Subject: RE: LSR MIB question

From: "Vincent Hamrick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:02:13 -0400

Dredging this conversation back up ....

To clarify, there are three labels being tracked here, right?  LSR inbound
stats for the label (which will be removed, in theory) that arrived at the
LSR.  LSR outbound stats for the label that replaces the incoming label.
And finally, LSR outbound stats for the label pushed.

Have I correctly summarized?

Thanks,
-V

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Thomas D.
Nadeau
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 8:54 AM
To: Shahram Davari; [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: LSR MIB question

         Both. You should keep track of information for both of
the labels involved.

         --Tom

>If an LSR is the origin point of an MPLS tunnel, and it receives an MPLS
>packet, it first swaps the top label and pushes a new label on top of
>that. Which performance statistics are required to be collected by
>LSR-MIB: The swapped label or the pushed label or both?
>
>Yours,
>Shahram Davari
>
>

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:40:01 -0400

>Have I correctly summarized?

         I believe that is correct.

         --Tom