Subject: message #3 from ITU-T SG 13

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:04:18 -0400 (EDT)

ITU - Telecommunication Standardization Sector				TD
13 (WP2/13)
STUDY GROUP 13

Chitose, Japan, 8 July 2002

QUESTION:	Q.5/13

SOURCE:	ITU-T Working Party 2/13 (Chitose, Japan, 8 July 2002)

TITLE:	SG 13 work on interworking with MPLS
_______________

LIAISON STATEMENT

TO:	IETF (PWE3 WG)

APPROVAL:	Agreed to at WP 2/13 meeting

FOR:		Information

DEADLINE:	N/A

ATTACHMENT:	None

CONTACT:	Ghassem Koleyni		Tel: 	 +1 613 763 4154
		P.O. Box 3511 Station C	Fax:	 +1 613 765 6295
		Ottawa, ON		Email: [email-masked]
		Canada K1Y 4H7

SG 13 likes to inform you that it is undertaking detailed studies on MPLS
inter-networking. Studies include aspects affecting architectures,
requirements and user plane protocol. Examples of such studies are ATM and
FR interworking with MPLS.

SG 13 experts are interested in working with your organization to define
the network aspects and requirements for interworking of signalling and
management protocols involving MPLS networks. This cooperation would be
very important to develop integrated solutions for various interworking
scenarios based on MPLS network.

We have ongoing work on ATM-MPLS interworking (draft Recommendations
Y.atmplsC and Y.atmplsF), which has become mature and we intend to send the
draft Recommendations for consent at the next meeting. We intend to work on
interworking between MPLS and Ethernet, FR, PSTN and other networks in our
future work.

We therefore request that you keep us informed of your work on these areas.
We will keep you informed of progress on work in SG 13.