Subject: Re: [MORG] minutes?

From: Dan Karp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

> Sorry, I forgot that Bob Morgan took minutes. So I've edited them 
> slightly and uploaded to the meeting material site:
>  <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/minutes/morg.txt>
> 
> Please send me any corrections/additions ASAP.

   presentation:  draft-karp-morg-sortdisplay (Alexey presenting)
   issues:
     defines DISPLAYFROM, also need for CC and To?
       Alexey: yes for TO (at least)

Did anyone have insight how to handle multiple recipients when sorting
by DISPLAYTO, given that the header is semantically unordered?  Or what
to do with the almost-extinct RFC 2822 groups?
_______________________________________________
MORG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/morg
Note Well: http://www.ietf.org/maillist.html

---

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:30:31 +0300

> to do with the almost-extinct RFC 2822 groups?

Groups with empty address list are still used. So I think sorting should
be done by the group name.

The existing SORT spec already requires to use the first address. I
can't really think of anything better. And since it's already done I
suppose it doesn't matter if they're semantically unordered. I guess one
alternative would be to duplicate the result for each address.
_______________________________________________
MORG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/morg
Note Well: http://www.ietf.org/maillist.html