Subject: mpls over FR

From: "Nagabhushana Ramaswamy Nadig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:10:56 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
	Is there any working implementation of mpls over a Frame Relay
interface. If yes

1. Is the same frame relay interafce used for the LDP message (in general
for any control plane message) exchange with some DLCI reservations or
any other choice like using an Ethernet interface for control plane is
deployed. 

2. Similar thing holds for the multicast on FR as each packet with a
multicast DLCI value has to be given to upper layers for processing.

3. Should the length of DLCI be carried in the Label field of a packet
being forwarded. As it leads to new possibilities in ldp like
distributing the same DLCI value to the same peer for different routes
over the same session under different length categories and appropriate
table look up can happen depending upon the length field.
	
--
thanks for the reply
Bhushana