Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1]APCO REGIONAL COMMITTEE BREAKS FROM APCO NATIONAL - NOT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:05:29 EDT

Actually Jack (and I'm sorry to carry this thread on longer than necessary), 
its a higher cost than the costs that you've detailed below.  There are 
additional microwave users on a portion of the 1.9 GHz spectrum that Nextel wants 
that most also be relocated (at Nextel's cost).  That particular portion of the 
spectrum is presently designated for unlicensed PCS use, which never took off. 
 So it's Broadcast Auxiliary licensees AND microwave licensees that must be 
moved off the 1.9 GHz spectrum that Nextel has asked for.

Alan

In a message dated 5/4/2004 11:51:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Just about everyone knows Nextel interference could be reduced to
negligible levels if the $1.5 billion Nextel is openly willing to spend
on their plan was applied to technical solutions within the 800 MHz
band. ($850 mill for retuning, $512 mill to relocate broadcasters plus
press and legal fees = $1 billion +)  Obviously there is a great
windfall in store for Nextel if they pull this 800 MHz spectrum hostage
deal off, otherwise they wouldn't be working so feverously.