Subject: help for CR-LDP

From: "zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:27:50 +0800

Dear Mr.(Mrs),
  Please help me for a question about algorithem of 
selection of the next hop.
  In 4.8.1 selection of the next hop
       2. If there is no second ER-HOP, this indicates the end of 
   the explicit route. The explicit route TLV should be removed 
   from the Label Request Message. This node may or may not 
   be the end of the LSP. Processing continues with section 
   4.8.2, where a new explicit route TLV may be added to the 
   Label Request Message.

But why "This node may or may not be the end of the LSP."?

Regards
Zhang.

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:36:20 -0500

Zhang,

    You use an Explicit Route to designate nodes you want
included in an LSP.  That's all.  Practical uses of the ERO
currently tend to include the egress from an MPLS domain,
but there may be TE applications (for example) that benefit
from the increased dynamism of having an ERO that only
specifies some hop toward the middle of the MPLS cloud.

--
Eric Gray

You wrote:

>  Dear Mr.(Mrs),  Please help me for a question about algorithem
> ofselection of the next hop.  In 4.8.1 selection of the next hop
> 2. If there is no second ER-HOP, this indicates the end of   the
> explicit route. The explicit route TLV should be removed   from the
> Label Request Message. This node may or may not   be the end of the
> LSP. Processing continues with section   4.8.2, where a new explicit
> route TLV may be added to the   Label Request Message. But why "This
> node may or may not be the end of the LSP."? RegardsZhang.