Subject: [mpls] RFC 5331 on MPLS Upstream Label Assignment and Context-Specific Label Space

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5331

        Title:      MPLS Upstream Label Assignment and 
                    Context-Specific Label Space 
        Author:     R. Aggarwal, Y. Rekhter,
                    E. Rosen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 30779
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-upstream-label-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5331.txt

RFC 3031 limits the MPLS architecture to downstream-assigned MPLS
labels.  This document introduces the notion of upstream-assigned
MPLS labels.  It describes the procedures for upstream MPLS label
assignment and introduces the concept of a "Context-Specific Label
Space".  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls