Subject: [mpls] T-MPLS comments

From: "Diego Caviglia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:51:31 +0200

A couple of quick comment to the T-MPLS specs.

G.8110.1

"Bidirectional LSPs are supported by associating two unidirectional LSPs in
the data plane"

[dc] This sentence seems to exclude the possibility to have a simmetric
bi-directional LSP.  If GMPLS is used as a control plane for T-MPLS should
be good to include the possibility to have simmetric bidirectional LSPs
given that GMPLS support the set-up of that kind of circuits.  Moreover
having a single 5-tuple identifiyng a bidirectional LSP simplify the
maintenence of bi-dicectional circuits.

"Both global and per interface label space are supported"

[dc] RFC 3031 defines the two kind of label scope as:

1      per-interface label space

2      per-platform label space.

I think that the definition of 3031 should be also used in G.8110.1, given
that the term global is misleading.

Regards

Diego

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls