Subject: Premption of lsps

From: "Ashwin C. Prabhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:46:04 +0530

Hello All
 
  In RFC 2702 section 5.8 says
 
  "   A traffic trunk, say "A", can preempt another traffic trunk, say "B",
   only if *all* of the following five conditions hold: (i) "A" has a
   relatively higher priority than "B", (ii) "A" contends for a resource
   utilized by "B", (iii) the resource cannot concurrently accommodate
   "A" and "B" based on certain decision criteria,
   (iv) "A" is preemptor enabled, and (v) "B" is preemptable"
 
  I would like to know how does the (iv) and (v)  criteria is ensured ? 
  Is there any way the signalling protocol convey this ?? 

Thanks in advance
Ashwin
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
originator of the message. 

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
states them to be the views of Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.

---

From: "Ravi Sankar Mantha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:39:56 +0530

When you use CRLDP as signaling protocol, u can use Setup and Hold
Priorities in the Pre-emption TLV in Label Request Message to serve the
purpose !
  By increasing the setup priority, u can make the trunk, preemptor enabled
!, that means it will be able to preempt the connectiones whose hold
priority is lower ( numerically higher in case of CRLDP) than the present
connection.
  By incresing the hold priority, u can make it non-preemptible, in other
way, B is preemtible by any connection whose Setup Priority is higher than
B's Hold Priority.
  Essence is, By choosing values for Setup and Hold Priorities for a
connection, u will be able to achieve the preemtable, pre-empting effect !,
that is to mean, operator assigns a priority and nature of the connection
 preempting, non-preempting, preemptable, non-preemptable), then, we have to
choose the setup and hold priorities to this connection to achieve this
effect !
   Hope this is clear.
regards,
Ravi
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Ashwin C.
Prabhu
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 4:46 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Premption of lsps

Hello All

Thanks in advance
Ashwin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the
originator of the message.