Subject: Two TE MIBs

From: "Rao Vadlamani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:15:54 -0500

Hello,

Could someone clarify as to why there are 2 draft TE MIB's
draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-06.txt of Thomas D. Nadeu etal and
draft-ietf-tewg-mib-00.txt of Kireeti ? If I understand, both are going
for a IESG approval, too. If my understanding is correct both the MIBs
are giving more or less the same information. except in the second MIB
of kireeti, all the objects are only read-only and operator can't
exercise control over them ? What's the motivation behind this ?

Thanks in advance for the clarification and I am sorry to pose this
question if this is already raised and discussed.

Regards
Rao

---

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:12:06 -0700 (MST)

please consult the mailing list archives, this has been well discussed.

Jim

p.s. mailing list archives can be found on WG homepages, which are
off of www.ietf.org

---

From: "Rao Vadlamani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:58:36 -0500

Thanks, Jim.

It would be nice if there is a summary of discussions, since the archives
takes longer to search.

Regards

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:07:04 -0500

Hi,

>question if this is already raised and discussed.

         Beats me why there are two, but I am not going to beat
a dead horse and argue about it any longer though. This was discussed
at length late last summer, and I suggest you go back and re-read
the archive so that you can come to your own informed conclusion.
The outcome of the discussion at that time was that IESG agreed to
have two.

         --Tom