Subject: [NEXTEL-1] marcel? Re: "CTIA PLAN" v. "SCAM PLAN"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:38:17 -0400

There is no provision for an "Auction" under the consensus plan, however
if there was a provision the money would go to the US Treasury.

>"dutterat" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Under the concensus plan, wouldn't the US Treasury get the proceeds
>of the auction of the 2.1 spectrum?

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> "CTIA PLAN" v. "SCAM PLAN"
> http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?
native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6516183829

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:36:27 EDT

Under the Consensus Plan, the FCC exclusively would allocate 10 MHz of 1.9 
GHz band spectrum to Nextel in an exchange for a nationwide "running average" of 
10.5 MHz of its 800 MHz (2.5 MHz vacated), 700 MHz Guard Band (4 MHz) and 900 
MHz SMR (4 MHz) and its contribution of up to $850 million toward defraying 
total 800 MHz band relocation costs. No auction would occur.

P. Waugh

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:08:44 EDT

By law (not by FCC Rule), the US Treasury ALWAYS gets the proceeds from ANY 
auction of FCC licenses.  The FCC can't change that, only Congress can.

Alan Tilles

In a message dated 5/11/2004 6:54:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
Under the concensus plan, wouldn't the US Treasury get the proceeds 
of the auction of the 2.1 spectrum?