Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC Fields Consumer Complaints

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:10:05 -0500

FCC Fields Consumer Complaints
BY MARK ROCKWELL
DECEMBER 9, 2003

WASHINGTON -- In its first official report since it imposed local number
portability
rules in the top 100 wireless markets in the United States, the FCC says it has
received 600 consumer complaints concerning the service.

Since Nov. 24, the commission said it had tabulated 332 complaints for AT&T
Wireless; 129 complaints for Verizon Wireless; 98 for Cingular Wireless; 94 for
Sprint PCS; 46 for Nextel Communications Inc. and 44 for T-Mobile USA.

The majority of the complaints in descending order of frequency were: problems
with shifting a number from one carrier to another; delays; and refusal or
failure
of carriers to port a number.

The FCC qualified the complaints, saying it "receives many complaints that do
not
involve violations of a commission rule or order. Therefore, the receipt of
these
complaints does not necessarily indicate any wrongdoing by any of the companies
involved." It added that it is analyzing the complaints further to "determine
what,
if any, violations occurred."

Additionally, it said the statistics "do not reflect the number of complaints
against
a particular carrier relative to the number of porting requests made to the
carrier.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=newsat2direct&starting=1&pubdate=12/09/03

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/