Subject: [NEXTEL-1] GSM-R solution deployed in Norway

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:07:31 -0500

GSM-R solution deployed in Norway

ORGA Systems and Sentori have announced the first commercial contract for their
combined "Over the Air" SIM Profile Management, GSM-R Provisioning and
Subscriber Management solution at Jernbaneverket, Norway's national railway
authority. As one of the early adopters of the International Union of Railways
(UIC) standard for railway communications, Jernbaneverket began to roll out
GSM-R over its rail network, which includes 700 trains, 3,800km of track, and
650 tunnels, in August 2003.
Jernbaneverket will use the ORGA Systems/Sentori solution, which is comprised of
ORGA Systems' "Over the Air" (OTA) SIM Profile Management system and Sentori's
3G Billing and Customer Care system, to provision, manage and bill for GSM-R
services. The joint solution is being delivered through Siemens AS, Oslo,
Norway, who is the primary GSM-R infrastructure provider for Jernbaneverket as
well as for many other railway operators worldwide.

"We selected Sentori and ORGA Systems based on their expertise in GSM and on
their record of success with other leading railway operators," said Florian
Walter, Project Manager Service Platforms at Siemens AS. "The ORGA
Systems/Sentori solution was superior to alternative offerings in terms of its
ability to meet the GSM-R standards as well as its scalability and ease-of-use.
Furthermore, these companies were able to meet Jernbaneverket's aggressive GSM-R
deployment schedule."
"Both ORGA Systems and Sentori are gaining momentum in Europe, where railway
operators are quickly deploying GSM-R networks," said John Bennett, Sentori's
President and CEO. "We expect other railway operators to follow Jernbaneverket's
lead in evaluating the ORGA Systems/Sentori solution as a highly innovative and
scalable provisioning and subscriber management system as they make the
transition to GSM-R. We look forward to collaborating with ORGA Systems on
additional customer opportunities."
"Sentori has shown itself to be a reliable partner in deploying a combined GSM-R
solution for the Norwegian railway," said Andreas Freund, Head of Marketing at
ORGA Systems. "We are convinced that this combined solution of Customer Care and
Billing and Over the Air SIM Profile Management is a very attractive offering
for railway companies."

Posted to the site on 11-Dec-03
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10279.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/