Subject: RE: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-pan-rsvp-te-restart-01.txt]

From: "David Allan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:42:55 -0400

I guess this is where we don't see eye to eye. There is plenty of experience
with similar technologies and that experience is portable such that some
problems can be anticipated. This tells me we can be more proactive than
merely sticking our fingers in the dyke.

rgds
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Ping Pan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 5:14 PM
To: Allan, David [CAR:NS00:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-pan-rsvp-te-restart-01.txt]

David Allan wrote:

> 
> Secular issues aside ;-), what you describe above is a pragmatic 
> response to improving the reliability of a particular application of 
> MPLS, and that's OK, but I trust you aren't suggesting that the above is 
> a complete solution....
> 

Dave,

You are right. We are not solving all the problems in the MPLS world. In 
fact I doubt anybody knows all the problems.  :-)

Base on our (both vendors and providers) experience, we will solve the 
problems as they come up. I hope this is a reasonable approach.

Best regards,

- Ping