Subject: RE: targeted peer configuration in LDP...

From: "Tiruveedhula, Kishore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:06:12 -0400

Joan,

>> If not then to which of them? and what about the other one?
>> Also how do I configure more than one targeted peer for an entity through
>> the LDP MIB?

>I'm not clear on what you are trying to do.  Each Entity represented by
>a unique mplsLdpEntityLdpId
>has a relationship with a peer.  This entity is a way to set up for
>exchanging label range
>info and such with a peer.  At that point the peer and entity negotiate
>until they agree upon
>a label range and other info.  One entity can't exchange the same info
>with multiple peers.

>Once a label range is agreed to between an entity and peer, that label
>range should be deemed
>"in use".  

   Label Range is negotiated only for ATM and FR interfaces. 
All targeted peer configuration uses only platform label space.
In case of platform label space, all targeted entities have label space id
is zero.
So for each targeted entity is need to be differentiated by different LSR
ID, which is not good.
In this case, how can you differentiate different targeted entities using
platform label space ?

Thanks,
Kishore

>It would not be possible to use the same label ranges for the same LdpId
>over and over (even if
>you are talking to other peers).  That is why it's negotiated and agreed
>to prior to establishing
>sessions.

> -Joan

> regards
> Bhushana

---

From: "Nagabhushana Ramaswamy Nadig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:58:53 +0400 (RET)

Hi Kishore,

	I don't think you can have multiple targeted peers in case of per
platform label space, for the fact that you can have only one LDPId for
that peer and as the entity table description in the LDP mib you can
configure only one targeted peer entity.
	If you plan to have multiple LDPIds in case of platform wide label
scope by changing the LSR id you wull actually be simulating the behaviour
of two LSRs on a single host.....

some one can correct throw more light on this..

regards
Bhushana