Subject: LDP Specification draft - Loop detection.

From: "Amarnath Honnavalli Anantharamaiah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:47:37 +0530

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A.1.11. Receive Notification / Loop Detected

   Summary:

      When an LSR receives a Loop Detected Status Code from an LDP peer
      in response to a Label Request message or a Label Mapping message,

      it behaves as if it had received a No Route notification.

   Context:

      See "Receive Notification / No Route".

   Algorithm:

      See "Receive Notification / No Route"

   Notes:

      1. When the Loop Detected notification is in response to a Label
         Request message, it arrives in a Status Code TLV in a
         Notification message.  When it is in response to a Label
         Mapping message, it arrives in a Status Code TLV in a Label
         Release message.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[1] In the above section, Notes 1., It is told that When it is in
response to a Label mapping message, it arrives in Status Code TLV of
Label Release message, But Label Release message does not have Status
Code TLV -not even as optional parameter ?????

Regards
Amar

---

From: Bob Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:07:04 -0500

Amar,

Please review Section 3.4.6, especially the last paragraph, and
Section 3.4.5, especially 3.4.5.1.2.

Thanks,
Bob