Subject: LDP loop detection

From: LDP Hello <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:45:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all;

In, 3.5.3 , initialization msg Loop detection bit D, indicated whether
loop detection is based on Path Vector is enabled or Not. 

2.8 of 3036 explains the loop detection for LDP . MUST has been
redifined for this section if CONFIGURED for loop detection... 

... In 2.8.1, use of HOP COUNT TLV in label request messages "WHEN LOOP
DETECTION IS ENABLED" says Label request message MUST include a HOP
Count.

Now my question is -
is THIS LOOP DETECTION enable/disable is the same as used in while
sending in Initilization message ?  If Loop detection is not enabled,
can HOP COUNT TLV still be included in label request ? 

2.8.1 talks the procedures only if loop detection is enabled ? pages 57
clearly says path vec lim is 0 is D bit is 0 ... 

3.4.4.1 only explains the procedure if msg is received @ an LSR with
HOP count included ... So can HOP cOunt tlv can be included in label
request/mapping without PATH VECTOR TLV ??? what option controls
whether to include HOP COUNT TLV or not ... without path vector tlv ???

Many thanks

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
http://personals.yahoo.com