Subject: Regarding MPLS Label

From: pradeep n <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello *,
	Wanted more details how the labels are assigned,
Label Distribution. How LSE/LSR forwarding table is
built.

Pradeep

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
http://personals.yahoo.com

---

From: "Ding Aijun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:02:38 +0800

Hi,

You have to have some basic knowledge. I suggest you start from some
informative books, such as Eric Gary's "MPLS : implementing the technology",
or Uyless Black's "MPLS and label switching networks".

regards,
aijun

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:05:36 -0400

> Label Distribution. How LSE/LSR forwarding table is

They are either manually configured on every router, or they are
signaled using a signaling protocol.  Standard signaling protocols for
MPLS are LDP, CR-LDP and RSVP-TE.  The IETF documents describing these
protocols are:

LDP: RFC 3036
CR-LDP: draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-05
RSVP-TE: draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-09

-- David