Subject: [mpls-tp] Questions of MPLS-TP LSP labeling

From: Velan S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:12:12 -0800

Hi Experts,

I have few questions and clarifications on MPLS-TP LSP labeling before I
speed up into MPLS-TP world.

1. Is MPLS-TP LSP uses special label value allocated static/dynamically. ?

2. why MPLS-TP LSP needs to be bidirectional and does each LSR/LER need to
bind the bi-directional LSP's association.?

3. My assumption is that MPLS-TP lsp is nothing but normal LSP created
statically/dynamically used to carry data and in-band channel information
over it.?

4. My assumption is that each Pseudowire data circuit will have 1:1
MPLS-TP Pseudowire for in-band channel communication to operate OAM function
on Pseudowire.?

5. Is bi-directional LSP symmeric  or not?

6. If it is Asymmetric, if one direction of the MPLS-TP lsp goes down, do we
need to make other direction of the paired LSP to  make it down.?

Please clarify my question.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Velan.S