Subject: reference in draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-08.txt

From: Jeremy De Clercq <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:47:59 +0200

In draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-08.txt, there are still references to
section 4.8 of that draft.

Section 4.8 has been removed since the -07 version, so these references
should be updated.

with my appologies if this has been pointed out before. (could find a
discussion on this in the archives, but the result was to change
something in the diff-ext draft).

thanks, 

Jeremy.

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:19:08 -0400

Jeremy De Clercq wrote:
> 
> In draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-08.txt, there are still
> references to section 4.8 of that draft.
> 
> Section 4.8 has been removed since the -07 version, so these
> references should be updated.
> 
> with my appologies if this has been pointed out before. (could
> find a discussion on this in the archives, but the result was to
> change something in the diff-ext draft).

This is known.  Last I heard, George is finishing up version -09 of the
draft, which will fix up this problem, and several related issues.  As
far as I know, this is the only substantial change since version -08,
which was intended to be a last-call revision.

According to past discussion on this subject, references to section 4.8
will be replaced with references to RFC 2997.  Best-effort LSPs are to
be signalled using the IntServ Null service type.  The CoS C-Type
objects (from section 4.8) no longer exist.  This update will be in the
next rev of the RSVP-TE draft.

-- David