Subject: [Mobopts] draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:11:22 -0500

Hi,

I just read the draft of the new CBA, and think it's
in good shape to progress toward publication.
It looks like the document has been made
straightforward and concise.

What's the plan?

Is the aim to get it put out as an experimental RFC
here, or get the document adopted and reviewed in IETF?

Greg

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:50:01 -0500
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Credit-Based Authorization for Concurrent Reachability Verification

	Author(s)	: C. Vogt, J. Arkko
	Filename	: draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2006-2-15

   Mobility and multi-homing protocols enable multi-addressed nodes to
   redirect ongoing communication sessions from one IP address to
   another.  Most of these protocols verify a multi-addressed node's
   reachability at a claimed new IP address in order to prevent
   redirection-based flooding attacks.  In view of reduced protocol
   latencies, such verification is preferably performed concurrently,
   i.e., while packets are already being sent to the new IP address.
   This document defines Credit-Based Authorization, a technique that
   facilitates concurrent reachability verification without compromise
   of security.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:32:22 +0100

Hi Greg,

sorry for the late response.  Was out of town for a few days.

Yes, the intention for writing draft-vogt-mobopts-simple-cba-00.txt was 
to finally provide a document that is ready for publication.

"Simple CBA" refers to the basic (and easy-to-implement) mode where the 
correspondent node measures a mobile node's effort in terms of the 
packets received from that mobile node.  I got the impression that this 
mode seems to be widely considered mature in the community now.

Simple CBA is a product of the Mobopts Research Group.  And so is the 
rest of CBA, which is a bit less simply and more researchy, though. 
Hence, I agree with you that publication as an Experimental or Standards 
Track RFC would be suitable for Simple CBA, while the prospective IRTF 
Research Track would be more appropriate for the rest of CBA, IMO.

Regards,
- Christian

-- 
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH)
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/