Subject: [mpls] draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-requirement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Jul 2004 19:50:26 +0900

Hi,

We have updated draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-requirement to attempt
to address the comments made during Working Group last call.

The biggest change we have made is to de-emphasise RSVP-TE
as the signaling protocol used to establish P2MP TE LSPs. 

We have also made some smaller editorial changes to ensure that
the draft does not imply that the applications mentions MUST be addressed through P2MP TE MPLS - the new text is meant to say
that these applications are only illustrative examples of things
you might choose to use P2MP MPLS TE for.

We are still having off-line discussions about whether the
changes made actually satisfy the concerns raised during
last call, but in the mean time, we thought that everyone would
like to see the new version of the draft.

We have also found several holes in the requirements as we
attempted to move forward with early versions of solutions drafts.

We are working to produce a -04 version. Our plan is to have this
version completed by mid-August.

Some of these additions will necessitate discussion, and we will be
sending some questions to the mailing list over the next month.

Regards,
Seisho

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls