Subject: Question on draft-ietf-ppvpn-rfc2547bis-01.txt January 2002

From: Sachin Kalra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:24:40 -0500

Hi All:

I had few questions regarding BGP/MPLS VPNs.

1. Are the LSPs from one PE to another PE manually configured or are they 
dynamically created when VPNs are configured?

2. Is there an example available for VRF table used by Juniper and Cisco? 
(Format and Contents)

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Sachin Kalra

---

From: Ravindra GPC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:33:27 +0530

> dynamically created when VPNs are configured?

Ravindra> You can find some useful info from the draft,
draft-ietf-ppvpn-mpls-vpn-mib-03.txt. It says

   "This configuration is under the assumption that 1) MPLS has been pre-
   configured in the network, through enabling LDP or RSVP-TE. 2) OSPF
   or ISIS has been pre-configured. 3) BGP sessions have been
   established between PEs."

So LSPs will be established prioir to the definition of VPN and I consider
this as a pre requisite. ( Not part of VPN config )

> 2. Is there an example available for VRF table used by Juniper and Cisco?

Ravindra> There is a white paper from Juniper Networks. The name of that is
"RFC2547bis: BGP/VPN Fundamentals". This white paper exaplains the VPNs and
they give one case study. You can have a sample VRF with format there.

Hope these info will be of help to you.

regards
Ravindra