Subject: [mpls] VPLS terms clarification

From: "venkatesan mahalingam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 01:32:01 +0530

L2 VPN id, VPLS instance and VSI how these three terms associated/used in
VPLS?

Can we have more than one VPLS instances in a VSI at AC side?

Where L2 VPN id will be useful?

How this VSI mapped in VPLS mib?
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Shane Amante <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 16:12:04 -0600

Hi Venkatesan,

First, for VPLS-specific questions such as these, it's better that you  
ask them over on the [email-masked] mailing list.  To subscribe to  
this list, please go here: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ 
l2vpn>.

Second, most of the questions you asked below are probably already  
addressed within the following docs:
- RFC 4664, "Framework for Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks"; and,
- draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-mib-02, "VPLS MIB".

Thanks,

-shane

On Aug 3, 2008, at 2:02 PM, venkatesan mahalingam wrote:
> L2 VPN id, VPLS instance and VSI how these three terms associated/ 
> used in VPLS?
>