Subject: Admin Status Object / NHOP in GMPLS

From: Manoj Agiwal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:04:36 +0530

Hi ,	
      As per RSVP-TE ( mpls )  there  can be multiple fixed filter flow
descriptor in a single Resv message .
      As per new Generalized MPLS RSVP-TE Resv message we have just one
Admin Status. There is no 
      means of knowing this Admin Status corresponds to which Fixed Filter
Flow Descriptor carried in the 
      Resv message .
     
      Do we assume in GMPLS that RSVP Resv message carries only one Fixed
Filter Flow Desc ?

      The same holds true for NHOP in Resv message . There can be different
data links for each fixed filter flow descriptor .

      Generalized RSVP-TE Draft Section 8.1.2 says 

     "A node receiving one or more TLVs in a Path message saves their values
and returns them
   in the HOP objects of subsequent Resv messages sent to the node that
originated the TLVs."

   In this case there are multiple Path states in the same session , all are
of Type FF . Therefore which Path message 
      IF_ID_RSVP_HOP object will be carried in the Resv message . 

     Again do we assume in GMPLS that RSVP Resv message carries only one
Fixed Filter Flow Desc ? 

     Do we have any possibilities in GMPLS of multiple Path states in the
same session , all of type FF . If yes do we send 
     different Resv messages for each FF flow descriptor .

Regards ,
Manoj