Subject: Call for Papers (Submit paper by April 3rd)

From: "Junaid Ahmed Zubairi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:34:42 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS

SPECIAL SESSION ON TRAFFIC ENGINEERING FOR THE NEXT GENERATION NETWORKS

15th International Conference on
Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems (PDCS 2002)

September 19 - 21, 2002
The Galt House, Louisville, KY USA

Sponsored by the International Society for Computers
and Their Applications (ISCA)

(Submission Deadline: April 3rd, 2002)

Scope
A number of new protocols are being developed and deployed on the Internet
for achieving predictable performance and balanced utilization of the
network resources. Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is spearheading
the efforts to make the Internet and corporate networks ready for the
future. For bandwidth allocation and management, COPS (Common Open Policy
Service) clients and servers work to convey policy decisions and allocate
and recover bandwidth across a domain. For QoS, RSVP provides quantitative
guarantees by reserved paths and Diffserv provides qualitative assurances by
using appropriate behaviors for packets marked with DSCP (DS codepoints).
MPLS installs and manages LSP's (Label Switched Path) that satisfy Traffic
Engineering requirements. IETF's TE (Traffic Engineering) group is working
to resolve and standardize TE related aspects including TE-MIB, TE
applicability and extending various protocols to support TE.

A special session on traffic engineering for next generation networks is
being organized at the PDCS'2002 conference. This session will bring
researchers and developers across the world together to discuss latest
research and simulation results in:

MPLS/GMPLS
Bandwidth Management with COPS and MPLS
Traffic Engineering Architecture for the Internet
Voice over MPLS
Performance of RSVP-MPLS and Diffserv-MPLS Architecture
Fault Tolerance and Rerouting
Performance Evaluation for Aggregation of Traffic Trunks
Traffic Engineering in IP over WDM Networks
Traffic Management and Control
Traffic Modeling and Characterization
QoS Routing for Traffic Engineering

 Submission of Papers:

Papers reporting original and unpublished research results on above and
related topics are solicited. Authors are required to specify an area (out
of the above) for their papers. Send the full manuscript by April 3, 2002 to
the chair of the special session. Include on the cover page (PDF/PS
document): authors' names, affiliations, addresses, fax and phone numbers,
and email addresses. Indicate clearly the corresponding author.  Manuscripts
should not exceed 18 double-spaced pages including figures, tables, and
references. Include up to 5 keywords from the above list, and an abstract of
no more than 300 words.  The papers can be submitted in ps or pdf format to
the session organizer at mailto:[email-masked] by April 3, 2002 via
email.

Consistent with standard practice, each submitted paper will receive a
minimum of two reviews. Papers will be selected based on their correctness,
originality, timeliness, significance, relevance, and clarity of
presentation. Initial selection will be based on full papers. Reviewer
comments will be provided to the authors. Submission implies the willingness
of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if
accepted. All accepted papers in the conference are expected to be presented
and will be included in the conference proceedings. Outstanding papers will
be considered for publication in the International Journal of Computers and
Their Applications (IJCA) and other international journals.

Poster papers will also be accepted.  Please indicate whether your paper is
full or poster. These short papers will not be published in the proceedings
but will be presented as poster papers at the conference.  This is to
encourage work that is not yet advanced enough for a full paper, novel
approaches and ideas, critique of existing work, and application examples.

 Session Organizer:

Dr. Junaid Ahmed Zubairi
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
College at Fredonia, State University of New York
Fredonia, NY 14063, USA

Tel: +1-716-673-4694
Fax: +1-508-256-8324
Email: [email-masked]

WWW: http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~zubairi

                                                          Important Dates

        Draft Full Paper Due
April 3rd, 2002

       Notification of Acceptance
June 7th, 2002
       Camera Ready Copy Due
                                                         July 14th, 2002

If you have questions concerning session paper submission or session
content, please contact the session organizer at the addresses above.  If
you have questions concerning registration or hotel information, contact Ms.
Mary Ann Sullivan at ISCA Headquarters, (919) 467-5559 (phone); (919)
467-3430 (Fax); [email-masked] (E-mail).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

ISCA Headquarters - 975 Walnut Street, Suite 132, Cary, NC 27511-4216, USA.
Phone: (919) 467-5559, Fax: (919) 467-3430, E-mail: [email-masked],
URL: http://www.isca-hq.org

***********************************************************
Dr. Junaid Ahmed Zubairi
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
SUNY at Fredonia, Fredonia, NY 14063, USA.
Tel: (716)673-4694
Fax:(508)256-8324
WWW: http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~zubairi
Email: [email-masked]
***********************************************************