Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel talks to Telus in Canada...how long before Southern LINC and Nextel have cross carrier connection?]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:23:42 -0400

Subject: nextel talks to Telus in Canada...how long before Southern LINC
and Nextel have cross carrier connection?

	Cross Carrier PTT Live.... For Now. | 04.13.04 | Posted by Darren
Spicknell <mailto:[email-masked]>  	
 
<http://mirror.delta5.com.br/2004/04/16/www.howardchui.com/modules.php?name=
News&new_topic=35> With no official comments from TELUS Mobility or
Nextel,
cross carrier direct connect or Push-To-Talk (PTT) functionality has
gone
live. Subscribers of the TELUS Mobility Mike network can now reach
Nextel
customers at the push of a button. There has been no official commercial
launch to announce pricing as of this time. Furthermore the enhancements
allow Nextel subscribers to continue to use their direct connect while
in
Canada, and similarly TELUS customers have PTT service while in the USA.
Cross Carrier PTT calls have been completed before, however in a test
environment. There is even further rumors that Nextel customers have the
ability to speak to Nextel International subscribers in South America
and
Mexico. 
Check out the latest discussion in the TELUS Mobility forum Click Here
<http://mirror.delta5.com.br/2004/04/16/www.howardchui.com/www.telusmobility
.howardforums.com>  and the Nextel forum Click Here
<http://mirror.delta5.com.br/2004/04/16/www.howardchui.com/www.nextel.howard
forums.com>

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: "Mike Edwards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:57:52 -0400

There is not much I would rather see than a roaming agreement between Nextel
and Southern Linc.
It would instantly increase the IDEN coverage in the southeast about 20
over.
What really jerks me about the whole situation is Linc users can Roam on
Nextel in most major cities
across the US, granted this does not include 2 way service. There is some
consolation in that from what I understand this raoming agreement was forced
on Nextel from a lawsuit filed by southern linc.
Oh well time will tell
Mike
Oxford GA

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 4:23 PM
Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel talks to Telus in Canada...how long before
Southern LINC and Nextel have cross carrier connection?]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links