Subject: [NEXTEL-1] ITS Dedicated Short-Range Comms, SDR, & Cognitive Radio topic of FCC Open Meeting - December 17

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:56:01 -0500

FCC Open Meeting Notice

December 10, 2003

The Federal Communications Commission
will hold an Open Meeting on the subjects listed
below on Wednesday, December 17, 2003,
which is scheduled to commence at 9:30 a.m.
in Room TW-C305, at 445 12th Street, S. W.,
Washington, D.C.

Item 1

Bureau: OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY

Title:  Facilitating Opportunities for Flexible, Efficient, and Reliable
Spectrum Use Employing Cognitive Radio Technologies (ET Docket No. 03-108); and
Authorization and Use of
Software Defined Radios (ET Docket No. 00-47).

Summary:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Order
concerning the use of cognitive radio technologies to facilitate opportunities
for more
flexible, efficient and reliable
spectrum use.

Item 2

Bureau: WIRELINE COMPETITION

Title:  Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism (CC Docket
No. 02-6).

Summary:  The Commission will consider a Third Report and Order and Second
Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning the administration of the
schools and
libraries universal service
mechanism.

Item 3

Title:  Amendment of the Commission's Rules Regarding Dedicated Short-Range
Communication Services in the 5.850-5.925 GHz Band (5.9 GHz Band) (WT Docket No.
01-90); and
Amendment of Parts 2 and 90 of the Commission's Rules to Allocate the
5.850-5.925 GHz Band to the Mobile
Service for Dedicated Short Range Communications of Intelligent Transportation
Services (ET Docket No. 98-95,
RM-9096).

Summary:  The Commission will consider a Report and Order concerning
licensing and service rules for the Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC)
Service in the Intelligent
Transportation Systems (ITS) Radio Service in the 5.850-5.925 GHz band (5.9 GHz
band).

Additional information concerning this meeting may be obtained from Audrey
Spivack or David Fiske,

Office of Media Relations, (202) 418-0500; TTY 1-888-835-5322.

Audio/Video coverage of the meeting will be broadcast live over the Internet
from the FCC's Audio/Video Events web page at www.fcc.gov/realaudio.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-242056A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/