Subject: RE: RSVP Hello

From: "Sanford, Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:17:55 -0400

>"Sanford, Bill" wrote:
>> 
>> David, wouldn't the lack of information from the absence if the
>> RSVP LSP establishment almost guarantee that the RSVP Hellos can't
>> be sent?
>
>Why?  All you need to send Hellos is a destination address and an
>interface.  If you have a point to point link, then you know your
>neighbor's address - either from configuration or from routing
>protocols.
>
>If the interface is a broadcast-type interface, then you would obviously
>need some other mechanism to learn the neighbor address(es).  If you
>know them, however, there is no reason why you couldn't send Hellos as
>well.
>
>-- David

Then if have to have "some other mechanism" learn them, then we are out of
the RSVP scope. 

I think we got the initial point accross. ;-]

Bill