Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Ericsson sells Mobitex division

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:21:21 -0400

Ericsson sells Mobitex division
by Sam Omatseye
May 24, 2004

L.M. Ericsson has sold its wireless data division known as Mobitex to a
U.K. investment group. The major investors include two former executives
of U.K Mobitex network operator Transcomm plc.  The executives include
Andrew C. Fitton, its former chief executive, and Russell Backhouse, its
former finance director. The deal also will receive backing from
Handelsbanken, a Swedish banking group.

Mobitex designs, supplies and supports wireless packet-switched data
networks.
"This is a very exciting development," said Fitton, who has been
appointed chief executive of the new company. "I have been associated
with Mobitex since 1999 during which time I have seen it become
increasingly successful, as the number of users employing the technology
worldwide has increased 500 percent."

As part of the deal, Mobitex Technology AB will become an Ericsson
strategic business partner and share patents with its parent company.
Ericsson will continue to make Mobitex hardware, according to the deal.
Until the division finds a new location, it will continue to operate on
Ericsson's property in Gothenburg, Sweden.

"Focus for the new owners will be the support and development of
existing networks, the continuous improvement of products and services,
and the exploitation of new network opportunities where the benefits of
Mobitex technology provide true market differentiation," said the
investors.
 http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18218

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/