Subject: re: draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-06.txt

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:44:13 -0500

>I'm a little confused by the mplsTunnelCRLDPResTable description:
>
>"The mplsTunnelCRLDPResTable allows a manager to
>           specify which CR-LDP-specific resources are desired
>           for an MPLS tunnel if that tunnel is signaled using
>           CR-LDP. Note that these attributes are in addition
>           to those specified in mplsTunnelResourceTable. This
>           table also allows several tunnels to point to a
>           single entry in this table, implying that these
>           tunnels should share resources."
>
>If these are in addition to the mplsTunnelResourceTable I would expect
>this to be an AUGMENT to the resource table or I would expect an
>additional row pointer in the tunnel table so that the ResourceTable
>and the CRLDPResTable can be used by the Tunnel?

         We went with a separate table that is required ONLY
if CRLDP is used for signaling. The AUGMENTS does not
apply here due to the fact that the parent table could be
sparsely populated with regard to CR-LDP (i.e.: RSVP and
CR-LDP resources in the tunnel resource table). From RFC1902:

7.8.1.  Relation between INDEX and AUGMENTS clauses

    When defining instance identification information for a conceptual
    table:

(1)  If there is a one-to-one correspondence between the conceptual rows
      of this table and an existing table, then the AUGMENTS clause
      should be used.

(2)  Otherwise, if there is a sparse relationship between the conceptual
      rows of this table and an existing table, then an INDEX clause
      should be used which is identical to that in the existing table.
      For example, the relationship between RFC 1573's ifTable and a
      media-specific MIB which extends the ifTable for a specific media
      (e.g., the dot3Table in RFC 1650), is a sparse relationship.

         --Tom