Subject: Egress Address for CRLDP tunnels

From: "Manikantan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:28:13 +0530

Hello

Good day to you.

While implementing the TE MIB I have come across with following
questions/suggestions.

This is regarding the usage of the single TE  MIB for both RSVP-TE based
tunnel setup and CRLSP based tunnel setup.

In the latest draft of the TE MIB (05.txt) the Tunnel table has destination
address too as an index to a row in the tunnel table in addition to the
other three indices 1) tunnel index, 2) tunnel instance and 3) tunnel
ingress address.

These four values are used in the RSVP-TE messages. The destination address
is carried in the Session object while the source address (sender address)
is carried in the sender template.

In CRLSP, only the source address is conveyed in the LSPID TLV. The scope to
convey the destination address is currently not available.

1) My question is, can we extended the LSPID TLV to hold the destination
address (Tunnel Egress address) too?

2) The ER Hop TLV is mentioned as optional TLV in the CRLDP Draft. While
implementing the support
I feel when a CRLDP label request is received with no ER Hops we cannot
forward the request. At least one ER Hop is required. This seems that it
becomes mandatory and not optional.
Adding the Destination address in the LSPID TLV can remove the "mandatory"
expectation of the ER Hop.

3)I agree that we can use a FEC TLV of host address type, and provide the
CRLDP TLVs such as Traffic parameters TLV etc, (which the CRLDP draft do
suggest) but I feel that is not very simple. It is easy to handle when we
know that the label request is for a CRLSP type or otherwise.

4) Suppose the TE MIB is used for CRLSP based Tunnel initializations, what
will be intended use of the destination address (which is a prefix) in the
current context? Can we make that value as the last ERHOP for the tunnel,
with strict hop type and prefix length of 32?

I request your comments/feedback.

Thanks in advance
with best regards
mani
-----------------------------------------
S.Manikantan
Future Software Limited
480-481, Anna Salai,
Nandanam, Chennai, India.
Zip (PIN CODE) : 600 035
Phone          : 91-44-4330550
Fax            : 91-44-4344157
email          : [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------