Subject: [Mobopts] DEADLINE EXTENDED to March 31: MobiArch'08, an ACM SIGCOMM 2008 workshop

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:41:19 +0100

Dear MOBOPTS RG members,

Please find a workshop CFP related to MOBOPTS RG, topics including 
mobility architectures and protocols, loc/ID split, wireless and 
mobility optimizations, multihoming and flow management, design, 
implementation, simulation, validation, analysis, modeling and 
security/privacy issues, among the others. We apologize if you receive 
duplicated copies.

If you have any questions, please contact 
[email-masked]
- MobiArch'08 organization team

            ***********************************************
            *** EXTENDED PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE:     ***
            *** March 31, 2008                          ***
            ***********************************************

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                          ACM MobiArch 2008
                    An ACM SIGCOMM 2008 Workshop

               Paper submission deadline: March 31, 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          ACM MobiArch 2008

                The 3rd ACM International Workshop on
            Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture

                     An ACM SIGCOMM 2008 Workshop
                  Seattle, WA, USA, August 22, 2008

        http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2008/workshops/mobiarch/

Recent developments in wireless access technologies and mobile devices
are beginning to make widespread user, terminal and network mobility a
reality in the commercial Internet. At the same time, the Internet
architecture struggles to incorporate the functionality that will sustain
this increasingly more mobile and more dynamic Internet use. Efficient
mobility management and mobility optimizations, locator-identifier
splits, multihoming, security and related network operation and
management functions are still in the early stages of development. It is,
however, already clear that supporting widespread mobility poses to
significantly impact the original end-to-end design of the Internet.

At the same time, critical momentum is building to significantly revise
or even replace the current Internet architecture. Several substantial
Future Internet initiatives have started in Europe, the US and Asia, and
the topic is also actively being discussed in the vendor and network
operator communities. These Future Internet efforts offer the exciting
opportunity to design radically different approaches to supporting host
and network mobility and multihoming, and may eventually lead to an
internetwork architecture with significantly more advanced mobility
features than those that the piecemeal extensions of the current Internet
protocols result in.

MobiArch'08 welcomes submissions from both researchers and practitioners
that explore recent advances in architectures, protocols and emerging
technologies to enable mobility and multihoming in the Internet, as well
as concepts and designs to support widespread mobility and multihoming in
future internetworks.  Early results, position papers, systems and
measurement papers are particularly welcome.

TOPICS

MobiArch'08 covers all aspects related to mobility in the current and
future Internet, including, but not limited to:

   * Architectures and protocols for mobility support at all layers
     of the Internet protocol stack, as well as cross-layer approaches

   * Novel concepts to support widespread mobility and multihoming
     in a Future Internet

   * Routing and addressing issues (including locator/identifier
     splits) and their impact on the Internet architecture

   * Multihoming, including flow distribution and load-sharing for
     wireless and mobility

   * Performance evaluation, experimentation and modeling of
     Internet mobility

   * Models for mobility patterns and their experimental validation

   * New wireless technologies and services and their impact on the
     Internet architecture

   * Location management, positioning and data management for
     wireless and mobility

   * Accounting, access control, security and privacy issues and
     their impact on the Internet architecture

   * Social, economic, scalability and deployment issues

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Submissions must be no longer than six pages, including all figures and
references, must be in PDF format, and must follow the ACM formatting
guidelines (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).
Submissions that do not adhere to these requirements will be rejected
without further review.

Peer review is single-blind; the authors names and affiliations are to be
included on the submission. Submissions cannot be previously published or
be under concurrent review elsewhere. The submission of position papers
is encouraged; please clearly identify position papers as such when
submitting.

Papers may be submitted at http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=6140

IMPORTANT DATES

   March 31, 2008        Registration of paper abstract
   March 31, 2008        Submissions due
   May 1, 2008           Notification of acceptance
   June 9, 2008          Camera ready version due
   August 22, 2008       Workshop date

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts