Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Coca-Cola Creates Custom Phone for Promo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 21:56:16 -0400

Coca-Cola Creates Custom Phone for Promo
May 5, 2004

The FCC yesterday approved an entirely new type of cellular device
designed exclusively for a Coca-Cola promotion to take place this
summer. The device, which is shaped like a soda can, includes a
specialized GSM cellular phone and a GPS location-tracking device.
According to a reliable source at Coca-Cola, winners in the giveway will
find the device in a 12 pack of Coca-Cola cans. One of three buttons
connects the winner with a company representative, who will explain that
the person has won a Chevrolet Equinox SUV. Pressing a different button
activates the GPS beacon, which sends the winner's location to the
company, which will then deliver the prize to the winner's location.
Australian marketing company Momentum Worldwide developed the device for
Coca-Cola.

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=853

Coke's sodaphone
By Peter Rojas
May 5, 2004

Once again, courtesy of a mandatory filing made with the FCC, we've
gotten the scoop on yet another new cellphone. But this one isn't some
super-futuristic design from Samsung or Motorola that we'll all be
lusting after in a few months: rather, it's a soda can-shaped cellphone
that Coca-Cola had custom-made for a contest its running this summer.
They're going to start putting a few of the sodaphones in 12-packs this
summer, and if you find one of them you press a button which instantly
connects you to an operator who'll tell you that you've just won a Chevy
SUV.  Another button activates the a GPS homing beacon on the can so
that Coke can immediately deliver the prize to your location (Coke
actually did something similar in Australia last year).
One question? What happens to the phone if you put a winning 12-pack in
the fridge before opening it up?

Source: http://www.engadget.com/entry/7706925370302336/
Coke's 'sodaphone':
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/fcc_query.php?gc=R2V&pc=-MWW1

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

---

From: Joshua Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 00:27:17 -0700

At least the battery won't die as fast being in the refridgerator :-D 
(isn't cold better for batteries)

On Wed, 5 May 2004 7:04pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
>
> --

 
Yahoo! Groups Links