Subject: Incoming port info for path setup.....

From: "Nagabhushana Ramaswamy Nadig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:08:59 +0400 (RET)

Hi *,
	Wanted some clarification regarding the LSP setup on FR networks
using LDP or CR_LDP. Context is with respect to a pure Transit LSR.
	For each path request I get, I can find out which of my
interfaces(logical ports) going towards the next hop can satisfy the traffic
requirements and create a "Virtual Circuit End Point" over that point. For
the path to be complete I have to create a similar endpoint on one of the
incoming ports and establish a cross connect b/w them. Now the problem is
I don't know on which of my incoming interfaces(connected to the upstream
peer) the actual traffic would come. This could be due to either I am
using a per platform label space or the entity may comprise of multiple
data plane interfaces. This data plane port information is not exchanged along with
any of the path setup messages of the protocol(something like LPORT TLV
in the Request or mapping message..;))
	This may more sound like an implementation problem and it may be.
What I doubt is, I may be missing something in the RFC.
	Also I think this aspect of determining the incoming interface is
not just confined FR networks, it is a general case wherever we have
multiple interfaces b/w a pair of LSRs.

regards
Bhushana