Subject: [NEXTEL-1] National Emergency Number Association- Report on Strategic Wireless Action Team (SWAT) –

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:47:32 -0500

National Emergency Number Association
The Voice of 9-1-1
December 5, 2003
MEMORANDUM
TO: NENA Members
FR: John Melcher, Chair, NENA SWAT Initiative
 Richard Taylor, President

RE: Report on Strategic Wireless Action Team (SWAT) –

Accomplishments and Next Steps

As you are aware, in November 2002, NENA launched its Strategic Wireless Action
Team (SWAT) initiative to examine issues affecting the timely deployment of
advanced emergency services throughout the country, with an emphasis on wireless
enhanced 9-1-1 (WE9-1-1) and the future path of the industry.  With the major
initial projects stemming from SWAT coming to a close soon, we want to brief
you, on behalf of the Board, about what has been accomplished and what happens
next.  SWAT was predicated on the belief that we could accomplish a great deal
if we brought the “right” people to the table and organized a results-oriented
discussion, with financial support from the PSAP Readiness Fund, created by
Nextel. NENA convened technical and operational experts and other national
leaders to identify the steps needed to overcome current obstacles and assure
continuous improvement in 9-1-1 systems throughout the country. We made a
special effort to build on the ongoing work of other organizations, while
bringing new resources, participants and vision into the process.  Many of you
made valuable contributions to this process, for which we are very grateful.

http://www.nena.org/NENA%20Membership%20SWAT%20Report%20dc%20120203%20Final.pdf

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/