Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Georgia Technology Authority- Enterprise Public Safety Radio Service Standard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 05:53:43 -0400

Georgia Technology Authority
Doc Ref Number: ENT-09-002-STD Topical Area:
Telecommunications

Document Type: Enterprise Standard Page: 1 of 5

Title: Enterprise Public Safety Radio Service Standard

Effective Date: 01/12/2004 Revision Date: Original

POC for Changes: GTA Telecommunications Division

Synopsis: Sets forth enterprise public safety radio service standards.

PURPOSE

To prescribe an enterprise Public Safety Radio Services standard for the
development and
implementation of a statewide radio communications system that will
provide
interoperability among state and local government Public Safety
agencies. The goal is to
provide the radio communications capabilities for Public Safety
government agencies to
perform their missions in any given situation.

SCOPE
This standard is applicable to Public Safety agencies to provide
interoperability
communications by voice or data with each other in various environments
and scenarios
under Homeland Security. Public Safety agencies are those organizations
that have the
responsibility of protecting life and property such as police, fire,
emergency medical,
emergency management and other organizations that enforce state or local
government
laws. This standard is optional for non-public safety agencies. All
Agencies as that term is
defined in O.C.G.A. Section 50-25-1(b)(1).

STANDARD

1. The enterprise public safety radio service shall meet all applicable
ANSI/TIA/EIA-102
standards. This includes both infrastructure and subscriber equipment.
Specific ANSI/TIA/EIA 102 standards include:
OSI Physical Layer and Data Link Layer

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BAAA, Project 25 FDMA Common Air Interface, May 1998.
The objective of the common air interface is to ensure that subscriber
unit equipment that conforms to this document will be interoperable at
the Physical Layer and Data Link Layer with subscriber unit equipment
from different manufacturers, and compatible with radio systems for
different agencies.

Analog to Digital Conversion

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BABA, Project 25 Vocoder Description, May 1998. This
document describes the functional requirements for the transmission and
reception of voice information using the digital communication media
described in
the Common Air Interface, ANSI/TIA/EIA102.BAAA.

This standard is specifically
Doc Ref Number: ENT-09-002-STD Topical Area:
Telecommunications

Document Type: Enterprise Standard Page: 2 of 5

Title: Enterprise Public Safety Radio Service Standard

intended to define the conversion of voice from an analog representation
to a digital representation that consists of a net BIT rate of 4.4 kBPS
for voice information, and a gross BIT rate of 7.2 kBPS after error
control coding.
Modulation and Demodulation

ANSI/TIA 102.CAAA-A, Digital C4FM/CQPSK Transceiver Measurements
Methods, November 2002. This document standardizes parameter titles,
definitions, the test conditions, and the methods of measurement used to
ascertain the performance of Project 25 transceiver equipment within the
scope of this standard, and make possible a meaningful comparison of the
results of measurements made by different observers and on different
equipment.
Performance Measures

ANSI/TIA 102.CAAB-A, Land Mobile Radio Transceiver Performance.
Recommendations – Project 25 – Digital Radio Technology, C4FM/CQPSK
Modulation, September 2002. This document establishes minimum
performance specifications for Project 25 transceiver equipment when
measured according to ANSI/TIA/EIA102.CAAA.
Trunking

ANSI/TIA 102.AABB, Project 25 Trunking Control Channel Formats, May
2002.  This document defines the format of trunking control channel
transmission for Project 25 systems. The formats are compatible with the
Common Air Interface defined by ANSI/TIA/EIA102.BAAA and both encrypted
and non-encrypted formats are defined.

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.AABC, Project 25 Trunking Control Channel Messages, May
2000. (Includes Addendum 1 dated September 2001 and Addendum dated
December 2002). This document defines all messages for Project 25
Trunking.  All messages are constructed from formats further identified
by ANSI/TIA/ EIA102.AABB Trunking Control Channel Formats.
Linking

TSB102.AABF, APCO Project 25 Link Control Word Formats and Messages, May
1996. This document defines all link control words for voice
transmissions on Project 25 systems. This will include both trunking and
conventional.
Integration

TSB102.BACC, Inter-RF Subsystem Interface Overview, December 1996.  This
document provides a high level overview of the Project 25 ISSI. It
summarizes the protocol and message structure, mobility management, and
intervening network adaptation.

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BADA, Telephone Interconnect Requirements and
Definitions (Voice Service), March 2000. This document defines the
interface between an RF-Subsystem and a public or private switched
telephone network (PSTN).
Doc Ref Number: ENT-09-002-STD Topical Area:

Telecommunications

Document Type: Enterprise Standard Page: 3 of 5

Title: Enterprise Public Safety Radio Service Standard

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BAEB, Project 25 Packet Data Specification, March
2000.  (Includes Addendum 1 dated October 2001 and Addendum 2 dated
August 2002). This specification serves to define the detailed
interfaces, protocols, and procedures involved in interfacing with a
data capable Project 25 standard radio unit via the standard mobile data
peripheral interface, and end-system interface.  Defined are packed
services, in all 3 configurations: radio-radio, radio-repeater, and
radio-FNE (Fixed Network Equipment), supported by point-to-point radio
data peripheral interfaces. The data services mapping to 25 CAI formats
are defined, which may be provided across conventional or trunked
service channels.  ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BAEC, Project 25 Circuit Data
Specification, June 2000. This specification serves to define the
detailed interfaces, protocols, and procedures involved in interfacing
with a data capable Project 25 standard radio unit via the standard
mobile data peripheral interface, and (optionally) a Project 25 standard
FNE (Fixed Network Equipment), data end-system interface. Defined are
circuit services, in all 3 configurations: radio-radio, radio-repeater,
and radio-FNE Fixed Network Equipment), supported by point-to-point
radio data peripheral interfaces.

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BAEE, Project 25 Radio Control Protocol (RCP), March
2000.  (Includes Addendum 1 dated August 2002). This document defines
the Radio Control Protocol (RAP) for use in Project 25 digital radio
systems for packet data communications services.

TSB102.BAFA-A, Project 25 Network Management Interface, July 1999. This
document defines the interface between one or more RF -Subsystems and an
attached network management Manager or other interconnect network
management system.
Encryption

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.AAAA-A, Project 25 DES Encryption Protocol, February
2001.  This document defines the mode of operation of DES encryption and
decryption in a manner compatible with information transfer through a
Project 25 system, especially the Common Air Interface. The document
describes both voice and data encryption procedures.

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.AAAD, Project 25 Block Encryption Protocol, July 2002.
This standard describes the encryption protocol for land mobile radios
meeting the Project 25 requirements. For system implementations, such as
Trunking, Data, etc. this document provides only the appropriate
requirements to ensure over-the-air encryption compatibility, rather
than all the requisite specification details for such implementations.

ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.AACA, Project 25 Digital Radio Over-the-Air-Rekeying
(OTAR)
Protocol, April 2001. (Includes Addendum 1 dated November 2002). This
document defines the message and basic procedures for providing OTAR
(Over-
The-Air-Rekeying) and related key management services. It describes
methods
of encrypting and sending the encryption keys and other related key
Doc Ref Number: ENT-09-002-STD Topical Area:

Telecommunications

Document Type: Enterprise Standard Page: 4 of 5

Title: Enterprise Public Safety Radio Service Standard

management messages through the Common Air Interfacing such a way that
they are protected from disclosure, and in some cases unauthorized
modification.

2. Subscriber equipment shall have the capability of operating on
existing 800 MHz trunked radio communications systems either operating
in a trunked mode and/or conventional mode (mutual aid channels).

3. The existing systems that are incompatible will be capable of
interoperability through cross-band interface devices. The device
purchased subject to technical review by GTA in accordance with
Telecommunications Technology Review Standard, ENT-09-001–STD.

AUTHORITY

1. O.C.G.A. 50-25-1 et seq.

2. Federal Emergency Management Agency – Letter from Ronald E. Miller,
Assistant Director, Information Technology Services Directorate, dated
August 2, 2002

3. CFR 47 – Title 47 of the Code of Federal Regulations – Federal
Communications Commission (Part 90 – Private Land Mobile Radio Services
(PLMRS)

TERMS AND DEFINITIONS

1. ANSI – American National Standards Institute

2. TIA- Telecommunications Industry Association

3. EIA – Electronics Industries Alliance

4. Interoperability - The ability of multi vendor devices to work
together using a common
set of protocols. For Two-Way Radio, the ability for users to
intercommunicate directly
subscriber-radio to subscriber-radio regardless of the frequency band
and/or protocol without intervention of a dispatcher or other manual
patches being required.

5. Project 25 - The Project 25 process developed the 102 series of
detailed technical
specifications for digital, land mobile radio communications systems.
The process was
led by a users' Steering Committee, and the standardization work was
done by the
Telecommunications Industry Association in accordance with their
standards process
as defined in their engineering manual. The result is a suite of
ANSI/EIA/TIA
standards, TIA/EIA Interim Standards, and TIA Telecommunications System
Bulletins.

6. Public Safety Radio Services – means those radio services as defined
in O.C.G.A Section 50-25-1 (b)(10).
Doc Ref Number: ENT-09-002-STD Topical Area:
Telecommunications

Document Type: Enterprise Standard Page: 5 of 5
Title: Enterprise Public Safety Radio Service Standard

EXCEPTIONS

Exceptions to the standard will be submitted in accordance with the
Georgia Technology
Authority Exception Policy.

GUIDELINES
To assure radio communications interoperability, Public Safety entities
prior to
designing/implementing a radio communications system should coordinate
with adjacent or
other Public Safety organizations which they will need to
intercommunicate with during
emergency situations.

All enterprise public safety radio services should be in compliance with
CFR 47 (FCC Part 90
Rules and Regulations) as to frequency assignments, coordination and
radio station licensing.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/