Subject: Small comment on draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-02.txt

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:25:30 -0400

Peter,

Thanks for this draft which looks stable to me.

Would it be possible to add a reference to LDP FT procedures (draft-ietf-ldp-ft) in section 5?  I think the third paragraph should have the following text appended...

  Where LDP FT procedures [LDP-FT] are in use, LSPs that are protected
  by FT procedures should not be torn down until after session re-
  establishment has failed.  Further, feedback TLVs should not report
  zero bandwidth availability on the link until after session re-
  establishment has failed.

Thanks,
Adrian
--
Adrian Farrel
Movaz Networks Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: "Don Fedyk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:23:24 -0400

Hi Adrian 

This seems like a reasonable request. We can add text around this.

There is one point though, that the reporting zero bandwidth is 
logically independent to the node going down or the removal of LSPs.
Actually, we use zero feedback to mean temporarily avoid this 
link as a default case from situations like this. It is important to 
remember the adjacent node sees the real bandwidth but due to LDP 
being in an indeterminate state his option is to report the link 
as being full (zero bandwidth). The restaging of the LDP adjacencies 
should trigger corresponding link LSA to reaffirm the actual bandwidth 
in these cases. 

Regards,
Don

Adrian Farrel wrote:

Peter,

Would it be possible to add a reference to LDP FT procedures
(draft-ietf-ldp-ft) in section 5?  I think the third paragraph should have
the following text appended...

Thanks,
Adrian
--
Adrian Farrel
Movaz Networks Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: "Don Fedyk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:23:24 -0400

Hi Adrian 

Regards,
Don

Adrian Farrel wrote:

Peter,

Thanks,
Adrian
--
Adrian Farrel
Movaz Networks Inc.
[email-masked]