Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Techcom Inc On iDEN Interference-

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:24:53 -0400

Comments on Gazette Notice DGTP-003-02

June 10th 2002

In reference to Telus request, we at Techcom Inc. endorse under certain
conditions this request to modify the treatment of the spectrum cap for
ESMR and for SMR purposes.  Our understanding is that, this modification
would not be limited to Telus needs, in our opinion and as one of the
largest SMR independent operator at 800Mhz, Industry Canada must grant
identical rights to all SMR operators in Canada.  It should be noted
that our position is that Telus or any other carrier should be allowed
to continue its expansion without spectrum limitation where available.
Conditional to this privilege and prior to, Telus must be made fully
responsible to resolve all interferences issues (current or in the
future) caused, voluntary or not, by ESMR systems across Canada.

Obviously, by removing the spectrum cap, the fundamental vocation of the
800 MHz band will change forever. Such change should not be to transform
the band for the sole purpose of cellular or cellular like operation and
at the expense of the smaller SMR carriers, the original incumbents. Our
endorsement is also conditional to Industry Canada strongly policing and
protecting the interest of the smaller carriers. Our recommendation is
that Industry Canada would have to exercise a much tighter control on
the interference issues know to be caused by ESMR. Industry Canada would
have to react quickly and decisively to any interference issues by
forcing Telus to immediately shut down within 24 hours any problem ESMR
channels and not be allowed to reopen such channels in the same given
area.

Furthermore, we believe that Telus must also take its responsibilities
and compensate SMR operators for past and/or future revenues losses
caused by ESMR interference.  The compensation will be must made prior
to the authorization being granted to all current 800 SMR operator who
has signified to Telus interference problems in the last 2 years. The
amount of the compensation is the equivalent of 10 times the yearly loss
revenues plus a fix amount of $500.00 per subscriber units in order to
compensate the SMR operator for the amount of time and resources
invested to resolve the problem and salvage the customer. In most cases
this fix amount will be used to purchase new subscribers units and to
relocate it in a new band.
We look forward to other comments and Industry Canada position in this
matter.

Best regards
Richard L’Abbe
Vice President Corporate Development
Techcom Inc.
514 863 6848

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/insmt-gst.nsf/vwapj/techcom-003.pdf/$FILE/techcom-003.pdf

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/