Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Re: Nextel CEO: 2.1 GHz alternative "unacceptable"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:09:25 -0400

It is really sad that Nextel keeps pulling these "shenanigans" to make them
look like the victim.
If I had a Single Site SMR on top of Metro Tech (No offense Felix) causing
interference to FDNY's 800 Mhz MDT  (who's HQ is downstairs in the same
bldg.) and DoITT 800 mhz System, how long do you think I would be on the
air.

1) 1 Week

2) 1 Year

3) 1 Day  (Until the "Bravest" FDNY made entry into my cabinet and pulled
the plug).

I would put my money on # 3..........

But Nextel has been allowed to continue operations with no problem.......

I can't wait until we get a real commish.

Can some check to see when Powell's office at Nextel will be ready?
I heard he will be located between two of his Former FCC buddies
Kennard and Foolsner.

"Melendez, Felix" wrote:

> Well that's just too bad! Maybe we should stay where we are and apply
> the BALANCED approach at their cost.
>
> Regards
>
> Felix Melendez
> Manager
> Wireless Systems Development
> City of New York
> Dept. of Information Technology and Telecommunications
> Tel 718-403-8278
> Fax 718-403-8241

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 1:32 PM
> To: [email-masked]; WFHSG
> Subject: [WFHSG] Nextel CEO: 2.1 GHz alternative "unacceptable"
>
> Nextel CEO: 2.1 GHz alternative "unacceptable"

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:34:59 -0400

Dear Mr. DOJ [email-masked]

Please look into the obvious and blatant preferential treatment by the FCC
Nextel has enjoyed over the years.
Please go back to at least 1999 when Nextel tried to circumvent a DOJ Consent
Decree on 900 Mhz spectrum. Also look into the dozens of waivers from the FCC
that Nextel has received over the years that are suspect.

Thanks Concerned U.S. Citizen-

---

From: Paul J Zawada <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:41:59 -0500

> 3) 1 Day  (Until the "Bravest" FDNY made entry into my cabinet and 

Pull the plug?  No Marcel, they'd probably pop the front and back doors 
off and run a hose through the cabinet.  :-)

--zawada

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:31:06 -0400

> off and run a hose through the cabinet.  :-)

I see you know my buddies from the Brooklyn Engine 214 and Ladder 111 - aka
"The Nuthouse"

http://www.brooklynskyline.com/news_article.asp?na=377

http://www.lsj.com/columnists/columnists/p_020427capnotebook_2b.html

God Speed To The Bravest & Finest!!

---

From: Joshua Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:57:47 -0700

> But Nextel has been allowed to continue operations with no 

You don't suppose the fact the a lot of federal/governmental agencies 
use Nextel has anything to do with the fact of why the fcc treats them 
like they do, do you? I know it wouldn't durprise me one bit.

 
Yahoo! Groups Links