Subject: [mpls] [Fwd: PWE3 and MPLS WG response to G.8110.1 Amendment 1]

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:10:35 +0100

Resending directly to the lists and to SG15Q12 chair as the msg may 
appear as spam due to number of addressees

- Stewart

Subject: PWE3 and MPLS WG response to G.8110.1 Amendment 1
From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>, Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>, "George Swallow (swallow)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>, Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>, David Ward <[email-masked]>, Ross Callon <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], pwe3 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:17:18 +0100

To  ITU SG15
CC ITU SG13

For Action

The IETF PWE3 and MPLS WGs are becoming increasingly concerned at the 
potential impact of the proposed re-engineering of MPLS by ITU SG13 and 
SG15 to make it more suitable as "a transport network" called "T-MPLS".

Input from network operators indicates that the key requirements is the 
transparent carriage of the MPLS network of one party over the MPLS 
network of another party, with the constraint that the MPLS design MUST 
NOT be changed and that the solution MUST be compatible with their 
existing large base of already deployed MPLS networks.

Having studied the requirements liaised by SG15 to the IETF
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=287

and considered the key issues noted above, the IETF PWE3 and MPLS WGs 
have formed the view that the essential requirements of operators can be 
satisfied by existing IETF protocols.

We therefore liaise the following standards track internet draft for 
your information and would welcome any comments you have on it. It would 
be useful if your response were available for us to consider at IETF69 
which meets on 22 July 2007.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-transport-00.txt

On a more general note please can we draw the attention of ITU SG15 to 
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-08.txt 

Regards

Stewart Bryant
on behalf of
IETF PWE3 and MPLS Co-chairs

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls