Subject: MPLS on the end hosts

From: Narayanan Vidya-CVN065 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:30:02 -0600

All,
I remember having done some reading on extending MPLS all the way to the host a while ago. Has there been any interest in the working group in this area at all? If there has been a discussion in this area already, I would appreciate it if I can get pointers to that. 

Thanks,
Vidya

---

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:45:37 -0800

That would be as popular as ATM to the desktop I am sure. MPLS
does not provide a global address space and there is no socket
layer for it either.

Bora

>>>>> "Narayanan" == Narayanan Vidya-CVN065 <[email-masked]> writes:

    Narayanan> All, I remember having done some reading on
    Narayanan> extending MPLS all the way to the host a while
    Narayanan> ago. Has there been any interest in the working
    Narayanan> group in this area at all? If there has been a
    Narayanan> discussion in this area already, I would
    Narayanan> appreciate it if I can get pointers to that.

    Narayanan> Thanks, Vidya