Subject: RE: MPLS LSR MIB (draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-07.txt)

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:46:09 +0100

You can find that MIB at:

    ftp://www.isi.edu/mib/ianaaddressfamilynumbers.mib

Or you can get there from the www.iana.org/numbers.htm
Under the letter I.

Bert

> ----------
> From: 	Dave Danenberg[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Reply To: 	[email-masked]
> Sent: 	Tuesday, February 06, 2001 8:56 PM
> To: 	[email-masked]'
> Subject: 	MPLS LSR MIB (draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-07.txt)
> 
> Has anyone tried compiling this MIB? There is a reference to
> AddressFamilyNumbers FROM IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB. I've seen this
> referenced in a few other MIBs, but I can not find the RFC that defines
> it.
> 
> Does anyone know what RFC defines IANA-ADDRESS-FAMILY-NUMBERS-MIB? 
> 
> Thanx, 
> Dave 
> 
>

---

From: "Dave Danenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:15:04 -0500

Can someone enlighten me?

By description, the label stack provides for pushing multiple labels
(beneath the top label) onto a packet. However, it's not entirely clear to
me how the Primary and Secondary indexes are used to create a list of
labels. I would think that there would be 1 primary index per cross-connect,
the secondary index would then be used to traverse the list (based on the
same primary index). The reason I'm not sure is the description under
mplsLabelStackIndexNext which says:

"This object contains an appropriate value to be used for
mplsLabelStackIndex when creating entries in the mplsLabelStackTable."

To better describe my understanding, it would say:

"This object contains an appropriate value to be used for
mplsLabelStackIndex (primary index) when creating a new set of entries in
the mplsLabelStackTable."

Thoughts?

Thanx, Dave