Subject: RSVP Hello

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:09:51 -0700

Hi All,
         The RSVP-TE draft states that the RSVP Hellos should be transmitted 
when there is a RSVP state between the neighbors i.e. when there is 
Path/Resv state. In other words, if there is a RSVP session between two 
nodes then the RSVP hellos need to be exchanged. If the RSVP session is to 
be released (i.e. graceful termination), does this mean that RSVP hellos 
should not be exchanged between the RSVP neighbors as long as there is no 
RSVP session between them ?

Regards,
manoj.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:21:35 -0400

manoj juneja wrote:
> 
>          The RSVP-TE draft states that the RSVP Hellos should be
> transmitted when there is a RSVP state between the neighbors i.e.
> when there is Path/Resv state. In other words, if there is a RSVP
> session between two nodes then the RSVP hellos need to be exchanged.
> If the RSVP session is to be released (i.e. graceful termination),
> does this mean that RSVP hellos should not be exchanged between the
> RSVP neighbors as long as there is no RSVP session between them ?

I don't think anything in there prohibits the exchange of Hello messages
in the absence of established Path/Resv state.  But it's not very
useful, either - since any detected failures will not result in changing
any state.

-- David