Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-te-scaling-analysis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 03:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : An Analysis of Scaling Issues in MPLS-TE Core Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Yasukawa, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-te-scaling-analysis-02.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2008-04-24

Traffic engineered Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TE) is
deployed in providers' core networks. As providers plan to grow these
networks, they need to understand whether existing protocols and
implementations can support the network sizes that they are planning.

This document presents an analysis of some of the scaling concerns
for MPLS-TE core networks, and examines the value of two techniques
(LSP hierarchies, and multipoint-to-point LSPs) for improving
scaling. The intention is to motivate the development of appropriate
deployment techniques and protocol extensions to enable the
application of MPLS-TE in large networks.

This document considers only scalability for point-to-point MPLS-TE.
Point-to-multipoint MPLS-TE is for future study.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-te-scaling-analysis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:12:42 +0100

Hi,

The changes in this revision are:

- New section 10 to add consideration of a suggestion to change
  the problem scope and so make it easier to solve
- Various comments for clarity and typos from Loa Andersson
- Typos
- Change of email address for one of the authors.

Adrian