Subject: LDP over unnumbered interfaces

From: "Toni Jackob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 17:29:27 +0000

Hi All.

I'm new with the LDP protocol.
I hope someone can help me out.

My question is how LDP can work with unnumbered interfaces?

The routes that are created over such interfaces are interface routes, which 
has not IP address or network. LDP needs some IP address that it can compare 
with the IP addresses that its LDP PEERs advertised to it.

Thanks.

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

---

From: "Naidu, Venkata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:00:53 -0500

-> The routes that are created over such interfaces are 
-> interface routes, which 
-> has not IP address or network. LDP needs some IP address 
-> that it can compare 
-> with the IP addresses that its LDP PEERs advertised to it.

  Unnumbered Interfaces uses some valid IP address (either
  borrowed from numbered interfaces or Router Address) as the
  source address for the IP packets originating that interface.

--Venkata Naidu