Subject: RE: LMP-MIB

From: Martin Dubuc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:25:35 -0500

Richard,

I agree with you. Link bundles are not LMP specific and it does make sense
to spin them off in a separate MIB. I have drafted a link bundling MIB that
can also be used for OSPF and MPLS, but it is not yet ready to be published
at the IETF site. I will post it to the list as soon as it is ready (within
a week or two).

The LMP-MIB will need to be revisited in light of the link bundling MIB.

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Bradford, Richard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 12:47 PM
To: Martin Dubuc
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: LMP-MIB

One major issue with this MIB is the creation of link bundles in an 
LMP-specific MIB.
Link Bundles are used by other protocols and should also be useful in 
scenarios without LMP. It would seem better to spin it out as a more 
general link bundling table (assuming work on such a table isn't already in 
progress elsewhere.)