Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Craig McCaw leaves Nextel Board

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:00:18 -0500

RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 1, 2003--Nextel Communications Inc.
(NASDAQ:NXTL - News) today announced that Craig O. McCaw has resigned
his seat on Nextel's Board of Directors, effective today. McCaw has
made the decision to leave the Board, on which he has served since
1995, in order to focus his time and energy on pursuing new
opportunities in the telecommunication arena and to make room for the
addition of independent directors to the board.

"I take great pride in all that the Nextel team has been able to
accomplish over the past eight years," said Craig O. McCaw. "Beginning
in 1995, when we worked with the Galvin Family and Motorola to
restructure Nextel's service offering, we succeeded in turning the
company around and implementing our vision for a company that used
differentiated technology to provide customers with a unique,
high-quality mobile service instead of simply being another 'me too'
cellular carrier. Working with Nextel's unparalleled management
leadership to establish this vibrant business and grow stockholder
value has been one of my most rewarding and exhilarating experiences.
The actions of the current Board and Management, especially during the
past year and half, have helped position the company to succeed -
financially, technologically and in every other significant measure.
Nextel has become the pace setter for the telecommunications industry
and is performing extremely well. I leave with confidence that Nextel
will continue to provide innovative, differentiated services and
sustain its status as the best performing mobile services company."

"Nextel is the successful company it is today in large part due to the
leadership and vision Craig has brought to the company over the years.
He played a vital role in Nextel's success - as an investor, an
advocate, and an active member of our Board of Directors - and we will
greatly miss his involvement," said Bill Conway, Chairman of the Board
of Nextel.

Added Tim Donahue, president and chief executive officer of Nextel, "I
personally appreciate all that Craig has contributed to Nextel's
success during his eight years on our Board. He will always be part of
the Nextel family." 

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20031201005805&newsLang=en

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/