Subject: Doubts regarding the mailing list use

From: "Mayank Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:09:08 +0530

hi
i am new to this mailing list and infact new to any mailing list. I wanted
to know that while firing questions and having discussions on this mailing
list, if somebody replies to me in personal to my query, then do i need to
reply him in personal too or all such replies shoould be cc'd to the group
too. (i mean does the person replying me in personal expects me to not reply
him back in public)
I mean any such discussions which are related to mpls (and thats what this
mailing list is all about) should be sent to the group as a whole so that
every body listens to the discussions and can give there independent and
intelligent views.
That allows free flow of information and insures that we have many views of
the idea .

thanks and regds

Mayank

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:43:43 +0530

hi Mayank!
     Thanks for the great point of view put forth but as common mailing ethics I
guess one is desired to reply only to the person who has sent the mail and not
to the group whom he/she purposefully wanted to avoid. This I guess is true for
all mails and not just the ones here on a mailing list.

     As for the mailing list a person might reply to you in person and not on
the mailing list as he might want to avoid a huge discussion on a trivial issue
already covered on the list. He might be sufficiently aware that most members
here might already have discussed the issue earlier sometime back and hence we
would like to keep the mailing list flowing with information that is new and
relevant to the whole group. Ofcourse you are still invited to post all your
questions on the list but as basic understanding we would like to limit the
counter questions to the people we get mails from and the ones in the mail they
sent.

I hope you get the point!

ciao
sumit

"Mayank Kumar" <[email-masked]> on 07/10/2002 09:09:08 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   "Mpls \(E-mail\)" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Sumit Chauhan/HSS)

Subject:  Doubts regarding the mailing list use

hi

thanks and regds

Mayank