Subject: rsvp paquet loss

From: Fabris Sergio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:42:24 -0300

......RSVP-TE runs over UDP so its said to be less 
reliable than CR-LDP who runs over TCP........

Is there some enhancements that allow RSVP-TE 
to recover from packet loss in time frame comparable
with those of TCP?????

Regards.

Sergio Fabris

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:21:00 -0400

And I might add that unlike TCP, RFC 2961, allows other messages to
flow while the lost message is recovered.  Since RSVP is idempotent,
the other messages can be safely processed.  So at a time of heavy
load and message lost, I would expect RSVP / RFC 2961 to be able to
perform better than CR-LDP (but so far that's just a gadunken(sp?)
experiment.)

...George

==================================================================
George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824