Subject: Modeling in MPLS

From: Marcos Antonio De Almeida Cora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:13:56 -0300 (EST)

Hi, 

My name is Marcos, I'm Msc Student of State University of Campinas / Brazil. 
I intend to work in my thesis with Modeling and Formal Specification using 
languages as UML (Unified Modeling Language) and SDL (Specification and 
Description Language) on MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) 

The question is, I would like to know if somebody have a suggestion or opinion 
about it ??? I don't know where accurately I could to apply this analysis into 
MPLS ???  Where this analysis would be useful into MPLS ???

If somebody will have a suggestion, I'll be grateful.

Best Regards, 

        Marcos

______________________________________________________________________

  Marcos Antônio de Almeida Corá      e-mail: [email-masked]    
  Department of Telematics
  School of Electrical Engineering and Computation
  State University of Campinas/Brazil - UNICAMP 	    
  Others e-mails: [email-masked] , [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:02:02 -0400

>MPLS ???  Where this analysis would be useful into MPLS ???

         Modeling work for MPLS has been ongoing in the DMTF for
about a year now. Check over there for more information.

         --Tom

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.

---

From: Mudhafar Hassan-Ali <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:45:36 -0700

Not sure if you are pursuing the modeling of the signaling part or the traffic
engineering part (Queuing Modeling). In any case, there are at least two things
possible:
1. Though rather classical; it may be interesting to model the performance of
bandwidth and queues in LSP merging (label stacking).
2. The performance of LSP switch over during protection switching; in order to
determine whether it can meet tight switching time (50 msec).

Mudhafar