Subject: Submission of draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt

From: "Roberto Mameli (ERI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:11:51 +0200

Hello all,

a new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt).

	Title		: Definition of the MPLS FlowSpec for RSVP-TE
	Author(s)	: P. Iovanna, R. Mameli, G. Piantanida, S. Salsano
	Filename	: draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 15-Oct-01

The abstract is reported below. Of course comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards
The authors

Abstract	
The support of QoS Differentiation in MPLS is based on the definition of 
two types of LSP, respectively E-LSP and L-LSP (see [11]). Both E-LSP 
and L-LSP can be established with bandwidth reservation. In this case 
bandwidth requirements for the LSP must be signaled at LSP establishment 
time, in order to perform admission control in the LSRs in the path. If 
RSVP-TE is used as setup protocol, it has to support the signaling of 
bandwidth requirements for the LSPs. In this document we extend the 
RSVP-TE capability by defining a new type of Sender_Tspec (and 
FlowSpec), explicitly designed to allow signaling of bandwidth 
requirements for E-LSP and L-LSP set up. This new type, called MPLS 
Sender_Tspec (MPLS FlowSpec), can include bandwidth requirements for 
different classes inside the LSP.