Subject: RE: [IP-Optical] A brief question about modifying an existing CR- LSP

From: Vasanthi Thirumalai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:49:43 -0500

Chrysostomos,
	If you use the modify mechanism defined in
"draft-ietf-mpls-crlsp-modify-02.txt", then the present version of that
draft only allows modification requests that originate from the ingress
router of the CR-LSP. 

-Vasanthi

-----Original Message-----
From: Chrysostomos Tziouvaras [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 2:42 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [IP-Optical] A brief question about modifying an existing
CR-LSP

Dear all,
Consider a CR-LSP which traverses a lightpath(tunnel). 
If the edge router of the optical network decides to put the CR-LSP
into another optical path, is it necessary to inform the originator router 
of the CR-LSP or is it a strictly local matter for the edge router?

Thanks in advance

Chrysostomos Tziouvaras

_______________________________________________
IP-Optical mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/ip-optical