Subject: Re: Your question(s)

From: Selma Yilmaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:19:12 -0400 (EDT)

My question is about INFOCOMM 2001 paper by M. Kodialam, T. V. Lakshman: 
"Integrated Dynamic IP and Wavelength Routing in IP over WDM Networks"

After setting a logical link(cut-through arc) between an ingress-egress
pair, what will happen if another physical path is used between the same
ingress-egress pair and we need to set a cut-through arc for this path
too? If we assume, both physical paths were using the same wavelength,
will we just increase the capacity of the previously set logical link, or
for each physical path we need to differentiate logical links? What
happens for the same situation for physical paths with different
wavelengths ? 

- S. Yilmaz

---

From: Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:26:31 -0400

S. Yilmaz,

    Perhaps this is a better topic for another mailing list.  However,
if (G)MPLS is being used to signal setup for a second logical link,
intermediate devices would not be allowed to treat this as a new
setup for the existing link.  This would be the case regardless of
the signaling approach used (implicit in using CR-LDP, explicit in
using RSVP-TE).

    Does this answer your question(s)?

--
Eric Gray (mailto:[email-masked])
http://www.mindspring.com/~ewgray