Subject: How to integrate MPLS and IPSec in IP VPN

From: "chengguangdong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:23:01 +0800

Hi All,
Our customer want to build VPN based MPLS but he needs the traffic must be  encrypted before they go to PE routers. In order to provide confidentiality  and any to any connection, the CE routers must be IPSec full meshed , this would be nightmare for a VPN with hundreds CE routers  and conflicts with the advantage of MPLS VPN----simple provisioning.
So what are the solutions. I will be very appreciated  if  I can get your answer.

Best Regards,
Cheng Guang Dong

---

From: "Jing Zeng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:40:45 -0800

Hi cheng,

If the IPSEC function is added on CE router,it is CPE based IPSEC VPN
solution.You can try network based VPN solution.
Add VPN concentrator(such as Cisco 5000) between CE and PE to support
thousands of VPN.It is easy to configure and provision.
Or use SMS(subscriber management system) box from Shasta/Nortel or Cosine to
add IPSEC VPN Service.

Best Regards

Jing Zeng

----- Original Message -----
From: "chengguangdong" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 1:23 AM
Subject: How to integrate MPLS and IPSec in IP VPN

> Hi All,
> Our customer want to build VPN based MPLS but he needs the traffic must be
encrypted before they go to PE routers. In order to provide confidentiality
and any to any connection, the CE routers must be IPSec full meshed , this
would be nightmare for a VPN with hundreds CE routers  and conflicts with
the advantage of MPLS VPN----simple provisioning.
> So what are the solutions. I will be very appreciated  if  I can get your
answer.

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com