Subject: Re: [MORG] New WG document:draft-ietf-morg-list-specialuse-00

From: Jamie Nicolson (倪志明) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:43:38 -0800

I mentioned to Barry that some of the proposed flags are a bit
Gmail-specific. If we want to encourage more server vendor adoption, we
might consider changing:

- \Starred to something like \Important
Many clients use some other visual indicator, like a flag, to indicate
importance.

- \Spam to \Junk
There's some prior art with clients using "Junk" instead of "Spam" in their
IMAP keywords. (Although I see that Junk has been removed
from draft-melnikov-imap-keywords-*).

- \AllMail to \All
The "Mail" seems redundant

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:10:14 -0500

How is \Starred any different from the current \Flagged?

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]

Jamie Nicolson (倪志明) wrote:
> There's some prior art with clients using "Junk" instead of "Spam" in 
> their IMAP keywords. (Although I see that Junk has been removed

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:10:57 +0000

Hi Jamie,

Jamie Nicolson (倪志明) wrote:

> from draft-melnikov-imap-keywords-*

Junk wasn't really removed - draft-melnikov-imap-keywords-* was changed 
to just establish an IANA registry, and I will register $Junk/$NonJunk 
in it once the RFC is published.

> ).

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:12:00 +0000

> How is \Starred any different from the current \Flagged?

\Starred is a mailbox attribute while \Flagged is a message flag. So 
different namespaces.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:34:50 +0000

> \Starred is a mailbox attribute while \Flagged is a message flag. So 

... but if they were in the same namespace, they would probably mean the 
same thing.