Subject: [NEXTEL-1] BPL GOES MOBILE-IP Everywhere(tm) have patent applied technology whereby broadband internet will be available on moving vehicles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:50:13 -0400

NEXT GENERATION BPL PATENTS PROMISE TO DELIVER POWERLINE (PLC) BROADBAND
TO COMMUTERSWORLDWIDE

For more info visit http://www.ip-everywhere.com

IP Everywhere(tm) have patent applied technology whereby broadband
internet will be available on moving vehicles. This technology promises
to change the face of advertising on vehicles and how commuters travel
to and from work.
San Francisco, CA - IP Everywhere(tm) have patent applied technology
whereby broadband internet will be available on moving vehicles such as
trains, trams, trolleys, metros, subways, undergrounds, trams and
monorails. The technology feeds the internet to the vehicle using the
electrical power lines that power the vehicle.

This next generation of Broadband over Power Line (BPL) technology (also
known as Power Line Communications or PLC) `Will change the way the
traveler uses their time on any moving vehicle` says founder and CEO,
Tony Whelan. With satellite being slow and relatively expensive, this
generation of BPL promises to bring a breath of fresh air to the public
transport industry and create brand new revenue streams for ailing
sectors needing a boost. Speeds of up to 4.5 Mb are in the line of sight
but the company is reserving comment until all the trials are complete.

The company is at the Proof of Concept stage and is looking for partners
to pilot this brand new technology. They are currently talking to giants
in the BPL arena such as Ameren, Current Technologies and Cinergy and
also partners like San Francisco`s own BART along with PG&E.

IP Everywhere(tm) is also in negotiations with utilities and companies
in South America, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom regarding its
technologies.

Broadband internet to vehicles is only one of the irons in their fire.
There are new exciting concepts that IP Everywhere(tm) has underway and
under patent application.`We are going to literally change the face of
advertising on a moving vehicle and bring advertising revenues and
technology into the 21st century` says Whelan.

Broadband over Power Line (BPL) or Power Line Communications (PLC) as it
is also known has been around for well over a decade. Only now has this
medium been transformed into a third delivery mechanism for internet
into homes. Two live installations in Manassas, Virginia and Cincinnati,
Ohio have recently been announced in collaboration with the City of
Manassas, Main.net & Prospectstreet Broadband for Manassas and Cinergy
along with Current Technologies for Cincinnati.  There are over 20,000
users worldwide on trials for BPL technology and the speeds along with
reliability are growing exponentially due to the advances being made at
light speed with this infant technology. The FCC in the USA are keen to
regulate the frequencies used in both long distance (Access BPL) and
household (In-House BPL). There are heavy trials underway by the BPL
industry regarding any interference issues that have been cited by Radio
Ham operators and the ARRL as the consensus of the BPL industry is to
coexist as much as possible.

IP Everywhere(tm) takes this technology to the next level by delivering
a low loss, reliable internet stream right into the commuting vehicles
across the world. The poor speeds, lack of reliability, loss of signal
through tunnels will be a thing of the past. Due to the ubiquitous
nature of electricity cabling and rails for trains, subways and trams,
the infrastructure needed to build this is minimal and cost effective as
the revenue turnaround is almost immediate.

'Central London’s population grows by 1.1 million people on a typical
weekday between 7 and 10am' quotes Whelan. 'Most of those people are
commuters and most of them will probably have laptops. Imagine if they
could reliably check their work email and surf the web on the tube, to
and from work instead of wasting the time just sitting for an hour every
morning and every evening.

There are a whole host of features yet to be revealed that we have to
enhance the travel experience and traveler safety in the
future' Whelan explains

Long and short distance travel by rail is about to get a whole lot more
interesting.
For more information and an investor prospectus contact
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/