Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Public safety says CTIA proposal is 'time waster'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 09:45:21 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
From: "BobC" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Public safety says CTIA proposal is 'time waster'

Harlin, dog fighting is illegal in most, if not all, states these 
days. 

If anyone is responsible for "no movement" it's been Nextel and the 
FCC. Nextel won't move or do any more than it must to placate the 
complainants. The FCC wouldn't move to bring some semblence of 
engineering harmony to the table by telling Nextel to clean up it's 
act voluntarily or by mandate.

Now that I think about it, I could have said both these agencies are 
actually showing movement. They've both been spreading 
their "movements" around on the public for years now. But I'm not 
going to say that.

And to Werner et el, boycotts are just thinly disguised attempts to 
blackmail. In this case I doubt you could gather enough force to 
make a dent in the overall cellular community. Your boys won't give 
up their "beep beep beep phones" any sooner than their union 
contracts. 

>From what I read here, Public Safety is not concerned with fairness 
or justice..Only what "it" wants regardless of outcome to others.

This is the problem with the world today. No one cares about or 
gives much consideration to the next guy, just hooray for me and too 
bad for you.

By giving in to Nextel's "blackmail" or bribery [depending on which 
side of the table you're on] you reward the perp for just being 
there to rip off the convenience store.

It's not supposed to work that way.

How about this...auction off 1.9ghz and earmark the proceeds for PS 
rebanding without taking a dime[850 mill] from Nextel. Then, make 
Nextel move on it's own dime as it has offered to do before.

Should anyone pronounce that earmarking this auction proceed money 
is illegal, I say horse poop!

In light of this country fast becoming a "police state" I doubt it 
would take many lawyers or words to put in place an emergency ruling 
allowing those monies to be used for just this purpose on a one time 
basis.

Nah...won't happen..It's too easy a fix.

Just some thoughts...and a tweak or two.

BobC

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/