Subject: [Mpls-interop] instruction on how to handle editors and authors in the MPLS-TP documents

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:28:08 +0200

All,

I've been asked from several directions on how to handle the
editors and contributing authors in the MPLS-TP documents.

I've discussed this with the RFC Editor and taken some advice
from others.

This what we will do:

1. If the total number of editors and contributing authors
    are five or less, you may put all of them on the first page.
    You don't even ned to put the "(Ed)" after the editors, since
    "editor" don't carry any special semantics in IETF.

    And then you put the rest of the information about the authors
    and editors in a section called "Authors addresses"

2. If the total number of editors and contributing authors is
    more than 5, you need to do the following:

    - have the three editors on the front page, (Ed) after the
      names

    - create a section "1.1 Contributing Authors" and list
      everybody there in alphabetic order on their last name
      (no affiliation)

    - Have the normal Authors Address section at its normal place,
      starting with the editors (alphabetic order) and with (Ed)
      after their names, and then list contributing authors in
      alphabetic order

In AUTH48 the RFC Ed will ask the people on the front page to
sign off for the RFC, but in this case the editors will need to
check with contributing authors before signing of.

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop