Subject: Doubts regarding LSP encoding type...

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:30:36 -0700

Hi All,
        The draft "draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signalling-02.txt"
defines different values for LSP encoding type. How does the implementation 
of a control plane differ if it receives the LSP
encoding type packet/SDH/Digital Wrapper/Lamda/Fiber etc.

My understanding is that if the LSP encoding type is either packet/ethernet, 
then label is just a 32 bit integer (as we already
have in traditional MPLS). But if LSP encoding type is SDH, SONET then
the label has to be in the form of {S, U, K, L, M} format. If the LSP 
encoding type is Lamda then the label represents the lamda (specific 
frequency).
If LSP encoding type is fiber, then label is the fiberId itself.
Can u please describe a scenario in which the LSP encoding type
will be used as a "digital wrapper" ?

Please clarify.

Regards,

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com