Subject: [NEXTEL-1] OPTIMUS Participates in Interoperable Emergency Communications Drill in Northern Shenandoah Valley

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:53:28 -0500

OPTIMUS Participates in Interoperable Emergency Communications Drill in Northern
Shenandoah Valley
SILVER SPRING, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 15, 2003--

Leading Interoperable Technologies for Emergency Responders Put to Work in Live
Demonstration

OPTIMUS Corporation, a leader in public safety technology, today announced that
the company will participate on
Thursday, December 18, in a live drill of leading interoperable emergency
communications technologies in Northern
Shenandoah Valley. The demonstration, taking place at the Shenandoah University
Health Professions Building in
Winchester, Virginia, is part of the Northern Shenandoah Valley (NSV) Integrated
Intelligent Transportation System
(ITS)-Public Safety Initiative. Led by Valley Health Systems and the ComCARE
Alliance and supported by a grant from the
Virginia Department of Transportation, the system is designed to significantly
enhance communications capabilities for emergency response agencies and their
staff. As part of the drill, Northern Shenandoah Valley emergency personnel will
utilize Michaels Fire and EMS, delivered by OPTIMUS Corporation, to streamline
pre-hospital communications.
A completely mobile system, Michaels provides wireless, uniform access to
critical assessment, triage and reporting data
needed to effectively mitigate and respond to emergency situations - helping to
break down communication and coordination
barriers. With Michaels as part of an overall interoperable emergency
communications system, Northern Shenandoah Valley
emergency medical system (EMS) professionals will be able to receive important
incident and patient data on the way to an
incident, gather information from the first point of contact - and share it with
the hospital before arrival. This will enable first
responders to more effectively determine real-time responses. The system also
will enable the Northern Shenandoah Valley to immediately view hazardous
material (hazmat) data to better protect emergency workers and citizens.
"We are extremely pleased to be a part of the Northern Shenandoah Valley
ITS-Public Safety Initiative to help demonstrate
the power of interoperable technology to save lives," said Eric Adolphe,
President & CEO of OPTIMUS Corporation. "It is an
honor to be joined with so many other public safety and industry visionaries and
we look forward to the opportunity to take this model to additional regions
across the United States."
"The Northern Shenandoah Valley ITS-Public Safety Initiative represents a
significant advance for the region, and for emergency response," stated Dr. Jack
Potter, Chairman of the NSV Steering Committee and Director of Emergency Medical
Services at Valley Health Systems. "What we will being showing Thursday signals
a true breakthrough for emergency personnel as it sets a new standard for open,
efficient and fully coordinated communication."
The Northern Virginia Shenandoah Valley ITS - Public Safety Initiative includes
numerous, leading public safety technologies
and is designed for all hazards (from bio-terrorism to vehicle crashes to
traffic diversion). Because it is based on
standardized, published interfaces and common XML data sets, unaffiliated
organizations can "hook up" with relatively little
effort. Emergency response participants in the NSV ITS Public Safety Initiative
include:
-- City of Winchester Fire and Rescue
-- Clarke County Emergency Communications Center
-- Frederick County Fire and Rescue
-- Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission
-- Page County Emergency Operations Center
-- Page Memorial Hospital
-- Rockingham Memorial Hospital
-- Shenandoah County Fire and Rescue
-- Shenandoah Memorial Hospital
-- Virginia State Police - Culpeper Headquarters
-- Virginia State Police - Winchester Headquarters
-- Virginia Department of Transportation
-- Warren County Fire and Rescue
-- Warren Memorial Hospital
-- Winchester Medical Center

About OPTIMUS Corporation
OPTIMUS Corporation enhances public safety and quality of life through
innovative, customer-driven solutions. OPTIMUS
products and services increase efficiency while reducing transaction costs,
enabling governments and organizations to
significantly improve service delivery. Since 1992, OPTIMUS has been helping to
ensure public safety and our nation's vital
infrastructure. OPTIMUS has provided tools and services in mission critical
environments at the U.S. Coast Guard, Department of Defense, District of
Columbia Government, Environmental Protection Agency, Federal Aviation
Administration, Federal Highway Administration, National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration, NASA, and others. For more information, visit
www.optimuscorp.com.
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20031215005552&newsLang=en

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/