Subject: CRLDP Tunnel Egress

From: "gopinathg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:19:37 +0530

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the determination of the CRLSP tunnel egress.

 There is a problem in determining the egress of  CRLDP tunnels
1) If the LSP was established using ER-HOPs and the last ER-HOP is a prefix
element , then how will the ingress(ans also the other nodes int the LSP which
maintain tunnel state ) know the tunnel egress.
2) If there are no ER-HOPs and only a FEC element with a prefix or host element,
how will the ingress and the other LSRs in the LSP which maintain tunnel state
know the tunnel egress.

The need for knowing egress of the tunnel is two-fold.
1)If the LSPID is a hop in a ER-HOP TLV then there is a need for the source end
of the inner LSP(which is a
 ER-HOP) to peer with the tunnel egress.
2)For indexing the tunnel the LSP ingress and the other nodes in the LSP  need
to know the IP address of the LSP egress.

Please clarify.
Thanks in advance
Regards,
gopinathg