Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 17:33:43 -0400

May 06, 2004                              www.wirelessdesignonline.com

 Featured Article                                   Featured Book
 Reflectometer Measurements -- Revisited               [Image]
 By Anritsu
                                               HF Filter Design and
  Twenty-four years ago Wiltron (now Anritsu)  Computer Simulation
 published a Technical Review "Why Tolerate    By Randall W. Rhea
 Unnecessary Measurement Errors", long since
 out of print. Thousands were printed and it    A book for engineers
 was widely used by test engineers. This       who design and build
 review will include some of the material      filters of all types,
 originally presented in 1975 -- as it still   including lumped
 very important -- and addresses problems      element, coaxial,
 that regularly appear in current              helical, dielectric
 applications...                               resonator, stripline,
                                               and microstrip types. A
 Top News Stories                              thorough review of
                                               classic and modern
        Cisco Adds WLAN Services Module To     filter design
 [Image]Catalyst 6500 Series Multilayer        techniques, containing
        Switch                                 extensive practical
        Electronic Components And Packaging    design information of
 [Image]Market Revenue To Surpass $17 Billion  passband
        By 2010                                characteristics,
                                               topologies and
 [Image]Tao Group Receives Additional $7       transformations,
        Million In Funding                     component effects and

 [Image]Atmel Release New Dual 8-Bit 500 Msps  matching...
        Analog-To-Digital Converter
                                                 Consulting Services
 [Image]Chipcon Offers IEEE 802.15.4 MAC       ProSavvy brings clients
        Sub-Layer Implementation
                                               with projects together
 [Image]Powerwave Completes Exchange Offer     with consultants who
        For LGP Allgon
                                               have the right
        Maxwell's 4th Annual BOOSTCAP DAY      expertise. We also
 [Image]Showcases New Ultracapacitor           provide consultants the
        Products, Applications                 ability to access
 Featured Products                             project opportunities.
 Synthesized Ka-Band Communication     [Image] Visit ProSavvy and post
 Converters                                    your project today!
 MITEQ offers the 9400 series                     Training Resources
 synthesized frequency converters
 operating in the Ka communication             Thinking About
 bands. An internal synthesizer                Continuing Your
 provides frequency tuning in 125 KHz          Education?
 step size. Level control is available         Let us help you find the
 via the front panel or the remote             right school for you.
 control interface. Downloadable               Whether you would like
 product datasheet available...                to get an Associate's
                                               Degree, Bachelor's
 RF3146 Quad-Band Power Amplifier      [Image] Degree, or Master's
 Module                                        Degree, we can help you
 RF Micro Devices' RF3146 quad-band            pinpoint which schools
 PowerStar power amplifier module with         to choose from. For
 integrated power control circuitry            further details, visit
 eliminates the need for external              CareerMag.
 power detectors, directional                     Trade Publications
 couplers, feedback circuits, and
 auxiliary DACS. Downloadable product          Browse the extensive
 flyer available...                            list of complimentary
                                               trade publications.
 XP1000 17.0-24.0 GHz GaAs MMIC Power  [Image] Visit our Trade
 Amplifier                                     Publications page for
 Mimix Broadband's two-stage 17.0-24.0         more information.
 GHz GaAs MMIC power amplifier is
 optimized for linear operation with a
 typical third order intercept point
 of +37.0 dBm. The device also
 includes Lange couplers to achieve
 good input/output return loss.
 Downloadable product datasheet
 available...

 Omni-Directional Antennas -           [Image]
 Applications At 2.4 GHz
 Mobile Mark's omni-directional
 antennas are ideal for multipoint
 applications such as WLAN, video, and
 data systems. They offer uniform
 coverage and excellent frequency
 response. The tough fiberglass radome
 can withstand the harshest
 environments. Downloadable product
 datasheets available...

 -