Subject: L-LSP incoming PHB Determination.

From: Ibrahim Okumus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:00:40 -0500 (EST)

I was going through MPLS support of Diff-serv draft. I am not clear at one
point about L-LSP incoming PHB determination. 
on pg 5
"A seperate LSP can be established for a single <FEC, OA> pair. With such
LSPs, the PSC is explicitly signalled at label establishment time so that,
after label establishment, the LSR can infer exclusively fromt he label
value the PSC to be applied to a lebaled packet"

Does this mean that certain label is bound to a certain PSC during path
establishment and when the LSR sees that label it knows that packet
belongs to that certain PSC?
Is there a specific range of labels to be applied to specific PSCs or is
it arbitrary?
And I am also assuming that if a domain is using E-LSP it doesn't use
L-LSP. I am correct?
Thanks,

 _______________________________
 Ibrahim Taner OKUMUS

---

From: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:36:31 -0800

Hi,

> belongs to that certain PSC?

Yes.

> Is there a specific range of labels to be applied to specific 

It is arbitrary.

> And I am also assuming that if a domain is using E-LSP it doesn't use

No, you could have both L-LSP and E-LSP in a domain simultaneously.

Yours,
-Shahram