Subject: [Mops] Updates to draft-ietf-mops-streaming-opcons for interim discussion

From: "Holland, Jake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 01:15:33 +0000

Hi mops,

The interim is coming up in a couple of days, and there has
finally been a bit of activity on the adopted draft
(draft-ietf-mops-streaming-opcons) that I think we're intending
to discuss.

Of particular note, this includes some proposed text related
to the scoping questions that were discussed at the 108 meeting
(specifically about the intent to avoid stepping on any WebRTC
or other ART toes) that we'll be looking to tentatively resolve
during this interim if possible.

The scope-relevant discussion is here in the issues list:
https://github.com/ietf-wg-mops/draft-ietf-mops-streaming-opcons/issues/3

The proposed text update to the draft is here:
https://github.com/ietf-wg-mops/draft-ietf-mops-streaming-opcons/pull/27/commits/8681c98682b4117440dc3ec04f75278d3e7d7535

Anyone who might have opinions on the matter is invited to consider
the issues raised and compare against the proposed text and the MOPS
charter (or related scoping discussions they've had previously), in
hopes you can show up at the meeting with a considered position.

There's a reasonably lively discussion with some suggestions on the
PR already, so thanks to those who got the early notice and jumped in.
But I also wanted to send this heads-up to the list as well.

There is also another new pull request, and feedback on that or any
of the other open items in the repo is also of course very welcome:
https://github.com/ietf-wg-mops/draft-ietf-mops-streaming-opcons/pull/30

See you Friday.

Best,
Jake