Subject: QARobot can be used to test MPLS [was: QA Robot is not a tester]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:29:22 -0700

Hello all,

Normally, on such public mailing lists, I would never discuss company
product details. *But I am forced to jump in to stop mis-representation.* I
apologise if this may offend some readers.

Agilent's MPLS products - protocol conformance and stress products - work on
QARobot, RouterTester and RouterTester 900. All the products are capable of
testing all MPLS signaling and routing protocols, and certain applications.
Information on the products being successfully tried at Interoperability
events is publicly available.

QARobot is especially suited for MPLS signaling and routing protocol stress
testing. As for cost, please compare functionality and requirements before
making a judgement call - be careful that it doesn't end up being the same
as comparing apples and oranges.

Beyond that, all information is available on Agilent's web-site and with
your local Agilent representative. 

Regards,
Ananda Sen Gupta
Product Manager, MPLS Products
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Ph: 978-589-6021

-----Original Message----- 
From: Chang, Chong Yie [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, 14 March 2002 12:07 PM 
To: MPLS Discussion 
Subject: QA Robot is not a tester. 

Agilent's QA Robot is not really designed for testing MPLS. 
It is designed for testing some complicated function, like voice 
over IP, which can not work on a FPGA based tester. 

Agilent's router tester 900 is the tester not QA Robot. You can 
buy a router tester 900 without QA Robot. 

Basically, IXIA, smartbits, Agilent, and NETTEST havc related products. 
I joined some related seminars. Agilent's solution is flexible, 
conprehansive, and 
good, but is terrible expensive. My team will use IXIA as our testing 
solution because 
it is easier to conigure and cheaper to upgrade to support  GigE. 

IXIA only can support RSVP-TE and RFC 3031 and RFC 3032 at this moment. 
They announced that they will support  LDP soon. They also acquire ANVL 
to 
implemnet MPLS conformance testing. 

NETTEST uses Telcordia's solution to implement conformance testing. 

I hope that this is useful. 

                                                           Chang, Chong 
Yie 

Agilent also have an entire PDF on how to test mpls. 
Not sure if that's publicly available off their site 

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lasic, 
Igor 
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 11:12 AM 
To: Michael W. Maszczak 
Cc: Bharti Batra; [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: Test Equipments for MPLS 

There is QARobot from Agilent as well with RSVP, LDP and MPLS test 
  suites. 

Igor 

Bharti Batra wrote: 

Hi ! 

Can anybody pls tell me about the test equipments that are being used 
for testing MPLS over ATM/GigE/FR? 

Regds, 

Bharti