Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel CEO Confirms 2004 Guidance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:04:04 -0400

Nextel CEO Confirms 2004 Guidance
Monday May 24, 2:25 pm ET 

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2004--Speaking at the 
Lehman Brothers Global Wireless Conference, Nextel 
Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL - News) President and 
CEO Tim Donahue will reaffirm the company's full-year 2004 
guidance. Donahue will also emphasize his staunch support for 
the Consensus Plan, which is a fully funded, comprehensive 
solution to eliminate public safety radio interference at 800MHz. 

"Coming off a strong first quarter, we see Nextel's robust 
business trends continuing. We are firmly on track to achieve our 
2004 guidance," stated Donahue. 

Regarding the Consensus Plan, which is currently pending 
before the Federal Communications Commission, Donahue will 
declare his steadfast support: 

"Over the past three years, we have worked tirelessly, arm in arm 
with the public safety community to resolve this interference 
issue. Together, we have submitted a sound and fair proposal 
that holds public safety paramount while respecting the needs of 
our stockholders," said Donahue. "Those that stand in the Plan's 
way, only seek to derail a balanced compromise in favor of their 
private interests. I am confident the FCC will do the right thing by 
adopting the Consensus Plan." 

Nextel provides differentiated wireless services to almost 14 
million high-value subscribers, including subscribers of Boost 
Mobile(SM) pre-paid service. The company continues to enhance 
its Push To Talk(SM) service with the launching of International 
Direct Connect(SM) -- the long-range digital walkie-talkie service 
that provides under-a-second digital walkie-talkie connections 
between the United States, Brazil, Argentina and Peru as well as 
between the United States and Canada and soon Mexico. Nextel 
is also preparing to launch a new line of exciting wireless 
phones that includes a camera phone, a Smartphone and the 
smallest and sleekest iDEN phone ever made.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/