Subject: pulledUnconditional / pulledConditional

From: "Sundeep Singatwaria"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:11:37 -0800

Could some explain this one -

From the MPLS Architecture rfc -

----
Let Rd be an LSR.  Suppose that:

      1. X is an address prefix in Rd's routing table

      2. Ru is a label distribution peer of Rd with respect to X

      3. Ru has explicitly requested that Rd bind a label to X and
         distribute the binding to Ru

      4. Rd is either an LSP Egress or an LSP Proxy Egress for X, or
         Rd's L3 next hop for X is Rn, where Rn is distinct from Ru, and
         Rn has bound a label to X and distributed that binding to Rd

   Then as soon as these conditions all hold, Rd should bind a label to
   X and distribute that binding to Ru.  Note that if X is not in Rd's
   routing table and a binding for X is not obtainable via Rd's next hop
   for X, 
**********
   or if Rd is not a label distribution peer of Ru with respect
   to X, 
**********
   then Rd must inform Ru that it cannot provide a binding at this
   time.
-----

How does a router Rd decide that it is not a label distribution peer 
of Ru with respect to X ? 

Tx.
Sundeep

---

From: Praveen Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:12:42 +0530 (IST)

A sample scenario could be like this....
Sine 3031 allows a signaling protocol to exchange negotiations (by an 
LSR) in order to know other MPLS capable LSRs which are using same
signaling protocol, we can say Ru is not a label distribution peer of Rd
with respect to X, if Rd don't have adjacency with Ru on the interface or
label space (to which X of Ru belongs to) even though X is in Rd's routing
table.

-- 
S.Praveen Kumar
M.Tech,KReSIT
IIT-Bombay
web: http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~praveen