Subject: [NEXTEL-1] CQ, CQ, CQ - LIMARC Spring Communications Flea Market & Swap Meet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 19:55:37 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Ed Muro" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  LIMARC Spring Communications Flea Market & Swap Meet

Since 1965 the Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club (LIMARC), a 
not-for-profit corporation, has been serving the public interest. Our
goal 
is that in cooperation with other organizations and agencies, we promote
the 
advancement of public service and safety through amateur radio 
communications.

We actively encourage participation of our members in emergency 
communications, so that the safety of the public may be better served.
Many 
of our members have provided emergency communications for organizations
such 
as the American Red Cross and the Nassau County Office of Emergency 
Management through umbrella organizations such as RACES and ARES. Our 
members and equipment have been utilized at events such as the TWA-800 
crash, the 9-11 recovery effort, and most recently during the widespread 
blackout in August of 2003. We also will be supporting the Long Island 
Marathon in May.

In order to subsidize our operations, we hold several hamfests each
year. A 
hamfest, is a communications related flea market where vendors gather
and 
sell their goods and services. We would appreciate any help you can
offer in 
publicizing our next event which will be held on June 13th, 2004.

The details are as follows:
Date: Sunday, June 13, 2004
Place: Briarcliffe College, 1055 Stewart Avenue, Bethpage, NY 11714

Gates open 9:00 AM for buyers

General Admission: $6.00*
*children 11 and under (accompanied by a paying adult) & non-ham
sweethearts 
FREE!

Free parking for buyers!
Door Prizes!
Food & Refreshments Available

Sellers: All spaces $10.00. Admission for each person including the main 
vendor is $6.00 each.
Gates open to sellers at 7:30 AM
Bring your own table/chair/umbrella

Talk-in on W2VL, 146.85 - repeater - 136.5 PL

For more information, e-mail Brian Gelber at: [email-masked]

Directions:

>From LIE
Take LIE to exit 44S (Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway-Rte 135) South to
exit 9 
(Broadway, Bethpage). Make a right turn onto Broadway and bear right
onto 
Cherry Avenue. Go past Bethpage High School and at the light make a
right 
turn onto Stewart Avenue. Go past the flashing light and watch for 
Briarcliffe College on your left - watch for the hamfest entrance.

>From Northern State Pkwy: Take the Parkway to exit 36A South (Seaford-Oyster 
Bay Expressway-Rt3 135) and follow directions above.

>From Southern State Pkwy: Take the Parkway to exit 28AN (Seaford-Oyster Bay 
Expressway-Rte 135) North to exit 9 (Plainview Road). Make an immediate
left 
at the bottom of the ramp (under the Expressway) onto Broadway and
follow 
the LIE directions above to the college.

Thank you very much.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/