Subject: RSVPTE questions

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:44:34 -0400

Hi,

For the rsvp-lsp-tunnel-08, section 4.2.5,

An RSVP router that recognizes the LABEL_REQUEST object but
   does not recognize the C_Type sends a PathErr with the error code
   "Unknown object C_Type" toward the sender.

so I have path msg sent out with correct LRO class, and length, but it has
unknown ctype, such as '0F'H,
but receiver will not send out patherr from it.

So can anyone tell me why?

Thanks,

Julia

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:55:49 -0400

Hong Liao wrote:
> so I have path msg sent out with correct LRO class, and length, but
> it has unknown ctype, such as '0F'H,

Assuming that everything else in the packet is well-formed, then this is
probably a bug in the implementation.  You may want to contact your
vendor in order to let them know so that they can fix it.

Be sure, however, that the rest of the packet actually is correct.  If
you took the binary data from a valid Path message and just changed the
C-Type field and nothing else, then the RSVP checksum will be invalid. 
An invalid checksum will cause the router to drop the message without
generating any errors.

-- David