Subject: Typo in rsvp-lsp-tunnels draft ??

From: Ram Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:49:53 -0400

To authors of the rsvp-lsp-tunnel draft,

This may have already been pointed out before. On page 39, in section
4.7,
3rd paragraph, 
"If the requested bandwidth is not available, a PathErr message is
returned ..."

Shouldn't it be a ResvErr message sent to downstream nodes towards the
receiver ?

Regards,
Ram Krishnan

---

From: Rohit Chhapolia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 10:11:48 -0400

Ram,

If the bandwidth reservation is done in the forward path (i.e., when
the PATH message is received), it should be PathErr message. Though
RSVP specifies reservation should be done when RESV message is received,
while setting up LSPs it would be more useful to do so during PATH
processing like CRLDP or ATM signaling. I think rsvp-tunnel draft should
explicitly mention so.

Rohit

-- 
Rohit Chhapolia
Ficon Technology, Inc.
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ficon-tech.com