Subject: [NEXTEL-1] FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETING THURSDAY, MAY 13, 2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 20:16:08 -0400

May 6, 2004

FCC TO HOLD OPEN COMMISSION MEETING THURSDAY, MAY 13, 2004

The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting on the
subjects listed below on Thursday, May 13, 2004, which is scheduled to
commence at 9:30 a.m. in Room TW-C305, at 445 12th Street, S. W.,
Washington, D.C.

ITEM NO. BUREAU SUBJECT
1 WIRELESS TELE-COMMUNICATIONS,WIRELINE COMPETITION, AND CONSUMER &
GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS The Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, Wireline
Competition Bureau and the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau will
present a progress report on number portability implementation.

2 WIRELINE COMPETITION TITLE:  Access Charge Reform (CC Docket No.
96-262); Reform of Access Charges Imposed by Competitive Local Exchange
Carriers; and Petition of Z-tel Communications, Inc. for Temporary
Waiver of Commission Rule 61.26(d) to Facilitate Deployment of
Competitive Service in Certain Metropolitan Statistical Areas.
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider an Eighth Report and Order and
Fifth Order on Reconsideration concerning amendments to and
clarification of the rules governing the tariffing of interstate
switched exchange access services provided by competitive LECs.

3 WIRELINE COMPETITION TITLE:  The Use of N11 Codes and Other
Abbreviated Dialing Arrangements (CC Docket No. 92-105).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
seeking comment on various abbreviated dialing arrangements that could
be used by state “One Call” notification systems in compliance with the
Pipeline Safety Improvement Act of 2002.

4 INTERNATIONAL TITLE:  AT&T Corp. Emergency Petition for Settlements
Stop Payment Order and Request for Immediate Interim Relief (IB Docket
No. 03-38); and Petition of WorldCom, Inc. for Prevention of
“Whipsawing” on the U.S.-Philippines Route.
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider an Order on Review that will
address petitions for review of the March 10, 2003 Order finding that
the Philippine carriers named in that Order “whipsawed” U.S. carriers,
and ordering the suspension of payments for termination services to the
Philippine carriers pending restoration of circuits.

5 OFFICE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY TITLE:  Unlicensed Operation in
the TV Broadcast Bands; Additional Spectrum for Unlicensed Devices Below
900 MHz and in the 3 GHz Band (ET Docket No. 02-380).
SUMMARY:  The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
concerning unlicensed operation in the TV broadcast bands.

Additional information concerning this meeting may be obtained from
Audrey Spivack or David Fiske, Office of Media Relations, (202)
418-0500; TTY 1-888-835-5322.

Audio/Video coverage of the meeting will be broadcast live over the
Internet from the FCC's Audio/Video Events web page at
www.fcc.gov/realaudio.

 For a fee this meeting can be viewed live over George Mason
University's Capitol Connection.  The Capitol Connection also will carry
the meeting live via the Internet.  To purchase these services call
(703) 993-3100 or go to www.capitolconnection.gmu.edu.  Audio and video
tapes of this meeting can be purchased from CACI Productions, 341
Victory Drive, Herndon, VA 20170, (703) 834-1470, Ext. 19; Fax (703)
834-0111.

Copies of materials adopted at this meeting can be purchased from the
FCC's duplicating contractor, Qualex International (202) 863-2893; Fax
(202) 863-2898; TTY (202) 863-2897. These copies are available in paper
format and alternative media, including large print/type; digital disk;
and audio tape.  Qualex International may be reached by e-mail at
[email-masked].

 -FCC-

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-246980A1.doc

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/