Subject: Last Call on RSVP Label Allocation for Backup Tunnels

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:03:30 -0500

This message commences a workgroup last call on "RSVP Label Allocation
for Backup Tunnels" <draft-swallow-rsvp-bypass-label-01.txt>.  This
draft is informational.  The last call closes April 11, 12 PM GMT.

...George

======================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:53:48 -0800

As far as I understand this draft outlines a mechanism for fast reroute 
in MPLS networks. With this in mind, shouldn't we delay the last call on 
this draft until ther **other** fast reroute related drafts in CCAMP run 
to completion?

Regards

Bora

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:06:23 -0500

Bora,

    Why?

--
Eric Gray

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:04:23 -0500

> this draft until ther **other** fast reroute related drafts in CCAMP run 

Bora -

I don't get your point.  Would you suggest that Sonet not specify BLSR
or closer to home IPoPTR not work on rerouting schemes?  This is a
technology specific mechanism which has immediate application.  How or
even if it fits into a larger picture is irrelavant.

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:08:03 -0800

George

The point that I was trying to make is that there is **other** reroute 
work going on within the CCAMP WG and I am not sure about the 
interaction between that work and the draft that is in question. Hence I 
asked **a** question below.

If it turns out that the WG consensus is to do a last call and send the 
draft forward, fine by me. However, the draft may get obsoleted quickly 
once the CCAMP WG concludes the fast reroute work.

Bora