Subject: Unsignalled backup lsp

From: Jie Zou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:25:54 -0400

Hi,

I am reading the draft of "MPLS RSVP-TE Interoperability for Local
Protection/Fast Reroute." I have a question about the unsignalled
backup lsp: how to create it? Another question is how to compute the
bypass backup tunnel, CSPF?

Thanks in advance!

--Jie Zou
----------------
MPLS Consortium
IOL,UNH

---

From: abhay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:00:31 +0530

Jie Zou,

        Since you have already read the draft.

        Creating a backup LSP can be done in these following ways

        1)Create a disjoint backup lsp by calling CSPF

        2)Create a local backup again using CSPF,but at this time..giving an include

          and exclude option to CSPF.

        Hope this helps,

        Regards,

        Abhay

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:05:44 -0400

Hi,

The unsignalled backup LSP is that described in the
draft-swallow-rsvp-bypass-label-01.txt. 
Basically, a bypass tunnel which goes to the appropriate merge node is
created, based upon a CSPF computation.  Depending upon the possible
implementations, that bypass tunnel could have been statically configured
or created dynamically when the need for one arose.

Once a bypass tunnel exists, the unsignalled backup LSP can be created once
the label record sub-object in the RRO from the merge node has been
received at the PLR.  Only local configuration at the PLR is necessary to
create the unsignalled backup LSP; no RSVP signalling is necessary.

Hope this helps,
Alia Atlas