Subject: Speccomom Tspec in Path and Flow spec in Resv

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:19:12 -0400

Hi,

The Tspec in path should be the same as the Flow spec in Resv or not?

Token bucket rate
Token bucket size
Peak data rate
Minimum policed unit
Maximum packet size

Thanks,

Julia

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:33:23 -0400

> The Tspec in path should be the same as the Flow spec in Resv or not?

The FLOWSPEC reserved will be truncated (on a parameter-by-parameter
basis) to the TSPEC during Resv processing.

Any FLOWSPEC values less than that are legal.  In the absence of other
data, the router should request the TSPEC values.

If the egress router wants to use more complicated heuristics, it may
choose some reduced value.  It would be ill-advised, however, to do this
without some explicit local policy.  I suspect that most administrators
will expect their LSPs to come up with the requested amount of resources
or not at all.

-- David