Subject: Sender Template Doubt

From: "manoj juneja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:01:25 -0700

Hi All,
          I have a doubt regarding sender template object in RSVP-TE. Can I 
fill the sender address in sender template object same as PHOP address (in 
RSVP_HOP object) at the ingress node in the outgoing path message ?

As per my understanding, the PHOP object will change at every hop in the 
path message but the sender template remanins the same.

At the ingress node, should the sender address in sender template object be 
filled with the IP address of the outgoing interface over which the path 
message is to be sent out ?

Regards,
manoj.

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

---

From: Jay Karthik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:32:20 -0400

At 01:01 PM 7/17/02 -0700, manoj juneja wrote:
>Hi All,
>          I have a doubt regarding sender template object in RSVP-TE. Can 
> I fill the sender address in sender template object same as PHOP address 
> (in RSVP_HOP object) at the ingress node in the outgoing path message ?
>
>At the ingress node, should the sender address in sender template object 
>be filled with the IP address of the outgoing interface over which the 
>path message is to be sent out ?

It is not mandatory to send the IP address of the outgoing i/f.  Usually it 
is the router-id of the Ingress. (However for a backup tunnel <if any> you 
could pick any address besides the router-id, as the sender address in the 
SENDER_TEMPLATE).

Jay

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:04:07 -0400

> (in RSVP_HOP object) at the ingress node in the outgoing path message ?

The sender address in the SENDER_TEMPLATE can be any valid address on 
the ingress node.

My personal preference (and this is _NOT_ a requirement) is to use the 
address of the interface that the LSP accepts incoming traffic on.  In 
other words, if the LSP only receives unlabeled traffic from one 
interface, use that address; if the LSP can receive unlabeled traffic 
from any interface, then use the router address.

The reason for this preference is that it makes it a bit easier to see 
exactly where the traffic in the LSPs is coming from when you're viewing 
the table of connections.

> path message but the sender template remanins the same.

Correct.

> path message is to be sent out ?

That is one legal value you can use.  Any other address that is valid 
for the ingress router is also OK.

-- David