Subject: [Mpls-interop] FRR Facility Backup

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:05:58 +0200

Hi,

The discussion on Ring protection brought to think about the
requirements for FRR 1:N in MPLS-TP. 

We indicated that we would like to have co-routed (P2P) LSPs and
therefore we need to have bi-directional protection switching (to avoid
a case on non co-routed LSPs in case of a unidirectional failure. That
means that the FRR mechanisms should be enhanced to support
bi-directional protection switching. 

While in 1:1 it seems straight forward (as we can have something similar
to linear protection) with a protection state coordination inband
mechanism, in 1:N it seems to me (but of course I may be wrong) that it
needs more thoughts....the easiest way to do it (but probably the
inefficient way) is to do it per LSP that is protected by a bypass
tunnel.......

Please advise what is the best way to achieve bi-directional protection
switching with 1:N FRR (facility backup).

Best regards,

Nurit

----------------------------------------- 
Best regards, 

Nurit Sprecher

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG 
Industry Environment

Senior Specialist, Carrier Ethernet Transport

3 Hanagar St. Neve Ne'eman B

45241 Hod Hasharon, Israel

Tel. +972 9 7751229

Mobile +972 54 2200954 
Email: [email-masked] <BLOCKED::mailto:[email-masked]> 

_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop