Subject: MPLS over DWDM

From: "padua" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:10:18 -0300

Hi!
I'd like to know about MPLS over DWDM. Does it exists some norm for this technology?

Regards,

_________________________________
           Fabiano João L. Pádua
                        BRASIL

---

From: Vincent Jardin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:58:13 +0200

> I'd like to know about MPLS over DWDM. Does it exists some norm for this

You should start getting informations about GMPLS (previously MP(lambda)S) on:
http://www.mplsrc.com/articles.shtml and SRLG.

Tibor Cinkler has written a good paper about an "ILP formulation of grooming 
over wavelength routing with protection" (Sorry I just have a paper release). 
Then he has written some papers on IEEE that get some heuristics to solve the 
Wavelength Routing (WR). He has formalized the SRLG (Shared Resource Link 
Group) constrains in his formulations.

Moreover, the drafts 
draft-many-inference-srlg-00.txt
draft-papadimitriou-enhanced-lsps-03.txt
draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-02.txt
draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-cr-ldp-01.txt
draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-01.txt
are 3 good starts.

I hope it was usefull,
  Vincent

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:32:09 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Vincent Jardin wrote:

> You should start getting informations about GMPLS (previously MP(lambda)S)

entirely separate things.

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>