Subject: [mpls] New version of draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-01

From: Sami Boutros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:09:12 -0800

Please find the updated version of the draft @

http://www.tla-group.com/~loa/draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-01.txt

Thanks,

Sami

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:49:01 +0100

Hi Sami,

> http://www.tla-group.com/~loa/draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-01.txt

A few questions for clarification:

-1- if node B is in FLB what does it do with OAM packets that
     have as destination the MEP at the end of the LSP, or any
     MIP that may be located between node B and node C.

-2- if node B is in OLB what does it do with OAM packets that
     have as destination the MEP at the end of the LSP, or any
     MIP that may be located between node B and node C.

-3- if node B is in FLB are data packets looped back only to
     node A or are they still forwarded/bridged to node C as well.

-4- are the error reponses to a) malformed message b) unknown
     TLV and c) authentication failure, only applicable to the
     lopback messages or they they generic.

Regards, Huub.

-- 
================================================================
                   http://www.van-helvoort.eu/
================================================================
Always remember that you are unique...just like everyone else...
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Sami Boutros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:55:13 -0800

Hi Huub,

>     MIP that may be located between node B and node C.

We are going to address this in a next revision, to allow OAM pkts
to go pass the MIP node where the loopback happens.

>     MIP that may be located between node B and node C.

Same as above.

>     node A or are they still forwarded/bridged to node C as well.

Only looped back to A.

>     lopback messages or they they generic.

They are for loopback messages, but could apply as well to other
messages in the future.

Thanks,

Sami

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:20:44 +0100

Hi Sami,

Thanks for the reply.

Two more questions at the bottom:

------------------------
> They are for loopback messages, but could apply as well to other

If a message is malformed, how can it be determined that it
was actually a loopback message?
And would it also be possible that a message is malformed such
that it looks like a loopback message?

Regards, Huub.

---

From: Sami Boutros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:35:53 -0800

Hi Huub,

>was actually a loopback message?

In the inband option the ACH will have a well known code point,
the message will have to mean loopback.

>that it looks like a loopback message?

Yes, this could happen. And this is why we check messages for
correctness of TLVs.

Thanks,

Sami