Subject: RSVP related question

From: "Hariom P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:54:01 -0700

In the RFC2209, under the explaination for RESV_REFRESH sequence, B_Merge 
local flag is defined and used..

I have failed to understand the intent of using this variable.. I would 
really appreciate if any one could help me understand the purpose and usage 
of this variable in that context..

with regards,
Rajeev

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:22:19 -0400

Hariom P wrote:
> 
> In the RFC2209, under the explaination for RESV_REFRESH sequence,
> B_Merge local flag is defined and used..

RFC 2209 is an informational draft, not a standard.  It defines one
possible implementation.  Your implementation does not have to match
it's design.

> I have failed to understand the intent of using this variable.. I
> would really appreciate if any one could help me understand the
> purpose and usage of this variable in that context..

Blockade states and Resv merging are only applicable in a multicast
situation, where one incoming Path message results in more than one
outgoing Path message.  This situation results in one Path state
matching multiple incoming Resv states, which must be merged before
forwarding the Resv to the phop router.

-- David