Subject: [mpls] Re: important: please submit your extended abstract by Sep 22

From: "Junaid Ahmed Zubairi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:00:44 -0400

2nd International Workshop on Frontiers of Information
Technology
Islamabad, Pakistan - Dec 20-21, 2004
http://multimedia.ece.uic.edu/FIT04/

 Co-Sponsored by
National Science Foundation (USA)
and
Committee on Science and Technology for the Sustainable Development in the
South
(COMSATS)

 In cooperation with
University of Illinois at Chicago and Purdue University

 CALL FOR PAPERS and PARTICIPATION
Since the past decade information technology (IT) has been one of the key
factors in propelling growth in all sectors of life including science,
engineering, commerce,
medicine, and defense. As suggested in the 1999 report by the US
Presidential
Information Technology Advisory Committee  (PITAC), "IT will transform the
way we live, learn, work, and play." Such a  transformation is
 necessary to meet the technological and socio-economic challenges of the
 21st century. Rapid  advances in areas such as networking, communication,
and computing, demand  innovative storage,  management, browsing, and
communication techniques. Furthermore, education  is changing with the
 advent of new interactive on-line learning technologies, online digital
 libraries and collaborative  workspaces. In this regards design of
innovative
multidisciplinary curriculums and higher education  infrastructures. The
workshop
will focus on identifying and articulating research and development
 challenges and agendas in IT in the next decade and beyond and fostering
 research collaborations  among researchers in key IT areas. The theme area
chosen for this workshop include the following:

 Information and Network Security.
 Communication and Networking Technologies.
 IT based Applications.
 Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing.

 IT researchers/academicians/practitioners with an interest in any of the
 above broad IT research areas are invited to submit a technical paper
outlining their view of the present status of research in topics related to
 these broad areas and what they consider to be the most important and
 promising future research agendas. We encourage magazine style
submissions with less focus on deeper technical details and more emphasis
on future research problems, their formulations, and issues that need
further
 exploration. The target audience for the workshop is both researchers and
practitioners who are interested in taking part in forming the future IT
 research agendas and fostering global collaborations especially with
 researchers in the US and Pakistan.

 Participants are invited to submit an extended abstract by September 22,
 2004. Submitted papers will be accepted for presentation at the workshop on
the
 basis of their originality, relevance, and capacity for stimulating
discussion.
 For each theme area, multiple sessions will be organized. It is also
intended that at
the last day of the workshop participants in each workshop theme area will
work
towards reaching a consensus on the recommendation for  appropriate further
action (e.g., writing a joint paper, forming a task  group, identifying
funding opportunities,
 etc.). The workshop is intended to generate specific interest groups, and
 that participants will find a way to contribute to any research endeavor
emerging as a result.

 The workshop will also host keynote addresses at the beginning of each day
 and two panel discussion sessions will be organized to debate broader IT
challenges and issues.

 Important dates:
 September 22, 2004: Paper submissions due.
 October 15th, 2004 - Notification of acceptance.
 November 15th, 2004 - Camera Ready papers due (Format guidelines: Word
 Template)
 December 20 - 21, 2004 - Days of the workshop

 Workshop Co-Chairs:
 . Dr. Arif Ghafoor, Purdue University.
 . Dr. S.M. Junaid Zaidi, COMSAT Institute
 of Technology.

 Program Co-Chairs:
 . Dr. Ashfaq Khokhar, University of Illinois
 at Chicago.
 . Dr. Abul Faiz Muhammad Ishaq,
 COMSATS Institute of Information
 Technology.

 Local Arrangements Co-Chairs:
 . Mr. Tahir Naeem, COMSATS Institute of
 Information Technology.
 . Dr. Shahab Baqai, Lahore University of
 Management Sciences.

 Publicity Co-Chairs:
 . Dr. Tanveer-ul-Haq, Higher Education
 Commission
 . Mr. Ali Tawab Baloch, COMSATS
 Institute of Information Technology.

 Proceedings Co-Chairs:
 . Mr. Ahsan Abdullah, National University
 of Computer and Emerging Sciences.
 . Ms. Rubina Bhatti, COMSATS Institute
 of Information Technology.

 Panel Coordinators:
 . Dr. S.M.H. Zaidi, NUST Institute of
 Information Technology.
 . Dr. Sayeed Ghani, Institute of Business
 Administration, Karachi.

 Industrial Track Co-Chairs:
 . Dr. Amin Matin, Pakistan Software
 Expert Board.
 . Dr. Sohaib Khan, Lahore University of
 Management Sciences.

 International Program Committee (Tentative)
 Ali, Arshad National Institute of Information Technology, (NIIT),
 Rawalpindi,
 Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Abdali, Kamal National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA, USA
 [email-masked]
 Abdali, Kamal National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA, USA
 [email-masked]
 Ahmad, Imtiaz Kuwait University, Kuwait [email-masked]
 Ahmed, Ishtiaq Kyoto University, Japan [email-masked]
 Ahmed, Shakeel United Arab Emirates University, UAE [email-masked]
 Ali, Shoukat University of Missouri - Rolla, MO, USA [email-masked]
 Alnuweiri, Hussein University of British Columbia, Canada
[email-masked]
 Alvi, Ayub National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Islamabad,
 Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Ayyaz, Naeem University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Aziz, Romana Foundation University, Islamabad, Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Baqai, Farhan Sony Corporation, San Jose, CA, USA [email-masked]
 Bertino, Elisa Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
 [email-masked]
 Bouguettaya , Athman Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA [email-masked]
 Cetin, Enis Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey [email-masked]
 Chaudhary, Abbas Balochistan University of Information Technology, Quetta,
 Pakistan [email-masked]
 Dagtas, Serhan University of Arkansas at Little Rock, AR, USA
 [email-masked]
 Elmagarmid, Ahmad Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
 [email-masked]
 Essa, Irfan Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
 [email-masked]
 Fleisch, Brett NSF and University of California, Riverside, CA, USA
 [email-masked]
 Gershenfeld, Neil Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
 [email-masked]
 Ghani, Sayeed Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi, Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Guizani, Mohsen Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, USA
 [email-masked]
 Ilyas, Mohammad Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA
 [email-masked]
 Ishaq, Faiz M. COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT),
 Islamabad,
 Pakistan
[email-masked]
 Joshi, Anupam University of Maryland Baltimore Campus, Baltimore, MD, USA
 [email-masked]
 Joshi, James University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
 [email-masked]
 Kamel, Ibrahim Zayed University, UAE [email-masked]
 Khan, Mohammad F. King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dahran,
 Saudi
 Arabia
 [email-masked]
 Khan, Sohaib Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Kumar, Vipin University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA [email-masked]
 Lateef, Khalid Titan Systems, USA [email-masked]
 Malik, Naveed Virtual University, Lahore, Pakistan [email-masked]
 Maud, Muhammad A. Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore,
Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Memon, Atif University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA [email-masked]
 Naqvi, Sohail Higher Education Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Rajput, Saeed Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA
 [email-masked]
 Rasheed, Khalid International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Saangi, Nazir Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Shah, Mubarak University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA
 [email-masked]
 Shah, Syed Ijlal Motorola, Boston, MA, USA [email-masked]
 Shahabi, Cyrus University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
 [email-masked]
 Sheikh, Noor M. University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Sheu, Philip University of California, Irvine, CA, USA [email-masked]
 Zaidi, Mohammad, H. National Institute of Information Technology, (NUST),
 Rawalpindi,
 Pakistan
 [email-masked]
 Zaki, Mohammad Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA
 [email-masked]
 Zubairi, Junaid State University of New York, Fredonia, NY, USA
 [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls