Subject: [NEXTEL-1] City of Henderson, Nevada Accepts Motorola Integrated Digital Justice Solution(TM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:20:03 -0500

City of Henderson, Nevada Accepts Motorola Integrated Digital Justice
Solution(TM)
(DJS(TM))

System Streamlining Information Sharing for Nation's Fastest Growing City

SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Dec. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The City of Henderson,
Nevada has fully accepted an Integrated Digital Justice Solution from
Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT). The solution, which enables Henderson to share
information among the city's various departments, includes Motorola's Computer
Aided Dispatch (CAD), Records Management (RMS), Corrections Management,
Automated Fingerprint/Palmprint Identification (AFIS), Livescan and Mugshot
technologies.

Henderson's integrated information network is the first of its kind in
North America and includes the city's police and fire departments, the
municipal courts and the City Attorney's office.

"Just in the short time that we have been using the DJS system we have
seen a significant savings in money, time and resources," said Police Chief
Michael Mayberry. "This technology is a truly valuable asset to our
organization."

The Henderson DJS includes, Omnitrak(TM) AFIS/Palmprint Identification
Technology, which is the first operational palmprint system in the state of
Nevada. The city is responsible for processing an average of 3,000 to 4,000
criminal fingerprint submissions and 12,000 bookings per year.
With over 250,000 calls for service per year it was imperative that
Henderson be able to implement a system that could adjust to its growing
population and increasing call volumes. With Motorola's Premier CAD(TM),
Henderson agencies are now able to work from the same incident data and
dispatchers will immediately know what resources have been committed. This is
especially valuable during major events that require a multi-agency response.
Motorola's Premier CAD system was deployed as part of the first phase of
the project. Infotrak LRMS(TM), Offendertrak(TM) and Omnitrak were implemented
simultaneously in mid-2003 as part of phase II.

Henderson is the nation's fastest growing city with a population of
223,000 and a 190% growth rate in the last decade.

"Our vision of providing a fully integrated law enforcement and public
safety system has become a reality," said Juergen Stark, Corporate Vice
President and General Manager, Motorola, Integrated Solutions Division (ISD).
"Henderson was one of the first customers to embrace this idea and help us to
make it a reality. This is a major accomplishment for both Motorola and the
City of Henderson."
 http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK3.story&STORY=/www/story/12-02-2003/0002067819&EDATE=TUE+Dec+02+2003,+10:26+AM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/