Subject: LDP Questions

From: "Girish Wadhwani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 17:57:49 +0800

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about LDP:

1, How do Hello messages and keepAlive messages work once a session is established with a peer? Is the peer required to send both? What happens if the LSR recieves one but not the other?

2, Are there any reference implmentations avialable for LDP?

Thanks,
Girish
-- 

_______________________________________________
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

1 cent a minute calls anywhere in the U.S.!

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=http://www.getpennytalk.com

---

From: Vasanthi Thirumalai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:07:57 -0500

Girish,
Yes, even after a session is established it is necessary to send both the
Hello messages and the Keep alive messages. The reason for this has been
already discussed at length(some two years ago, if my memory is right) on
this list. You can refer the archives for that discussion.

If the Hello message is not received on time the hello adjacency as well as
the session(assuming this is the last Hello adjacency between the pair in
question) are terminated.

If the Hellos are received but not the keep alive, then just the session is
terminated and on receiving the next Hello, the session is established again
as though this is a new neighbor discovery.

Regarding the reference LDP implementation, the next mail on this list seems
to provide the answer. I have not personally used this implementation but
this is the most recent one that I heard of.

-Vasanthi
-----Original Message-----
From: Girish Wadhwani [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 4:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: LDP Questions

Hello,

1, How do Hello messages and keepAlive messages work once a session is
established with a peer? Is the peer required to send both? What happens if
the LSR recieves one but not the other?

Thanks,
Girish
-- 

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=http://
www.getpennytalk.com