Subject: Re: Question in LSR MIB...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:48:31 +0200

Govind,

The MAC@ itself is indeed not present in the mpls lsr mib. However, it is also not needed since the next hop ip@ is present (see 'mplsOutSegmentNextHopIpv4Addr' object in extract included below). This ip@ is mapped to a MAC@ using the ipNetToMediaTable in
RFC 2011.

Regards,

     Francis.

-------------------

       MplsOutSegmentEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
              mplsOutSegmentIndex                Integer32,
              mplsOutSegmentIfIndex              InterfaceIndex,
              mplsOutSegmentPushTopLabel         TruthValue,
              mplsOutSegmentTopLabel             MplsLabel,
              mplsOutSegmentNextHopIpAddrType    InetAddressType,
              mplsOutSegmentNextHopIpv4Addr      InetAddressIPv4,
              mplsOutSegmentNextHopIpv6Addr      InetAddressIPv6,
              mplsOutSegmentXCIndex              Integer32,
              mplsOutSegmentOwner                MplsObjectOwner,
              mplsOutSegmentTrafficParamPtr      RowPointer,
              mplsOutSegmentRowStatus            RowStatus,
              mplsOutSegmentStorageType          StorageType
         }

"Haridass, Govind" <[email-masked]> on 31/08/2001 02:40:12

 To:      "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>                       
                                                              
 cc:      (bcc: Francis ARTS/BE/ALCATEL)                      

 Subject: Question in LSR MIB...                              

Hi,

     I have an issue regarding the LSR MIB.

     In case of L2 MPLS, there is no way to represent the
     next-hop-mac.  How do we incorporate this ?

     Thanks.

===
With Warm Regards,
Govind,
Riverstone Networks.
http://www.riverstonenet.com/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:52:02 +0200

---------------------- Forwarded by Francis ARTS/BE/ALCATEL on 31/08/2001 12:50 ---------------------------

Francis ARTS
31/08/2001 05:48

To:   "Haridass, Govind" <[email-masked]>
cc:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: Question in LSR MIB...  (Document link: Francis ARTS)

Govind,

Regards,

     Francis.

-------------------

                                                              

                                                              

Hi,

     Thanks.

===
With Warm Regards,
Govind,
Riverstone Networks.