Subject: Question in creating entries in ifStackTable...

From: "Haridass, Govind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:40:31 -0700

Hi,

	"draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-07.txt" says that the MPLS interface
	should be above an "Underlying Layer..."  in the ifStackTable.

	In our case we can start mpls over an IP interface.  Can the
	"Underlying layer..." be the IP interface ?

	Thanks and I appreciate all your help regarding this.

===
With Warm Regards,
Govind,
Riverstone Networks.
http://www.riverstonenet.com/

---

From: "Cheenu Srinivasan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:38:11 -0400

> 	"Underlying layer..." be the IP interface ?

Underlying layer is the one that MPLS is running on. What do you mean
by "IP interface"?

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:52:28 -0700

>         "Underlying layer..." be the IP interface ?

         Yes.  The "underlying layer" refers to whatever
layer/interface MPLS runs over. Some implementations
conceptually run MPLS over the L2 interface, others
stack it over the IP interface.

         --tom