Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association Gears Up For Court Battle Re:02-55

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:32:07 -0500

Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association
December 4, 2003
Ms. Marlene H. Dortch
Secretary
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, SW
12th Street Lobby, TW-A325
Washington, D.C. 20554
Re: Ex Parte Presentation

WT Docket No. 02-55

Dear Ms. Dortch:

Please include the attached document in the 800 MHz proceeding docket (WT Docket
No. 02-55). The attached legal memorandum outlines how Nextel’s spectrum
proposal violates well-established licensing policy and qualifies neither as a
“channel swap” nor as a “license modification.” In particular, the proposal
would:

• violate the well-established policies underlying Section 309(j) of the
Communications Act and would circumvent the Commission’s standard license
assignment process;

• not qualify under the applicable law as either a channel swap or a license
modification; and

• require the Commission either to improperly ignore its statutory obligations
or to illegally use its Section 316 authority to “trump” its Section 309(j)
obligations.

Pursuant to Section 1.1206 of the Commission’s Rules, this letter is being
electronically filed with your office. If you have any questions concerning this
submission, please contact the undersigned.

Sincerely,

Diane Cornell
Diane Cornell
cc: Bryan Tramont
 Sheryl Wilkerson
Jennifer Manner

Sam Feder
Barry Ohlson
Ed Thomas
Jim Schlichting
John Muleta
Cathy Seidel
David Furth

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/