Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Verizon Wireless Launches Industry's First North

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:14:12 -0400

Verizon Wireless Launches Industry's First North
American Continent Calling Plan
Monday May 10, 1:39 pm ET

North America's Choice(SM) Offers Business and Leisure Travelers
A Calling Plan That Stretches Beyond the U.S. to Canada, Mexico
and Puerto Rico

BEDMINSTER, N.J., May 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless is introducing
the nation's first North American calling plan that lets customers call
from the U.S. to Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico with no roaming or long
distance fees. Beginning today, Verizon Wireless customers, nationwide
can sign up for North America's Choice, a unique calling plan that
includes Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico as part of their monthly plan's
calling area.  Customers who sign up for North America's Choice will
also be able to call within these countries and back to the U. S.
without incurring roaming or long distance charges while in the coverage
area.

"Staying in touch across borders is part of today's reality," said Bill
Stone, Verizon Wireless vice president of marketing. "Many of our
customers want a plan that combines Night and Weekend calling and a
generous bucket of anytime minutes so they don't have to pay per-minute
roaming charges while traveling throughout North America. North
America's Choice satisfies the needs of these customers."

Verizon Wireless customers can customize their North America's Choice
Plan with four different price points, starting at $59.99 for 400
minutes to $169.99 for 3,000 minutes.

Monthly Access          $59.99       $79.99      $119.99      $169.99
Anytime Minutes            400          800        2,000        3,000
IN-Network Promotion     1,000        1,000        1,000        1,000
Minutes      Minutes      Minutes      Minutes
Night/Weekend            1,000        1,000        1,000        1,000
Minutes      Minutes      Minutes      Minutes

Customers who sign up for a North America's Choice Plan of $59.99 or
more will receive, at no extra cost, 1,000 night and weekend minutes and
1,000 IN- Network anytime minutes to call other Verizon Wireless
customers. (IN-Network calling is only available in the U.S.) Customers
can purchase the North America's Choice Plan by contacting Verizon
Wireless customer service.

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless
communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice
and data network and 39 million customers.  Headquartered in Bedminster,
NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:
VZ - News) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD - News News). Find more
information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive
broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto
www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040510/nym185_1.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/