Subject: Questions on unnumbered links in RSVP-TE

From: Anna Szymanska <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 13:06:28 +200

Hi all,
I have two questions concerning unnumbered link support in RSPV-TE.

1. The draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-unnum-04.txt mandates adding Unnumbered Interface
   ID subobject to RRO object when Unnumbered Interface ID subobject from ERO
   was used to determine the next hop. What if an LSR sends Path message over
   an unnumbered link but the next hop was choosen using other type of ERO
   subobject (e.g. IPv4 prefix) ? Shall the LSR add to RRO the Unnumbered
   Interface ID subobject ?

2. The draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-06.txt says:

   "A node that receives an IF_ID object SHOULD check whether the
   information carried in this object is consistent with the information
   carried in a received ERO..."

   What the consitency mean exactly ? For example: the IF_ID contains
   IF_INDEX TLV and the first ERO subobject contains the receiving node IPv4
   address (in form of IPv4 prefix subobject) - does the objects are
   consistent ?

   Thanks in advance

   Ania

-- 

Tego nie znajdziesz w żadnym sklepie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]