Subject: [NEXTEL-1] NexGen City announces VoIP P2T handset for mesh networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 10:36:37 -0400

NexGen City announces VoIP P2T handset for mesh networks

IWCE/MRT, May 5 2004

NexGen City yesterday announced it has developed a voice-over-IP radio
handset with push-to-talk (P2T) and
personal-digital-assistant (PDA) features that can be used with the
company’s NexLink wireless broadband mobile mesh networks.

Testing of the NexPaq personal communicator for first responders is
underway, with the product planned for availability in the fourth
quarter, according to a NexGen City press release.

The NexPaq communicator is the industry’s first handset designed to
deliver VoIP traffic with P2T over a mesh network, the company said.

“The innovative design of our NexPaq communicator reflects extensive
feedback from local, state, and federal public safety officials and
users, as well as from city IT chiefs across the country,” said NexGen
City President Richard Dwelle. “We couldn’t find any commercially
available devices that matched our customers' needs, so we designed our
own from the ground up.”

Powered by an Intel 400 MHz microprocessor, the NexPaq communicator uses
the Linux operating system and includes a back-lit display, keypad,
cursor controls, and programmable multi-function keys. The radio has an
emergency call button, a channel selection switch, and volume control.

http://iwce-mrt.com/ar/radio_nexgen_city_announces/index.htm

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Yahoo! Domains - Claim yours for only $14.70
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/