Subject: RFC 3033 on GIT and UUS Assignment for IP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:54:33 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3033

        Title:	    The Assignment of the Information Field and
                    Protocol Identifier in the Q.2941 Generic
                    Identifier and Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling for
                    the Internet Protocol 
        Author(s):  M. Suzuki
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 52188
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-git-uus-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3033.txt

The purpose of this document is to specify the assignment of the
information field and protocol identifier in the Q.2941 Generic
Identifier and Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling for the Internet
protocol.
 
The assignment, that is specified in section 4 of this document, is
designed for advanced B-ISDN signaling support of the Internet
protocol, especially the B-ISDN signaling support for the connection
that corresponds to the session in the Internet protocol which is
clarified in section 2.  This specification provides an indispensable 
framework for the implementation of long-lived session and
QoS-sensitive session transfers over ATM.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.