Subject: LDP Generic label spaces

From: "Roberto Guglielmi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:57:34 +0200

Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding LDP Generic label spaces.

RFC 3036, paragraph 3.5.3, pag. 59/62, states:
        "A receiving LSR MUST calculate the intersection between the
         received range and its own supported label range.  The
         intersection is the range in which the LSR may allocate and
         accept labels.  LSRs MUST NOT establish a session with
         neighbors for which the intersection of ranges is NULL.  In
         this case, the LSR must send a Session Rejected/Parameters
         Label Range Notification message in response to the
         Initialization message and not establish the session."

This is valid for ATM and FR interfaces.

Suppose I use only Generic Interfaces. Peer LSRs don't exchange label
ranges.
Is it a manager's matter to choose the label ranges on the upside LSR and
the downside LSR which intersect?
Do these ranges have to be coincident?
Or are labels chosen by some other means in order to accepted by the LSRs?

Thanks in advance for you help.
Regards,
Roberto Guglielmi