Subject: RE: mplsLdpEntityTable

From: "Tiruveedhula, Kishore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:18:30 -0400

Hi Joan,
 
>>      The entry in the entity table is indexed by both mplsEntityLdpIds
and
>> mplsLdpEntityIndex.
>>        Can't we create two entries with same mplsEntityLdpIds with
different
>> mplsLdpEntityIndex in the Entity Table to support both DOD and DU
sessions
>> using per platform label space on a LSR with same LSR id ?
>>  mplsLdpEntityIndex  is used to uniquely identify row in the
>> mplsLdpEntityTable. I think we can have two or more entries with same
>> mplsEntityLdpIds with different mplsLdpEntityIndex. Is this correct ?

>This is not a viable solution to the problem -- 

Why this is not a viable solution to this problem ? Is there any specific
reason ?

Even for each targeted peer configuration, one entry need to be created for
each targeted peer in the entity table
with same mplsEntityLdpIds with different mplsLdpEntityIndex in which
session created by extended discovery method. 

> you will still have only
>one LSRID and that implies that one session will be capable of both
>DOD and DU which is not possible with LDP.
>
>   Thanks, Joan

Thanks,
Kishore

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:50:13 -0400

> Why this is not a viable solution to this problem ? Is there any specific

Hi Kishore,

Perhaps I am not fully understanding what you are trying to do.  The
first
email asked if you could have the per platform label range support both
DOD and DU -- I don't see how this is a viable solution, because LSR A
(entity)
needs to agree upfront with LSR B (peer) as to whether they will create
sessions
DOD or DU, so how could some session support one way, and some support
another way
and how would this be communicated between LSR A and LSR B?

> session created by extended discovery method.

The LdpId needs to be unique for an entity (i.e. LSR A).  The
EntityIndex was requested
by the working group for use with something like multi-link PPP.  It
does not mean that this
is a different entity (it means that the same entity needs a way to
differentiate something)
 -- if the LDP ID is the same, then it is the same entity.  An entity
negotiates with a peer
and this is when (according to LDP protocol) they agree on using DOD or
DU as well as the
label range, as well as other info.

  -Joan