Subject: [Mobopts] Call For Chapter Proposals: Wireless Multi-Access Environments and Quality of Service Provisioning: Solutions and Application

From: Ramona Trestian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:53:27 +0100

Apologies to whom this does not concern!
===========================================================================
Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Chapter Proposals
===========================================================================

*
*

*CALL FOR CHAPTER PROPOSALS*

*Proposal Submission Deadline: July 31, 2010*

*Title:/ Wireless Multi-Access Environments and Quality of Service 
Provisioning: Solutions and Application/*

A book edited by Gabriel-Miro Muntean and Ramona Trestian

Dublin City University, Ireland

To be published by IGI Global: 
http://www.igi-global.com/AuthorsEditors/AuthorEditorResources/CallForBookChapters/CallForChapterDetails.aspx?CallForContentId=7090bf5f-ef8f-479c-8dd6-5c1af4718ca0 
<http://www.igi-global.com/AuthorsEditors/AuthorEditorResources/CallForBookChapters/CallForChapterDetails.aspx?CallForContentId=7090bf5f-ef8f-479c-8dd6-5c1af4718ca0> 

*Introduction:*

One highly relevant topic in current and future wireless heterogeneous 
environment is the coexistence of multiple access technologies deployed 
by different operators. In this context, the aim is to keep the mobile 
user "always best connected" anywhere and anytime in a multi-technology 
multi-application multi-terminal multi-user environment.

The book will cover important aspects of the emerging technologies in 
the future wireless heterogeneous networks such as: network selection 
mechanisms, handover solutions and adaptive techniques. It identifies 
the research issues and challenges and presents a survey of the proposed 
solutions in the literature. It could be considered a link between the 
academia and industry. Academia could benefit by having a general view 
of the existing research issues and ideas on the mentioned topics, and 
on the other side, the industry could benefit by applying ideas or 
acknowledge issues in the real-world applications.    

*The Overall Objectives of the Book*

The objective of the proposed book is to introduce the reader to the 
latest developments in heterogeneous wireless area which will lead to 
the creation of a multi-technology multi-application multi-terminal 
multi-user environment. The book will focus on presenting the current 
research progress in general in the area of heterogeneous wireless 
networks with special focus on three significant topics: Network 
Selection Mechanisms, Handover, and Adaptive Multimedia Solutions.

*Prospective audience*

The prospective audience of this book will be on one side undergraduate 
students, postgraduate students, and researchers who are interested in 
the emerging area of mobile and wireless communications, with the main 
focus on the handover strategies, network selection mechanisms and 
adaptive multimedia solutions and on the other side industry people who 
are working in the mentioned areas.

*Recommended topics include, but not limited to:*

Ø  Heterogeneous Wireless Networks Architectures

Ø  Interoperability of the Wireless Systems

Ø  Mobility Challenges and Management

Ø  Network Selection Solutions

Ø  Handover Strategies

Ø  Handover Execution Mechanisms

Ø  Network Layer Approaches

Ø  Wireless-aware Transport Protocols

Ø  Rich-media and Real-time Communications

Ø  Adaptive Applications

Ø  Quality-of Service Provisioning

Ø  Cross-layer Optimization

Ø  WLAN, WMAN, 3G, 4G and beyond

*Submission Procedure*

You are invited to submit on or before May 30, 2010, a 2-3 pages 
manuscript proposal clearly describing and explaining the topic of the 
proposed chapter. The proposal should include the chapter summary, table 
of content, and contact authors. Authors of accepted proposals will be 
notified by August 30, 2010 about the status of their proposals and sent 
chapter organisational guidelines. Full chapter are expected to be 
submitted by September 30, 2010. All submitted chapters will be reviewed 
on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to 
serve as reviewers for this project. 
(www.eeng.dcu.ie/~ramona/IGIBook.html 
<http://www.eeng.dcu.ie/%7Eramona/IGIBook.html> )

* *

*Publisher*

This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea 
Group Inc.), publisher of the "Information Science Reference" (formerly 
Idea Group Reference), "Medical Information Science Reference," 
"Business Science Reference," and "Engineering Science Reference" 
imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please 
visit www.igi-global.com 
<http://www.igi-global.com/http://www.igi-global.com/AuthorsEditors/AuthorEditorResources/CallForBookChapters/CallForChapterDetails.aspx?CallForContentId=7090bf5f-ef8f-479c-8dd6-5c1af4718ca0>. 
This publication is anticipated to be released in 2011.

*Important Dates*

Proposal Submission Deadline:                                         
*July 31, 2010*
Notification of Proposal Acceptance:                                
*August 30, 2010*
Full Chapter Submission:                                           
       *September 30, 2010*
Review Results Returned:                                                 
*December 15, 2010*
Revised Chapter Submission:                                             
*January 30, 2011*
Final Acceptance Notifications:                                         
*February 15, 2011*
Submission of Final Chapters:                                            
*February 28, 2011*

/Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded *electronically* (Word 
Document) to:/

/ /

/
Ramona Trestian
PhD Researcher
Performance Engineering Lab
School of Electronic Engineering
Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland/

*/Tel: /*/+353 (0)1 700 7644/

*/                                                                    
                                         E-mail: /*/[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>/

-- 
Ramona Trestian
PhD Researcher
Performance Engineering Lab
School of Electronic Engineering
Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Website: http://elm.eeng.dcu.ie/~ramona/