Subject: Question about Interface_ID object in draft-ietf-generalized-sign aling-05.txt

From: Edward Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:39:17 +0100

Hi,

I have a question about the new section on Interface Identification in
draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-05.txt (section 9.1).

Whilst the draft specifies that the choice of data interface is indicated by
the upstream node, it is not clear whether the IP Address and Interface ID
that the upstream node puts into the Interface_ID object should be local
numbers or remote numbers.

Is the intention that the upstream node can fill the object in using either
local or remote numbering, or is the intention that one or another is used
(and is the same scheme used for all types of the object)?

Thanks,

Ed

------------------
Edward Harrison  mailto:[email-masked]
Network Convergence Group
Data Connection Ltd.
http://www.dataconnection.com/
Tel: +44 20 8366 1177  Fax: +44 20 8363 1468

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 05:49:49 -0700

Ed,

> (and is the same scheme used for all types of the object)?

The intention is that the upstream node should use the local numbers.
It would be good to add some text to make this point clear...

Yakov.