Subject: [Monami6] point on draft mcoa

From: Nicolas Montavont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:44:40 +0200

Folks,

draft-wakikawa-mobileip-multiplecoa-05.txt is on the track for a very
long time and is the root behind the set up of the MONAMI6 WG. This
draft has been discussed many times at the IETF, in several WG, and met
strong support. At Vancouver, the 1st MONAMI6 WG meeting, the decision
for accepting this draft as a WG document for the 3rd WG deliverable was
pending some changes in the draft which we think have been performed by
the MCoA draft main author, namely Ryuji Wakikawa, though most people
expressed their will to accept the document without waiting longer
(particularly, ADs and other WG chairs - see Vancouver minutes).

We are aware of some discussion and concerns on this draft, however, it
doesn't make sense for the author of that draft to update it constantly
until it meets 100% of WG members requests, since this draft is until
now INDIVIDUAL, and by nature, not a representation of the WG. So,
accepting this doc as a WG item will allow more people to participate
actively on the editing of that draft in order for it to answer all
concerns. As a WG document, the document will be an expression of a WG,
and not only of its current authors.

MONAMI6 chairs.

_______________________________________________
Monami6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/monami6