Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wrong SMS leads to suicide

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 03:14:31 -0400

Wrong SMS leads to suicide

An Indian teenager committed suicide after she received an incorrect
SMS, reported the local Hindustan Times. The 17 year old girl was
expecting to receive her exam results by SMS, but an error resulted in
her receiving notification that she had failed, when in fact she had
passed.

It is still not clear if the error lay with the company sending the SMS
alerts or if the girl wrote down the wrong details on the application
form.

There is intense pressure on teenagers to do well at their exams, and
teenager suicides are not uncommon at this time of year in India.

Schools have now begun offering counselling for depressed and nervous
teenagers, while the Central Board of Secondary Education, which
conducts the exam, set up an e-counselling helpline in March.

Posted to the site on 25th May 2004

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/11178.shtml

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/