Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NYC issues RFP for 4.9 GHz public-safety network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:00:24 -0400

NYC issues RFP for 4.9 GHz public-safety network
By JEFFREY SILVA
May 12 12:42:00, 2004

WASHINGTON—The City of New York issued a request for proposals for
construction of a multimillion–dollar public safety
wireless network likely using 4.9 GHz spectrum licensed to the municipal
government.

The contract breaks out classes of applications including wireless
broadband public safety (high-speed data and video),
wireless automatic vehicle location, wireless emergency call boxes and
wireless traffic signal control.

While New York City holds 4.9 GHz permits, officials have not ruled out
solutions using a third-party’s licensed spectrum.

The scheduled project start date is this fall.

New York State plans to contract out the design and construction of a
separate wireless network to be paid for with the
911 wireless surcharge.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18071
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/