Subject: [Mpls-interop] the MEAD team interim meeting Oct 15-17 in Boston

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:57:41 +0200

All,

After some pondering over the result of the poll on when we could
do a MPLS-TP interim meeting the MEAD team meeting yesterday decided
to do in Boston Oct 15 - 17.

I plan to make this a three full days meeting, starting like 10am on
the 15th ending 5pm, the 16th will be a full day (9am-5pm) and the
17th another almost full day (9am-4pm); counting on that most of
us will be heading for Washington and the MPLS2008 conference.

There will be a mix of plenary discussions of the full set of drafts,
time to discuss between editor teams with overlapping interests/drafts
and actual time for editing.

We are working pretty close to the IETF cut-off date, but nevertheless
*I really want* to have the drafts ready to be adopted as working
group documents. Would be good if the could publish the drafts late
Friday and issue the poll to make them working group documents at
the same time.

I've also decided to open up the possibility for editor teams that
have active contributing authors to invite *one such author* per
document to this interim meeting.

The documents we are currently working on are:

 1. MPLS TP Requirements
 2. MPLS TP OAM Requirements
 3. MPLS TP NM Requirements
 4. MPLS-TP Framework
 5. Generic ACH Label definition
 6. ACH Definition Framework
 7. OAM Framework
 8. OAM Analysis document
 9. Survivability framework
10. Linear protection
(- Ring protection)
11. Control Plane Framework
12. MPLS TP NM Framework

Note that I dropped MPLS-TP extensions for RSVP-TE and LDP, it is not
my intention to say that we can't discuss those documents, but that I
don't count on those documents to be among the set of documents that
will become working group documents in the firsts round.

Ring protection is still on the list, but since we have had no operator
feedback so far, it is likely that we drop this document from the first
round of documents.

We now have 16 participants (with a bit hand waving) that has said
they will show up at the interim meeting. It is likely that this
figure will grow a bit. Some talk about trying to change their earlier
commitments, others has not responded and we will invite some of the
contributing authors, I figure that we might be approximately 30, and
is not prepared to let the meeting be much larger than that.

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                           [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:02:32 -0400

What location?

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:08:41 +0200

Tom,

>     What location?

the reason I'm not more explicit is that as we decided at the MEAD team
meeting yesterday, George, Tom and me will come up with a plan this
Friday at the latest.

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson