Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hollywood Commissioners consider fire, police radio link

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:23:43 -0500

Broward County news briefs

Posted December 2 2003

Hollywood Commissioners consider fire, police radio link
After much discussion about the prospects of getting local fire and police
departments on theBroward County radio system, Hollywood is considering a $5.3
million agreement with Motorola that would link the city with the county system.

City commissioners are scheduled to vote on a resolution Wednesday that calls
for purchasing
the same type of Motorola radios and equipment used by the county and getting
rid of Hollywood's 10-year-old radio system.

The move would expand the city's resources, said John Barletta, Hollywood's
director of technology.
"Being on a different radio system makes it more difficult to interact with
other cities," Barletta said.
"Under a shared system you have access to more information and can make better
decisions," he said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-c3bdig02dec02,0,5620203.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/