Subject: Please Clarify the GMPLS Doubts......

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:05:25 -0700

Hi All,

       I have gone through the latest GMPLS drafts. But I could not make out 
clearly the message structure of even the Label Request Message. Can u pleae 
brief me the TLVs that will be present in generalized Label Request Message 
(both mandatory and optional) ?

The following TLVs are passed on the O-UNI :

        - Label Set
        - Suggested Label
        - Generalized Label TLV
        - LightPath TLV
        - Source Id TLV
        - Destination Id TLV
        - Service TLV

In an interworking scenario i.e. from O-UNI to GMPLS, whether LightPathId 
TLV, SourceId TLV, Destination Id TLV, Service TLV are passed on GMPLS or 
not ? I believe that these TLVs are just consumed at the UNI only.

Please clarify.

Regards,
manoj.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com