Subject: [NEXTEL-1] Report finds wireless capex levels stabilizing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 03:30:26 -0400

Report finds wireless capex levels stabilizing
May 06 13:11:00, 2004

NEW YORK—Wireless capital expenditure in the United States for 2003
edged out its wireline counterpart, highlighting an onset of
stability in the industry after the recent bubble, according to a report
from Skyline Marketing Group.

According to the study, U.S. wireless carriers’ capex jumped 6 percent
compared with the wireline space, which witnessed an
8-percent drop for 2003. Wireless carriers’ capex amounted to $20.3
billion, according to the report.

The study, however, noted that capex levels had stabilized in all of the
telecom world.

“2004e can be seen as a turnaround year, although we should not expect
capital spending to return to the peaks reached in the
1999-2000 period when a unique set of circumstances came together to
drive capex well beyond historical levels,” said the report.

The report noted that the shift from legacy systems to new areas such as
wireless data and broadband spurred the capex rise.
 http://rcrnews.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?newsId=18010
--
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

-- 
    "NEXTEL-1 IT'S NOT JUST NEXTEL"
  Note The New address 
Subscribe to Nextel-1: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL-1

  "NEXTEL2 FOR iDEN SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS"
Subscribe to Nextel2: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/NEXTEL2

  "WIRELESS FORUM HOMELAND SECURITY GROUP"
     The Complete Resource for Wireless Homeland Security.
Subscribe to WFHSG:  http://www.groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/WFHSG

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEXTEL-1/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [email-masked]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/