Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC - 12/18/2003

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:31:29 -0500

FCC OPENS PROCEEDING ON SMART RADIOS.   The FCC adopted a Notice of
Proposed Rulemaking and Order that sets forth proposals and seeks
comment on the use and applications for cognitive "smart" radio systems.
News Release. (Dkt No 03-108). Adopted:  12/17/2003. News Media Contact:
Lauren Van Wazer (202) 418-0030  OET. Contact Hugh Van Tuyl (202)
418-7506 or James Miller (202) 418-7351
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A4.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242312A5.txt> 

 FCC ADOPTS RULES FOR INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS TO ADVANCE
HOMELAND SECURITY AND TRAVELER SAFETY.   The FCC adopted licensing and
service rules for the 5.9 GHz Band (5.850-5.925 GHz band) for Dedicated
Short-Range Communications in the Intelligent Transportation Systems
Radio Service.  News Release. Adopted:  12/17/2003. News Media Contact:
Lauren Patrich at (202) 418-7944  WTB. Contact Nancy Zaczek at (202)
418-0680
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A2.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A3.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242309A3.txt> 

 STATEMENT OF ENFORCEMENT BUREAU CHIEF DAVID H. SOLOMON ON FIRST FCC
ENFORCEMENT ACTION UNDER THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY.   The FCC's
Enforcement Bureau Chief, David  H. Solomon issued this  statement
regarding a citation the Bureau issued to CPM Funding, Inc. d/b/a
California Pacific Mortgage for failure to honor the FCC's National Do
Not Call rules.  News Release. News Media Contact: Suzanne Tetreault at
(202) 418-1769  EB. Contact Suzanne Tetreault at (202) 418-7450 or Kurt
Schroeder at (202) 418-0966, TTY: 1 (888) 835-5322
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242324A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242324A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242324A1.txt> 

 NEXTEL COMMUNICATIONS PRESIDENT & CEO TIMOTHY DONAHUE TO CHAIR NEW
NETWORK RELIABILITY AND INTEROPERABILITY COUNCIL.  News Release. News
Media Contact: David Fiske at (202) 418-0513  OCH
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242139A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242139A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242139A1.txt> 
 Released:  12/18/2003.  EX PARTE PRESENTATIONS AND POST-REPLY COMMENT
PERIOD FILINGS IN PERMIT-BUT-DISCLOSE PROCEEDINGS.  OMD. Contact:
Barbara P. Chappelle @ (202) 418-0310
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242329A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242329A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242329A1.txt> 

 SPECTROTEL.   Granted the complaint regarding unauthorized change of
subscriber's telecommunications carrier. Action by:  Acting Deputy
Chief, Policy Division, Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau. Adopted:
12/15/2003 by ORDER. (DA No. 03-4012).  CGB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-4012A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-4012A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-4012A1.txt> 

 SIGNAL ONE, LLC.   Issued a monetary forfeiture in the amount of $8,000
to Signal One, LLC for failure to continuously exhibit all medium
intensity obstruction lighting on its tower during daylight hours.
Action by:  Chief, Enforcement Bureau. Adopted:  12/17/2003 by
Forfeiture Order. (DA No. 03-4021).  EB
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-4021A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-4021A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-4021A1.txt> 

Report No: AUC-03-53-F Released:  12/17/2003.  MULTICHANNEL VIDEO
DISTRIBUTION AND DATA SERVICE SPECTRUM AUCTION. (DA No.  03-3968)
Auction No. 53.  WTB. Contact:  Brian Carter at (202) 418-0660
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A1.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A5.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A6.doc>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A1.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A2.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A3.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A4.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A5.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A6.pdf>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A1.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A2.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A3.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A4.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A5.txt>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-3968A6.txt>

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/