Subject: LDP refreshes.

From: "Hemant P. Kelkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:07:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
This is a preliminary doubt regarding LDP (RFC:3037). At one place
(Section 3, 2nd paragraph)it says that "distributed labels and state
information associated with LSPs need not to be refreshed periodically."
The doubt is,what exactly "distributed label information" means ? Is it
the available label range at an instance or something else ? Or it means,
the labels in use by one LSR ?

Regards,
Hemant

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:30:38 -0400

Hemant,

    Nothing magical, mystical or even complicated.  Distributed label
information is just label information (label mappings) that has been
distributed (as in Label Distribution Protocol).

    Note that RFC 3037 is just LDP Applicability - for information on
LDP itself, you need to look at RFC 3036.

--
Eric Gray