Subject: Is it possible to add more than one label once

From: "Chang, Chong Yie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:00:12 +0800

Dear All:

    Is it possible to add more than one label at the same ingress LSR
(or LER)
once? In the tunnling situation? or some any case?

    My first image is that if a sender rent a VPN service from the
service
provider, but the service provider try to hide some of its network from
the users. This service provider also use MPLS within its tunnel.

    The edge router must encode the first label for the VPN, and
it must push one more label for its tunnel.

    Is this case possible? My supervisor told me that it is hard to
design
a hardware to solve the problem to add more than one label because the
problem to optimize link list data structure.

    Best regards,

                                                        Chang, Chong Yie

                                                        ITRI

---

From: Jean Philippe Vasseur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:43:40 +0100

>once? In the tunnling situation? or some any case?

that's what a PE does when receiving an IP packet from a CE, adding two 
labels: the BGP labels + the LDP label (may also be an RSVP-TE label if 
having a TE LSP to be destination PE).

JP.