Subject: Ordered aggregate

From: Fabris Sergio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:45:13 -0300

what is the meaning for ORDERER AGGREGATE ? 
I read that E-LSP allows multiple ordered aggregates.  Then I read that an
E-LSP support eight BAs (behavior aggregates).

Does OA have a relation with BA??

Thank.

Sergio

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:34:44 -0400

Sergio,

    Please see below.  BA='Behavior Aggregate', OA='Ordered Aggregate'.

> what is the meaning for ORDERER AGGREGATE ?

That's when you have a group of people arriving at a fast food restaurant
all at the same time. :-)

An 'ordered aggregate' is defined in "MPLS Support of Differentiated Services"
(at http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-09.txt), as
"The set of Behavior Aggregates which share an ordering constraint" where
a Behavior Aggregate is a set of "IP packets crossing a link and requiring the
same Diff-Serv behavior".

Sharing an ordering constraint seems to mean that the packets with in an OA
need to depart in the same order as they arrive.

An often used example of an OA is an AF Class - where different packets in
the same AF class get the same service, except that they may have different
drop precendents.  In this example, packets that are not dropped, should be in
the same order when they depart as the order in which they arrived.

> Does OA have a relation with BA??

See above.