Subject: Session Object...

From: "Navin kumar Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:04:57 +0530

Hi All,

My understanding of Session Object in New RSVP
(2205+Extn to RSVP for tunnel) is as explained below. Please go
through it and let me know if I have misunderstood something.

Session Object:

     _______________________________
         IPv4 Tunnel End Point Address
     _______________________________
                               |  Tunnel Id
     _____________|__________________
               Extended Tunnel Id
     _______________________________

* If the application provides the tunnel id through the rapi_session ()
to the RSVP daemon, then the daemon will construct the Path message
with this session object only. Here the Extended tunnel id field will be

zero.

* Whereas, if the application do not provides tunnel id value through
the rapi_session () function to the RSVP daemon, then the daemon will
generate a tunnel id value and also fill up the Session Object with
the IP address of one of its interface.

Comments: The idea of not putting the ip address in  the first case is
that not having ip address in session object allows merging of Path
(and the Resv messages corresponding to these Path messages)
messages generated by different senders.

Different senders may provide same tunnel id only if there are some Well

Known Tunnel-Ids. Is there any such Well Known Tunnel-Id?

Regards,
NaViN