Subject: [NEXTEL-1] MetroPCS sees revenue boost on strong customer adds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 03:12:56 -0400

MetroPCS sees revenue boost on strong customer adds
By Dan Meyer
May 10 13:45:00, 2004

MetroPCS Inc. posted a 74-percent year-over-year increase in total
revenues from $99.4 million during the first quarter of 2003 to $173
million this year. Net income also increased from a loss of $4.3 million
last year to a gain of $6.1 million this year.

Bolstering the regional operator’s income was a reported 174,000 net
customer additions during the first quarter of this year, pushing the
carrier’s customer base to more than 1.15 million total subscribers.
Average revenue per user also increased slightly from $39.50 last year
to $40 during the first quarter of this year, while the cost per gross
addition dropped from $104.97 during the first quarter of 2003 to $96.74
this year, and the cash cost per user increased from $18.64 to $18.80
over the same time frame.

MetroPCS, which provides service in Miami, San Francisco, Atlanta and
Sacramento, Calif., filed an initial public offering registration
statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission earlier this year.
The timing for the IPO has not been released.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18043

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/