Subject: [Mpls-interop] MPLS-TP OAM requirements - Client failure notifications

From: "Malcolm Betts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 16:05:10 -0400

To address the comments from Adrian I suggest that we replace the first
paragraph of section 2.2.9
2.2.9.  Client Failure Indication

   The MPLS-TP OAM toolset MUST provide a function to enable the
   propagation of client fault condition information, across the MPLS-TP
   network, if the client layer OAM mechanisms do not provide an alarm
   notification/propagation mechanism.
with them following:
2.2.9.  Client Failure Indication 

The MPLS-TP OAM toolset MUST provide a function to enable the
transparent propagation of information pertaining to a client fault
condition detected at the ingress to a PW, LSP or Section, across the
MPLS-TP network.

The requirement to support the tool is not dependent on the capability
of the client.  If a client supports failure notifications we need not
use this tool.  However the tool is always available. 

Malcolm Betts
Nortel Networks
Phone: +1 613 763 7860 (ESN 393)
email: [email-masked]