Subject: [mpls] RFC 4875 on Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for Point-to-Multipoint TE Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:04:37 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4875

        Title:      Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol 
                    - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for Point-to-Multipoint 
                    TE Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     R. Aggarwal, Ed.,
                    D. Papadimitriou, Ed.,
                    S. Yasukawa, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 125394
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-p2mp-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4875.txt

This document describes extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol -
Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for the set up of Traffic Engineered
(TE) point-to-multipoint (P2MP) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in Multi-
Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
networks.  The solution relies on RSVP-TE without requiring a
multicast routing protocol in the Service Provider core.  Protocol
elements and procedures for this solution are described.

There can be various applications for P2MP TE LSPs such as IP
multicast.  Specification of how such applications will use a P2MP TE
LSP is outside the scope of this document.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls