Subject: [NEXTEL-1] DURHAM BULLS ATHLETIC PARK GOES WIRELESS

From: "Rik Rasmussen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 03:18:17 -0400

DURHAM BULLS ATHLETIC PARK GOES WIRELESS

April 22, 2004 - The Durham Bulls Athletic Park now has something in common
with neighboring Research Triangle Park....the DBAP has gone hi tech.
Beginning this season, the ballpark will be a Road Runner Business Class Hot
Spot, courtesy of Time Warner Cable Commercial Services.

Wireless access is the latest and greatest development in Internet
technology, enhancing the fans’ experience by allowing them to get real time
game stats, player information and much more by accessing durhambulls.com
through their wireless devices such as laptops, cell phones, pagers and
PDAs.

"Scoring the game is an important tradition for the serious baseball fan,"
Durham Bulls General Manager Mike Birling said, "now, our totalcast software
will do it for you...at home or right at your seat."

The totalcast system, also new to the ballpark this season, allows fans to
follow the action pitch-by-pitch with complete lineups, game averages and
statistics, along with specific statistics such as where hits are landing, a
written play-by-play and defensive statistics. Fans can access totalcast on
the homepage of durhambulls.com.

Also reaping the benefits of the wireless internet are business persons who
will be able to enjoy any of the six day games remaining while staying in
touch with work and checking email. Luxury box owners can have meetings on
site and stay on for the game and members of the media will be able to
research their stories and send them to their editors in real-time.

"We're proud to be partners with the Durham Bulls on this initiative.
They're a great organization. The Road Runner Business Class Hot Spot adds
the capability for Bulls' fans, media and business guests to really leverage
the facility for an enhanced experience. This technology opens up a myriad
of possibilities," said Bo Coughlin, Vice President of Time Warner Cable
Commercial Services.

Rik Rasmussen
Communications Maintenance Administrator
City of Durham, NC
919-560-4175 x 244
919-560-4400 fax

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/