Subject: re: draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-06.txt

From: "Friedeborn, William" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:56:19 -0500

I'm a little confused by the mplsTunnelCRLDPResTable description:

"The mplsTunnelCRLDPResTable allows a manager to
          specify which CR-LDP-specific resources are desired
          for an MPLS tunnel if that tunnel is signaled using
          CR-LDP. Note that these attributes are in addition
          to those specified in mplsTunnelResourceTable. This
          table also allows several tunnels to point to a
          single entry in this table, implying that these
          tunnels should share resources."

If these are in addition to the mplsTunnelResourceTable I would expect
this to be an AUGMENT to the resource table or I would expect an
additional row pointer in the tunnel table so that the ResourceTable
and the CRLDPResTable can be used by the Tunnel?

Actually, on closer inspection, there is quite a bit of overlap between the
two tables. This doesn't look right to me? It seems to me that the
overlapping
parameters should be removed and either make the CRLDPResTable an
AUGMENT to ResourceTable or add a new ROW POINTER to the TunnelTable.

Bill Friedeborn

---

From: Shobhan Lakkapragada <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:38:37 -0500

If I remember correctly, I think the consensus on this mailing list
was to add these new CR-LSP objects in a separate table.
So my guess is the authors didn't intend to add
these in both the mplsTunnelCRLDPResTable and
in mplsTunnelResourceTable. Could the authors
please clarify. Thanks.

- shobhan