Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Wireless Design Online Newsletter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:09:38 -0400

May 11, 2004                              www.wirelessdesignonline.com

 Featured Download                                  Featured CD-ROM
 Circuit Designer's Notebook: Piezoelectric             [Image]
 Effect In Ceramic Capacitors
 By American Technical Ceramics                 RF/Microwave Transistor
                                                Amplifier Design
  The Greek root of the word piezo means "to    Instructor: Les Besser
 press". In 1880, Jacques and Pierre Curie
 discovered that pressure applied to a quartz    This course is a
 crystal creates an electrical potential on     comprehensive treatment
 the crystal. Likewise, they also discovered    of amplifier design
 that an electrical potential impressed on the  techniques, including
 crystal creates a deformation of the crystal.  computer-aided
 They referred to this phenomenon as the        simulation and
 piezoelectric effect...                        synthesis. The course
                                                emphasizes CAD
 Top News Stories                               applications and
                                                contains numerous real
 [Image]RFDomus Introduces Q-MAX Technology     life design examples
                                                that illustrate the
 [Image]Agilent Enhances Test Set To Support    principles discussed...
        Emerging Wireless Technologies

 [Image]Mimix Broadband Introduces 35-45 GHz      Consulting Services
        GaAs MMIC Receiver
                                                ProSavvy brings clients
 [Image]Bluetooth-Enabled Products Poised To    with projects together
        Swim In The Mainstream                  with consultants who
                                                have the right
 [Image]WiMedia Alliance Announces Support For  expertise. We also
        MBOA's UWB Specs
                                                provide consultants the
 [Image]Worldwide Mobile Phone Market Grows     ability to access
        29% Year Over Year, Says IDC
                                                project opportunities.
 Featured Products                              Visit ProSavvy and post
 EMI Grounding Washers                  [Image] your project today!
 MAJR Products' EMI/RFI grounding
 washers are manufactured from knitted             Training Resources
 wire mesh stocking that is formed into         Thinking About
 a resilient metal washer by                    Continuing Your
 compressing in a close-tolerance               Education?
 forming die. The grounding washer can          Let us help you find
 be supplied in various diameters and           the right school for
 thicknesses to satisfy many                    you. Whether you would
 requirements...                                like to get an
                                                Associate's Degree,
 CMOS Image Sensors                     [Image] Bachelor's Degree, or
 Micron Technology's CMOS image sensors         Master's Degree, we can
 draw much less power than CCDs. This           help you pinpoint which
 allows the finished digital camera             schools to choose from.
 system to run longer on batteries -- a         For further details,
 major advantage in hand-held products.         visit CareerMag.
 Downloadable product flyers are
 available...                                      Trade Publications
                                                Browse the extensive
 Wireless Radio And Antenna Products            list of complimentary
 Orban Microwave Products designs and           trade publications.
 manufactures wireless radio and                Visit our Trade
 antenna products for both the                  Publications page for
 commercial and high-end markets. The           more information.
 company was established as an
 independent RF and microwave design
 organization concentrating on projects
 in the 1 to 20 GHz frequency range...

 Sonnet Lite                            [Image]
 Sonnet Lite is a free, feature-limited
 version of Sonnet's professional
 Sonnet Suite for EM analysis.
 Manufacturers of high-frequency
 components and boards depend on Sonnet
 to analyze their predominantly planar
 high-frequency designs from 1 MHz
 through several THz. Downloadable
 software is available...

 -
 I