Subject: [NEXTEL-1] IPWireless ships dual-band UMTS TDD devices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 01:15:13 -0400

IPWireless ships dual-band UMTS TDD devices
May 12 12:13:00, 2004

SAN BRUNO, Calif.—IPWireless said it has commenced shipping of dual-band
devices that allow users to roam across UMTS TDD networks in both 1900
MHz and 2010 MHz frequency bands.

According to IPWireless, more than 120 mobile operators in Europe and
Asia have UMTS TDD spectrum in one of those bands. The IPWireless
solution allows those operators to offer roaming services. The product
is being shipped to operators in Europe, Australia and Japan, and it is
already in use in Portugal.

“To truly be a mobile technology, a technology needs to provide a
subscriber with access not only anytime and anywhere in their home
markets, but also enable global roaming,” said Chris Gilbert, chief
executive officer of IPWireless.  “This development allows operators and
licensing partners to truly leverage being part of a global standard.”
Last week, IPWireless said its technology is being used by Hong
Kong-based PCCW for a U.K. UMTS TDD network.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18069

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/