From: "Gangadharan Ramakrishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:00:31 +0000

Hi,
I'm following the rfc3036(LDP Specification) for encoding and decoding of 
LDP messages. I found a problem in the specification encoding the Host 
Address FEC Element. The specification says that the PDU filed for Host Addr 
is more than 32 bits in a diagram and it says it is an address encoded 
according to the address family.

I want to know the exact number of bytes/bits for this field. If it is an IP 
address field then there is a typo in the diagram, which represent more that 
32 bits for "Host Addr".

Host Address FEC Element encoding:

0                   1                   2                   3
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Host Addr (3) |     Address Family            | Host Addr Len |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                                                               |
|                     Host Addr                                 |
|                                                               |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Host Addr
An address encoded according to the Address Family field.

Thanks,
ganges...

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp