Subject: Re: Query

From: "Rakesh Tiwari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 00:45:20

see the coments below:

From: Sachin Doshi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Query
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:27:38 +0530

Can someone answer these:

1. Is it possible that on a LAN where R1 (router/switch) is connected to
R3 (router/switch) through R2(router/switch), there is a LSP which has
only R1 and R3 as LSR's  not R2 (assuming that R1,R2 and R3 all are
MPLS capable).

>>it is possible provided there is another path from R1 to R3.

2. If a LSR receives a MPLS packet which was not directed to him (mac DA
was not this LSR's address), what should it do with the packet? Should
it switch the packet based on the L2 address or is it allowed to switch
it based on the MPLS label?

>>packet should be swithced on the basis of L2 address in this case!

regards,
    sachin

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.