Subject: Doubts in latest GMPLS drafts (GMPLS Functional Specs and GMPLS-CR-LDP)

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:14:25 -0700

Hi All,

The draft "draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signalling-02.txt"
describes different values for signal types. The values 1-7 are
derived from the STM hierarchy. But how the remaining values are
interpretted (i.e. STM-1 MS, STM-1 RS etc) ? How is STM-4 different
from STM-1 MS and STM-1 RS ?
Is STM-1 MS or STM-1 RS a different signal type in SDH ? How does
implementation of a control plane for GMPLS differ if it receives
the signal type as STM-1/STM-1 MS/STM-1 RS ?

The draft "draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-cr-ldp-01.txt" gives reference
to only two messages of LDP viz. Label Request, Label Mapping. What
about the other messages like label withdraw and label release.
I believe that the generalized label TLV need to be included in
these messages too instead of the label TLV.

Please help me in understanding these drafts.

Regards,
manoj.
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com