Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re:Money Talks:- $225,000.00 Reasons Why The City Of Denver & Nextel Buddied up....

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:06:04 -0400

Chuck Dennis wrote:

>  Excellent article.  A reflection of my opinion on the subject of the
> Nextel concensus plan.  It is extremely difficult to react to the
> "heart rendering" cries of Police and Fire about no signal, when while
> they are expressing their grief, they need to move their Nextel phone
> around on their belt to reach a handkerchief.   Money is talking, but
> it is the carrier Nextel who is giving member discounts to Public
> Safety support agencies, like the MSFA.  These type of agreements lead
> to endorsements for the so called consensus plan, for few members of
> these faternal organizations understand or care about any type of GHz,
> just that they are getting a cheaper, phone with "walkie-talkie"
> features and possibly lots of money to upgrade their aging or failing
> radio systems.
> Just my personal opinionChuck

Endorsements? Do you think so? Lets see.........

Repost- 9/23/2003

$225,000.00 Reasons Why The City Of Denver & Nextel Buddied up.....

1) 2000- Denver Complains to Major Cities Chiefs & APCO about Nextel
interference-

http://admin.denvergov.org/admin/template3/forms/accompfinal.pdf
http://www.apco911.org/frequency/project_39/combined_002.txt

2) 2002- Denver Receives Hundreds of free Nextel phones- Valued at
$75,000
http://admin.denvergov.org/admin/template3/forms/accompfinal.pdf

3) 2002- Denver Police Department receives $150,000 from Nextel.
http://www.denvergov.org/Police/240news.asp

4) 2003- Denver sends a  letter in support of the "Consensus Plan" to
the FCC for
Nextel.
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6514086094

5)2003-  Denver's Attorney Visits the FCC On Their Behalf
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=\6514782167

The saga continues.........

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/