Subject: rsvp udp connection

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:20:34 -0500

Hello,

When rsvp package is sent out, was UDP connection required?

According to the spec 2205, on Appendix c., it means that there are two
different scenarios.
One is that the rsvp can send and receive by raw network I/O, and another one is
that UDP is necessary to put RSVP into the UDP before it is sent out.  When we
do the real testing, it looks like that the rsvp only require raw network I/O to
send and receive IP datagrams using protocol 46.

Can anyone tell me which way is the most of switches( supported rsvp
)implemented?

Thanks,

Julia

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:18:20 -0500

I believe essentially everyone does raw.  I've even heard that folks
would like to remove the UDP option if 2205 is ever re-spun.

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824