Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FLARION is ON FIRE~~~~~Vodafone to test Flarion wireless gear in Japan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 07:02:28 -0400

Vodafone to test Flarion wireless gear in Japan

5/6/2004 3:00:25 AM

NEW YORK, May 6 (Reuters) - The world's biggest mobile phone provider
Vodafone Group Plc (UK:VOD) will test high-speed wireless gear from U.S.
start-up Flarion Technologies in Japan later this year the companies
said on Thursday.

Japan's third-place wireless provider Vodafone KK, will try out the
emerging technology which supports high-speed Internet and e-mail
use on mobile phones, in Tokyo metropolitan areas around
mid-year, according to the companies.

Flarion's technology, known as FLASH-OFDM or orthogonal frequency
division multiplexing, has attracted interest in recent months at phone
companies in Europe, The Americas, and Asia that are willing to
consider an alternative standard.

The technology competes with wireless standard being installed
worldwide today including high-speed technology used in Europe and a
rival standard used in the United States.

Flarion does not have a commercial customer yet but its gear is being
tested by U.S. provider Nextel Communications (NXTL) . Korean
companies SK Telecom <017670.KS>, Korea Telecom <045760.KS>
and Hanaro Telecom <033630.K> have also tried out the equipment.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/newsarticle.asp?g=333B1F82CF7F4128AE9AA925C8C45D74&siteid=mktw&dist=nbk

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/