Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:21:44 -0500

================================================================
Wireless Design Online Newsletter - http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com
Tuesday, December 16, 2003
================================================================

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED ARTICLES
-------------------------------------  

1) New Partnership Yields High-performance, Cost-effective Embedded Wireless
Solutions
2) Intel To Combine Communications Groups
3) New Bluetooth Feature Reduces Interference of Devices Operating in 2.4GHz
Spectrum

---------------------------------------

1) New Partnership Yields High-performance, Cost-effective Embedded Wireless
Solutions

Radiotronix Inc. and XEMICS SA announced a strategic partnership, under which
the two companies will work together to develop solutions and markets for
embedded wireless modules based on XEMICS wireless integrated circuits...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64913/793725

2) Intel To Combine Communications Groups

Intel announced it is combining its communications-related businesses into a
single organization: the Intel Communications Group (ICG). Intel's
communications efforts have been divided between ICG and the Wireless
Communications and Computing Group (WCCG)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64914/793725

3) New Bluetooth Feature Reduces Interference of Devices Operating in 2.4GHz
Spectrum

At Bluetooth Americas, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group Board of Directors
came together to publicly discuss for the first time ever the many challenges
and opportunities Bluetooth wireless technology faces. One of the several topics
discussed was Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH), a new feature of the Core
Specification Version 1.2 that was adopted by the Bluetooth SIG last month...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64915/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED DOWNLOAD
-------------------------------------

"Circuit Designer's Notebook: Capacitor ESR Measurement Technique"
Published by: American Technical Ceramics Corp.

Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) is the summation of all losses resulting from
dielectric (Rsd) and metal elements (Rsm) of the capacitor. Dielectric loss
tangent of ceramic capacitors is dependant upon specific characteristics of the
dielectric formulation, level of impurities, as well as microstructural factors
such as grain size, morphology, and porosity (density)...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64919/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED PRODUCTS
-------------------------------------
  
1) WISMO Flex F1106 GSM/GPRS Platform
2) Quartz Crystal Resonators
3) BCAP0008 Ultracapacitors

---------------------------------------

1) WISMO Flex F1106 GSM/GPRS Platform

The WISMO Flex F1106 GSM/GPRS platform consists of four main discrete elements,
which provide baseband, RF, power management and audio filtering. That leaves
your development team free to select the memory chips, coprocessors or
peripherals best suited to your design. Downloadable product datasheet
available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64916/793725

2) Quartz Crystal Resonators

In a Corning quartz crystal, a thin slice of quartz is placed between two
electrodes. An alternating voltage applied to these electrodes causes the quartz
to vibrate, or oscillate, at a particular frequency. The frequency is a function
of the thickness of the crystal. Downloadable product catalog available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64917/793725

3) BCAP0008 Ultracapacitors

With a capacitance of 1800 farads at 2.5 volts, and in a cylindrical 50 x 172 mm
package, Maxwell's BCAP0008 ultracapacitor is ideal for automotive subsystems,
medical devices, UPS/backup power, and many other applications requiring a pulse
of energy that cannot be efficiently provided by a battery or power supply
alone. Downloadable product datasheet available...
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64918/793725

------------------------------------- 
FEATURED BOOK
-------------------------------------

"Oscillator Design and Computer Simulation"
By Randall W. Rhea

This second edition of the number one guide to oscillator design presents a
comprehensive, unified approach to oscillator design that can be used with a
wide range of active devices and resonator types. Valuable to experienced
engineers and to those new to oscillator design. Resonator types covered
include: L-C, crystal, SAW, dielectric resonator, coaxial line, stripline and
microstrip. Covers modern CAD synthesis and analysis techniques.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64920/793725

------------------------------------------------------
COMPLIMENTARY RCR WIRELESS NEWS SUBSCRIPTION
------------------------------------------------------

For over 20 years RCR Wireless News has been a timely, authoritative,
indispensable source of news for the wireless community. Every week, RCR
delivers news of technology, new products, mergers, regulatory action, financial
news... and much more.
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64921/793725

-------------------------------------
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
-------------------------------------

Thinking About Continuing Your Education?
Let us help you find the right school for you. Whether you would like to get an
Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree we can help you
pinpoint which schools to choose from. Answer a few basic questions and we will
match you up with the right schools that fit your needs and send you free
information about each. Request Free Information from Schools! 
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64922/793725

-------------------------------------
INDUSTRY EVENTS
-------------------------------------

WIRELESS SOLUTIONS
IIR Telecommunications and Technology conferences focus on wireless solutions,
including profitability and next-generation strategies, indoor coverage and
capacity, prepaid services, WLANs and WiFi technologies, and more. We encourage
you to visit IIR Telecoms and technology's web site for a complete listing of
upcoming events!
http://www.wirelessdesignonline.com/nl/64923/793725

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/