Subject: Refresh-Recution-Capable bit(rfc2961)

From: Khuzema Pithewan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:34:03 +0530

Hi,

Definition of this bit says...

" When set, indicates that this node is willing and capable of receiving all
the messages and objects described in this  document. This includes the
Bundle message described in Section 3, the MESSAGE_ID objects and Ack
messages described in Section 4, and the MESSAGE_ID LIST objects and
Srefresh message described in Section 5."

and later in the expalnation in the following para..it says...

"Note, a node that supports reliable RSVP message delivery (Section 4) but
not Bundle and Srefresh messages, will not set the Refresh-Reduction-Capable
bit." 

I think these 2 statements are contradictory and can lead to interop
problems.. as implicit a LSR which is sending MessageID object with Ack
Desired bit set in an RSVP Message to a LSR, which has not implemented this
RFC hence doesn't understand MessageID object, will not acknowledge the
Message and the sender LSR will keep sending the RSVP Message using back-off
timer.

Regards,
Khuzema.

---

From: Reshad Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:09:23 -0500

> Message and the sender LSR will keep sending the RSVP Message using back-off

The LSR which receives and doesn't understand the MessageId object is supposed
to send back a Err message with the error code set to "Unknown class". See
section 4.8 on Compatibility.

Regards,
Reshad.