Subject: One week last call on TC-MIB

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 14:59:28 -0500

The TC-MIB arose out of a request from the IESG to combine the common
part of several other MIBs.  As such it represents work that has
already passed WG last call.  However, since the form has changed, I'm
asking for a one week last to verify that it still captures our
consensus.

Thus, this message initiates a one week last call on:

Definitions of Textual Conventions and OBJECT-IDENTITIES for 
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Management

	<draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-03.txt>

The last call ends Jan 15 at 2400 GMT.

...George

======================================================================
George Swallow          Cisco Systems                   (978) 497-8143
                        250 Apollo Drive
                        Chelmsford, Ma 01824

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 07:49:27 +0100

All,

I have one thing that might be a nit.

In the Framework/Architecture an LSR is a Label Switching Router,
while in the set of MIBs (including the TC-MIB) it is a 
Label Switch Router.
Apart from that conceptual and terminological homogeneity is a good
thing in itself, it has always been my view that an LSR is a router
doing "label switching". Should be corrected in the MIBs.

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson
Chief Architect,
Utfors Research, Architecture and Future Lab (URAX)
Utfors AB
Råsundavägen 12
Box 525, 169 29 Solna
Office          +46 8 5270 2000
Office direct   +46 8 5270 5038
Mobile          +46 70 848 5038
Email           [email-masked]
WWW             www.utfors.se

---

From: Joan Cucchiara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:00:34 -0500

Loa,

I agree.  The Architecture doc does define LSR as
Label Switching Router and MIBs should be consistent.

There are 2 or 3 changes to the TC MIB and about 3 to the LDP MIB.

   Thanks, 
    -Joan

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:05:02 -0500

>while in the set of MIBs (including the TC-MIB) it is a

         I think that the collection of MIBs forms the management base
for a standard LSR (i.e.: what is defined in the framework). So I
don't understand your question. Are you  saying that the text
for the MIBs states that the MIBs *are* the LSR?

         --Tom

> > The last call ends Jan 15 at 2400 GMT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.