Subject: mpls

From: "Yasir Shah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 01:23:31 +0000

I am working on MPLS. there are a couple of ambiguities in my mind in this 
regard.

1) I need inner details about the function of FEC.

2) Label and its header ( also shim Header).

3) The resource from where i can get a "Big picture" understanding on  the 
operation of MPLS.

Prompt reply will be appreciated.

Best regards

Yasir Shah

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

---

From: Hassan Madihi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:33:15 +0100

Yasir,

I guess the best way to up to speed on MPLS techno is the IETF web site itself
!
Please have a look on http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mpls-charter.html
(this IETF MPLS WG).

rfc 3031 can address your concerns.

/Hassan

---

From: Sachin Kalra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:00:35 -0500

Yasir:

You need to read

1. RFC 3031: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3031.txt
2. RFC 3036: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3036.txt

Sachin Kalra