Subject: [Isocore_events] Invitation to MPLS 2004, October 17-19, Washington DC

From: "Sunggy Koo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:19:50 -0400

MPLS 2004 International Conference

http://www.mpls2004.com <http://www.mpls2004.com/> 

October 17-19, 2004

Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington DC

Please join us at MPLS 2004, the  <http://www.mpls2004.com/> 7th
International Conference on Multi-Protocol Label Switching to be held in
Washington DC October 17-19, 2004, hosted by  <http://www.isocore.com/>
ISOCORE.  The 3-day event consists of tutorials, technical sessions,
panel discussions, and exhibits.  Presentations by industry-leading
experts focus on the latest developments of IP, MPLS, GMPLS, and related
networking technologies.  One day of tutorials followed by two days of
technical sessions will keep you updated on the next generation
networking and contemporary issues in industry.  In addition, there will
be two Panel Sessions which will encourage audience participation in a
lively discussion.  Also, our sponsors showcase their cutting-edge
products and services at the conference exhibit.

Registration for the conference is now open. Early registration
discounts are highly attractive and are valid for a limited time only. 

To register, click  <http://www.mpls2004.com/registration.htm> Here!

Important Dates

*         Early Registration Special: Registered by September 17, 2004

*         Tutorials           : October 17,     8:30 am - 6:30 pm

*         Technical Tracks    : October 18-19,  8:30 am - 6:30 pm

*         Exhibits            : October 18,     9:00 am - 8:00 pm

  October 19,     9:00 am - 3:00 pm

We look forward to seeing you at the conference.

Sponsor List (Listed Alphabetically)

ADC, Alcatel, APC, Avici Systems, Chiaro Networks, Ciena Corporation,
Cisco Systems, Data Connection, Extreme Networks, Ixia, Juniper
Networks, Laurel Networks, Lucent Technologies, Marconi, MRV, Movaz
Networks, Navtel Communications, NetworkPhysics, NextHop Technologies,
NexTone Communications, Nippon Pavilion [NTT, NEC, Fujitsu, Furukawa,
Mitsubishi], Nortel Networks, Quarry Technologies, Redback Networks,
Spirent Communications, Sycamore Networks, Tellabs

  _____  

Sunday, October 17
Tutorials 

8:30 - 10:30 am 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/Tutorial_1.htm> Tutorial 1: MPLS
and GMPLS: Principles, Implementation, and Advanced Concepts - A.
Farrel, Old Dog Consulting, (with M. Tatipamula) 

Break 

11:00 am - 12:30 pm 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/Tutorial_2.htm> Tutorial 2:
Network and Service Interworking in Layer 2 VPNs over IP/MPLS - Matthew
Bocci, Alcatel 

Break 

2:00 - 3:30 pm 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/Tutorial_3.htm> Tutorial 3: Voice
Over IP (VoIP): Status and Industry Direction - James McEachern, Nortel
Networks 

Break 

4:00 - 5:30 pm 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/Tutorial_4.htm> Tutorial 4:
Inter-Provider QoS for MPLS Network - B. Davie, Cisco Systems 

  _____  

Monday, October 18
Technical Sessions 

8:30 - 10:00 am
AM-1: Opening Session 

Introduction - Dr. B. Jabbari
Remarks - Conference Co-Chair, Dr. S. Elby, VP, Network Architecture and
Enterprise Technologies, Verizon Technology Organization
Opening Speech - FCC Commissioner, K. Abernathy
Remarks - Conference Co-Chair, T. Matsunaga Head and Executive Manager
of NTT Network Service Systems Labs
Keynote Speech - 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/NTT.htm> NTT's Vision for the
Future Network, T. Okada, Vice President, Executive Director of NTT
Network Service Systems Laboratories

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/zinin1.htm> IETF Routing and MPLS
Standards Update, A. Zinin, Routing Area Director, IETF 

Break 

10:30 - 11:30 am
AM-2: Operational Experience and Architectures 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/cisco3.htm> Current MPLS
Deployment Experience - T. McKinney, Cisco Systems 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/Goode_ATT.htm> Real-time Services
over an IP/MPLS Network - S. Afshar and B. Goode, ATT 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/aabla1.htm> Issues in Broadband
Networking Architecture - L. Andersson, Acreo 

11:30 am - 12:30 pm
AM-3: Case Studies for MPLS Services 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/twtmm1.htm> VPLS: A Case Study -
M. McNamara, Time Warner Telecom 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/tnlw1.htm> Implementing QoS in a
Nation-wide Service Provider MPLS Core Network: A Case Study - L. Wang,
Telenor Networks 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/attlf1.htm> BGP/MPLS VPN
Deployment Experience and Challenges - L. Fang, ATT 

Lunch 

2:00 - 3:30 pm
PM-1: Recovery and Restoration in MPLS 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/csgs1.htm> MPLS Fast Reroute
Techniques - G. Swallow, Cisco Systems 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/jnkk1.htm> MPLS Fast Reroute - K.
Kompella, Juniper Networks 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/astbd1.htm> Reliable Alternate
Paths for IP Destinations (RAPID) - A. Atlas, Avici Systems 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/ltrn2.htm> Quantitative
Comparison of MPLS Resiliency Approaches - R. Nagarajan, Lucent
Technologies 

Break 

4:00 - 5:00 pm
PM-2: GMPLS and IP Optical Integration 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/advdp1.htm> Prototyping the GMPLS
UNI Implementation for End-to-End LSP Re-routing - D. Verchère and D.
Papadimitriou, Alcatel 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/tljs1.htm> ASON and GMPLS: Two
Ways to Do the Same Thing -- But Are They Really Different? - J. Sadler,
Tellabs 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/Ciena.htm> Emerging ITU Framework
for Management of ASON/GMPLS - L. Ong, Ciena 

5:00 - 6:30 pm
Panel: Inter-Carrier MPLS Issues
Chair: S. Elby, VP, Network Architecture and Enterprise Technologies,
Verizon Technology Organization 

Panelists from ISP/Carriers including: Paul Jin (BT) David McDysan
(MCI), Yukio Ito (NTT Communications), TBD (LEVEL(3)), Waqar Khan
(Qwest) 

6:30 - 8:00 pm

Reception hosted by Avici Systems

  _____  

Tuesday, October 19
Technical Sessions 

8:30 - 10:00 am
AM-4 

Invited Talks
J. Agogbua, Movaz Networks
Y. Rekhter, Juniper Networks
MPLS/GMPLS in Multi-Region networks

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/csjpv1.htm> A Distributed
PCE-based Solution to Compute Inter-domain Shortest TE LSP Paths - J-P
Vasseur, Cisco Systems 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/nttks1.htm> GMPLS-based Traffic
Engineering in Multi-Region/Multi-Layer Service Network - K. Shiomoto,
NTT 

Break 

10:30 - 11:30 am
AM-5: Operational, Administrative and Maintenance 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/csza2.htm> BFD and MPLS: Marriage
Made in Heaven - Z. Ali and M. Tatipamula, Cisco Systems 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/nortel1.htm> Interworking OAM -
D. Allan, Nortel Networks 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/cstn1.htm> MPLS OAM: Standards &
Solutions - T. Nadeau, Cisco Systems 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/jnim2.htm> Are My LSPs Up? Are
They Up Now? - I. Minei, Juniper Networks 

11:30 am - 12:30 pm
AM-6: VPNs and Advanced Services 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/jnra1.htm> MPLS Layer 3 and Layer
2 VPNs Over an IP Only Core - R. Aggarwal, Juniper Networks 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/Quarry.htm> Deployment Scenarios
for Secure Inter-AS VPNs - S. Poretsky, Quarry Technologies 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/nnjm1.htm> VoIP and Voice
Services over MPLS - J. McEachern, Nortel Networks 

Lunch 

2:00 - 3:30 pm
PM-4 

Point to Multi-Point and Multicast Services

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/adp1.htm> P2MP TE LSPs (MPLS and
GMPLS) - D. Papadimitriou, Alcatel 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/dcmf2.htm> Multicast Issues - M.
Finlayson, Data Connection 
Operational Aspects of MPLS 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/ntsh1.htm> IGP and BGP
Convergence Impacts on MPLS Convergence - S. Hares, NextHop Technologies

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/rnat1.htm> Fast Reroute for IP
and LDP-based Networks - A. Tian, Redback Networks 

Break 

4:00 - 5:00 pm
PM-5: Experience from GMPLS Networks 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/ntttt1.htm> Layer 1 Virtual
Private Networks - T. Takeda, NTT 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/kddito1.htm> Demonstration of
MPLS and IPv6 transport over GMPLS-controlled Optical Networks - T.
Otani, KDDI R&D Labs 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/aabtm1.htm> Acreo National
Testbed, Experiences and Results - T. Madsen, Acreo 

*   <http://www.mpls2004.com/Abstracts/escience.htm> e-science
Experimental GMPLS Network - J. Sobieski, MAX 

5:00 - 6:30 pm
Panel Session: Vendors' Perspective on MPLS
Chair: Dr. D. Awduche (MCI) 

A. Sayeed (Cisco Systems), A. Malis (Tellabs), J. Sax (Lucent
Technologies), C. Easely (Extreme Networks), D. Fedyk (Nortel Networks),
S. Khandekar (Alcatel), E. Brendal (Chiaro Networks),V. Raman (Avici),
K. Kompella (Juniper Networks), B. Kine (Spirent Communications) 

 

 

_______________________________________________
Isocore_events mailing list
http://www.isocore.com

To unsubscribe, send email to [email-masked]