Subject: targeted peer configuration in LDP...

From: "Nagabhushana Ramaswamy Nadig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:14:43 +0400 (RET)

Hello,
	Good 'AfterNoon/Evening/Morning' to all. Section "2.4.2. Extended
Discovery Mechanism" of RFC 3036 says

"To engage in LDP Extended Discovery an LSR periodically sends LDP
   Targeted Hellos to a specific address." -- so this means that it has to
be configured on the LSR.

similarly it says --
"	One LSR initiates Extended Discovery with another targeted LSR,
         and the targeted LSR decides whether to respond to or ignore
         the Targeted Hello." -- so the acceptable targets are also
configured on an LSR.

but the entity Table in the LSR Mib has only one element called
"targeted peer address".

so does this field correspond to both the above configurations of "address
to which I should send the targeted hello and the address from which I can
accept a targeted connection"?

If not then to which of them? and what about the other one?
Also how do I configure more than one targeted peer for an entity through
the LDP MIB?

regards
Bhushana

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:15:34 -0400

> accept a targeted connection"?

yes.

> Also how do I configure more than one targeted peer for an entity through

I'm not clear on what you are trying to do.  Each Entity represented by
a unique mplsLdpEntityLdpId
has a relationship with a peer.  This entity is a way to set up for
exchanging label range
info and such with a peer.  At that point the peer and entity negotiate
until they agree upon
a label range and other info.  One entity can't exchange the same info
with multiple peers.

Once a label range is agreed to between an entity and peer, that label
range should be deemed
"in use".  

It would not be possible to use the same label ranges for the same LdpId
over and over (even if
you are talking to other peers).  That is why it's negotiated and agreed
to prior to establishing
sessions.

  -Joan