Subject: MPLS Archi & Framework doc (where to start?)

From: "Fan Chunquan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:59:51 +0100

hello, I'm a new comer here, thank you for attention and help in advance.

As a new comer, I find I'm lost in the list of RFC and drafts names, and
need something to start with. Can anyone indicates the doc for MPLS
architecture or framework & background? Thank you.

Besides, may I suggest some senior members here make a reading list/guide
for new comers?

Thank you & best regards,

Fan

---

From: Rajiv Papneja <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 22:26:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Fan,

 The best document to start with would be MPLS Architecture (RFC
3031). Here is the link for it:
          http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3031.txt

  -Rajiv

---

From: "Venkat Dabbara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:17:15 +0530 (IST)

hai , 

       www.mplsrc.com would be an idle site to begin with ...
       www.ietf.org 
       rfc 3031 for MPLS architecture....
       and onwards ...
                      Good luck ...

thanks n regards
venkat

------------------------------------
Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work.
Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: nothing works and they
don't know why.
                -- Unknown Wiseman

---

From: Rajiv Papneja <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 00:54:11 -0400 (EDT)

www.ail.gmu.edu/resources.htm is also a good source for MPLS related
information.

 -Rajiv

---

From: "Fan Chunquan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:08:40 +0100

thank you all so much, I have checked all the links you suggested, the
resources is really rich. These will help us newcomers a lot.

Fan

---

From: "Michel Gosse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:08:26 +0200

Fan,

You can also find informations (Drafts Archives, White Papers, Technical
Focus, Interviews...) at
http://www.mplsworld.com

Michel Gosse
[email-masked]