Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iwata-mpls-crankback-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 06:50:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Crankback Routing Extensions for MPLS Signaling
	Author(s)	: A. Iwata, N. Fujita, G. Ash, A. Farrel
	Filename	: draft-iwata-mpls-crankback-01.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 05-Jul-01
	
This draft proposes crankback routing extensions for CR-LDP signaling
and for RSVP-TE signaling. Recently, several routing protocol
extensions for advertising resource information in addition to
topology information have been proposed for use in distributed
constraint-based routing. In such a distributed routing environment,
however, the information used to compute a constraint-based path may
be out of date. This means that LSP setup requests may be blocked by
links or nodes without sufficient resources. This draft specifies
crankback routing extensions for CR-LDP and RSVP-TE so that the label
request can be retried on an alternate path that detours around the
blocked link or node upon a setup failure. Furthermore, the crankback
routing schemes can also be applied to LSP restoration by indicating
the location of the failure link or node. This would significantly
improve the successful recovery ratio for failed LSPs, especially in
situations where a large number of setup requests are triggered at
the same time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iwata-mpls-crankback-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iwata-mpls-crankback-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iwata-mpls-crankback-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.