Subject: LER and LSR issue

From: "Mayank Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:16:25 +0530

Hi
We are implementing a edge router which is going to sit at the edge of
Service Providers network.
Can anybody advice that, is it worth the effort to implement a LSR's
functionality also or only the LER functionality will be enough???
I mean processing of ILM's also instead of  just FTN's ??? Also does anybody
know of mpls implementations in routers from some vendors (eg
cisco,juniper,nortel,etc) where only the LER functionality has been
implemented.  Also how much extra effort and in terms of what ??? (memory ,
processsing power, or functionality) is to be made for implementing both.
	Please reply with some level of detail.
thanks in advance.

regds

Mayank

---

From: "Mayank Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:19:16 +0530

Hi
i have had no replies to my previous mail which is included below. If any
body have some information , then please do reply on this.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Mayank
Kumar
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 9:16 PM
To: Mpls (E-mail)
Subject: LER and LSR issue

Hi

regds

Mayank

---

From: "Mayank Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:44:51 +0530

Hi Sudhir,

thanks again for the reply .. Now that u have some experience with this MPLS
implementation, i wanted to know that does making a decision of implementing
LER only mpls router , will in any way affect the implementation of bgp vpns
using mpls .
I am asking this qeustion , becoz if i plan to later implement BGp vpns's
then, will it hamper it in any way. I dont know much about BGP-vpns .
    Also will it affect the leveraging of diffserv on mpls.
Also out there does anybody know of some good and detailed architecture and
design guides on MPLS, TE,Diffserv on MPLS,BGP-vpns,etc...

thanks
regds
MAyank