Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SmartLink Radio Networks Opens New Office in Billerica, Massachusetts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 23:10:22 -0400

SmartLink Radio Networks Opens New Office in Billerica, Massachusetts

Public Safety Communications Company
Expands to Accommodate, Accelerate Its Growth

May 24, 2004

WALLINGFORD, Conn.
(BUSINESS WIRE)

SmartLink Radio Networks Inc., a supplier of radio communications and
interoperability solutions, today announced the opening of its new
office at the Concord Road Corporate Center in Billerica, Mass. The
facility will house SmartLink's eastern regional sales, corporate
marketing, business development and engineering development divisions.
This expansion will enable SmartLink to continue to advance its vision
of providing superior public safety interoperability solutions to first
responders.  "Our new Billerica office reflects SmartLink's growth
initiatives and commitment to supplying proven, functional and
cost-effective interoperability and networking solutions to the public
safety and critical infrastructure markets," said Tom Lambalot,
president of SmartLink Radio Networks, Inc. "The facility's proximity to
Boston also offers increased access to leading technological and
educational institutions in the area, creating a strong talent base to
drive SmartLink's solutions into the future."

The company's new 8,000-square-foot Billerica office will house 30 to 40
employees. SmartLink will be joined by a number of leading technology
organizations that have taken advantage of the ideal location and
pastoral setting of the Concord Road Corporate Center.

The facility is the third SmartLink Radio Networks office in New
England.  SmartLink's Wallingford, Conn. bureau, which opened in 1992,
will continue to be the company's headquarters. SmartLink's research and
development facilities are located in West Newfield, Maine.

About SmartLink Radio Networks Inc.

SmartLink Radio Networks Inc. has developed a new generation of
interoperability and networking products for the public safety and
critical infrastructure markets. The company has been researching and
perfecting radio interoperability and networking solutions since 1992.
SmartLink has deployed its technology in more than 80 installations
worldwide and presents public safety, utility, telecommunications and
other customers with a compelling end to end choice for interoperable
communications.

SmartLink's solution is designed to be flexible, radio-system agnostic,
frequency independent and is delivering breakthrough functional value
and cost. The SmartLink solution significantly increases the options
available to organizations seeking to quickly implement
interoperability, leverage and enhance current network investments and
migrate to future open standards technology. The innovative SmartLink
approach reduces technological, spectrum and cost hurdles that have
traditionally prevented adoption of viable interoperability solutions.

 http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20040524005735&newsLang=en&beanID=202776713&viewID=news_view