Subject: reformulated question on signaling protocols

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:35:50 +0200

All,

after Avris mail and some other questions if there has been other
examples of moving rfc from standards tracks to informational we have
looked into the process. We've found that moving cr-ldp to informational
is not covered by any process that is described for the IETF, also that
we might cause serious problems or at least extra work for other
organizations that have normative references to cr-ldp.

Our suggestion is that cr-ldp will remain proposed standard, and that
we reformulate the question from the mpls wg meeting as follows:

"Should the mpls wg focus its efforts on a a signaling protocol
  for te applications on rsvp-te, and hence the wg effort with
  cr-ldp be discontinued? This would not involve any change in
  document status for cr-ldp, nor would it hinder continued
  individual contributions in the cr-ldp space. It would involve
  a change in the mpls wg charter to reflect this."

Eric Gray has suggested such changes to the charter, please comment
on the suggested changes.

We would also like to say that we regard this as very important and
will allocate time before we will try to call consensus, this is even
more important since lots of people has been traveling back home from
Japan and will have a mail back log to go through. Parts of Europe is
on vacation and also needs time to come back to work and state with
their opinions.

We've placed a overview of how I see that people have stated their
opinions so far at:

http://62.119.0.68/~loa/tally.htm

please let us know if  we misunderstood. It is our assumption that
people that supported moving to "informational" will support the current
proposal also (that might not necessary be true - but we trust you'll
will let us know.
Also, if yo want me to correct/change/add your opinion let us know.

/Loa and George

-- 
     Loa Andersson
     Chief Architect,
     Utfors Research, Architecture and Future Lab (URAX)
     Utfors AB
     Råsundavägen 12
     Box 525, 169 29 Solna
     Office          +46 8 5270 2000
     Office direct   +46 8 5270 5038
     Mobile          +46 70 848 5038
     Email           [email-masked]
     WWW             www.utfors.se