Subject: mplsLdpEntityTable

From: Srinivas T M <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:52:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
   Can anybody clarify my below question.

How Interface Index relates to entry in the
mplsLdpEntityTable in case of per-platform label space
, generic label type and in case of LDP Identifier is
same for all interfaces ?

 Can we use single entry in the entity table for
multiple interfaces? If it is like that, then what
happens if we change label Distribution Method or
LabelRetentionMode  or any field in the entity table,
on interface? draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-08.txt is not
telling how interface relates to entry in the entity
table.

  MplsLdpEntityEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
     mplsLdpEntityLdpId        MplsLdpIdentifier,
     mplsLdpEntityIndex        Unsigned32,
     mplsLdpEntityProtocolVersion  Integer32,
     mplsLdpEntityAdminStatus      INTEGER,
     mplsLdpEntityOperStatus       INTEGER,
     mplsLdpEntityTcpDscPort       Unsigned32,
     mplsLdpEntityUdpDscPort       Unsigned32,
     mplsLdpEntityMaxPduLength     Unsigned32,
     mplsLdpEntityKeepAliveHoldTimer  Integer32,
     mplsLdpEntityHelloHoldTimer      Integer32,
     mplsLdpEntityInitSesThreshold    Integer32,
     mplsLdpEntityLabelDistMethod     INTEGER,
     mplsLdpEntityLabelRetentionMode  INTEGER,
     mplsLdpEntityPVLMisTrapEnable    INTEGER,
     mplsLdpEntityPVL                 Integer32,
     mplsLdpEntityHopCountLimit       Integer32,
     mplsLdpEntityTargPeer            TruthValue,
     mplsLdpEntityTargPeerAddrType
adressFamilyNumbers,
     mplsLdpEntityTargPeerAddr      MplsLdpGenAddr,
     mplsLdpEntityOptionalParameters
MplsLdpLabelTypes,
     mplsLdpEntityDiscontinuityTime   TimeStamp,
     mplsLdpEntityStorType            StorageType,
     mplsLdpEntityRowStatus            RowStatus
     }

Thanks in Advance,
Srini.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 12:59:20 -0400

> same for all interfaces ?

The entity entry/row is the configuration for a potential
session.  The Interface Index is in the label range tables
and the mplsLdpEntityLdpId and mplsLdpEntityIndex are used
to tie the entity entry with a label range entry.

In the case of the per-platform label space, this is also
the situation.  I'm not sure if this answers the question
you are asking though.

> telling how interface relates to entry in the entity

The front section of the MIB and the description for
mplsLdpEntityAdminStatus does describe that it
expects the user to administratively disable the entity
(and thus take down the session -- meaning the session
is removed) and then change whatever
fields and then administratively enable the entity
to create new session.

  -Joan

---

From: "Venu G.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:37:14 +0530

Joan,

    In the case of per platform label space, should the value of
    the object mplsLdpEntityConfGenIfIndxOrZero (which is the
    interface index in the label range table) be set to zero?
    Please clarify.

- Thanks
Venu.G.S

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Joan
Cucchiara
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 10:29 PM
To: Srinivas T M
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: mplsLdpEntityTable

  -Joan

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:28:55 -0400

Hi Venu,

>     interface index in the label range table) be set to zero?

In general setting this object to a value of zero should be fine.

If at the time the entry is created the ifIndex is known or can 
be assigned, then that is what the value should be.  

On the other hand, if the implementation doesn't allocate ifIndex
values until later (for example, ifIndex is allocated when the 
session is established) then the ifIndex value is assigned later,
after the row has been created.  In this case, the 
initial value would be zero, but would then change to the value of 
the ifIndex by the agent.

  -Joan