Subject: [mpls] soft-preemption in cisco routers

From: "S S" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Nov 2005 20:25:53 -0000

Hi,

Do cisco routers support soft-preemption (draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-06.txt ). There is some documentation available in old IOS releases which talk about support for soft preemption(draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-00.txt to be exact). Checked out their feature navigator - no luck. I do know that juniper supports full fledged soft-preemption. Could anyone direct me to some cisco documentation which talks about soft preemption support/configuration etc.

Regards,
Shiv
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Balaji, Hemanth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:59:26 +0530

Hi,

                  I am not sure if Cisco or Juniper supports "soft
preemption". But I'm sure that "Huawei Routers" do. So try seeking help
from

           someone there.

           -Hemanth.

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of S S
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 1:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] soft-preemption in cisco routers

Hi,

Do cisco routers support soft-preemption
(draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-06.txt ). There is some documentation
available in old IOS releases which talk about support for soft
preemption(draft-ietf-mpls-soft-preemption-00.txt to be exact). Checked
out their feature navigator - no luck. I do know that juniper supports
full fledged soft-preemption. Could anyone direct me to some cisco
documentation which talks about soft preemption support/configuration
etc.

Regards,
Shiv