Subject: <draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel>

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:34:37 +0200

Hello,

I have 2 questions on <draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel>. Consider the 
following LSP:

        Node1 ====> Node2 ======> Node3 =====> Node4 ======> Egress

Consider 2 situations:

1) Assume that the operator modifies the IP@ of node **2** on the link 
[node 2 - node 3]. Is it then
* needed to break down the LSP
or
* is it allowed that the LSP is kept up but that node 2 sends a PATH 
message with the modified RSVH_HOP object?
[The latter would also imply that node 3 would start sending to node 2 
RESV refresh messages with the new IP@ of node 2 as the IP destination 
address.]

2) Assume that the operator modifies the IP@ of node **3** on the link 
[node 2 - node 3]. Is it then
* needed to break down the LSP
or
* is it allowed that the LSP is kept up but that node **3** sends a RESV 
message to node 2 with the modified RSVH_HOP object?

Best regards,

        Francis.