Subject: Installing label for forwarding/switching use

From: "James R. Leu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:26:00 -0500

While re-reading LDP-05 (I needed to fall asleep) I noticed something that 
slightly confused me.

In "LRq.12 Perform LSR Label Use procedure" step 1 says:

	Install label sent to MsgSource and label from Next
	Hop (if LSR is not egress) for forwarding/switching
	use.

But back in LRp.9, step 3 (Independent Control or Ordered Control) we executed
"Send_Label" which says:

	SL.3 Install Label for forwarding/switchng use.

Now I realize that SL.3 refers to installing an "originating" label that
the peer will use to send traffic to the LSR, and that LRq.12 is installing
both the "originating" and "terminating" labels (creating a switch path).

If we do only what's said in SL.3, we're missing the "terminating" part of a 
switch path. If we do both, we have a smaller window in which we are missing
a "terminating" part of a switch path.  If we do only what is in LRq.12, 
there is the possibility that the peer will start using the mapping we just 
sent, before we can install the switch path.

Am I missing something?
Jim

-- 
James R. Leu        |  University of Wisconsin - Madison
Network Engineer    |  Division of Information Technology
[email-masked]  |  Network Engineering Technology