Subject: [mpls] Doubts in RFC 5036

From: priyanka gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:51:04 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,

I was analysising the LDP RFC and wasnot able to get the reason for few events declared.

1)Need of keep aive timer over TCP session.Cannt the TCP keep alive is enough to maintain teh integrity of session?

2) In RFC it is written deletion of adjacency will delete the session.Refer section 2.5.5.but vise versa is not clear.
    Will session deletion also deletes the adjacency?As per my understanding whats the need of maintaining adjacency when session establishment parameter are failed in negotiation.

regards,
Priyanka

      From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/citygroups/

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Anup Kumar Vasudevan (anuvasud)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:52:38 +0530

Hi 
 
My attempt at explaining - 
 
1. We use the LDP keep alive message to setup the session. When we get
the session init message we reply with a keep alive message. The keep
alive timer is only used to maintain the TCP session. We do not need to
use the TCP keep alive messages for LDP. Using TCP keep alives will
probably result in unnecessary n/w traffic. The LSR's can recevie any
LDP message in order to keep the session alive (keep alive timer from
expiring). If LSR's dont have any info to exchange a keep alive message
is used. 
 
2. When LSR's exchange hello's they will be able to setup adjacencies.
With the Adjacency configured the session setup can be done. In case the
session params do not match the session setup wiill fail but the
adjacency will remain until timer expiry. I think this is for trouble
shooting purposes. Atleast thats what i have used it for. o/w we cannot
distinguish between a failed adjaceny setup and a failed session setup. 
 
Thanks and Regards
Anup Vasudevan

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
priyanka gupta
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 7:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Doubts in RFC 5036

Hi all,
 
I was analysising the LDP RFC and wasnot able to get the reason for few
events declared.
 
1)Need of keep aive timer over TCP session.Cannt the TCP keep alive is
enough to maintain teh integrity of session?
 
2) In RFC it is written deletion of adjacency will delete the
session.Refer section 2.5.5.but vise versa is not clear.
    Will session deletion also deletes the adjacency?As per my
understanding whats the need of maintaining adjacency when session
establishment parameter are failed in negotiation.

regards,
Priyanka

________________________________

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now
<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_mail_2/*http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo
/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/> 
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls