Subject: [NEXTEL-1] WiDEN Speeds- Is it 132 Kbps or “between 60 to 80 kbit/s.”??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:04:23 -0400

Nextel Enhancements-WiDEN

In Nextel's SEC  8-K filed  on 12/17/2002, (
http://ccbn.tenkwizard.com/cgi/image?repo=tenk&ipage=1947102&doc=60)
they claimed WiDEN speeds of 132 kbps. A month later  Fred Wright
(Motorola's Mr.iDEN) also touted WiDEN speeds of 132 Kps-

======================================================================================

1/15/2003 WiDEN is touted at 132 Kps-

"According to Fred Wright, vice president and general manager of
Motorola's global telecommunications sector, the company has quad-based
radios available that can increase data bandwidth. Wright estimates
these new radios will increase data rates to about 132 Kbps, effectively
making iDEN data rates comparable to 1XRTT data rates. In addition,
Wright says existing data users and existing voice users can use and
share the same broadband channel. "We believe it produces a competitive
experience with CDMA and GSM," Wright says."

http://www.wirelessweek.com/article/CA270761?text=132+kbps%2C+effectively+making+iden+data+rates&stt=001

=================================================================================

Now  2 years later WiDEN is now down to  “between 60 to 80 kbit/s.”

"Speaking at a Lehman Brothers conference this week, Nextel’s CEO Tim
Donahue confirmed plans for the rollout of Motorola’s WiDEN technology,
a software upgrade to the iDEN network that is touted to increase data
rates “between 60 to 80 kbit/s.”

http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=53392

I'm sure Nextel will say they were speaking about "bursts of 132 Kbps"
(this was never mentioned), this is just another example of how Nextel
Mis-Information gets started.- From the top down.................

"How Business Get's DONE!" - We change the numbers to fit our needs and
hope you forget what we said.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/