Subject: LSR - LDP correlation

From: "Roberto Guglielmi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:48:07 +0100

Hello everybody,
I'd appreciate your help to clear some doubts about LDP MIB / LSR MIB
relationship.

1) Do LDP Entities, set by means of LDP MIB, appear in LSR MIB? If so, how?
In what objects?

2) Does every LDP Entity always requires the Label Range (Generic, ATM, or
FR) to be set?

3) Are Label Range set by means of LDP MIB considered per-platform or
per-interface?

4) Do Label Range set by means of LDP MIB appear also in the
mplsInterfaceConfTable from LSR MIB?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Roberto

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:31:16 -0500

Hi,

>1) Do LDP Entities, set by means of LDP MIB, appear in LSR MIB? If so, how?

         LDP Entities represent label ranges. If labels from a label range
is realized in the TFIB, then they will be found in the LSR MIB. You
can find this relationship by way of the mapping tables in the LDP MIB.

>2) Does every LDP Entity always requires the Label Range (Generic, ATM, or

         One or the other.

>3) Are Label Range set by means of LDP MIB considered per-platform or

         Depends on the interface type, but usually only one.

>mplsInterfaceConfTable from LSR MIB?

         Yes, it should be reflected there as well. The LSR MIB really
just reflects what is configured.

         --Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.