Subject: RSVP-TE message when preempting

From: "Shawn H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:00:03 +0000

Hi,

what document details the type of message that a transit LSR must send when 
pre-empting a tunnel? Is it PathErr or PathTear? And if PathErr, what error 
code?

Thanks,
   Shawn.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:02:25 -0400

Shawn H wrote:
> 
> what document details the type of message that a transit LSR must
> send when pre-empting a tunnel? Is it PathErr or PathTear? And if
> PathErr, what error code?

draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-08.txt

Section 4.7.3:

	...
	When pre-emption is supported, each pre-empted reservation
	triggers a TC_Preempt() upcall to local clients, passing a
	subcode that indicates the reason.  A ResvErr and/or PathErr
	with the code "Policy Control failiure" SHOULD be sent toward
	the downstream receivers and upstream senders.
	...

-- David