Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Air Force radios also jamming garage doors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:20:19 -0400

Air Force radios also jamming garage doors
Associated Press
May. 20, 2004 08:50 AM

EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. - The Air Force's new $5.5 million two-way
radio system has an added feature - it also jams garage doors.

During testing last week of the system at the Eglin base, homeowners in
Niceville, Valparaiso and the Crestview areas reported that their garage
door openers failed to work.

Air Force officials said Tuesday the contractor, Motorola Inc., will try
to minimize the problem. Technicians will run the system at slightly
different frequencies from those used by garage door openers when
another test is conducted Friday through Monday.

Military leaders were understanding. "I want my garage door opener to
work, too," said Col. Russell F. Miller, commander of the 96th
Communication Group.

Lauren Van Wazer, a spokeswoman for the Federal Communication
Commission, said if the Air Force has been running the system within its
licensed frequencies - and the Air Force said it has - then users of
garage door openers may have to change theirs.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0520airforce-radiojams-ON.html#

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/