Subject: GMPLS question

From: "!! !!" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:05:49 -0000

Hi,

I have one doubt on GMPLS:

   Can there any scenario in which GMPLS enabled OXC extracts
   a wavelength (for wavelength switching) and extract the SDH/SONET
   framing (for VC-x switching) on another wavelength in the
   same incoming fiber?

   Pls. help.

Thanks in advance.
Raju

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: Josue Kuri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:48:14 +0100 (MET)

>    framing (for VC-x switching) on another wavelength in the

Note that GMPLS is (or, more precisely, is intended to be) a
control plane technology. In this sense, a 'GMPLS enabled OXC' would be an
OXC that implements GMPLS-based control plane functions.

The pertinence of an hybrid wavelength/SDH switch depends on the
architectural requirements (e.g., granularity, flexibility) of the network
that you are considering.

Regards,

-- 
Josue Kuri
Department of Computer Science and Networks
ENST Paris
FRANCE

E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: (+33) 1.45.81.75.70
Fax: (+33) 1.45.81.31.19