Subject: Repetition of fields in CRLDPRes and Resource Table

From: Apratim Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:45:36 +0530

Hi,

The CRLDPResourceTable appears to have the same elements as the Resource
Table which is augments :
mplsTunnelCRLDPResMeanBurstSize  --->
mplsTunnelResourceMeanBurstSize
mplsTunnelCRLDPResExcessBurstSize--->
				mplsTunnelResourceExcessBurstSize	
mplsTunnelCRLDPResFrequency         --->
				mplsTunnelResourceFrequency
mplsTunnelCRLDPResWeight               --->  
				mplsTunnelResourceWeight
The only field which appears to be an 'augmented'  field is
mplsTunnelCRLDPResFlags.
Since the CRLDPResTable appears to be an augment to Resource Table ( since
there is no index in Tunnel Table to this table, access is through
mplsTunnelResourceIndex) , why is it required to keep the same parameters in
this table ? 
Why isn't this table collapsed into the mplsTunnelResourceTable by adding
one more field mplsTunnelResourceFlags with same semantics as
mplsTunnelCRLDPResFlags?

Thanks ,
Apratim

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:45:44 -0400

Tom, et al. -

    Apratim's questions refer to your draft (draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-06.txt).  I
cannot find - in this draft - how these values would be determined.  Pardon me
if these questions have been aksed, and answered, previously.  Also, I had
earlier asked Tom a couple of questions about this draft and did not receive a
reply.

Re: to Apratim's questions -
==========================

    The text states that the CRLDP resource table is an extension of the MPLS
resource table.  Specific entries in the CRLDP resource table state that values
are in addition to resource values in the MPLS resource table.  What is intended

here?  Does this mean that there are resources consumed by CRLDP that are not
associated with MPLS, or does it mean that CRLDP signalled resources are kept
in the CRLDP resource table and all other MPLS related resources are kept in the

MPLS resource table?

    If there are resources associated with CRLDP signalled tunnels that are not
MPLS related, what are these resources?

    If the intent is to manage CRLDP associated resources separately from other
resources, why this distinction?  Isn't there also an equal need to distinguish
signaled resources from provisioned resources?  What if resources are consumed
by some - as yet undefined - signaling?

My earlier questions -
====================

    Is it possible I could prevail on you to add a space between "fastReroute"
and
"This" toward the end of page 20 and between "recordRoute" and "This" about
one third the way down on page 21?

    Also, what is the intended mechanism for finding out RSVP-related MIB
information that applies to a TE Tunnel?  I assumed it would be using the
session
number as an index, but cannot see how this works.

--
Eric Gray