Subject: [MORG] draft-ietf-morg-multimailbox-search-05

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:37:17 -0500

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:45 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Message Organization Working Group of the IETF.
>
>        Title           : IMAP4 Multimailbox SEARCH Extension
>        Author(s)       : B. Leiba, A. Melnikov
>        Filename        : draft-ietf-morg-multimailbox-search-05.txt
>        Pages           : 10
>        Date            : 2011-01-10
>
> The IMAP4 specification allows the searching only of the selected
> mailbox.  A user often wants to search multiple mailboxes, and a
> client that wishes to support this must issue a series of SELECT and
> SEARCH commands, waiting for each to complete before moving on to the
> next.  This extension allows a client to search multiple mailboxes
> with one command, limiting the round-trips and waiting for various
> searches to complete, and not requiring disruption of the currently
> selected mailbox.  This also uses MAILBOX and TAG fields in ESEARCH
> responses, allowing a client to pipeline the searches if it chooses.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-morg-multimailbox-search-05.txt

Alexey and I believe that this version is ready for last call.  Will
the (other) chairs please initiate WGLC on this version as soon as
possible?

Two things to note:

1. We have resolved the open issues in the document, and we think it's
now complete.

2. We have changed the target status of this from standards track to
experimental.  We think there isn't strong enough consensus to go for
standards track, given the possible interactions with other
extensions.

Barry

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:57:34 -0700

> standards track, given the possible interactions with other

That seems reasonable. As the responsible AD for this document, I've
updated the datatracker accordingly.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:50:47 -0500

> updated the datatracker accordingly.

Thanks, Peter.

To my co-chairs: Will one of you please officially start a WGLC on
this document now?

Barry

---

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:54:22 +0200

Hi group,

>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-morg-multimailbox-search-05.txt

This message starts working-group last call on this document.  Please review this version of the draft, even if you have reviewed a previous version, and post comments by 4 Feb.  Post your comments as a reply to this message, and please also respond if you think the document is ready for publication -- we need confirmation, as well as issues.

- Timo, morg co-chair

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:43:52 -0500

We're halfway through the WGLC period, and have had no comments.
Please, let's get at least two or three reviews of this version, and
confirm (or refute) that it's ready to go.

Barry