Subject: rsvp header with flag set as '0001'

From: "Hong Liao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:25:03 -0400

Hi,

If the flag in the rsvp common header set to reserved bit as '00001'O, what
does that mean?   Also in what kind of situation this bit will be set to 1,
and it was reserved for what if it was set to 1.

But from the rsvp spec 2205, in the rsvp common header, it says that " no
flag bits are defined yet", for my understanding, it should be 0.

Thanks,

Julia

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:28:43 -0400

Hong Liao wrote:
> 
> If the flag in the rsvp common header set to reserved bit as
> '00001'O, what does that mean?

It means that your peer router supports Bundle and SRefresh messages. 
If your router also supports them (along with MESSAGE_ID objects), it
can use the RSVP refresh reduction extensions.

See RFC 2961.

> But from the rsvp spec 2205, in the rsvp common header, it says that
> " no flag bits are defined yet", for my understanding, it should be
> 0.

Refresh reduction didn't exist at the time RFC 2205 was finalized.

-- David