Subject: RE: classification

From: "Kyriakopoulos, Aris (Aris)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:01:57 -0400

Sergio,

The statement below says that the best (longest) match is determined by the
IP routing table to be with prefix X.  Absent any other information, that is
the FEC and resulting label the incoming IP packet maps to.  So your LSP
follows the same path determined by an IP routing protocol.  This isn't a
traffic engineering issue.  

There is no requirement that an FEC should consist of both a source and
destination IP address, although it is certainly allowed.  In this case, you
would use an explicitly-routed or constraint-routed LSP.  If you do this,
you are free to use a path that does not follow the standard
destination-based route.  *That* is an example of TE!

Regards,
Aris

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabris Sergio [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 2:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: classification

Traffic Engineering:

..........A standard IP packet arrives at Interface 1 of LSR 1. After
performing a longest-match
lookup in its IP routing table, LSR 1 discovers that the best match is with
Prefix X and that
all traffic matching Prefix X should to be forwarded on Interface 2 with a
Label = 10.............

How LSR1 discover that the best match is whit that Prefix X??
Does It made same classification based on source address??

Thanks.

Sergio