Subject: CR LDP fast reroute ?

From: "Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:54:21 +0530

Hello all,
Is there any draft or work going on regarding rerouting of CR LDP tunnels
like the fast rerouting done in RSVP tunnels

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Vijay

---

From: "Don Fedyk"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:51:09 -0500

Vijay

The building blocks for path setup and restore are available. 
So no new standards are required. We do use preset up tunnels 
or backup paths and combined with hardware to achieve comparable 
restoration times.   

With inter-domain routing on a large scale individual domain path 
restore looks a lot like fast reroute. I guess the main 
difference between RSVP-TE fast reoute and this scheme is we 
maintain bandwidth accounting in some form for all paths. 

Don

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai. [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 6:24 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: CR LDP fast reroute ?
> 
> 
> Hello all,