Subject: [MPLS] One question about LDP in RFC4447

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:13:04 -0700

Hi all,
I have one question about LDP in RFC4447. 
Section 5 in RFC4447 say:
    The PW label bindings are distributed using the LDP downstream
    unsolicited mode described in [RFC3036].  The PEs will establish an
    LDP session using the Extended Discovery mechanism described in [LDP,
    sections 2.4.2 and 2.5].

My question is , 
if two PE is directly connected, can LDP session be established using the
 Basic Discovery mechanism described in [LDP RFC3036, section 2.4.1] ?

I consider that in this case  the session using the Extended Discovery 
mechanism is maybe the same session with using the Basic Discovery 
mechanism.

Thanks and Regards
   jerry king

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:35:00 -0700

if each LSR that directly connected advertises  the same trasport 
adddress and LDP Indentifier in its link hello and targeted hello,
only a single LDP session would be established.

Should tunnel labels and PW labels(VC labels) be advertised
via the only session under this case ?

 Thanks and Regards

 jerry king