Subject: Doubts about MPLS-TE Mib

From: Apratim Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:25:49 +0530

Hi ,

I have a few doubts about the MPLS-TE Mib.
Please note that the doubts are with regards to usage of RSVP-TE as the
signalling mechanism .

1. There are three similar objects in the mplsTunnelTable ....
mplsTunnelIndex , mplsTunnelInstance , mplsTunnelPrimaryInstance  .
 According to my understanding , mplsTunnelIndex is the same as the TunnelId
in the Session object .
 But how does mplsTunnelInstance and mplsTunnelPrimaryInstance fit into
RSVP-Te ?
 Are they outside the scope of RSVP-Te ?
 Or do they refer to LspIds of primary and secondary Lsps ? 

2. the object mplsTunnelIngressId is defined to be used as the
ExtendedTunnelId .
 But then where will the SenderTemplate object's Sender IP address come from
?

3. What is the difference between ARHopTable and CHop Table ?
   Do they refer to incoming and updated EROs ?

Thanks in advance
Apratim

---

From: abhay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:31:08 +0530

Arpatim Mukherjee,

You Asked....

*1. There are three similar objects in the mplsTunnelTable ....
*mplsTunnelIndex , mplsTunnelInstance , mplsTunnelPrimaryInstance  .
 *According to my understanding , mplsTunnelIndex is the same as the TunnelId
*in the Session object .
* But how does mplsTunnelInstance and mplsTunnelPrimaryInstance fit into
*RSVP-Te ?
* Are they outside the scope of RSVP-Te ?
* Or do they refer to LspIds of primary and secondary Lsps ?

                 If you are using RSVP-TE,you can have the following mapping:

                 1) mplsTunnelIndex -> Tunnel ID carried by RSVP

                 2) mplsTunnelInstance -> LSP ID carred by RSVP

                 mplsTunnelPrimaryInstance can be the LSP ID of the primary tunnel.

                 They are very much in scope with RSVP-TE

You asked....

>  But then where will the SenderTemplate object's Sender IP address come from

I beleive it can be the same as the TunnelIngressID

You asked...

>    Do they refer to incoming and updated EROs ?

ARHopTable records the actual route taken by the LSP,which may be different from the specified one

and CHopTable contains entries which are populated with CSPF Calculated paths.

However both these tables are optional,if you dont have the RRO support in signaling and CSPF Module

to have Constraint based SPF's.

Regards,

Abhay