Subject: MPLS LSPs and ATM PVCs

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:11:29 +0100

Hello,

I have a question about MPLS and ATM. ATM point-to-point PVCs can be
either uni-directional or bi-directional. MPLS LSPs are only
uni-directional. Is there any work being done concerning bi-directional
LSPs, for example, to allow two LSPs to be established by a single RSVP
signalling operation?

I've just joined the list, so apologies if this has already been
discussed.

Thanks,
Paul

-- 
Paul Moore
Alcatel Bell
+32 3 450 3536
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:51:36 -0500

HI Paul,

I believe RSVP is never intended to set up two LSPs using one single
operation.  We will have to use two RSVP signalling operations to set up
the two LSPs, one for each direction, even if the PVC may be used
bidirectionally.

Regards,
Jane D. Jiang

Paul Moore <[email-masked]>@UU.NET on 02/26/2001 08:11:29 AM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:
Subject:  MPLS LSPs and ATM PVCs

Hello,

Thanks,
Paul