Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Like I said......And you thought I was kidding? Nextel To Become The Next NextWave.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 05:41:25 -0400

Like I said......And you thought I was kidding? ........Nextel To Become
The Next NextWave.
==============================================================================

>From:  Marcelrf <[email-masked]
>Date:  Thu Feb 26, 2004  6:10 pm
>Subject:  Re: Verizon Wireless Calls For Spectrum Auction

<SNIP>
>History Repeats Itself-

>In 1999 Nextel attempted a similar Scam to acquire
>Nextwave's 1.9Ghz spectrum for a song. Until
>Congress sent a letter
>(http://www.house.gov/commerce_democrats/press/106ltr57.htm)
>to the FCC (Kennard who played dumb) the FCC was
>prepared to sell the spectrum to Nextel way below
>market value. After Nextel was busted they
>disappeared and left the FCC to answer questions
>from the congress. A similar fate is about to occur to
>Public Safety. Rather than play spectrum shuffle
>Nextel should take the $850M and correct their poorly
>deployed network.

===============================================================================

> From:  [email-masked]
>Date:  Thu Apr 29, 2004  2:11 pm
>Subject:  Re: Adelstein: FCC considering 2.1 GHz band in public-safety
interference issue

<SNIP>

> Either way carriers are going to show Timmy "How Business Gets DONE...
in the
> Court of Law".  At the end Timmy will walk away (Remember Nextwave-
this is
> Deja Vu) with his tail between his legs and leave Public Safety
Blowing in the
> Breeze.

=================================================================================

>From:  Marcelrf <Marcelrf@Bellsouth
>Date:  Tue Mar 16, 2004  10:06 pm
>Subject:  Re: FCC's Powell: Courts may 'frown' on making Nextel p.

>>.......I have been assured that this proceeding will face a Fierce
Legal Challenge that the commission has not seen in years.
>Powell will be long gone and sitting to the right of Kennard in Reston
by the time this is over.  The challenge will be >inherited by the next
FCC Chairman just like Powell inherited the Nextwave mess and lost
(Meanwhile Kennard >is on Nextel's Board collecting fat compensation).

===================================================================================

>From:  [email-masked]
>Date:  Tue Dec 16, 2003  6:54 pm
>Subject:  Re: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel Fights For Scam Plan

>The FCC may rule next year, but this fight will last for
>years in the court system. Just as Nextel did with
>Nextwave they will abonadon Public Safety half way
>through the court battle. Public Safety will be
>embarassed and ashamed that they trusted Nextel

===============================================================================

Nextel To Become The Next NextWave
By Rhonda Wickham,
Editor in Chief
May 1, 2004
Wireless Week

Waiting in the wings, however, is another spectrum issue that is
beginning to look as though it will replace the former limbo champ: the
Nextel Consensus Plan. (I can barely bring myself to call it that as it
now sounds almost like an oxymoron.)

<SNIP>

Eleventh-hour objections from unexpected quarters are beginning to pour
in. For example, at press time, Sheila Hanna-Wiles, president of the
South Carolina chapter of APCO, fired a letter off to the FCC saying the
chapter had not been consulted regarding the so-called Consensus Plan.
"The South Carolina Chapter is deeply concerned that it appears the
National Board  has become too closely aligned with Nextel and has
decided to circumvent the concerns of our local chapter," Hanna-Wiles
wrote.

<SNIP>

Clearly, this is turning into just as much of a hot potato as the
NextWave deal was back in its day.

<SNIP>

No matter what the commissioners' verdict is, they are merely teeing up
the ball for the raft of proponents, opponents, lawyers and concerned
and interested parties to chip away at. No, even though we would like to
believe the FCC's position will be the final word on this drama, it will
not be the last of it for this industry. In fact, I am certain it will
drag on for some time. oh, I imagine seven years sounds about right.

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 05:59:22 -0400

And how long do you think it will be before a Congressional Subcommittee
examines the relationship between the public safety supporters who help
"craft" the "SCAM PLAN and Nextel? And why the made their
recommendations..........?

Not long at this rate!

I can hear their response now......................

Well, Nextel said...................

And that will be "All she wrote"

[email-masked] wrote:

> "Eleventh-hour objections from unexpected quarters are beginning to
> pour in. For example, at press time, Sheila Hanna-Wiles, president
> of the South Carolina chapter of APCO, fired a letter off to the FCC
> saying the chapter had not been consulted regarding the so-called
> Consensus Plan. "The South Carolina Chapter is . deeply concerned
> that it appears the National Board . has become too closely aligned
> with Nextel and has decided to circumvent the concerns of our local
> chapter," Hanna-Wiles wrote. "