Subject: [NEXTEL-1] PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:09:17 -0400

http://www.co.pg.md.us/PGCounty/Employment/CurrentOpenings/pg4936.asp

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
May 20, 2004

Position Location Announcement Number Salary Range Closing Date
Communications Specialist I/II
 Homeland Security
Landover, MD 04-065 $31,382 - $49,891 June 03, 2004

The Prince George's County Office of Homeland Security is currently
seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of
Communications Specialist I/II, grade G18/21.

This is entry to full performance level technical and professional
office and field work involving all County radio communications
systems and related programs.

TYPICAL DUTIES:

Selected candidate maintains an accurate inventory of public safety
radio equipment (i.e. Police, Fire Sheriff and Corrections); maintains
positive physical control of two-way radio equipment and accessories
in storage prior to its distribution to appropriate agencies; prepares
requests to replenish stock of batteries, antennas, and microphones as
to maintain adequate supplies; programs two-way radios using desk top
and/or portable computers in preparation of issuance to personnel and
makes modifications as required; assists the Radio System Manager and
acts as such in his/her absence; monitors the condition and readiness
of systems through regular site inspection; checks standby generators
for proper operation and adequate fuel supply; acts as a liaison with
all County agencies, vendors and contractors on matters relating to
two-way radio communications projects and programs; and provides
assistance and training to using agencies in the proper use of radio
equipment.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

Applicants must possess a high school diploma supplemented by two (2)
years of education majoring in the field of Engineering,
Communications or related field from an accredited college or
university plus related experience in telecommunication field or
two-way radio communication work to include programming, inventory
maintenance and inspection of telecommunications equipment. An
equivalent combination of relevant training, education and experience
of the type required of this position will be considered.  Each
applicant must include information that clearly and convincingly
demonstrates the above qualifications for this position.

CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:

Must submit to and pass a background investigation.

DURATION OF ELIGIBILITY:

Candidates will be selected from a temporary register of eligibles,
which will become effective approximately four (4) weeks after the
closing date.  Once a selection has been made, the register will
expire.

ELIGIBILITY TO WORK:

Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is
required to hire only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien
workers. Applicants who are selected for employment will be required
to show and verify authorization to work in the United States.

CLOSING DATE:

All completed applications (walk-in, postal mail, e-mail and courier
mail) MUST be received in the Office of Personnel and Labor Relations
by 5:00 p.m., on June 03, 2004.

Forward completed applications to:

THE PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF PERSONNEL&LABOR RELATIONS
1400 McCormick Drive, Suite 159, Largo, MD 20774
Internet Address: www.co.pg.md.us

UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED

Applications can be obtained at the Office of Personnel, any branch of
the Prince George's County Memorial Library System, downloaded, or you
may apply online.

Prince George's County Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/