Subject: LDP MIB

From: "Vijayanand Chandrasekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:03:30 +0530

I have asked this question twice before but have'nt been able to get a
reply.Can anyone please reply.

IF there is a one to one correspondence between Entity and Session how will
the entity be initialised. Should'nt each entity be configured initially
with Label range, Label space, Targetted peer address etc, so that this info
will be used for peer discovery and session establishment.The LdpId used in
the PDU is that of the entity which should have been configured.If this is
so then how can the number of sessions(hence entities) be known apriori,
since this is as a result of peer discovery.
 Also, in the Entity Table the Enity Index is given as optional for
implementations, what is the reason for this?

Does it mean that we start of with an Enity configuration intially and for
each new peer discovered and sesssion established the Entity Table is
updated.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Vijay