Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel: Are they exceeding their license authority?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:54:06 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: Smokey Behr <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Nextel: Are they exceeding their license authority?

Forgive me for being naive, but I had a thought the other day, and it
went something like this:

Since Nextel is licensed as an ESMR with interconnect, and not a
cellular service, and they use the SMR frequencies, shouldn't they
have licenses like any other SMR/TRS that specify the power and
frequency for a given location?

If they're exceeding the ERP (EIRP) that they're licensed for, or
they're transmitting on a frequency that is not licensed to a
particular location, shouldn't they have to face fines or revocation
like any other licensee?

I haven't seen this line of thought anywhere else in print or on the
'net, so that's what I've come up with. Any thoughts?

-- 
John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
IPN-CAL023 N5VZQ UP Fresno Sub MP183.5
List Owner x6, Moderator x4.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:28:57 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
From: "sparkie_rf" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: Nextel: Are they exceeding their license authority?

Smokey,

Nextel is a perfect example of an old rule, "When you compete in a 
regulated business, the most important skill is knowing how to deal 
with the regulators." Period. eos.

Ask yourself two simple questions:
1) How many national carriers were founded by a former head of the 
FCC wireless division?
2) How many national carriers have a former FCC chairman on its 
board?

Look the other 5 national carriers are pure amatuers in their 
dealings with the FCC. But it really doesn't matter wrt the (scam) 
Swap Plan, because if the FCC grants Nextel its wishes (demands???), 
the whole thing is going to the courthouse ASAP.

By the time the courts get done with the matter, Nextel would've 
been better off encouraging an accelerated schedule of addition 
spectrum.

Yahoo! Groups Links