Subject: a doubt on the hop-limit constraint in draft-ietf-mpls-fastrerout e-mib-00.txt

From: Ling Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:20:38 -0400

The hop-limit constraint is defined as follows in
draft-ietf-mpls-fastreroute-mib-00.txt:

mplsFrrConstHopLimit OBJECT-TYPE 
                     SYNTAX        INTEGER (1..255) 
                     MAX-ACCESS    read-create 
                     STATUS        current 
                     DESCRIPTION 
                       "The maximum number of hops that the detour LSP may
traverse." 
                     DEFVAL { 32 } 
                  ::= { mplsFrrConstEntry 10 } 

However, this definition is different from what it is in
draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-00.txt:
	Hop-limit

      The maximum number of extra hops the backup path is allowed
      to take, from current node (a PLR) to a MP, with PLR and MP
      excluded in counting.  For example, hop-limit of 0 means only
      direct links between PLR and MP can be considered.

Can any of the authors clarify this inconsistency? I have raised a closely
related question 
at http://cell.onecall.net/mhonarc/mpls/2002-Jun/msg00143.html.

Thanks, 

Ling Li 

Axiowave Networks, Inc. 
200 Nickerson Road 
Marlborough, MA 01752 
Email: [email-masked] 
========================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 10:45:09 +0200

Ling,

The object mplsFrrConstHopLimit is meant to be the same as the hop-limit
defined for the FAST-REROUTE object. Description in the MIB will be
updated in the next version.

thanks for the comment,

Stefaan