Subject: RSVP-TE messages .

From: Manoj Agiwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:30:36 +0530

Hi ,
       What does RSVP-TE  PATH messages send from ingress to egress contains
in the destination address fields of the IP Header ? Is it the address of (
Egress ) Session IP address .

       What will happen in case of ERO object when object is going    
hop by hop . Will it still contain the destination IP address .
Regards ,
Manoj

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 10:04:48 -0400

Manoj Agiwal wrote:
> 
>        What does RSVP-TE  PATH messages send from ingress to egress
> contains in the destination address fields of the IP Header ? Is it
> the address of ( Egress ) Session IP address .

Yes.  It contains the session address (egress router's address).  Router
alert is set to prevent it from being forwarded by RSVP-aware routers.

> hop by hop . Will it still contain the destination IP address .

The destination address doesn't change.  The ERO overrides the routing
table when determining the next-hop.  It does not change the packet's
encapsulation.

-- David