Subject: [NEXTEL-1] TechnoConcepts' Technology Described to Participants at ``SVYAZ Expocomm-2004'' in Russia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:57:58 -0400

May 20, 2004 08:00 AM US Eastern Timezone

TechnoConcepts' Technology Described to Participants at ``SVYAZ
Expocomm-2004'' in Russia

\SVYAZ Expocomm-2004

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 20, 2004--TechnoConcepts,
Inc. (OTCBB: TCPS) Paniflov Indicated That Had TSR Technology Been
Available and Properly Implemented at the Time, Its Use by Various
Emergency Personnel Could Have Helped Alleviate Some of the
Communications Problems of 9/11 Dr. Oleg Paniflov, Chief Scientific
Officer of TechnoConcepts, Inc. (OTCBB: TCPS) recently described the
company's True Software Radio (TSR) wireless technology during a talk
before participants at SVYAZ Expocomm-2004, an international
telecommunications and wireless systems conference held recently in
Russia. Dr. Panfilov indicated that had the TSR technology been
available and properly implemented at the time, its use by various
emergency personnel could have helped alleviate some of the
communications problems previously faced by fire and police department
workers during emergencies, such as those experienced in New York on
9/11.

At the Moscow conference, Dr. Panfilov described TechnoConcepts' TSR
technology that converts radio frequency (RF) signals directly into
high-speed digital data (RF-to-D) streams, which can then be sorted and
demodulated with digital signal processing. This capability forms a
foundation for designing wireless communicators that are capable of
being reconfigured to receive at any frequency (frequency agile) and to
demodulate any protocol (set of rules for communicating, for example,
CDMS, TDMA, GSM) by a reconfiguration of software programming. "In
essence, our technology, when implemented, will enable wireless devices
to communicate with other wireless devices regardless of the type of
system used to broadcast," explained Antonio Turgeon, TechnoConcepts
chairman. He notes that some of the concerns that have faced homeland
security departments focus on just this issue - the ability of fire, EMS
and police departments to understand each other's radio communications.

"It's not just a function of frequency," Turgeon said. "It gets to the
heart of the wireless protocol and we believe our technology, when
properly employed, could greatly benefit homeland security, police,
fire, military - even consumer cell phone users."
At the Russian seminar, which included leaders of the international
wireless and telecommunications industry, Dr. Panilov noted that the
company's technology recently received a Notice of Allowance from the
U.S. Patent Office for 19 claims. "Our patent, when issued, will provide
a broad basis of protection for the intellectual property we have
created in developing a solution for two major problems in the
implementation of direct conversion baseband radio," said Turgeon.  Dr.
Panfilov, a computer and communications systems/network performance
optimization expert who previously served as a distinguished member of
the technical staff at Motorola, emphasized the technological and
financial benefits of using TSR technology to transition to the next
generation of wireless communications systems. Attending representatives
of several telecommunications and government organizations, from India
and Russia, identified a significant need for such a technology that
delivers a cost-effective solution for day-to-day operations.
TechnoConcepts recently announced the signing of agreements with
Taipei-based Zinwell Corporation, a major provider of CATV and satellite
set-top box receiving equipment and Taiwan-based Wistron NeWeb
Corporation, a mobile wireless communications products supplier. Both of
these companies are currently working with TechnoConcepts to define the
functional specification of their next generation wireless products
based upon the Company's patent pending TSR transceiver technology. As a
result of activities at the SVYAZ conference, the Company is engaged in
discussions with several scientists and government representatives of
Russian and Far Eastern organizations regarding business opportunities
and commercial realizations of Software Radio devices.

"We believe TechnoConcepts will derive significant benefit from these
relationships as they extend our commercial business opportunities into
Russia and the EU as well as additional Far Eastern opportunities.
Successful integration of the Company's technology into the next
generation of wireless systems can quickly make TechnoConcepts' TSR
technology available to the consumer as original equipment manufacturers
incorporate TSR into their own designs," stated Panfilov.
TechnoConcepts, Inc. has developed a technology that will enable
competing wireless standards to understand each other by incorporating a
transmitter/receiver (transceiver) based on a computer chip with
TechnoConcepts' revolutionary True Software Radio (TSR) technology to
process signals received from the antennae of wireless devices. With
this technology, cell phone users will be able to enjoy seamless roaming
anywhere in the world - police and fire departments will be able to talk
to each other regardless of their radio systems - and military forces
from various countries will be able to communicate with each other
directly. TSR is a cost-effective technology that will allow for direct
device-to-device communication. The company is working with a number of
major wireless communications companies for the use of its technology in
military, consumer and industrial applications.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20040520005087&newsLang=en

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/