Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC's VoIP Forum

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:21:34 -0500

FCC's VoIP Forum

FCC Staff On VoIP

FCC Precedents regarding VoIP
http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/fcc-wcb.pdf

VoIP Panel I - What is VoIP? 

The first panel will address technical and market issues surrounding VoIP
service. Panelists will be asked to describe the technology and capabilities of
VoIP, and how VoIP can be used to offer end users lower-cost, innovative
services with capabilities previously unavailable in voice communications.
Panelists will address how the FCC might distinguish among the numerous services
employing VoIP, and whether it could feasibly distinguish between VoIP and other
IP-enabled applications facilitating communication (ranging from e-mail to
instant messaging to videoconferencing to interactive online gaming).
 
Kevin Werbach, Founder, Supernova Group

http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/werbach.ppt

Charles H. Giancarlo, SVP & General Manager
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Jeff Pulver, President & CEO, Pulver.com

http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/pulver.ppt

John Hodulik, Managing Director, Communications Group, UBS

http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/hodulik.doc

John Billock, COO, Time Warner Cable

http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/billock.doc

VoIP Panel 2 - VoIP and Public Policy

The second panel will address public policy questions raised by VoIP. Panelists
will be asked to address what, if any, regulatory obligations currently imposed
upon traditional circuit-switched voice service providers should be placed upon
VoIP providers and whether from either legal or technical perspectives such
obligations are feasible. Panelists may focus on traditional utility regulatory
issues such as non-discrimination and price regulation as well as social
policies such as access by persons with disabilities, universal service, CALEA,
and E911. 

Michael Gallagher, Acting Assistant Secretary
Department of Commerce

Commissioner Carl Wood
California PUC

Commissioner Charles Davidson, Florida PSC
Link to presentation:
http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/davidson.ppt

James Crowe, CEO
Level3

Tom Evslin, CEO
ITXC

Jeffrey Citron, CEO, Vonage
Link to presentation:
http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/citron.doc

Dr. Gregg Vanderheiden, Rehabilitation Engineering Research Project on
Telecommunications Access
University of Wisconsin
Link to presentation:
http://www.fcc.gov/voip/presentations/vanderheiden.doc

The VoIP Forum was webcast live and is also archived for later viewing. Access
to and additional information concerning the webcast is available at
http://www.fcc.gov/realaudio/

http://www.fcc.gov/voip/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/