Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola to Name Zander as New CEO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:02:51 -0500

Motorola to Name Zander as New CEO   

CHICAGO (Reuters)
December 15, 2003

Motorola Inc., the world's No. 2 cell phone maker, will name former Sun
Microsystems Inc president Edward Zander
as its chief executive officer, a source close to the situation said on Monday. 

The announcement could come as early as Tuesday, said the source, who asked not
to be identified. 

The other leading candidate is Motorola President Mike Zafirovski, according to
sources close to the situation. 

Another outside executive mentioned as a candidate for the CEO's job is Betsy
Bernard, former president of AT&T Corp.

With Motorola struggling with delivery problems of some wireless phones, Wall
Street sees the decision as crucial to
the company's growth prospects. 

Motorola Chairman and Chief Executive Christopher Galvin announced in September
that he would resign as soon as
a replacement was named. 

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=businessNews&storyID=3997194

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/