Subject: Doubts in ldp draft ????

From: "Amarnath Honnavalli Anantharamaiah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:36:22 +0530

In the Appendix of the LDP draft
A.1.6 Recognize New FEC

[1] FEC.5. Generate Event Received Label Mapping from Next Hop

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don’t understand this..........................
Does'nt this repeat the process of distributing Label mapping message to
the peers again. This is already done in FEC.1 for Downstream
Unsolicited Independent as well as Downstream Unsolicited Ordered contro
mode
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[2] FEC.1, In case of downstream unsolicited Ordered control mode, Why
should we loop between 1, 2 when we are not egress or label mapping is
not received from next hop. I feel that this is meaning less. We can
straight away go to FEC.2 if above condition not satisfied else loop for
each peer and distribute the mapping message to all the peers. I just
wanted to confirm with my understanding. Am I right in saying like
this....

             For Downstream Unsolicited Ordered Control

               1.  Is LSR egress for FEC? OR
                    Has LSR previously received and retained a label
                    mapping for FEC from Next Hop? Then go to FEC.2

               2.  Iterate through 5 for each Peer.

               3.  Execute procedure Prepare_Label_Mapping_Attributes
                   (Peer, FEC, InitAttributes, SAttributes, Propagating,

                   StoredHopCount).

               4.  Execute procedure Send_Label (Peer, FEC, SAttributes)

               5.  End iteration from 2.
                   Goto FEC.2.

If any of these is discussed, please let me know or give me a pointer to
when it was done....

Thanks in Advance
Amar