Subject: Merging and Non-merging

From: "Gopinath G - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:50:08 +0530

Hi

    I have a question regarding merging ...  

Meging and Nonmerging concept is for the LSR or it is applicable for each
entity ?

If it is applicable for the LSR , then which object in MIB specifies whether
the LSR 

is merge capable or not ?

Thanks In Advance
gopinathg

***********************************************************************
Disclaimer: 
This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient only.  If
you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside in this
document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy, use or
otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be
unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of
HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation,
contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which
must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or
obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the
original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.
***********************************************************************

---

From: "Nagabhushana Ramaswamy Nadig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:10:30 +0400 (RET)

Hi,
	I feel it should be the property of an Entity, like my upstream
path can fall into an ATM entity, which may be non-merge capable and my
downstream path may fall into a merge capable entity like generic(like
GigaBit ethernet). But these things are not found in any tables in the LDP
MIB.
	One more similar thing is the control mode of the control mode of
the entity. This also I feel should be the property of an entity, but not
seen in the mib.

	I think someone would have surely faced this problem earlier and
could throw some light on this........

regards
Bhushana..

> Hi >

---

From: "Neelesh Dwivedi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:41:10 +0530

Hi!

Please see Inline Comments.

Regards,
Neelesh.
Mercury Corporation
New Delhi R&D Centre,
Gurgaon, India.

----- Original Message -----
From: Nagabhushana Ramaswamy Nadig <[email-masked]>
To: Gopinath G - CTD Chennai. <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Merging and Non-merging

> GigaBit ethernet). But these things are not found in any tables in the LDP

The Merge Capability Information related to a particular LDP Entity is
already defined in the LDP MIB <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-08.txt>.
The objects : mplsLdpEntityAtmParmsEntry  & mplsLdpEntityFrParmsEntry
include ATM / FR Merge Capability for each Entity as one of the configurable
objects.

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:27:02 -0400

At 10:50 AM 10/22/2001 +0530, Gopinath G - CTD, Chennai. wrote:
>the LSR is merge capable or not ?

         See mplsTunnelSessionAttributes object in the MPLS-TE-MIB,
and specifically the mergingPermitted (1) bit field.

         --Tom

>gopinathg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.