Subject: MPLS-FTN-MIB and ECMP

From: "M. ELK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:49:46 +0000

Hi

posted below  in mpls-ops list  and got no reply (may be the question's are 
so dum ) ,hopefully i will have better chance in mpls list .

Brgds

1- Say an entry in mplsFTNTable pointing to an LSP(s)  in  mplsXCTable
(assuming LDB) ,how we
could specify that such entry in mplsFTNtable could be pointing to say 2 LSP
for ECMP (Equal Cost Multi Path) .

2- Could it be done this way :

the value mplsFTNActionpointer to be set to say mplsXCLspId.500.0.0
in the mplsXCtable we create the following 2 entry

entry 1 :
mplsXCindex= 500
mplsInsegementIndex=0
mplsOutSegmentIndex=6000

entry 2 :

mplsXCindex= 500
mplsInsegementIndex=0
mplsOutSegmentIndex=7000

ie: the mplsFTNActionPointer point to a "GROUP" of LSP's (the group is 
identified by having
several row in mplsXctable with the same value of mplsXCindex ) .

3- In case point "2" above is a (theoretical) valid option .
    in CSCO implem of LSR-MIB they took the convention to set the value of
mplsXCindex to be
    equal to mplsOutSegmentIndex value so point "2" above will not be the
way for CSCO to
   implement ECMP so what other way(s) available to speify a ECMP for
certain entry in
    mplsFTNTable .

Brgds

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963