Subject: [MORG] Protocol Action: 'Display-based Address Sorting for the IMAP4 SORT Extension' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:38:45 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Display-based Address Sorting for the IMAP4 SORT Extension '
   <draft-ietf-morg-sortdisplay-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Message Organization Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov and Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-morg-sortdisplay-03.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes an IMAP protocol extension enabling server-
   side message sorting on the commonly-displayed portion of the From
   and To header fields.

Working Group Summary

   No. The consensus has been strong.
   There was some discussion about including CC header fields,
   but consensus not to include a new SORT command criterion for them.

Document Quality

   At least two servers (Dovecot, Archiveopteryx) have already
   implemented the draft and others have been supportive.

Personnel

   Timo Sirainen is the Document Shepherd. Alexey Melnikov is
   the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

In the second paragraph of the introduction (section 2):

OLD
   This document provides two alternate
   orderings, DISPLAYFROM and DISPLAYTO, which sort messages based on

NEW
   This document provides two alternative
   orderings, DISPLAYFROM and DISPLAYTO, which sort messages based on