Subject: Multiple label spaces per link??

From: "Vinay Vernekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:51:38 +0530

Hello, 
I have a question on the following from rfc3036 "LDP Specification".
Under 2.5.3. Session Initialization page 15, para 4 it is given that -
"In general when there are multiple links between LSR1 and LSR2 and multiple label spaces to be advertised by each...."
Does this mean that each link will advertise multiple spaces. In other words is it possible for a single link to advertise more than one label space??

Regards
Vinay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift. That's why it's called the Present!!
*****************************************************************************
Vinay H. Vernekar
Sr. Software Engineer - Global R&D Solutions
Wipro Technologies
No.26, Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli,
Bangalore-560 068, India.
Tel: 91-80-5722293/5722296 Extn. 4019
Fax: 91-80-5722696
Email: [email-masked]
The World's First SEI CMM Level 5 Software Services Company
*****************************************************************************

---

From: "Vijayanand Chandrasekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:38:11 +0530

Vinay,
Yes. A single link can advertise more than one label space. This will happen
in multicasting and in the case of diffserv/QoS when we create L-LSPs.

Regards,
Vijay
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Vinay
Vernekar
  Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 1:52 PM
  To: [email-masked]'
  Subject: Multiple label spaces per link??

  Hello,
  I have a question on the following from rfc3036 "LDP Specification".
  Under 2.5.3. Session Initialization page 15, para 4 it is given that -
  "In general when there are multiple links between LSR1 and LSR2 and
multiple label spaces to be advertised by each...."
  Does this mean that each link will advertise multiple spaces. In other
words is it possible for a single link to advertise more than one label
space??

  Regards
  Vinay
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery.
  Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the Present!!

****************************************************************************
*
  Vinay H. Vernekar

****************************************************************************
*

---

From: Bob Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:01:51 -0500

Vinay,

> ltiple label spaces to be advertised by each...."

The sentance in question was written assuming that LSRs, not links,
advertise label spaces, and could be rewritten as follows without
changing its intended meaning:

   In general when there are multiple links between LSR1 and LSR2 and
   multiple label spaces to be advertised by each LSR, ...

Bob