Subject: [Mobopts] CFP - 2nd international OMNeT++ Workshop (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:16:30 +0200

Hi all,

  fyi

Cheers
  matthias

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

CALL FOR PAPERS

2nd international OMNeT++ Workshop <www.omnet-workshop.org>
held in conjunction with SIMUTools 2009 <http://www.simutools.org>
Rome, Italy, March 6, 2009

Sponsored by: ICST, CREATE-NET, ACM SIGSIM, ACM SIGMETRICS, SCS, INRIA

Paper submission deadline: November 15, 2008

OMNeT++ is a public-source, component-based, modular and open-architecture
simulation environment with strong GUI support and an embeddable
simulation kernel. Its primary application area is the simulation of
communication networks. Because of its generic and flexible architecture
it has been successfully used in other areas like the simulation of IT
systems, queuing networks, hardware architectures, and business processes.
OMNeT++ is rapidly becoming a popular simulation platform in the
scientific community as well as in industrial settings. Several open
source simulation models have been published, in the field of Internet
simulations (IP, IPv6, MPLS, etc), mobility and ad-hoc simulations and
other areas.
However, such a growing community also faces growing challenges and
problems: Integration of different simulation tools, porting of simulation
models between different platforms, testing and comparison of
applications. Different initiatives were taken in the last years for
unifying and integrating the already existing simulation models, which
involves however also organization and coordination among the different
user groups. An important task is making the existing tools and
applications easily available.

The goal of this workshop is to bring together OMNeT++ users and their
tools, applications and ideas. It intends to provide a forum for
presentations of recent developments and novel ideas in the broad context
of network simulation with focus on OMNeT++. It will bring together
researchers to focus on the important topics of integrating simulation
models, coupling different simulation tools, providing better modeling
approaches, and contributing to the active modeling and simulation
community with respect to identifying some of the most promising candidate
solution methods, architectures and techniques to address the various
challenges of network simulation. The benefits are two-fold: On the one
hand OMNeT++ users get into direct discussion and on the other hand they
can meet with developers. Furthermore, the developers can pick up ideas
for the future development.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
  * Parallel simulation
  * Simulation control
  * Result interpretation and analysis
  * Debugging
  * Simulation in the loop
  * Modeling techniques
  * Coupling with other simulation/emulation tools
  * Integration of hardware-specific code
  * Cross-layer protocol design methodologies
  * Mobility models
  * Simulation of wireless networks and P2P networks
  * Industrial applications
  * Use of OMNeT++ in other domains

Submission Instructions:
Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 8 pages, or short
papers of up to 4 pages, in ACM conference proceedings format. Detailed
submission instructions will be published in due time on the website
together with format files.

The event is held in cooperation with ACM Special Interest Group on
Simulation (SIGSIM), ACM Special Interest Group on Computer/Communication
System Performance (SIGMETRICS) and Society for Modeling and Simulation
International (SCS).
All accepted papers will be made available in ACM Digital Library, as well
as indexed by EI and ISI Index. Selected papers will be considered for an
international journal publication.

Important Dates:
  - Full paper: November 15, 2008
  - Notification: December 28, 2008
  - Final version: January 18, 2009
  - Conference: March 6, 2009

Workshop co-chairs:
  - Andras Varga, Simulcraft Inc.
  - Christoph Sommer, Univ. Erlangen
  - Anna Förster, Univ. Lugano

TPC chair:
  - Thorsten Braun, Univ. of Bern

TPC vice-chairs:
  - Daniel Willkomm, TU Berlin
  - Matthias Wählisch, HAW Hamburg

Publicity co-chair:
  - Andreas Lewandowski, TU Dortmund

Program committee:
  - Ingmar Baumgart, TU Karlsruhe
  - Roland Bless, TU Karlsruhe
  - John Buford, Avaya Research Labs
  - Isabel Dietrich, Univ. Erlangen
  - Thomas Dreibholz, Univ. Duisburg
  - Falko Dressler, Univ. Erlangen
  - Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
  - Anirüddha Gokhalé, Vanderbilt Univ.
  - Holger Karl, Univ. Paderborn
  - Konstantinos Katsaros, Univ. Athen
  - Andreas Lagemann, TU Cottbus
  - Olaf Landsiedel, RWTH Aachen
  - Jun Lei, Univ. Göttingen
  - Gábor Lencse, Széchenyi István Univ.
  - Pietro Michiardi, Institut Eurecom
  - Jörg Ott, Univ. Helsinki
  - Tom Parker, Imperial College London
  - Dan Pescaru, Univ. of Timisoara
  - Alfonso A. Quintana, Univ. Málaga
  - Stefan Rührup, Univ. of Ottawa
  - Antonio Ruzzelli, UCD Dublin
  - Günter Schäfer, TU Ilmenau
  - Thomas Schmidt, HAW Hamburg
  - Ahmet Sekercioglu, Monash University
  - Doru Todinca, Univ. Timisoara
  - Michael Tüxen, FH Münster
  - Klaus Wehrle, RWTH Aachen
  - Christian Wietfeld, TU Dortmund
  - Lars Wischhof, Audi Electronics Venture
  - Georg Wittenburg, FU Berlin
  - Adam Wolisz, TU Berlin
  - Faqir Z. Yousaf, TU Dortmund
  - Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox Technologies

Contact:
Please send an e-mail to TPC vice-chairs or visit the workshop website at
http://www.omnet-workshop.org for further information.

_______________________________________________
Mobopts mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts