Subject: Questions related to Class-Type (in DiffServ-TE context)

From: "Choudhury, Sanjaya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:20:50 -0500

Hi! I have some basic questions regarding the Class-Types in the 
	context for the DiffServ-TE. Your help will be appreciated.

	Questions regarding Definition of Class Types:
	-------------------------------------------------------
	Q1. Who defines the Class-Types (0,1,2,3) ? 

	Q2. If these Class-Types are administrator defined and is configured
	in all the LSR of the DiffServ-TE domain, why is the Class-Type 
	signaled ? 
	(Signaling messages already signals the PSC(s) being carried by
	the LSP, can't one determine the class-type from local configuration
?)

	Q3. The diff-te-reqts-00 draft states that "per Class TE" can be 
	viewed as a special case of per Class-Type TE, where each Class-Type
	is degenerated into a single Diff-Serv class. In this cases, is the 
	Class-Type information in the signaling messages redundant ?

	Questions regarding the Admission Control of L-LSP in DiffServ-TE 
	environment.
	
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
	Q1. The mpls-diff-ext-07 draft, indicates that the signaled
bandwidth can
	be used by the LSR to perform admission control of the signaled LSP
	over the DiffServ resources provisioned for the relevant PSC(s).

	The diff-te-ext-01 draft, states that if the CLASSTYPE object is not

	present in the Path message, the LSR must associate the Class-Type 0
	to the LSP. This implies that one is expected to do admission
control
	against the resource available for Class-Type 0.

	How can I read these two together ?

	Pre-emption and Class-Type
	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
	Q1. Based on the diff-te-reqts-01, can I assume that the pre-emption

	should NOT work across the class-types (unlike the suggestion in the
	00 version of the draft) ?

	Thanks for your help,
	sanjay

---

From: Vasos Vassiliou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:52:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding signaling QOS parameters
in DifServ/MPLS

1. Just to make sure that I have everything right in my
mind: What exactly is the difference between signalled and
unsignalled E-LSPs?

2. Are QoS parameters other than BW/Bit rate signalled in
the MPLS net and how?

Thanks in advance.

Vasos Vassiliou
Georgia Tech

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices! http://auctions.yahoo.com/