Subject: Re:couple of ldp questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:42:02 +0800

Hi Vrishab,

Regarding the first question,

The "No Route" notification need not send the FEC TLV
It uses the Status TLV "Message Id" field to indicate
the label request that generated this notification.
Hence, the FEC TLV may not be needed in the notification.
But it needs the sender of the label request to store
the Message Id which aids in simpler implementations.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Again, you are right in that the usage of
Returned PDU and Returned Message TLVs are not
illustrated

cheers,
chetan

You wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) FEC TLV in "No Route" Notification message

    When returning a "no route" notification to a peer (in response to a
label request)
     can the FEC TLV be a separate TLV, or does it have to be part of
the "returned pdu"
     or "returned msg" TLV's.  Can someone please illustrate the
"returned msg" and
     "returned tlv's" to me, I find the definitions in the LDP spec are
not super clear.

2) The LSR MIB allows  labels to be added through SNMP.
     Do you expect that people will be adding labels through SNMP on the
same
     interface at the same time, when dynamic label distribution
protocols like
     LDP and RSVP will be running?  If so what are the rules for
contention or
     is that a implementation choice?

thanks
Vrishab Sikand

---

From: Vrishab Sikand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 12:22:51 -0400

> Correct me if I am wrong.

The Ldp draft has the following Lines about "no Route" notification.
page 70

" No Route
       The FEC for which a label was requested includes a FEC Element
       for which the LSR does not have a route."

Although the language is not super clear, i think it means that the no route notification MUST include
a FEC TLV.

I think it makes sense for this notification to include the FEC TLV, for the same reasons that
it is a required TLV in: Label Mapping, abort and withdraw messages

Can the authors please clarify

--
tx
Vrishab Sikand