneous 
calls, and consume 5.0mhz of total spectrum, up and down links.

I hear they rented some 1900mhz from Nextwave, but not fully 
confirmed. Anyway it does make sense given the confidence of Timmy 
on the Scam Plan.