Subject: [mpls-tp] New working group document - draftt-he-mpls-tp-csf

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:44:14 +0100

Working Group,

the poll to accept draft-he-mpls-tp-csf-03.txt ("Indication of Client
Failure in MPLS-TP") concluded some time ago.

The poll gave a very clear indication of support for accepting the
the document as a MPLS Working Group document.

After the poll had concluded a discussion started where several
opinions were voiced, including that the document is not really needed.

However after discussing the topic the wg chairs has decided to accept 
the draft as a working group draft, since the case where an LSP coming
in over an UNI and goes directly into the MPLS based Transport Network
without the PW adaptation is still valid and needs to be covered.

Could the authors please re-spin the draft as:

draft-ietf-mpls-tp-csf-00.txt

After that the draft needs to be re-worked to clearly focus on the
case described

   - the current document needs to be published as wg doc version -00
   - immediately after that a new version should be re-spun focusing
     on the UNI case mentioned above and a new version (-01) has
     to be timely published

Loa, George, Ross
mpls wg co-chairs