Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] 6:1 Vocoder, Marcel you were RIGHT!!!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 03:04:05 -0400

Hey Sparkie,

Here we are over a year late and Stumbling, Bubbling, Mumbling Barry
West Still can't get the vocoder right!
Last time we visited this issue Timmy said Midyear 2004. Now at today's
conf. Nextel said they still have problems, Now they hope for testing in South Cali and South Fl in Q3 2004 followed by 2005 nationwide rollout.  
I say Q2 2005 or later (I once gave them until Q3 2004) This is humiliating for nextel since they hyped
this so much. Sounds like lawsuit time.

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.

Remember this from 11/2003

Deja Vu??? How long will it take for Wall Street to remember this??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I predicted problems with the new vocoder when it was in "Alpha". 
Just like the old days they are trying to hype technology that has not
been perfected. 
Hype like this lead  to the $27M lawsuit settlement. 

From The $27M settlement: 

BACKGROUND OF LITIGATION 

"The Actions assert various claims on behalf of purchasers of the common
stock of  Nextel Communications, Inc. (“Nextel”) during the period July
22, 1993 through January 10, 1995, inclusive. Plaintiffs allege, among
other things, that Defendants (hereinafter defined) violated the federal
securities laws and state common law  by issuing various allegedly
misleading statements and disseminating allegedly misleading documents
to the investing public pertaining to the commercial viability of a
wireless communications technology deployed by Nextel." 

Nextel Hyped & Hyped the 6:1 Vocoder in 1995.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------- Original Message --------
From: Marcelrf <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] 6:1 Vocoder, Marcel you were RIGHT!!!
To: [email-masked]
2/19/2004 

It won't be Midyear 2004 more like Q4.
Now they are having problems with the new AMBE vocoder.
The boys in in "Da-LAB" said the new vocoder is SUCKING UP power "Like
an
alcoholic at a Wisky Factory" according to one Engineer..

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.

sparkie_rf wrote:

> They now say maybe they can turn it on midyear 2004.
>
> Thats almost a year behind schedule.
>
> Same as it ever was.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: sparkie_rf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:00:20 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Marcelrf@B... wrote:
> conf. Nextel said they still have problems, Now they hope for
testing in South Cali and South Fl in Q3 2004 followed by 2005
nationwide rollout.  
> this so much. Sounds like lawsuit time.

Marcel you nailed these guys once again.

Frankly I think Timmy and Bumbles should both be made honorary members
of the 'Talking Heads'. Maybe for $10 or something we could get a
certificate made up and send it to them.

Indeed, 'same as it ever was.'

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:05:07 -0400

Sparkie,

Did Timmy also pull a fast one with WiDEN? I remember Nextel
originally stated 2yrs ago that WiDEN will deliver Max speeds of 132 Kps. At the
conf. Timmy now say's 60-80 Kbps. Do you remember this? I smell another Bumbles OPPSSS!
I will check the Nextel-1 library. 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links