Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NEXTEL-1 Re: Motorola's Off Network Communication Tool For iDEN to Debut in 2004

From: "marcel_rf1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 10:11:42 -0000

As previously Reported- 

Moto-Talk is HERE

https://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=99941&native_or_pdf==pdf

From:  [email-masked] 
 Date:  Tue Sep 30, 2003  9:59 pm
Subject:  [NEXTEL-1] Motorola's Off Network Communication Tool For
iDEN to Debut in 2004

I meet with a few of the iDEN guys this week to see a simulation of 
Motorola's "Moto Talk". It was very interesting. To protect the 
identity of theEngineers  they asked me not to publish the specific
documents related to the product, however they did provide me 
with a document  that describes the same operation in a SS
environment that can be implemented under iDEN.

It is absolutely clear that Nextel PLANS TO TAKE OVER the Private
Wireless Industry.

Helping Nextel in any fashion will just accelerate this process. All
I can say is Private Wireless Watchout.

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Marcelrf@B... wrote:

> Wireless Insider
> Motorola's Off Network Communication Tool  For iDEN to Debut in 2004
> September 17, 2003
>
> PLANTATION, Fla.  – September 19, 2003 – Motorola, Inc.
(NYSE: MOT) and Nextel
> Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXTL) have developed an iDEN®
based Communication
> tool specifically targeted at Public Safety and Construction users.
The new tool
> labelled "Moto Talk" (Simplex Talk-Around) offers off-network
Direct Connect®
> capabilities. The new feature this will allow peer-to-peer
conversations between
> Nextel users without the need for network support.
>
> Motorola has designed three new handsets featuring "Moto Talk"
tentatively
> identified as the i315, i325ps, and i335ps. The first handset
scheduled to be
> released is the i315, featuring a rugged design for harsh and
demanding
> environments. The i325 will feature AFU  (Advanced Feature Unit)
capabilities in a
> rugged and durable phone. It will also support Nextel's widely used
"Java"
> applications, which allows subscriber to select task specific
applications.
> Motorola's i335 features a rugged handset with Moto-Talk, AFU, Java
and Large
> Color Screen. Roll out of these new units is expected to begin as
early as June
> 2004.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/