Subject: QA Robot is not a tester.

From: "Chang, Chong Yie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:06:59 +0800

Agilent's QA Robot is not really designed for testing MPLS.
It is designed for testing some complicated function, like voice
over IP, which can not work on a FPGA based tester.

Agilent's router tester 900 is the tester not QA Robot. You can
buy a router tester 900 without QA Robot.

Basically, IXIA, smartbits, Agilent, and NETTEST havc related products.
I joined some related seminars. Agilent's solution is flexible,
conprehansive, and
good, but is terrible expensive. My team will use IXIA as our testing
solution because
it is easier to conigure and cheaper to upgrade to support  GigE.

IXIA only can support RSVP-TE and RFC 3031 and RFC 3032 at this moment.
They announced that they will support  LDP soon. They also acquire ANVL
to
implemnet MPLS conformance testing.

NETTEST uses Telcordia's solution to implement conformance testing.

I hope that this is useful.

                                                           Chang, Chong
Yie

Agilent also have an entire PDF on how to test mpls.

Not sure if that's publicly available off their site

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lasic,
Igor
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 11:12 AM
To: Michael W. Maszczak
Cc: Bharti Batra; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Test Equipments for MPLS

There is QARobot from Agilent as well with RSVP, LDP and MPLS test
  suites.

Igor

Bharti Batra wrote:

Hi !

Can anybody pls tell me about the test equipments that are being used
for testing MPLS over ATM/GigE/FR?

Regds,

Bharti