Subject: Question

From: "Loureiro, Rodrigo - (Bra)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:13:56 -0300

Hi all,

A have a question regarding the VPNv4 address space and the BGP decision
algorithm. 

Suppose that i have two VPNv4 prefixes in a VRF, with the same ipv4 prefix
but different RDs. How does BGP decision algorithm face it ? 
I think that one and just one ipv4 prefix should be chosen in order to
populate the forwarding component, but how can BGP decide it if the prefixes
are different in the VPNv4 point of view ?

Also, imagine that i have an inter-as VPN/MPLS interconnection. Suppose that
i have an extranet transversing the two providers and that all VPN sites are
connected to both providers for redundancy. Each site advertises the same
prefix to both providers and the prefixes are imported in the inter-as
connection. How will BGP decide between the two prefixes inside one of the
providers ?

Thanks,
--

Rodrigo Loureiro