Subject: [mpls] Small bug fix in the P2MP MIB

From: "Nic Neate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:21:45 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to fix what I believe to be a bug in the P2MP MIB.  While it
has passed WG last call, I don't think it has yet completed AD review,
so that should provide a window in which to make this change if people
agree with it.

The mplsTeP2mpTunnelTable contains three fields for reporting the
upstream sub-group IDs received on Path messages for a P2MP LSP.
-  mplsTeP2mpTunnelSubGroupOriginType
-  mplsTeP2mpTunnelSubGroupOrigin
-  mplsTeP2mpTunnelSubGroupID

However, an LSR may receive multiple Path messages for a single P2MP
LSP, each for a different sub-group.  See RFC 4875 section 4.3.  I would
like to be able to report all of the upstream sub-groups for a P2MP LSP
in the MIB, not just one of them.

A single S2L sub-LSP will always be in a single Path message and
sub-group (except during transient re-optimization conditions).  I think
the upstream sub-group fields should therefore be moved to the
mplsTeP2mpTunnelDestTable, so that the upstream sub-group for each S2L
sub-LSP can be reported.

The mplsTeP2mpTunnelDestTable already contains fields for the downstream
sub-group IDs, so the moved fields would also have to be renamed as
follows.
-  mplsTeP2mpTunnelDestUpSubGroupOriginType
-  mplsTeP2mpTunnelDestUpSubGroupOrigin
-  mplsTeP2mpTunnelDestUpSubGroupID

Does anyone disagree with that change?

Thanks,

Nic
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls