Subject: Explicit Loose Path Computation

From: Snigdho Bardalai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:32:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I wanted to find out if anybody has come across an
algorithm to compute an explicit loose path.

Thanks,
Snigdho

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:35:41 -0500

> algorithm to compute an explicit loose path.

IMO, it seems rather pointless.  If you have enough routing information
available to automatically compute an ERO, why wouldn't you want to
compute a strict ERO?

IMO, loose EROs are best used only by manual-creation, where a human
operator can specify certain key nodes, knowing that the topology of the
intervening nodes may change over time.  But any software that
auto-generates these EROs should also be capable of dynamically
recomputing those EROs as the topology changes, meaning that there is no
real need for loose nodes.

At least this is my opinion.

-- David