Subject: LDP Specification - Appendix A.1.6 ( New FEC detection) & Appendix A.1.1 (Receive Label Request)

From: "Amarnath Honnavalli Anantharamaiah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:07:13 +0530

[1]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      FEC.4   Perform LSR Label Request procedure:

            For Request Never

              1. Goto FEC.6

            For Request When Needed OR
            For Request On Request

              1. Execute procedure
                 Prepare_Label_Request_Attributes
                 (Next Hop, FEC, InitAttributes, SAttributes);

              2. Execute procedure Send_Label_Request (Next
                 Hop, FEC, SAttributes).
                 Goto FEC.6.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In case of the Label Request procedure, Why do we need to make a Request
for RequestOnRequest.
For this procedure, we should request only when we have a request from
upstream LSR.

Please clarify...

[2] Similarly in A.1.1 Receive Label Request... Why should we send Label
Request for Request When Needed. This will be done already in FEC.4
above
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      LRq.10  Perform LSR Label Request procedure:

            For Request Never

               1. Goto LRq.13.

            For Request When Needed OR
            For Request On Request

               1. Execute procedure Prepare_Label_Request_Attributes
                  (Next Hop, FEC, RAttributes, SAttributes);

               2. Execute procedure Send_Label_Request (Next Hop, FEC,
                  SAttributes).
                  Goto LRq.13.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks in Advance