Subject: Draft IETF MPLS TE MIB 05 usage question: Tunnel Table

From: Filipe Miguel Sousa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:17:11 +0000

Question about the mplsTunnelXcPointer Object.

Can someone clarify me on this issue?

In the MPLS TE MIB the mplsTunnelTable as the
mplsTunnelXcpointer. This object points to a row in the mplsXCTable
in the MPLS LSR MIB. My question is how the MPLS TE MIB as all
the XCsegments used by this tunnel if this pointer only points to
one row in a specif mib?

Best Regards,

Filipe Sousa

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 22:40:58 -0500

>the XCsegments used by this tunnel if this pointer only points to

         I think that you could be asking two things above, so
I will try to answer both questions. First, the XCindex is
the major index for associated cross-connects on that
particular LSR in the LSR MIB. If there are parallel links
for example, then the XCindex notes the "group" of
LSPs used for the tunnel. If you are asking why the totality
of cross-connects (i.e.: throughout the network) is not
available at the head-end LSR, then this is simple: because
you need to go hop-by-hop checking the LSR MIB along the
way.

         --Tom