Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NYS-HUGE 400 (Maybe) Tower System coming up.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:53:36 -0400

Let the negotiations begin!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Environmentalists want Gov. Pataki to spare
Catskills, Adirondacks
By John Milgrim

Capitol Bureau
ALBANY — A top adviser in the Pataki administration has promised
environmental groups that no towers for a new statewide wireless network
will be built in the state's forest preserves, but the groups want that
promise in writing.

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2004/05/17/tower.html
===========================================================================

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri May 14, 2004
Subject: Re: OFF-Topic- / Now HUGE 400 Tower System coming up.

In order to de-fuse the lawsuits and other nay-sayers. I found out today
NYS will enter in negotiations with the environmentalist and others
before they build and settle all pending and potential lawsuits.
NYS did a separate environmental study and it is well prepared (I read
it).

https://www3.oft.state.ny.us/swn/docs/Scope-032904-Final.pdf

Looks like they did some home work..........but did they do it all? Who
knows.
I bet they will throw Moto a bone to shut them up.
4.9 Ghz is now authorized for public safety.
I bet they will do a state wide high speed network overlay.
That will bump MA/Comm out.

Bob Moldashel wrote:
> Unfortunately, there will be a few lawsuits before this project gets
> started.. Environmental groups are suing to stop tower construction in
the
> state forrests and mountains and Motorola will surely sue because they
lost.
> I am to understand that Motorola's bid was $3 Billion and, yes, MA/Com
was
> $1 Billion. Both sides have a handful of partners. Some that may be
familiar
> are Harris Microwave and O2 Wireless.
>
> NYS Website https://www3.oft.state.ny.us/swn/search1.cfm

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/