Subject: [NEXTEL-1] SchoolDude.Com and Nextel Communications Offer New Wireless Applications Aimed at Improving America's Educational Facilities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 04:35:22 -0400

SchoolDude.Com and Nextel Communications Offer New Wireless Applications
Aimed at Improving America's Educational Facilities
Monday May 3, 10:16 am ET

Combination of Market-Leading Educational Facility Management
Applications with Wireless Technology Brings True Value to America's
Schools

CARY, N.C., May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- SchoolDude.com, the leading provider
of web-native facility management solutions for educational
institutions, today announced an agreement with Nextel Communications,
Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTL - News) to extend SchoolDude.com's market-leading
web-native facility management system capabilities on Nextel's
nationwide all-digital wireless network. This relationship will enable
school districts, colleges and universities to increase the productivity
and service levels of their mobile maintenance workers by allowing them
to receive work orders, record labor hours and close out work orders in
SchoolDude.com's work order and maintenance planning systems using
Nextel® handheld devices.

Designed exclusively for educational facility and business
professionals, the combined solution allows an authorized teacher,
custodian, faculty member or administrator to submit a work request from
any web browser through SchoolDude.com's mySchoolBuilding(TM) website.
SchoolDude.com's MaintenanceDirect(TM) work order system then receives,
assigns and routes the work order based on the origination location of
the request or the nature of the request. The work order can be routed
directly to a mobile maintenance worker's Nextel® handheld device
through SchoolDude.com's MDWireless(TM) wireless work order system. The
worker can then request more information, add labor hours or close out
the request on the Nextel device, while automatically notifying the
requester of the updated work order status. This approach increases
productivity and improves service levels by enabling workers to respond
more quickly to requests.

Offering affordable and cost-effective facility management technology to
educational institutions is crucial to the future of the American
educational system, which has recently seen maintenance and operations
budgets decline to a 30-year low according to American School and
University magazine(i). And despite the growing evidence that clean,
safe, comfortable school facilities positively affect student
performance(ii), estimates from School Business Affairs magazine
indicate there is $266 billion in unmet funding for deferred maintenance
and adequacy needs of school facilities (more than $5,000 per student
enrolled)(iii).

"We're very excited about joining forces with Nextel because we have
found that their Push-To-Talk(SM) walkie-talkie services have become the
communications system of choice in educational facility departments
across North America, and our clients clearly prefer Nextel's wireless
solutions," said Kent Hudson, Founder and CEO of SchoolDude.com. "Now,
our clients at more than 750 educational institutions across the nation,
as well as the estimated 60,000 maintenance workers who receive work
order assignments from our web-native systems, can extend the value of
their SchoolDude applications through the benefits of Nextel's wireless
technology."

About SchoolDude

SchoolDude is the nation's #1 provider of web-native facility management
solutions designed exclusively for the unique needs of educational
facility professionals. Backed by the industry's only Legendary Service
Program, SchoolDude's broad suite of online applications is
revolutionizing the business of managing educational facilities.
SchoolDude's web-native tools for facility management offer easy to use,
affordable solutions to help both small and large educational
institutions save money, increase efficiency and improve services. For
more information about SchoolDude, visit www.schooldude.com .
SchoolDude.com, MaintenanceDirect, MDWireless, and mySchoolBuilding are
trademarks of SchoolDude.com, Inc. of Cary, N.C.

(i)   American School & University, "32nd Annual M&O Cost Study: Absence
of Resources," April 2003, pg. 23.

(ii)  United States Department of Education, April 2000.

(iii) School Business Affairs, "The Condition of America's Schools: A
National Disgrace," December 2002,  pg. 15, Association of School
Business Officials, International.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040503/clm048_1.html

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/