Subject: [NEXTEL-1] [Tower-pro] Fw: Nick Berg-Tower-pro member is missing in Iraq]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 10:16:41 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: John Hettish <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tower-pro] Fw: Nick Berg-Tower-pro member is missing in Iraq
To: [email-masked]

Many of you may have already seen this message.  Since there has been
talk
on Tower-pro about work in Iraq this might shed some light on conditions
in
that country for contractors.  I thought the members of Tower-pro should
see
this.

John Hettish

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Friends and Customers of Nick Berg and Prometheus Towers,

I am enclosing the following news release which my wife and I are about
to
release to the media for you. If anyone out there in the broadcast
industry
can do anything to help us spread the word about our son's disappearance
especially to the Mid East, we would be very appreciative:

On March 14 our son, Nick Berg, left for Iraq to inspect some radio
towers
that had been damaged during last year’s war. His goal was to secure
some
contract work for his business, Prometheus Methods Tower Service.  He
planned to return on March 30 through Amman, Jordan.

On March 24, Nick was picked up by the Iraqi police in Mosul and held
for
questioning for no apparent reason.  He was subsequently detained by the
U.S. military and interrogated by the FBI until his release on April 6. 
No
reason was ever given for holding him for these 13 days.  Immediately
upon
his release he emailed the family and proceeded south to Baghdad where
he
was staying at the Al Fanar Hotel.

On April 9 he called us and said that he was seeking a safe route out of
the
country either through Jordan, or possibly Turkey. Most of the major
routes
were closed due to military action around Fallujah.  Since that time we
have
had no contact with our son.  No one we know in Iraq has seen or spoken
to
him, and we know that he has not accessed his email. We are extremely
worried about his safety.  We are asking anyone who has seen Nick or
knows
anything about his whereabouts to come forward and give us this
information
so that he can be safely brought home.

We extend our sympathies to all of the many  families who are in the
same
situation.

Suzanne and Michael Berg
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/