Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Merrill lynch On Litigation potential-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 08:24:05 -0400

Merrill lynch On Litigation potential-

In addition, we have pointed to litigation risk associated with the
alternatives, which could result in delay. To the extent that the
CTIA "compromise" proposal shifts the outcome toward the 2.1 GHz
frequency and to a dollar figure over and above the $850
million proposal, perhaps it becomes more palatable to Nextel's
competitors-as they may feel that they will have access to the
1.9 GHz spectrum (through future auctions) and that Nextel is paying
closer to market value. In our view, the related litigation risk
could be reduced, but will still remain, depending on the ultimate
proposal.

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> Who does Nextel think is going to buy that reasoning? Come on Timmy you are
> slipping.......
> 
> 
> The litigation liability is actually greater in the 1.9ghz band because it is
> MORE desirable than the 2.1 Ghz band, because of the aforementioned reasons.
> 

> 
> Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> 
> > <SNIP>
> > Nextel last week said giving it spectrum in the 2.1 GHz band instead of
> > the 1.9 GHz band to solve the 800 MHz
> > public-safety interference issue would take too long and would not
> > survive a legal challenge.
> >
> > http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17911

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/