Subject: Re: RSVP rro QUESTIONS, can anyone help me for this?

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:50:16 -0400

Hong Liao wrote:
> 
> On section 4.4 Record route object:
> ..................
> 
> [ If a path message contains multiple RROs, only the first RRO is
> maningful.  Subsequent RROs should be ignored and should not be
> propagated.
> Similary, if in a Resv MESSAGE MULIPLE RROs are encountered
> following a FILTER_SPEC before another Filter is encountered, only
> the first RRO is meaningful.  Subsequent RROs should be ignored and
> SHOULD NOT be propagated

Does this really require any further explanation?

> So here the multiple RROs, the order should be as is: 1st RRO is 1st,
> and 2nd RRO is 2nd,RRO as a whole.

Of course.  The first one appearing in the message is first.  It would
take an incredible twist of understanding to assume that the draft means
"last" when it says "first".

> As I observed, the one vendor will forward the second RRO if there
> are 2 RROs object existing in the path msg or resv msg.

Then this vendor has a broken implementation.  Have you informed them of
their bug?  They should fix it.

-- David

---

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:20:49 -0400

Hi,

I have questions for the RRO in the revpte draft.

[ If a path message contains multiple RROs, only the first RRO is
maningful.  Subsequent RROs should be ignored and should not be propagated.
Similary, if in a Resv MESSAGE MULIPLE RROs are encountered following a
FILTER_SPEC before another Filter is encountered, only the first RRO is
meaningful.  Subsequent RROs should be ignored and SHOULD NOT be
propagated.................]

(Path)  -                [SENDER_TSPEC], [first RRO], [second RRO]
(Resv) -                [FILTER_SPEC], [LABEL], [first RRO], [second RRO]

My question is :

So here the multiple RROs, the order should be as is: 1st RRO is 1st,
and 2nd RRO is 2nd,RRO as a whole.  or a LIFO stack is used, so the first
RROs of Multiple RROs would
be on the bottom, and when 2 RROs is received, the Second RRO should be
considered as the 'first one' and got forwarded.

As I observed, the one vendor will forward the second RRO if there are 2
RROs object existing in the path msg or resv msg.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Julia