Subject: Outband VCID notification for LDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:59:13 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding outband VCID notiffication for LDP.

On page 4 of RFC3038, section 3.1.1, point 2, it says for inband
notification:
"The node A sends a VCID PROPOSE message which contains the VCID value and
a message ID through the newly established VC to the node B."

I can understand that it is an inband notification message.

However, on page 8 of RFC3038, section 3.2.1, point 2, it says for outband
notification:
"The upstream LSR sends the VCID PROPOSE message through the VC for LDP to
notify the downstream LSR of the association between the BLLI and VCID
values."

I some how that the above is actually an inband notification as the refered
VC is used.

Regards,
Jane D. Jiang

---

From: Ken Nagami <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:34:05 +0900

Hi Jane, 

>> I some how that the above is actually an inband notification as the refered

The diffrence between these two is as follows:

In section 3.1.1 (Inband notification):
   VCID PROPOSE message sends through the newly established VC.
                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In section 3.2.1 (Outband notification):
   VCID PROPOSE messasge sends through the VC for LDP. This is not the
                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   newly established VC.

Is it clear to you?