Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Nextel to offer Networks In Motion location service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:19:00 -0400

Nextel to offer Networks In Motion location service
May 12 13:14:00, 2004

IRVINE, Calif.—Wireless enterprise company Networks In Motion said it
released its new AtlasTrack location-services
product through Nextel Communications Inc. The company said the Java
application allows mobile workers to track tasks
and update their work status with location information gleaned through
the global positioning system functions in Nextel
handsets.

“The AtlasTrack solution expands the mobile workforce management options
available to Nextel customers by allowing
those in service, sales and fleet management to communicate with each
other while in the field,” said Stephen Petilli,
head of Networks In Motion.

Indeed, the number of such products may greatly increase in the coming
years, according to new research from Allied
Business Intelligence. The firm said GPS technologies could find a home
in mobile phones, but the cost of adding GPS
receivers into handsets must come down from $8 to less than $5. Nextel,
Verizon Wireless and Sprint are installing GPS
receivers into their handsets to meet the Federal Communications
Commission’s E911 mandate, and some in the
industry believe other carriers will do the same.

http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18079

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/