Subject: draft-gan-fast-reroute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:41:20 +0200

Hello,

I have a question on the establishment of the detour LSP in 
<draft-gan-fast-reroute>.
 
       Node1 ====> Node2 ======> Node3 =====> Node4 ======> node 5
                      v                       ^ 
                      |                       | 
                      +-----------------------+ 

Consider the detour from node 2 to node 4. Which IP address does node 2 
use as the destination IP address of the PATH message to establish the 
detour LSP to node 4:
* An IP address of node 4
OR
* the same destination IP address as the PATH message for the main LSP (== 
an IP address of node 5)
OR
* still another IP address?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

        Francis.

---

From: Irfan Lateef <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:28:20 -0400

Francis,

Ideally the draft says detour should merge back with the main lsp
as soon as possible, and I see that you are attempting the right thing.
So the IP address should be that of node4.

Irfan Lateef

[email-masked] wrote:

> Consider the detour from node 2 to node 4. Which IP address does node
> 2 use as the destination IP address of the PATH message to establish
> the detour LSP to node 4:
> * the same destination IP address as the PATH message for the main LSP
> (== an IP address of node 5)
> OR

--
Irfan Lateef
Village Networks Inc,