Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Motorola on FCC's 'Interference Temperature' initiative

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 09:06:39 -0400

-------- Original Message --------

From:  blitz <[email-masked]>
Subject:  Re: Motorola on FCC's 'Interference Temperature' initiative

The FCC has proposed re-defining interference, in order to placate its
corporate shills and bribe-givers...this method I find very distressing,
as noise floors need to be calibrated on a case by case basis, under
strict lab conditions and undoubtedly this is a ploy to minimize
interference complaints by the likes of Nexthell.

Accepting this as the criteria for determining interference opens the
door to many problems, and surprisingly, Motorola has hit the nail
here.  Surprising because they are the ones who would benefit in
increased sales of their dirty digital Iden systems, like Nexthel's. I
commend them (/\/\) for releasing this, as it represents a sound
engineering standpoint, something seriously lacking in recent FCC
proceedings. Of course, let no one think its purely an engineering
consideration, they must see this change would impact their traditional
business model (Land mobile) in a most negative way, as I've thought all
along.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/