Subject: [mpls] clarification on RFC 4447: Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance Using the Label Dist

From: Dinesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:48:03 -0800

Hi,

This RFC does not address the case were one end point of attachment circuit
is a qinq vlan and remote
attachment end point is a dot1q single tag vlan. Currently ether type vlan
is used and this does not help the
PEs to  do proper insert/modify of the pw data  as they do not actually know
if the received packet has single tag or double tag.

I want the PE to send out L2 frame with dot1p bits so that i can provide COS
at remote end.
 if we use  vc-type ether, the  vlan information is not sent on the wire.
and if vlan info is sent using vc-type  vlan, then
there is confusion if received data is a single tagged or double tagged.
Please  clarify this.

Regards
dinesh
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls