Subject: LDP vs RSVP

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:57:52 -0700

Hi,

I have a question: 

1)Can Label distribution be done without any need for LDP at all (only with
RSVP)? (non explicit routing)

2)If not what are the restrictions 

Regards,
Shahram

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 02:12:20 +0000

Yes.

R.

> Shahram Davari wrote:

-- 
_____________________________________________________________________

     |          |         Robert Raszuk, CCIE #3690  ICQ #12710752
    :|:        :|:        IOS-Technologies, MPLS Engineering Team
   :|||:      :|||:       170 W. Tasman Dr. C2, San Jose, CA 95134
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.    Phone: 408-525-7588     Pager: 800-365-4578
C I S C O S Y S T E M S   Email: [email-masked]   Fax: 408-576-5240

 URLs:   http://www.employees.org/~raszuk & http://poland.cisco.com
_____________________________________________________________________

---

From: Snigdho Bardalai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:43:42 -0500

Will Extended RSVP for MPLS be able to create LSPs for
best-effort traffic ?

Snigdho

--
Snigdho C. Bardalai
Phone - (972) 479-2951
Fax   - (972) 479-6070
Email - [email-masked]

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:50:32 -0800

Yes - there are already working implementations which allow you to carry
any type of traffic via LSP build with Extended RSVP. Example: traffic
engineering application where in fact you don't need to even enable LDP.

R.

> Snigdho Bardalai wrote:

    :|:        :|:        IOS-Engineering, MPLS Development Team