Subject: Re: [NEXTEL-1]APCO REGIONAL COMMITTEE BREAKS FROM APCO NATIONAL ORGANIZATION ...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 13:42:38 -0400

I agree that is why I said ......

"This conflict will obviously create an issue if Bob  (as APCO's legal
mouth piece) were to file comments on this issue with the FCC. Now that
I have rattled the cage I'm sure we will see some comments filed. They
just may not be by Bob "

[email-masked] wrote:

>  I can't speak for APCO, and don't know the facts in this particular
> case, but the scenario that you lay out happens all of the time,
> particularly in this industry of our's, where lawyers that practice in
> the land mobile arena on a full time basis is maybe a handful. Alan In
> a message dated 5/3/2004 12:36:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>      I think this would be a poor reason for APCO to pass on
>      submitting
>      comments on this issue...  It's almost inevitable that some
>      sort of
>      potential conflict of interest will eventually emerge when a
>      large
>      organization retains a large law firm to do legal work on an
>      ongoing
>      basis.  All APCO has to do is go out and retain counsel from
>      another
>      firm to deal with this specific issue and plod forth, end of
>      story.
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:23:22 EDT

I can't speak for APCO, and don't know the facts in this particular case, but 
the scenario that you lay out happens all of the time, particularly in this 
industry of our's, where lawyers that practice in the land mobile arena on a 
full time basis is maybe a handful.

Alan

In a message dated 5/3/2004 12:36:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
I think this would be a poor reason for APCO to pass on submitting 
comments on this issue...  It's almost inevitable that some sort of 
potential conflict of interest will eventually emerge when a large 
organization retains a large law firm to do legal work on an ongoing 
basis.  All APCO has to do is go out and retain counsel from another 
firm to deal with this specific issue and plod forth, end of story.

---

From: Paul J Zawada <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:22:06 -0500

On May 3, 2004, at 12:23 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> the land mobile arena on a full time basis is maybe a handful.
>

Yes, I hadn't thought of that issue...  It's true that the number of 
attorneys who practice in the Land Mobile business full time is 
limited.  But furthermore, the problem is compounded by the fact that 
many of those attorneys or their firms have potential conflicts of 
interest by being engaged on the opposite side of APCO on the 800 MHz 
issue.   That alone makes a very small pool even smaller....

--zawada