Subject: [NEXTEL-1] New Gas Plasma Antenna Technology Could Help Wi-Fi Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 19:34:26 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: Shreyas Pandit <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Gas Plasma Antenna Technology Could Help Wi-Fi Security

Markland Technologies has developed a new gas plasma antenna technology 
which could help to secure wireless networks. The technology allows for 
highly directive and electronically steerable digital data transmission
via 
solid-state semi conductor based plasma generators. A plasma antenna can 
reposition itself at very high speeds, as well as change it's beamwidth
and 
bandwidth, creating spatial and spectral security features which are not 
presently available with conventional WiFi antenna technology.

http://www.marklandtech.com/

http://www.dailywireless.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=251

New Gas Plasma Antenna Technology Could Help Wi-Fi Security
Posted by james on Tuesday, May 04 @ 11:08:12 PDT

Markland Technologies, Inc. has announced that its gas plasma technology 
can be utilized to create secure WiFi data transmission capability for
use 
in business and military applications. The technology allows for 
adjustments to bandwidth, beamwidth, and packet direction in wireless 
transmissions.

WiFi has enabled a wide array of inexpensive communication devices that
are 
utilized in desk-top computing, networking, PDA's etc. Its biggest
drawback 
is data transmission security. Although manufacturers are working to
make 
interception of WiFi data transmitted via the airways more difficult
they 
have encountered obstacles to solving the problem.

The company believes that one approach to create secure WiFi networks is
to 
incorporate gas plasma transmission antennas within a wireless network 
environment. Gas plasma antenna technology would allow for highly
directive 
and electronically steerable digital data transmission. This can be 
potentially achieved via low cost solid-state semi conductor based
plasma 
generators. Because the gas plasma can be rapidly enabled and disabled
in 
less then 1 microsecond time it can be repositioned to point in any 
required direction or can scan at very high speed. Not only can a plasma 
antenna reposition itself at very high speed but it can also change its 
beamwidth and bandwidth as well thus creating spatial and spectral
security 
features which are not presently available with conventional WiFi
antenna 
technology. Markland's significant patent portfolio of innovative gas 
plasma antenna technology can potentially create a new model for secure 
WiFi data transmission.

Markland CEO Robert Tarini stated, "We believe that our research staff
has 
created a new approach towards WiFi data transmission that will enable
the 
industry to provide very cost effective secure WiFi products. Our
business 
model is to create a patent royalty revenue flow for this technology 
commercialization opportunity in the WiFi marketplace. This marketplace
is 
presently estimated at $4 billion per year and growing rapidly."

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/