Subject: [Mpls-interop] management interface for MPLS-TP

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:03:26 -0500

Dan -

We are running an issue in where we need to have a default management  
interface for MPLS-TP technology. What is required from the IETF?  
There are examples where a MIB is only used for operational data  
(e.g. GMPLS) vs configuration. Can we have netconf be the config  
interface? Do we have to have a default or mandatory interface or  
information model structure? Please give us pointers to docs with the  
policy and where one is not written down, in the midst of change or  
irrelevant ... the current standard operating procedure.

Thanks

-DWard
_______________________________________________
Mpls-interop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls-interop

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:07:44 +0100

Hi guys,

> There are examples where a MIB is only used for operational data  (e.g. 
> GMPLS) vs configuration.

Where did you get that idea?

The GMPLS MIBs are suitable for use without a control plane.

They are read/write and allow the configuration of cross-connects (i.e. 
LFIB) without requiring the use of a signaling protocol.

Thanks,
Adrian