Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Motorola Signs Push-To-Talk over Cellular (PoC) Contract and CDMA2000 1X Network Upgrade

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:44:45 -0400

Motorola Signs Push-To-Talk over Cellular (PoC) Contract and CDMA2000 1X
Network Upgrade
With GUAMCELL Communications
Tuesday May 18, 6:00 pm ET

TAMUNING, Guam, May 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- GUAMCELL
Communications, a comprehensive telecommunications provider, has signed
an agreement with Motorola Inc.'s (NYSE: MOT - News) Global Telecom
Solutions Sector (GTSS), a leader in integrated communications
solutions, for the installation of Push-To-Talk over Cellular (PoC) and
for a cellular network upgrade. Motorola's PoC solution allows GUAMCELL
Communications' subscribers to communicate with each other at the push
of a button on mobile phones with PoC capabilities.

Motorola will also provide a
CDMA2000 1X mobile network
upgrade for GUAMCELL
Communications offering voice,
photo downloading and near-3G
data services. The PoC service and
network upgrade are part of a
US$2.5 million contract signed in
late 2003.

"This Push-To-Talk over Cellular
contract is among the first for
Motorola in the Asia Pacific region,"
said Simon Leung, senior vice
president, Motorola, Inc. and
general manager, GTSS Asia
Pacific. "A number of other Asian
operators are conducting trials
elsewhere, but GUAMCELL
Communications has the
advantage of being one of
the leaders in its market with
this innovative offering."

PoC is attractive for mobile communications providers such as GUAMCELL
Communications because it offers them a point of difference to
competitors while appealing to business and personal users who want
other convenient ways of communicating. It opens an additional revenue
stream for operators in a cost-effective manner.

"New data services and PoC are vital for GUAMCELL to retain its
leadership position.  PoC will provide industry customers with an
important business tool to enhance efficiency in their operations," said
Mark W. Chamberlin, president, GUAMCELL Communications. "We have a long
relationship with Motorola and its strength in PoC boosted our
confidence level in this exciting new technology."
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040518/cgtu018_1.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/