Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NYC: Planning Center launches Community Information Technology Initiative

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:21:19 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Anthony Townsend <[email-masked]>
Subject: NYC: Planning Center launches Community Information Technology
Initiative

http://www.myciti.org/

Planning Center launches Community Information Technology Initiative

Where's the nearest public garden? How many recreational facilities are 
in my neighborhood? Where has my community proposed a new park? Where 
is NYC2012 planning Olympic venues? What is the zoning of my block? 
These are some of the questions that New Yorkers may soon be able to 
answer through the Community Information Technology Initiative (CITI). 
Developed by the Municipal Art Society'sPlanning Center, in partnership 
with the New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG) and software 
company ESRI, CITI's website, www.myciti.org, is a newer, faster, 
online technology that will allow users to view, access and comment on 
information on land use issues in New York City. This unique system 
allows users to look-up information on subjects such as open space, 
administrative districts, transportation, planning proposals and more. 
The CITI pilot project will invite all 59 community boards to 
participate, and will provide 5 community boards (one in each borough) 
with training on how to use the interactive online mapping tools.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/