Subject: LSP control mode of peer...

From: "Vinay Vernekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:40:37 +0530

Hello,
I have a query which came up when implementing the LDP as in rfc3036 - "LDP Specification", keeping in mind the MPLS architecture as given be rfc3031.
As discussed in rfc3031 - 5.2.1. Schemes for LSRs that Support Label Merging -
If Ru and Rd are label distribution peers, and both support labelmerging one of the supported scheme is -

3. <PushConditional, RequestWhenNeeded, RequestNoRetry,ReleaseOnChange, *>
This implies that the label retention mode of the upstream can be conservative given that the downstream is operating in Unsolicited label distribution mode and its LSP control mode is Ordered. But how can the LSP control mode of the peer be determined? This is not available in any of the LDP messages/TLVs.

Thanks & Regards
Vinay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift. That's why it's called the Present!!
*****************************************************************************
Vinay H. Vernekar
Sr. Software Engineer - Global R&D Solutions
Wipro Technologies
No.26, Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli,
Bangalore-560 068, India.
*****************************************************************************

---

From: "Vijayanand Chandrasekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:47:30 +0530

Vinay,
I don't think you need to know whether your downstream is Ordered or
Independent. You need to just know if it is Ondemand or Unsolicited.

Regards,
Vijay
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Vinay
Vernekar
  Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 1:41 PM
  To: [email-masked]'
  Subject: LSP control mode of peer...

  Hello,
  I have a query which came up when implementing the LDP as in rfc3036 -
"LDP Specification", keeping in mind the MPLS architecture as given be
rfc3031.
  As discussed in rfc3031 - 5.2.1. Schemes for LSRs that Support Label
Merging -
  If Ru and Rd are label distribution peers, and both support labelmerging
one of the supported scheme is -

  3. <PushConditional, RequestWhenNeeded, RequestNoRetry,ReleaseOnChange, *>
  This implies that the label retention mode of the upstream can be
conservative given that the downstream is operating in Unsolicited label
distribution mode and its LSP control mode is Ordered. But how can the LSP
control mode of the peer be determined? This is not available in any of the
LDP messages/TLVs.

  Thanks & Regards
  Vinay
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery.
  Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the Present!!

****************************************************************************
*
  Vinay H. Vernekar
  Sr. Software Engineer - Global R&D Solutions
  Wipro Technologies
  No.26, Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli,
  Bangalore-560 068, India.

****************************************************************************
*