Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Hiring Product Developer ( Bay Area)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:14:35 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "marianne_rohde2000" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Hiring Product Developer ( Bay Area)

Hello Everyone,
We are seeking network centric people, experienced in
network application development with a strong background in 
CDMA,TDMA,GSM and application development to perform in the following 
role:

Duties and Responsibilities:

·         Lead technology development of Wireless Information 
Services and infrastructure (Wireless Data).

·         Develop and lead development of specifications, standards, 
processes and business analysis/decisions.

·         Lead and support market trials and deployment of Wireless 
Information Services.

·         Provide a focal point for Marketing interface with respect 
to all technical / network development/issues.

·         Lead and manage planning of networks.

·         Lead and manage development of products, network 
architecture, systems or RFPs.

·         Lead and manage end-to-end systems development and testing.

·         Lead cross-functional, cross-regional development teams 
which includes project organization, definition of deliverables, 
schedule, status reporting, end-to-end testing and successful 
completion.

·         Establish technology, product, development and vendor 
strategy.

·         Manage vendor performance and assessment for existing and 
future product capabilities and limitations. 

·         Perform financial analysis and manage project budget..

·         Prepare and present management reports and technical 
presentations.

·         Establish and manage required resources for identified 
projects, determine resource contentions and recommend solutions.

 Candidate Qualifications: 

·          BS in Engineering or Computer Science, plus Master's in 
Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent 
experience.

·          Significant understanding of cellular network design and 
operations.

·          Five+ years of telecommunications industry or related 
experience.

·          Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams.

·         Must have extensive hands on experience with systems 
engineering and design relative to data communications, including 
specifying, designing and implementing complex national corporate 
data networks in a multi-campus environment with application 
development and integration.

·         Knowledge of APIs, WAN and LAN connection, client/server 
and/or distributed computing architecture, router-based networks 
utilizing TCP/IP or OSI protocols, X.25 and frame relay.

·         Knowledge of packet radio, Mobile IP, IETF standards.

·         Outstanding interpersonal skills, oral and written 
communications skills, and advanced presentation skills.

·         Must have demonstrated experience in managing large 
budgets, as well as leading and managing a technical staff.

·         New project development experience.

·         Experience in setting up deals with equipment vendors, 
assembling and negotiating large contracts and in maintaining vendor 
relationships.

·         CDMA familiarity (IS 99, IS 707, IS 95, IXRTT) is essential.

·         Service development experience preferred.

·         Development experience in Java  (and/or derivatives), Perl, 
XML, WML desirable.

·         Knowledge and experience in UNIX/NT systems, database 
systems, web design and administration is highly desirable.

  Qualified candidates may feel free to forward resumes to 
[email-masked], along w/ salary requirements.

Thank you,
Marianne Rohde

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/