Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Moto TETRA Network Goes Live

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:31:24 -0500

Moto TETRA Network Goes Live
11.26.03

COPENHAGEN -- Motorola Inc. (NYSE:MOT) today announces that, following the award
of the contract in February 2003, the TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) network
for use by the Isle of Man Government has been implemented within nine months,
ahead of the agreed schedule.

The $7.5m contract was awarded in February this year and was expected to be in
place and operational by December 2003. System implementation has been completed
ahead of schedule as a result of the successful working relationship between the
Isle of Man's dedicated project team and Motorola.
The Isle of Man system will support 16 different government organisations
including all three emergency services as well as other key users such as
transport, forestry, tourism and the utilities. Ultimately more than 1200
Motorola MTH650 portable handsets and over 480 MTM700 mobile radios will be in
use.
Robert Williamson, Technical Director, Department of Home Affairs Communications
Division of the Isle of Man Government commented: "One of the key criteria for
choosing the supplier of our digital radio network back in February was the
requirement that the company could deliver what we required in the very
demanding timescale. We are delighted with our decision as the project has run
very smoothly and we have our network up and running ahead of schedule."

Ian Heath, Account Director, Motorola added: "We have enjoyed working with the
Isle of Man team to deliver our Dimetra IP communications network. We are
delighted to have risen to the challenge and exceeded our customer's
expectations. Now that we have commissioned the network our involvement does not
end. We have an ongoing commitment to work in partnership with the Isle of Man
for a further five years."

The voice and data system in parallel with a separate initiative to establish an
Emergency Services Joint Control Room (ESJCR) enables secure communications
between police, fire and ambulance crews at emergency incidents from one central
multi agency location. The Motorola TETRA solution will be supporting a range of
applications including automatic location and fire fighter mobilisation.

Phil Braidwood, Minister for Home Affairs, Isle of Man Government and Carlos
Sartorius, Vice President Motorola CGISS, both agreed in a joint statement: "The
successful deployment of the Motorola TETRA network within the critical time
scales demonstrated the commitment of both parties. The Communications Division
and Motorola teams should be proud of their work and they have set a new
benchmark for others to follow."
http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=44082

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/