Subject: Regarding BW Parametrs for OSPF-TE

From: praveen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:40:33 +0530

Hello sir ,

 I need some clarity on B/W parameters that are updated on  TE links.

 Below is my understanding of Bandwidth parameters of OSPF

  1. Maximum B/W (which is the maximum link capacity).
  2. Maximum reservable B/W (it is user configured / default value is
the Maximum B/W)
  3. Unreserved B/W( Initial value before any reservation, it  is set
to  Maximum reservable B/W for all the priorities from 0 to 7 .It also
indicates the available b/w at any  instance of time in terms of
priorities)
    The above parameters are defined in
draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-06.txt.

  Further OSPF-TE is extended to  support GMPLS(
draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-gmpls-extensions-01.txt)

  4. Max LSP B/W at different priorities in Interface switching
capabilities. I am not clear on this parameter. Who updates this
parameter and from where the OSPF can get this value. How is this
different for the Unreserved B/W which is described above. Can you
please through some light on this.

 5.In LMP, we have Max Reservable BW and Minimum reservable B/W . How
are these values correlate the B/W parameters of OSPF
( draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-03.txt )

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen