Subject: traffic eng. req. (2702)

From: "Sundeep Singatwaria"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:35:34 -0800

In 2702 ( req. for traffic eng over MPLS) - Section 5.6.3 talks about
Resource Class Affinity Attributes and Section 6.2 talks about the Resource
Class Attribute. It appears to me that they address the same problem of
inclusion/exclusion of some resources from path computation. 
Is there some different problems that the authors are addressing w.r.t. to
these sections. Pls. let me know.

Thanks.
Sundeep

---

From: "Ravi Sankar Mantha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:53:33 +0530

Hi sundeep,
      Only difference is, Resource Class Attribute ( refered in section
6.2); is an attribute of the Resource such as link. Whereas the Resource
Class Affinity Attribute is the attribute of the traffic trunk ( refered in
section 5.6.3). You are right that both are to address the same problem.
     To exemplify, suppose you have 4 links in your topology, and the
corresponding Resource Classes  are : L1 - RED, L2 - GREEN, L3 - RED, L4 -
BLUE.
     Suppose you have a trunk T1 whose Resource Class Affinity is INCLUDE-
RED;
 Now, for path computation for T1, only L1, L3 links can be used.

regards,
Ravi
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Sundeep
Singatwaria
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 12:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: traffic eng. req. (2702)