Subject: Owner of LSP?

From: "Vijayanand Chandrasekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:41:57 +0530

This question has already been asked but no reply has been received. Can
anyone reply to this or give a pointer to the mail archive if this has
alredy been discussed.

The LDP mib draft says:

   The mplsLdpSessionXCMapTable provides a way to map LDP LSPs in the
   LSR MIB's mplsXCTable to the LDP session which created them in this
   MIB's mplsLdpSessionTable.

            DESCRIPTION
             "A table of Session's Labels which
             are Mapped to the LSR MIB 's XConnect table.
             Each row represents a single cross connect."

Since a cross-connect involves two LDP sessions, how can we interpret the
session which created the LSP. Does it depend on the label distribution mode
used?

Regards,
Vijay

---

From: Hans Sjöstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:04:55 +0100

Sorry for not answering timely,

The mplsLdpSessionXCMapTable is used to identify which LSP XCs belongs to a
given session, not the other way around. So, both sessions involved in the
setup of the LSP should be represented in the table.

So for a given LSP XC there will be two entries in the table with
incoming_session.incoming_interface_and_label.outgoing_interface_and_label
and
outgoing_session.incoming_interface_and_label.outgoing_interface_and_label

The table is sorted on session, so it's very easy for a manager to list
all LSP XCs concerned with given session, it's just to get_next it's way
through the table with the desired session id until it hits a new session
id.

Regards
/// Hasse

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Vijayanand Chandrasekar
> Sent: den 22 februari 2001 06:12
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Owner of LSP?
>
>