Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NYT Items

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:27:35 -0500 (EST)

New Intel Chip for Digital TV Could Remake the Market 

By JOHN MARKOFF 

Technologists say advanced semiconductors will improve the quality of
large-screen digital televisions and substantially lower their price. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/17/technology/17chip.html?th 

(Maybe 700 Mhz will be available for public safety use someday)

.................. 

Motorola Picks an Outsider to Be Its Chief Executive 

By BARNABY FEDER 

Motorola has chosen a highly regarded outsider from Silicon Valley,
Edward J. Zander, to succeed its retiring chief. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/17/technology/17motorola.html?th 

.................. 

Bush Signs Law Placing Curbs on Bulk Commercial E-Mail 

By JENNIFER 8. LEE 

President Bush signed a law to ban the sending of bulk commercial e-mail
messages using false identities and misleading subject lines. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/17/technology/17spam.html?th 

Firefighter From Post-9/11 Class Dies in Warehouse Blaze 

By SHAILA K. DEWAN 

Thomas C. Brick became the first New York City firefighter to die by
fire since Sept. 11, 2001, when he died yesterday battling a warehouse
fire. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/17/nyregion/17FIRE.html?th

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/