Subject: Mapping of Traffic Parameters

From: Apratim Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:43:02 +0530

Hi,

The Tspec object is used to indicate the requirements of a flow to the
Intserv layer which does the actual reservation in IntServ.

This consists of :
Token Bucket Rate [r]
Token Bucket Size [b]    
Peak Data Rate    [p] 
Minimum Policed Unit [m] 
Maximum Packet Size [M]
The first three parameters should be mapped to the following parameters in
the mplsTunnelResourceTable:
mplsTunnelResourceMeanRate :        Token Bucket Rate [r]
mplsTunnelResourceMeanBurstSize:  Token Bucket Size [b]    
mplsTunnelResourceMaxRate:           Peak Data Rate    [p] 
Is this assumption correct ?

And how are the values of m and M deduced at the ingress? ( There does not
seem to be any corresponding values in the Resource table and these
parameters might be important to police individual flows )

Thanks in advance,
Apratim

---

From: Apratim Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:24:40 +0530

Hi , 

I would like to repeat my question on mapping of traffic parameters . I will
try to make it more clear since the context might not have been very clear
in my last mail on this . 
My question is based on mapping the fields in the TSpec object defined in
the Intserv RFC 2210 / 2211 as well as in the RSVP RFC 2205 to the
parameters in the mplsTunnelResourceTable in draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-06.txt .
This is necessary since after this table is filled through SNMP or other
means , the values in this table have to be interpreted and put in the RSVP
Sender TSpec object at the ingress. 
How has this been resolved in existing solutions ??

> mplsTunnelResourceMaxRate:           Peak Data Rate    [p] 
	Is this assumption correct ??

> And how are the values of m and M deduced at the ingress??
>  ( There does not seem to be any corresponding values in the Resource
> table and these
Hope that my question is clearer now,
Thanks,
Apratim.