Subject: [Mpls-interop] MPLS-TP at IETF 72

From: "Malcolm Betts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:32:03 -0400

All, an update on the progress and the plan going forward following IETF
72 in Dublin, Ireland.

A joint meeting of the mpls, ccamp, pwe3 and l2vpn WGs was held on
Wednesday July 30th.  The current individual -00 drafts were introduced.
A number of overlaps and some minor inconsistencies were noted.  It was
agreed that the authors will update the drafts to address these issues
and provide 01 versions.  The 01 versions will be considered for
adoption as working group drafts.  The current version of the drafts can
be obtained from  https://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/ search for the
file name mpls-tp.

A small group of  people interested in the work to align G.8110.1 with
the MPLS-TP drafts being developed in the IETF met on Thursday
afternoon.  Following a discussion, I suggest that we wait until the -01
versions of the drafts are available (expected within 4 weeks) before
commencing this activity.

The editor (Italo Busi) will then provide three document:  
		The current version of G.8110.1 including the approved
amendment.
		The current draft of amendment 2
		The current living list

When the -01 versions of the drafts are available we will modify these
documents to align them with the work in IETF.  If any ambiguity or
missing information is discovered in the drafts these issues will
initially be sent to the [email-masked] email list for resolution,
this should help to speed up the completion of the drafts.  We will also
identify the drafts that require normative reference from G.8110.1.

After the initial alignment of the ITU-T documents to the IETF drafts
has been completed we (Q12) will review the ITU documents and decide if
they need to be restructured.   After any restructuring is completed we
will then merge the agreed parts of draft amendment 2 and any agreed
items from the living list into a single draft revised Recommendation.
I anticipate that this will take place at the December SG 15 meeting at
the earliest. The intent is that this revised Recommendation will
replace the current Recommendation and the amendment.  

We can also review and provide formal comments on the current versions
of the drafts at the December meeting of SG 15. 

Malcolm Betts
co chair JWT T-MPLS; Rapporteur Q12/15
Phone: +1 613 763 7860 (ESN 393)
email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop