Subject: RE: Merging and Non-merging

From: "Gopinath G - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:37:05 +0530

Hi

   If it is the case ...then  according to this concept In an ATM-LSR 
each LC-ATM inteface may have different merg capabilites ie..
 LC-ATM1 - non-merg
 LC-ATM2 - VC-merg
 LC-ATM3 - non-merg............ etc
Is my assumption correct ?

Thanks In Advance
gopinathg

-----Original Message-----
From: Nagabhushana Ramaswamy Nadig
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 12:41 PM
To: Gopinath G - CTD Chennai.
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Merging and Non-merging

Hi,
	I feel it should be the property of an Entity, like my upstream
path can fall into an ATM entity, which may be non-merge capable and my
downstream path may fall into a merge capable entity like generic(like
GigaBit ethernet). But these things are not found in any tables in the LDP
MIB.
	One more similar thing is the control mode of the control mode of
the entity. This also I feel should be the property of an entity, but not
seen in the mib.

	I think someone would have surely faced this problem earlier and
could throw some light on this........

regards
Bhushana..

> Hi >
>     I have a question regarding merging ...
>
> Meging and Nonmerging concept is for the LSR or it is applicable for each
> entity ?
>
> If it is applicable for the LSR , then which object in MIB specifies
whether
> the LSR
>
> is merge capable or not ?
>
> Thanks In Advance
> gopinathg
>
>
>

***********************************************************************
Disclaimer: 
This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient only.  If
you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside in this
document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy, use or
otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be
unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of
HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation,
contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which
must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or
obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the
original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.
***********************************************************************