Subject: on the mpls oam framework

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:27:22 +0100

All,

I read the mpls oam framework as it has been suggested in
Dave Allans draft (draft-allan-mpls-oam-frmwrk) and also
re-read the the mpls architecture document. I've the architecture
authors to review the oam framework and received some feedback
from them.

It is my understanding that there is a serious disconnect
between the architecture and oam framework, and I therefore
want to restart the oam framework in a fresh document,
with the undertanding that this document shall be aligned
with the architecture.

I asked David Allan and Tom Nadeau to take on the editorship
for this new document, and hope to have positive answers from
both of them before the mpls wg meeting in Minneapolis.

/Loa

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:42:16 -0500

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf 
>Of Loa Andersson
>Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 9:27 PM
>To: MPLS wg
>Cc: George Swallow; Alex Zinin
>Subject: on the mpls oam framework
>
>
>All,
>

	I would be happy to work with Dave to co-edit the new draft.

	--Tom