Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TELUS Mobility- commits to CDMA and iDEN handsets that roam on GSM networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:58:52 -0400

TELUS Mobility announces plans to offer enhanced global roaming
Thursday May 20, 12:32 pm ET

First Canadian carrier to commit to CDMA and iDEN handsets that roam on
GSM networks

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/040520/telus_enhance_roaming_1.html

"SCARBOROUGH, ON, May 20 /CNW/ - TELUS Mobility today announced plans 
to offer its clients enhanced global roaming capabilities as well as 
two new Motorola "world phones" that leverage TELUS Mobility's two 
digital wireless networks and the global reach of Global System for 
Mobile (GSM) networks.
 
One of the new phones, based on the Motorola i930, will operate on 
TELUS Mobility's unique Mike network, which is based on Motorola's 
iDEN (integrated digital enhanced network) technology. The other 
phone, based on the Motorola A840, will operate on the TELUS Mobility 
PCS network, which is based on the CDMA (code division multiple 
access) standard.

The phones will operate in Canada and the U.S. on TELUS Mobility's 
CDMA and iDEN networks and those of its strategic roaming partners, 
and will be able to roam on GSM networks worldwide. CDMA and iDEN are 
dominant North American wireless technologies, while GSM is the most 
prevalent network standard in Europe, Africa and much of Asia. Both 
phones are expected to be available in early 2005.

"With this pair of very powerful new phones, TELUS Mobility clients 
will have access to unparalleled worldwide wireless coverage," said 
Wade Oosterman, TELUS Mobility's Executive Vice President of Sales 
and Marketing. "Our ability to work closely with Motorola's PCS and 
iDEN divisions means we will be uniquely able to offer this 
unprecedented level of global access to our PCS and Mike clients 
across Canada."

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/