Subject: Please Clarify Doubts regarding RGT & RNC

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:34:03 -0700

Hi All,
        The GMPLS draft "draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signalling-02.txt"
defines different values for RGT (Requested Grouping Type) viz.
Virtual Concatenation, Contiguous standard concatenation, Contiguous
arbitrary concatenation, Bundle.
How does the implementation of a control plane differ if it receives
different RGT values ? Another field RNC (Reuested Number of
Components) defines the number of such components requested.
My understanding is that if RNC is 2 and signal type is STM-1. Then it
means that 2 STM-1 signals are requested and these are concatenated
according to the RGT specified. Does this mean, the number of labels
requested depend on the RNC field ?  This means that is RNC is "X",
then "X" number of labels are to be returned in Label Mapping message
and the labels returned should be in accrodance with the requested
signal type.

Please clarify these doubts.

Can somebody please brief me on grouping type Bundle ?

Is there any additional capability required in the network for
supporting different types of grouping types (RGTs) ?

Please clarify.

Regards,
manoj.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com