Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Gov. Land Mobile Radio System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 07:45:41 -0400

Notice Type: Combine Solicitation
Posted Date: 15-APR-04
Agency: Other Defense Agencies
Office Address: Other Defense Agencies, National Imagery and Mapping
Agency, Washington Contracting Center (ACW),
Attn: ACW Mail Stop D-6 4600 Sangamore Road, Bethesda, MD, 20816-5003
Subject: Land Mobile Radio System

Classification Code: 58 - Communication, detection, & coherent radiation
equipment
Contact: Edward Smith, Contract Specialist, Phone (301) 227-5005, Fax
(301) 227-1015, Email [email-masked]
Place of Performance (address): National eospatial-Intelligence
Agency4600 Sangamore Road Bethesd, MD
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20816-5003
Place of Performance Country: USA

Description:
Other Defense Agencies
National Imagery and Mapping Agency
Washington Contracting Center (ACW)

This is Combined Synopsis/Solicitation for commercial items prepared in
accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as
supplement with additional information included in this notice. This
notice constitutes the only solicitation; price quotes are being
requested and written solicitation will not be issued. This
Solicitation, SIS88884, is being issued as Request for Quote(RFQ).
The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are
those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular
2001-18. The Standard Industrial Code (SIC) is 334290,Supplies for Other
Communications Equipment Manufacturing. This
procurement is for Commercial services and supplies with a Statement of
Work to define the effort for design, engineering,
developing, system implementation, and testing of Land Mobile Radio
System(LMR) for six(6)primary Agency sites and two(2) auxiliary Agency
sites. It includes the associated program management, program approval,
and implementation planning requirements.

(a)The LMR system of the current Agency site radio system effort and
technical requirements defined by the Deputy Secretary of Defense.

1.
Replacement of current Agency site radio system shall address several
technical issues including the elimination of "dead space"
and the capability to handle multiple discussion/talk groups/channels.

2.

Replacement system shall allow the Agency sites, that are geographically
proximate, to communicate with each other, regional
emergency and military response resources.

The following document and references are applicable to the Statement of
work.
a. Memorandum from the Deputy of Defense (1 August 2001), Subject:
Policy for Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Systems.
b. Association ]of Public-Safety Communication Officials-International,
Inc.(APCO International) 25 standard APCO Project.
The work shall comply with D.o.D.requirements and all applicable Local,
State, and Federal regulations. Contractor shall design develop,
implement, and test LMR for six Agency sites and 2 auxiliary sites, that
meets performance and functional requirements.

Provide program management, systems and equipment system implementation.
Identification of hardware and systems, installation points,
requirements, quantities of each and applicable engineering support
requirements. Hardware and systems, meeting all requirements. Frequency
(i.e. UHF/VHF)encrypted portable radio transceivers with antenna,
chargers, carrying cases and belt loops, speaker microphones, Virtual
Console wit DES-OFB including appropriate computer system.
Communications equipment for site Com room to include primary and
secondary facilities as appropriate, including Voice over IP and
associated hardware.

Paging transmitter and system, identification of one-way radio pagers,
capable of alerting from individual and group paging, Trunk Control
Monitors appropriate for interoperability wit the system in use by local
and regional fire, police, EMS, and military units in proximity of site.
Trunk control station and all associated hardware.

The government's preferred Freight onboard (FOB) is Destination, All FAR
and DFAR clauses and provisions referenced below can be reviewed at the
Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR) web-site
http://farsite.hill.af.mil

The following FAR provisions and clauses apply to this solicitation by
reference or by full text. FAR 52.212-1, Instruction to
Offerors- Commercial Items; FAR 52.212-2, Evaluation -- Commercial
Items. The Government will award a contract resulting
from this solicitation to the responsible quoter whose quote conforming
to this solicitation will be most advantageous to the
Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors
shall be used to evaluate quotes: price, and past
performance. FAR 52-212-3, Offeror Representation and
Certification-Commercial Items. Quotation shall be accompanied by a
completed representations and certifications. FAR 52.212-4, Contract
Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items. FAR
52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes
or Executive Orders-Commercial Items- the
following clauses under paragraph (b) apply: 52.222-26, 52.222-35,
52.222-36, and 52.222-37. DFARS 252.212-7001,
Contract Terms and Conditions required to Implement Statutes or
Executive Orders Applicable to Defense Acquisitions of
Commercial Items -- the following clause under paragraph (b) applies:
DFARS 252.225-7001. FAR 52.219-6, Notice of

Total

Small Business Set-Aside. FAR 52.232-33, Mandatory Information For
Electronic Funds Transfer Payment. DFARS
252.204-7004, Required Central Contractor Registration. All responsible
sources may submit a quotation, which shall be
considered by the Agency. Award can not be made to any contractor not
registered with Dunn & Bradstreet and Central
Contractor Registration (CCR). For information on becoming CCR
registered call 1-888-227-2423 or go online at
www.ccr2000.com. Quotations for this solicitation shall be submitted by
15 May 2004. Central Standard Time addressed to
Edward Smith ,Contracting Squadron, Contract Specialist by fax 301 227
5759 or email to [email-masked] If you have any
questions, they can be addressed at the above email address or by
telephone at 301 227 7147

Internet Link:
http://www.eps.gov/spg/ODA/NIMA/PCWD-6/NGASIS88884/listing.html

--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/61FxlB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/