Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Data feed on iDEN systems.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 05:58:12 -0400

Rob,

Yes iDEN has a similar output that is routed to the Operations and
Maintenance Center (OMC). The OMC has an output similar to Air Traffic
Information Access that you could use.

The OMC is the network element management subsystem that establishes,
maintains, collects information about the network, and presents it to the
system operator. This data is used primarily to support the daily operation
of the network radio system elements.

The OMC exists in at least one form in every system.

• OMC - Radio (OMC-R) — required for radio system management
• OMC - System (OMC-S) — for possible Switching system management
• OMC - Network (OMC-N) — a possible Network Operation Center (NOC)

The OMC-R is the most common OMC.

The OMC-R controls and monitors the radio network elements, including the:
• Dispatch Application Processors (DAPs)
• Base Site Controllers (BSCs)
• Enhanced Base Transceiver Systems (EBTS)
• Mobile Data Gateways (MDGs)
• Advanced Packet Duplicators (APDs)
• Mobility Management of the subscriber within the network
• Mobile Switching Center
• Telco Transmission management.
• Inter-region administration and control

Each of the radio network elements can be managed remotely by the OMC. The
OMC supports connection to the other network entities through:
• X.25 packet network (BSCs and EBTSs)
• Frame Relay Permanent Virtual Circuits (PVCs) (MDG)
• Ethernet networks (DAP and APD)

The  X-Term MMI (dumb Terminal) communicates with the OMC console. The OMC
console collects data from other network elements using X.25 and V.35. The
OMC talks to the MSC via  EIA 232  x.25.

Rob Plaza wrote:

> The company I work for has experience working with Motorola trunking
> SmartZone systems. Specifically ATIA data. ATIA data is a network
> connection to the zone controller that provides data about all of the
> activity that occurs on the system. Example: What call is taking place
> on a channel, what unit ID initiated the call, and what talkgroup is
> involved. The ATIA feed is an option that owners have to pay for.
>
> Is there any kind of similar data feed available on iDEN systems?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/