Subject: questions on GMPLS-00.txt and ldp-ouni drafts

From: "!! !!" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 02:36:04 -0000

Hi,

   Pls. help me with the following:

   There was some discussion on the mailing list to include the signal
   type field in the generalized label request TLV. Has any decision
   been taken yet? (GMPLS functional specifications.)

   Besides this, I have one doubt. The paragraph below from LDP Optical
   UNI draft, doesn't specify clearly what all parameters from the Label
   Request msg. received over UNI would be used in framing the GMPLS
   Label Request when received by the edge optical node. How about
   Destination Id TLV and Source Id TLV?

      .....
        After passing the edge optical network verification process, the 
edge
        optical network constructs the generalized MPLS message for 
lightpath
        aetup across the optical network. The generalized Label Request 
Message
        extracts information from the O-UNI Label Request Message with 
regard
        to the Generalized Label Request TLV, the Suggested Label TLV, and 
the
        Label Set TLV, whenever applicable. The methods and procedures
        described in [4] are then followed for end-to-end path setup.
        .....

Pls. clarify. Pls. correct me if something has been overlooked.

Thanks.
raju
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com