Subject: Hierarchical TUNNEL setup using RSVP

From: "Hariom P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:58:48 -0700

I have a question, would really appreciate if anyone can throw some light on 
this..

I would like to setup a hirarchical LSP ( which is actually tunneled through 
a regular RSVP-TE LSP ).

I plan to setup the inner LSP with a new session between ingress & egress 
using the "IF_ID RSVP_HOP" rsvp object with path msg addressed directly to 
the egress and with router-alert option NOT set.

RSVP_HOP -- ifId = ctrl channel ifIdx

         -- TLVs : = data channel ( tunnel LSP interface ) ifIdx;

With the TLVs defined in G-MPLS-SIG i can only send the ifId, ipaddr of the 
data channel. This info is NOT good enough to validate the data-channel 
association on the egress hop.

I felt the need to extend the TLV definition to include session attr of the 
data channel ( rsvp LSP in this case, something like T = LSP-if, Len = 'x', 
Val = relevant attr of tunnel-LSP session ) so that the egress hop can 
actually validate whether any LSP with session attr specified in the IF_ID 
TLVs is terminating or not and accordingly it can accept or reject the 
request..

Let me know if i am missing anything..

with regards,
hmp

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

---

From: "Hariom P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:31:07 -0700

All,

Could anybody( atleast any of the authors of G-MPLS-SIG draft ) please 
comment on this to say it makes sense or otherwise. If this has already been 
discussed please throw me a pointer to the thread. ( i did try to trace back 
archives but could'nt find anything relevant ). Thanks..

with regards,
hmp

-----Original Message-----
From: Hariom P [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 8:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Hierarchical TUNNEL setup using RSVP

with regards,
hmp

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com