Subject: message #1 from ITU-T SG 13

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:56:41 -0400 (EDT)

we have received some liaison statement from ITU-T SG 13
I will send them in seperate messages

they will be discussed during the MPLS session in Yokohama

Scott

message #1
---------------------------------------
ITU - Telecommunication Standardization Sector
8 July 2002

QUESTIONS:	3/13
SOURCE:	ITU-T Working Party 3/13 meeting (Chitose, Japan, 8 July 2002)
TITLE:	Request for the assignment of a reserved label value of 14 for MPLS
OAM packet identification
_____________
LIAISON STATEMENT
TO:		IETF Sub-IP Area (Scott Bradner, Area Co-Director)
APPROVAL:	Agreed to at WP 3/13 meeting
FOR:		Action
DEADLINE:	31 August 2002
CONTACT:	Hiroshi Ohta	Tel:	+81 422 59 3617
		NTT	Fax:	+81 422 59 3787
		3-9-11 Midori-cho Musashino-shi	
		Email: [email-masked]
		Tokyo 180-8585 Japan

ITU-T SG 13 repeats its request that a reserved label value of 14 be
assigned for MPLS OAM packet identification as indicated in <
draft-ohta-mpls-label-value-01.txt>.  This was the only method for OAM
packet identification that did not raise any objections when discussed on
the MPLS list over a year ago.  Using the reserved label value guarantees
backward compatibility with all the MPLS standards and implementations.
Concerning the development of Recommendations related to MPLS OAM, please
also note the followings:

(1) draft Recommendations Y.1710/Cor. 1 (MPLS OAM requirements) and Y.1711
    (MPLS OAM mechanism) have passed the last call and are planned to be
    approved at the next SG 13 meeting in October/November 2002;
(2) draft Recommendation Y.1720 (MPLS OAM protection) is expected to be
    approved in November/December 2002 time frame.

Attachments: Draft Rec. Y.1710/Cor. 1, draft Rec. Y.1711 and draft Rec.
Y.1720 may be reviewed at
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com13/ip/sg13-ietf-ftp.html

---

From: Nabil Seddigh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:55:47 -0400

The request in message #1 sounds like a reasonable one.

I don't see any reason why it should not be approved?

Nabil Seddigh