Subject: [NEXTEL-1] The Rappaport Legacy Continues- MPRG Rocks and Rolls at The Wireless Valley (GO Tech!)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 10:43:09 -0400

The Rappaport Legacy Continues- MPRG Rocks and Rolls at The Wireless Valley (GO Tech!)
Save time and money by eliminating the unknowns of wireless networks

Until now, wireless network deployment and management has involved guess
work, trial and error, wasted time, and poor performance. Wireless
coverage, interference, and security problems continue to hinder the
wireless revolution as networks expand into buildings, campuses and
homes.

Wireless Valley is empowering the wireless industry by eliminating
wasted time and effort, while providing the assurance that installed
networks perform properly the first time, and over time. SitePlanner®
and LANPlanner® are the world's standard for site-specific network
management software -- these products handle every aspect of the
wireless design and deployment process from cradle to grave, saving huge
amounts of time, avoiding poorly performing networks, eliminating
guesswork, and creating a standardized process for rapid network
deployment and on-going management, maintenance, and build-out of
wireless networks.

LANPlanner® is a complete Wireless LAN design suite for prediction,
measurement, optimization and asset management. LANPlanner provides many
of the same features that come in our popular SitePlanner suite;
however, LANPlanner's measurement module (LANFielder) is designed
specifically to work with any WLAN PCMCIA card to gather measurement
information for testing, verification and optimization purposes.
InFielder® is available as an add-on to enable measurement of
cellular/PCS systems.

LANPlanner contains three distinct modules:

Predictor - Visualize in full color the performance of your wireless
network including vital information such as RSSI (Received Signal
Strength Indicator), SIR (Signal to Interference Ratio), SNR (Signal to
Noise Ratio), bit error rate, end user throughput and a full link budget
and bill of materials.

LANFielder - Instantly verify and record vital network performance
statistics directly from an IEEE 802.11a/b/g, HomeRF, HiperLAN or
Bluetooth WLAN card. Some of the network performance statistics
LANFielder can collect includes: RSSI, packet throughput, error rate,
latency and jitter. Quickly detect rogue access points.
Optimatic - Use your valuable field measurement data taken with
LANFielder or InFielder to optimize your wireless system predictions.

LANPlanner is an ideal software product for large manufacturers, value
added resellers, consultants, wireless ISPs or building owners who are
tasked with many phases of indoor or campus wireless data network
deployment and management for many different buildings -- LANPlanner
keeps complete and easy-to-use records of all technical, fiscal, and
maintenance details for each job, and provides a single solution that
your enterprise can use to handle all tasks associated with the
cradle-to-grave design, deployment and management of campus networks!
And since most indoor and campus networks involved hidden access points
and wiring that are not easy to find and can be lost over time,
LANPlanner's patented graphical models let you visualize where all
infrastructure equipment is located, directly on the electronic
blueprint, so your staff can rapidly find any network component.

Starting with an aerial photo or scaled or scanned drawing of a campus
or urban core, LANPlanner enables efficient campus design by allowing
the design engineer to interactively place access points or repeaters
with a click of mouse. The resulting coverage and capacity can then be
visualized in 2D/3D using the Predictor module of LANPlanner, and
measured for verification and optimization using the LANFielder module
of LANPlanner. With LANPlanner, any environment can be rapidly designed,
measured and optimized for coverage, capacity and cost -- within
seconds! After the system is installed, LANPlanner adds even greater
value, by providing the ability to remotely monitor and to rapidly
visualize the physical location of the installed network assets, while
providing an easy maintenance and management capability for on-going
network support.
Design and system engineers can now design, test, and manage WLAN
systems for indoor microcells that meet the design specifications with
LANPlanner.  Accurate propagation modeling, and fast comparison with
field measurements, means you will know how a given antenna arrangement
will work when it is installed, saving time and money. LANPlanner makes
link-budgeting, performance modeling, and cost/maintenance accounting
extremely convenient with a simple click of the mouse.

Rendered 2D/3D display of
performance prediction of an
existing IEEE 802.11 WLAN system
using LANPlanner®. Color notation
gives an immediate idea of how the
system will behave, while storing
the physical location of all
infrastructure assets.

With rapid visual feedback and intuitive graphical interfaces provided
in LANPlanner, you have time to try several strawman design scenarios
and pick the best (or the least expensive) one. Then, use LANPlanner to
actually measure and optimize your design in the field - comparing your
design with field measurements in real time in the same software
package! When the project is wrapped up, the LANPlanner files associated
with it are automatically saved by the specific job, for later revisions
or trouble shooting, and have convenient maintenance records,
troubleshooting logs, and remote monitoring capability. Everyone in your
organization can easily share and archive design, performance and cost
information with LANPlanner, providing a convenient standard for
tracking all of your jobs.

LANPlanner is excellent for manufacturers, system integrators, and
carriers that provide, install or manage wired or wireless indoor
systems for its customers, since all bids and ongoing records for every
system sold is easily stored and archived for future technical and sales
records. Troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance is easily handled in
the same product that provides bid and design functions, field survey
functions, and optimization functions! All your indoor and campus
projects are universally handled and managed using LANPlanner, saving
huge amounts of time and travel, both in the initial bid and design
stage, as well as in the on-going maintenance and management phase of a
network!
Handy Project-Management Features in LANPlanner:

Automated Bill of Materials for graphically and textually accounting
for equipment

Equipment and installation cost tracking and maintenance records
Fast redesign process when wireless systems need change or
modification

Plug-and-play operation with over a dozen real-time field
measurement receivers

Powerful Graphical output for the project approval process and
ongoing management

Rapid tradeoff analysis for antenna layouts, equipment specs, and
performance

Completely transportable system design and management archiving
for job histories

The entire design process starts with BDM™ (Building Database
Manipulator).

BDM is LANPlanner's unique tool set for converting drawing files or
paper floor plans into multiple-story building databases quickly and
efficiently. Drawing files are converted to building databases one
partition type at a time. You can also use digital photos to create a
building database or a simple sketch may be used to rapidly generate the
environment of interest. A large drawing like the one sampled below
takes only a few minutes to convert. Scanned paper floor plans are
imported into a blank drawing space. A database of partition types,
locations and heights is entered simply by tracing over the scanned
image. Then use Predictor, InFielder and Optimatic (all bundled in
LANPlanner) to handle all aspects of wireless design, measurement and
optimization.

http://www.wirelessvalley.com/