Subject: [Mobopts] Using Hashes to Optimize RR

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:43:30 +0200

Hello,

here is the draft that I mentioned after the presentation "Improvement
on Security and Performance of MIP6 Return Routability Test", and which
might be of relevance to the presentors:

   Credit-Based Authorization for Binding Lifetime Extension
   draft-arkko-mipv6-binding-lifetime-extension-00.txt

The draft describes a hash-based mechanism that allows peers to
successively prolong the time period between two home-address tests.
This reduces signaling overhead and the latency associated with frequent
home-address tests.  A correspondent node can validate from a hash how
long a MN has already been reachable at a given home address, and it can
so extend the lifetime of a binding.

The draft above might

Regards,
- Christian

-- 
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: "Souhwan Jung \(???\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:09:47 +0900

Thanks, Christian.
I will take a look at the draft, and get back to the issue.

Souhwan

----- Original Message ----- 
?? ??: "Christian Vogt" <[email-masked]>
?? ??: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
??: "MOBOPTS" <[email-masked]>; "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
?? ??: 2005? 8? 4? ??? ?? 8:43
??: Using Hashes to Optimize RR