Subject: Network Restoration

From: Norman Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:17:39 +0000

Hi to all, I am new mpls technology and I would like to know more about the 
network restoration and protection in MPLS. Could anyone let me know more 
information or references in this area.

Also I have some queries, what happens if a MPLS network has a span failure 
or node failure in say a mesh network?

Does it performs convergence like in OSPF??

If restoration is performed, how fast does it takes?

Can this area be improved upon as I am looking into for an area to work on 
for my thesis.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Warmest Regards,
Norman

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:18:21 -0500

Norman,

    The MPLS working group charter web site has a lot of information
that might be useful to a newbie.  The URL is:

http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/html.charters/mpls-charter.html

One of the most useful things listed there is the mail archive location:

http://cell.onecall.net/cell-relay/archives/mpls/mpls.index.html

You might also want to check out the Internet Drafts site:

http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/ids.by.wg/mpls.html

--
Eric Gray

> ...