Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Telstra plans GSM-based PTT service for June

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 01:10:54 -0400

Telstra plans GSM-based PTT service for June
May 13 13:24:00, 2004

SYDNEY, Australia—Telstra, the largest mobile operator in Australia,
said it will launch push-to-talk services in June following a trial that
included 12 Telstra business and government customers using 60 handsets.
The carrier will first launch the service on its GSM network, with a
CDMA version to be available later in the year.

The carrier said its national GSM/GPRS network is fully PTT capable, and
handsets will be available in early June.
“We are expecting keen interest from customers who need to communicate
with groups at a single time such as transport and logistics,
construction and building, manufacturing and retail businesses,” said
Murray Bergin, managing director of Telstra business and government
mobile solutions.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18093

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/