Subject: [Mpls-interop] FW: I-D Action:draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-04.txt

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 15:44:39 +0200

Hi,

We have just submitted a new version of the MPLS-TP OAM analysis
document. The updated version can be found in the following link:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-
04.txt 

This version has been updated to be aligned with the latest available
version of the OAM requirements document (we will probably need to
update it again once the OAM requirement is revised to include the
latest discussions). 

In this version we addressed comments we received (e.g. on LSP ping,
etc.). This version includes also an introduction of Y.1731 (in addition
to the OAM existing tools) and some considerations with regards to the
requirements. 

We will appreciate if you can review the document and provide your
comments. 

We believe it is important to discuss this document before we get into
the solutions. This is the right context to see the entire picture.

Best regards,

Nurit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-04.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

      Title           : MPLS-TP OAM Analysis

      Author(s)       : N. Sprecher, et al.

      Filename        : draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-04.txt

      Pages           : 22

      Date            : 2009-05-07

The intention of this document is to analyze the set of requirements

for Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) for the

Transport Profile of MPLS(MPLS-TP) as defined in [MPLS-TP OAM Reqs],

to evaluate whether existing OAM tools (either from the current MPLS

toolset or from the ITU-T documents) can be applied to these

requirements.  Eventually, the purpose of the document is to

recommend which of the existing tools should be extended and what new

tools should be defined to support the set of OAM requirements for

MPLS-TP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sprecher-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-
04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader

implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

Internet-Draft.