Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Marshall County, South Dakota To Get Grant Funds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:14:35 -0500

County To Get Grant Funds

 December 17, 2003

 Marshall County Sheriff Dale Elsen told members of the county board of
commissioners, in session Tuesday morning, about a number of grants coming to
the county for law enforcement.

A technology grant for $5902.70 is coming to the county through the South Dakota
Sheriff's Association. These funds will be used to purchase a digital camera for
each patrol car used by sheriff personnel plus some global positioning system
(GPS) equipment.

Another grant, for $1500, is coming to the county through the Terhuly Corp., a
corporation formed by members of the Hugh Schilling family. Schilling was the
president and CEO of Horton's Inc. when they established a plant in Britton.
These funds will be used to purchase equipment.

A third grant for $26,250 is coming to finance the purchase of new digital
radios to tie in with the Hillhead state radio tower. Sheriff Elsen indicated
that he had received an application form to seek an additional grant for the
purchase of more equipment.
The board approved a joint highway department agreement with Day County when
Highway Superintendent Dan Hook met with them. The county has a similar
cooperative agreement with Roberts County. The board took action to authorize
the purchase of a highway ditch mower from Marshall County Equipment for
$12,295. The board discussed snow removal in the Roy Lake Resort area but took
no action on the matter.

Board members approved an additional 25 cents per hour wage increase for highway
department employees effective in January. This will be in addition to the 25
cent per hour increase given county employees earlier. The action included a
provision that there would be no guaranteed overtime for highway department
employees in the future.
The board set Dec. 30 as the date for a hearing on a supplemental budget which
would provide $7500 for the court appointed attorney budget and $3600 for
emergency management.

The board delayed any action on the installation of a chair lift from the ground
floor to the second floor of the court house in order to get a quote from a
second supplier. The board took action to authorize the chairman to sign an
agreement with the state Department of Health for the county public health nurse
located in Britton. The county is to pay $5150, the same as for 2003, and
provide an office and pay the secretary as has been done in previous years.

Meeting as the county zoning board, three building permits were approved. Also
approved were minutes of the board's Dec. 2 meeting and payment of claims. Next
meeting of the board is set for Tuesday, Dec. 30.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1971&dept_id=175429&newsid=10675154&PAG=461&rfi=9

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/