Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Transcrypt International Receives Orders Totaling $1 Million

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:44:37 -0500

Transcrypt International Receives Orders Totaling $1 Million

Lincoln, Nebraska – December 3, 2003 – EFJ, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: EFJI)
announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Transcrypt International, has
received a series of orders valued at a total of $1 million for communication
security products through its exclusive dealer in India, Arya Communications and
Electronics. The majority of the encryption boards ordered will be used in
Motorola radios.

“We are excited to be able to continue this valuable partnership with Arya
Communications and we look forward to continuing this prosperous relationship,”
said Mike Kelley, general manager of Transcrypt International. “Transcrypt
currently provides encryption products on over ten thousand communications
systems in more than 120 countries and we look forward to increasing our
world-wide presence in the communications security market.”

"Over the last 7 years of partnership with Transcrypt, we are delighted to have
sold and supported a large number of Transcrypt's encryption products among
Indian defense, paramilitary, police and other public safety customers," said
Rajen Kaul, President & CEO of Arya Communications & Electronics. "We, at Arya
Communications are proud to be Transcrypt's Partner-of-Choice with 100% market
share in India." For more information on Arya Communications, visit
www.aryacom.com.

Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2003, Transcrypt International is a leader
in secure voice communication solutions for international, commercial and
government customers, delivering land mobile radio security products in over
2,500 different configurations, on over ten thousand communication systems in
more than 120 countries since 1978. The company designs, manufactures, and
markets information security hardware and software that utilizes sophisticated
scrambling and encryption techniques to protect sensitive voice and data
transmissions. For more information, visit www.transcryptsecure.com.
EFJ, Inc. is the holding company of industry-leading wireless telecommunications
equipment and solutions businesses. EFJ, Inc. is home to the EFJohnson Company,
one of the first developers of Project 25 mobile communications products
compliant with federal government interoperability standards, and Transcrypt
International, a leader in secure voice communication solutions. 2003 marks the
80th anniversary of EFJohnson and the 25th anniversary of Transcrypt
International.  EFJ, Inc. has a team in place with experience in
telecommunications and government sales.  EFJohnson and Transcrypt International
are wholly owned subsidiaries of EFJ, Inc. For more information, visit
www.efji.com.

Certain matters discussed in this press release constitute forward-looking
statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of
1995. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other matters, the
Company’s continued development of Project 25 products and infrastructure
equipment, and the Company’s future financial performance and position. These
forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that
could cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially
from those expressed, suggested or implied by the forward-looking statements due
to a number of risk factors including, but not limited to, the level of demand
for the Company’s products and services, dependence on continued funding of
governmental agency programs, and other risks detailed in the Company’s reports
filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report
on Form 10K for the year ended December 31, 2002.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-03-2003/0002068591&EDATE=

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/