Subject: Re: [MORG] Expiration impending: draft-ietf-morg-inthread

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:58:33 +0100

IETF Secretariat writes:
> The following draft will expire soon:
>
> Filename: draft-ietf-morg-inthread
> Title:    The IMAP SEARCH=INTHREAD and THREAD=REFS Extensions
> State:    AD is watching::Revised ID Needed
> Expires:  2011-01-09 (in 1 week, 5 days)

I want to update. But I want to update WITH RUNNING CODE, and I still 
don't have an updated implementation.

(The many drafts that go forward without running code tire me.)

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Arnt

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:05:14 -0500

> I want to update. But I want to update WITH RUNNING CODE, and I still don't
> have an updated implementation.

That's fine, but as I said in my off-list notes to you, we're putting
this on a timer.  When the other documents are ready and the working
group is otherwise done, we will close the working group without this
one, unless it's made some useful progress before that.

Also, this will likely go to Experimental (rather than Standards
Track), owing to lack of real consensus on it.  That's fine, and if
you can get the time to move it forward I'm happy with that.  So don't
let this put you off.  But we do need to move it ahead within
someone's lifetime.

> Merry Christmas, everyone.

God jul, Arnt.

Barry

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:14:24 +0100

> one, unless it's made some useful progress before that.

Fine.

> let this put you off. But we do need to move it ahead within 

I'm not put-off, not at all. I think the category system is 100% 
pointless, so this kind of thing is just what one does to cope with the 
bureaucracy's rules.

Arnt