Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Illinois network switches to GSM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:02:35 -0500

Illinois network switches to GSM

First Cellular of Southern Illinois has selected Ericsson to overlay its
existing 850 MHz CDMA network with a GSM/GPRS network.  According to the
two-year US$5.5 million deal, deployment will begin immediately.

Under the terms of the contract, Ericsson will deploy a complete EDGE-ready
GSM/GPRS network throughout First Cellular's coverage area in southern Illinois.
In addition, Ericsson will provide installation, engineering, testing and
program management support, and optimization services. The contract is the first
between the two companies.

"We believe advanced services are important to rural America and First Cellular
is pleased to be working with Ericsson in delivering those services to our
customers," said Terry Addington, President and Chief Executive Officer of First
Cellular of Southern Illinois.

Posted to the site on 03-Dec-03
http://www.cellular-news.com/story/10231.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:48:27 -0500

Hey Sparkie,

Here is a switch.........
From CDMA to GSM.

This must be a real small system $5.5M for the overlay.....
Sounds like a 100 site or less Network.

Ericsson most have given them a cheap price.