Subject: Regarding Address Message and Address Withdraw message

From: "Amarnath Honnavalli Anantharamaiah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:00:52 +0530

Hi *,

Sorry if my questiong is very prelimnary.. But there isnt much
explanation of Address message and address withdraw message in the draft
or any other state m/c explanation.

As per the MPLS architecture document this message will be sent by every
LSR before sending or receiving any Label Request or Label mapping
message OR when a new interface is created or removed....
I have several questions regarding this...

[1] Does an LSR advertive this mapping for all the interfaces/label
space it has OR does it only advertise only the interface address on
which session is establised.
     For eg. in a scenario as under. Does R2 advertise interface address
label space mapping for all the label space a,b,c to R1 or only the
interface address of only R2:b to R1.

           ---      session s1       ---       session   s2      ---
          | R1|---------------a | R2| b ----------------| R3|
           ---
---                               ---
                                               c
                                                 \
                                                  \sesssion s3
                                                   \
                                                     ---
                                                    | R3|
                                                     ---

[2] If it is advertising interface address of all the label space R2:a,
R2:b, R2:c to R1 for eg., R1 will have a mapping of LDPID and interface
address as under

      LDPId         interface
        R2:a               i1
        R2:b               i2
        R2:c               i3
       What does LSR R1 do with the other mappings R2:b and R2:c

[3] If it is only advertising interface address of the label space on
the established, then this is not required because we know the interface
address at the session establishment. Am I right !!!

Thanks in Advance
Amar