Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Harris Corp. Helped Battle California Fires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:09:59 -0500

Harris Corp. Helped Battle California Fires

Harris Corporation, which offers high-speed wireless communications
networking technology for the U.S. military, says it played a significant role
in
helping battle the California wildfires that ravaged the southern part of the
state
earlier this fall. Harris' SecNet 11® Secure Wireless Local Area Network
(SWLAN) product was installed onboard firefighting helicopters where it helped
to reduce from four hours to just 18 minutes the time required to transmit
critical frontline data and video to the fire command center, greatly enhancing
situational awareness and facilitating more rapid firefighter response. Harris
SecNet 11® enables military and government users to communicate
multimedia information through an un-tethered, Type 1, secure wireless network
at an unprecedented 11 Mbps. (Source: Dow Jones)

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/