Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 03:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PathErr Message Triggered MPLS and GMPLS LSP Reroute
	Author(s)       : L. Berger, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-08-05

This document describes how Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP)
PathErr Messages may be used to trigger rerouting of Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic
Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) without first removing
LSP state or resources.  Such LSP rerouting may be desirable in a
number of cases including, for example, soft-preemption and graceful
shutdown.  This document describes the usage of existing Standards
Track mechanisms and defines no new formats or mechanisms.  It relies
on mechanisms already defined as part of RSVP-TE and simply describes
a sequence of actions to be executed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls