Subject: question about RESVTEAR processing

From: "Hitesh Kulkarni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:04:08 -0700

All,

I have few doubts about resvtear processing..

From what i understand, on receiving a rtear msg, a node would delete the 
RSB and fwd the rtear msg if needed. I have the following doubts..Any help 
will be appreciated..

1. In any given node, what is the impact of rtear processing on the 
corresponding PSB (if any..)

2. Does the ingress have to do anything special like tearing down the path 
or should it keep refreshing the path state inspite of receiving the rtear 
msg..

with regards,
hitesh

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

---

From: "Feng, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:10:57 -0700

I think the answers are really implementation dependant.

For the first question, I would say if the PSB is refering to the RSB, at
minimum, the reference should be removed.

As to the ingress node's behavior, it should do something:-). Leaving the
Path refreshes indefinitely without receiving the Resv seems to be wasting
resources, unless there are some reasons to do so.

Hope this helps.

- Mark

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hitesh Kulkarni [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 12:04 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: question about RESVTEAR processing
> 
> 
> All,
>