Subject: Length of MPLS payload

From: Per Eirik Heimdal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:37:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hello !
How will LER/LSR's seperate two packets when they are carried by the same LSP? Is there any form of length indication of the MPLS payload? 
If not, how can an LSR differentiate between end of one packet and the MPLS header of the next packet?

Regards
Per Eirik Heimdal

---

From: Javier Antich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:38:48 +0200

MPLS encapsulation is carried inside the physical or Layer 2 encapsulation
(ethernet, Frame Relay, PPP, ATM, ...). This lower layer encapsulation
indicates where a frame begins and ends.

                                          ^   ^
==============ooo====(.)v(.)====ooo=====
Javier Antich Romaguera
Network Consultant
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
TELINDUS 
Pza. Ciudad de Viena, 6-2º
28040 Madrid 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]
tel: +34 91 456 00 08
fax: +34 91 536 10 74
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information about our products and services,
please visit our website http://www.telindus.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full connectivity & mobility
==================ooo0===0ooo========

> -----Mensaje original-----
> De:	Per Eirik Heimdal [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Enviado el:	martes 16 de octubre de 2001 13:38
> Para:	[email-masked]
> Asunto:	Length of MPLS payload
> 
> Hello !
> How will LER/LSR's seperate two packets when they are carried by the same
> LSP? Is there any form of length indication of the MPLS payload? 
-------------------------------------------------------- 
Don't miss the 28th Telindus International Symposium on 
Thursday, 25 October 2001, Brussels Expo, Belgium.
Check out the programme and register now for free: 
http://www.telindussymposium.com 
--------------------------------------------------------