Subject: [Mobopts] Same MPA server for 2 access networks

From: Carlos Rodrigues <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 19:29:21 +0100

Hi!

I have question about the number of MPA servers necessary in a  
interworking scenario.
If I have a scenario with 2 access networks (with different  
technologies), will need two CA, two AA and two tunneling agents and  
buffering agents if perform handover from both ways (A to B and B to  
A), right?

First, I'm trying understand why (can give some tips?);
Second, it's not possible aggregate these 2 MPA server in a single  
entity? In a intra domain scenario makes sense.

All help or support will be very helpful.

Cheers,
Carlos Rodrigues (Computer Science BSc student)
ESTG - IPL
Leiria, Portugal

________________________________________________________________________________
Descubra as Soluções de Financiamento Cetelem.
Saiba mais em: http://www.iol.pt/correio/rodape.php?dst=0901272

---

From: Ashutosh Dutta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:55:56 -0400

Carlos,
         Let me repeat some of what I have said earlier to you.
MPA server has several logical components, such as Authentication Agent, 
Configuration Agent, Buffering Agent, Tunneling agent. Some of these 
components could be aggregated for each access network, such as 
Authentication Agent, and Configuration Agent. However, part of 
Configuration Agent needs to stay with each access network (e.g., DHCP 
relay). Buffering Agent and Tunneling Agent usually stay at the edges 
with each access network.

Thus, it is a design decision as to how you want to split the 
functionality of the MPA server.

Thanks
Ashutosh

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> buffering agents if perform handover from both ways (A to B and B to A), 
> right?
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Mobopts mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/mobopts