Subject: RSVP-TE and monitoring links

From: Steve Hares <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:14:49 +0200

Hi,

Trying hard to find anything in all the RSVP-TE specs that defines away to
monitor available bandwidth on a path between two LSR's. I'm looking for a
way to tell that a link anywhere in an LSP could not reserve a certain
amount of bandwidth. This would be used to tell a switch to stop sending
anymore VoIP calls to the edge device since any attempt to allocate
resources in the LSP would fail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

================================
Steve Hares
Senior Software Manager
Lucent Technologies - INS
400 Avenue Roumanille
06910 Sophia Antipolis
France

+33 4 92 38 63 08 (office)
+33 4 92 38 62 70 (fax)
+33 6 12 49 85 44 (mobile)