Subject: SESSION object in RSVP-TE

From: John Sparr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:47:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have a question about SESSION object in RSVP-TE:
SESSION object is mandatorry in both Pathe and Resv
message, what's the diffrence for SESSION objects in
Ptah and Resv message? Should the receiver node make
something diffrent for the SESSION object from the one
received from Path message?

Thanks,

--John

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. 
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:33:32 -0500

John Sparr wrote:
> 
> I have a question about SESSION object in RSVP-TE: SESSION object is
> mandatorry in both Pathe and Resv message, what's the diffrence for
> SESSION objects in Ptah and Resv message? Should the receiver node
> make something diffrent for the SESSION object from the one received
> from Path message?

The SESSION object identifies the receiving endpoint of communication
(or the egress node of an LSP).  The values used in the Resv message are
identical to those used in the corresponding Path message.

-- David