Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] The next big thing in Web access: Power lines

From: "Kenneth Van Patten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:02:01 -0400

Why should we drop a perfectly good system with 50 Miles of coverage and we own the towers. It doesn't cost much to operate this system other then maintenance. I sold many of our 800 MHz licenses to Nextel in the nineties. I never regretted it Because I have a 58'  Oceans cruiser that burns a lot of diesel full.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Bill Smith 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 6:28 PM
  Subject: RE: [NEXTEL-1] The next big thing in Web access: Power lines

  Well, the obvious solution is to dump the low band and go NEXTEL!!!!!!!  J

  What's Nextel's position on BPL? I would think they support it since it might force a few customers their way. Or are they against it because THEY want the data business?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: Kenneth Van Patten [mailto:[email-masked]] 
  Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 14:34
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] The next big thing in Web access: Power lines

  Not really, I was sitting here listening to the power line hum in our lowband base station receiver when that article popped up.  

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: SueNY 

    To: [email-masked] 

    Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:05 PM

    Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] The next big thing in Web access: Power lines

    Having a bad day are we??

    SueNY

  -- 
      "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
    Note The New address 
  Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

    "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
  Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

    "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
       The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
  Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
              ADVERTISEMENT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Links

    a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
      
    b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email-masked]
      
    c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:24:27 -0400

I would not drop it.

When does the cruiser leave?

Nextel's money spends well!

Kenneth Van Patten wrote:

> Why should we drop a perfectly good system with 50 Miles of coverage
> and we own the towers. It doesn't cost much to operate this system
> other then maintenance.
>
> I sold many of our 800 MHz licenses to Nextel in the nineties. I never
> regretted it Because I have a 58'  Oceans cruiser that burns a lot of
> diesel full.

---

From: "Bill Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 21:36:00 -0400

I agree. I love low band. My employer has a large low band system, well over
50 sites, and it works well. The problem is: the FCC is blind to the reality
that it will cause significant harm to low band and HF services.

Then again, low band has been prone to all kinds of interference as long as
I have been in 2-way, which is over 30 years. Skip, which we all live with.
The noise floor, which is always increasing as more devices use digital
logic and trees wiping out those big tall antennas.

  _____  

From: Kenneth Van Patten [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 19:02
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1] The next big thing in Web access: Power lines

Why should we drop a perfectly good system with 50 Miles of coverage and we
own the towers. It doesn't cost much to operate this system other then
maintenance. I sold many of our 800 MHz licenses to Nextel in the nineties.
I never regretted it Because I have a 58'  Oceans cruiser that burns a lot
of diesel full.

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Bill Smith <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Well, the obvious solution is to dump the low band and go NEXTEL!!!!!!!  :-)

What's Nextel's position on BPL? I would think they support it since it
might force a few customers their way. Or are they against it because THEY
want the data business?

  _____  

Not really, I was sitting here listening to the power line hum in our
lowband base station receiver when that article popped up.  

----- Original Message ----- 

From: SueNY <mailto:[email-masked]>  

SueNY

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

ADVERTISEMENT
 
<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=1293rieth/M=285832.4982638.6115487.1269404/D=groups
/S=1707367802:HM/EXP=1085094532/A=2142721/R=0/SIG=14di1pg12/*http:/www.house
holdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt=000&mc=01PSYAYA
004001B220000U0300L0020000000000&dest=HOME_PAGE> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=285832.4982638.6115487.1269404/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2142721/rand=993579717> 

  _____  

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/
  
*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=Unsubscribe> 
  
*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .