Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Red-M teams with iGov for federal security technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 01:19:47 -0400

Red-M teams with iGov for federal security technology
May 04 12:56:00, 2004

MCLEAN, Va.—Red-M, which supplies hardware and software tools for
wireless security solutions, and government reseller iGov announced a
partnership that will provide departments of the U.S. government with
security solutions for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless networks.

“Our government customers are asking for wireless security that protects
against all kinds of rogue intruders and as yet unimagined
threats—including those that may occur on the Bluetooth spectrum,”
explained Steve Taylor, enterprise solutions group manager at iGov.
“With Red-M’s wide range of products, our customers can detect any kind
of rogue activity, be it on Bluetooth or 802.11 bands, and control and
manage those wireless vulnerabilities to mitigate the possible risks.”

Red-M began targeting government departments after its random testing in
the Washington, D.C., area found many unsecured wireless devices in use,
regardless of government restrictions on the use of wireless. Red-M’s
solutions now have been implemented by their first few government
customers, said Karl Fielder, president and chief executive officer of
the company.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=17956

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/