Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Southern LINC and Motorola Introduce Their Most Durable Mobile Phone, the Ruggedized Motorola i305 Handset

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:22:42 -0500

Southern LINC and Motorola Introduce Their Most Durable Mobile Phone, the
Ruggedized Motorola i305 Handset

Rain-Resistant Motorola i305 is Designed for Extreme Environments

ATLANTA and PLANTATION, FL – 4 December 2003 – Southern LINC®, the wireless
communications service from Southern Company (NYSE: SO), and Motorola, Inc.
(NYSE: MOT) today announced that the Motorola i305 handset, a ruggedized handset
that meets military specifications for shock, vibration, blowing rain, and salt
fog resistance, will be available for purchase through Southern LINC on Monday,
December 8.

“Many Southern LINC customers work in extremely demanding conditions, yet they
need a handset that provides the advanced communications features they have come
to expect from Southern LINC, such as long-range 2-way radio, phone, text
messaging and data access,” says Bob Dawson, president and CEO, Southern LINC.
“The Motorola i305 is designed for those who work and play in extreme
environments, including construction workers, field service personnel, public
service workers, and outdoor enthusiasts.”

“The Motorola i305 is the ideal phone for people who play as hard as they work –
and who expect their phone to do the same,” said Rey More’, senior vice
president and general manager, Motorola’s iDEN® Subscriber Group. “This phone is
tough enough to withstand a variety of risks, whether on the job site or on the
hiking trail.”

The Motorola i305 has a solid black rubber housing to protect it and give it a
non-slip grip, while a brushed aluminum bezel helps protect the lens from
scratches and shock. Advanced features include a 600-entry phonebook that allows
ten numbers for each contact, assignable audio caller ID* that lets users easily
identify callers without even looking at the phone, downloadable ring tones, GPS
capabilities, and Internet microbrowser*.

The Motorola i305 is packaged with an extra capacity battery that will provide
longer talk time and standby time. The Motorola i305 measures 5.03 x 1.29 x 2.32
inches and weighs approximately seven ounces with the high performance battery.

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/detail/0,,3606_3013_23,00.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/