Subject: [mpls] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3811 (1842)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:03:29 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3811,
"Definitions of Textual Conventions (TCs) for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Management".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3811&eid=1842

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
       MplsExtendedTunnelId ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
          STATUS        current
          DESCRIPTION
             "A unique identifier for an MPLS Tunnel.  This may
              represent an IPv4 address of the ingress or egress
              LSR for the tunnel.  This value is derived from the
              Extended Tunnel Id in RSVP or the Ingress Router ID
              for CR-LDP."
          REFERENCE
             "RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels,
              [RFC3209].

              Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP, [RFC3212]."
          SYNTAX  Unsigned32(0..4294967295)

Corrected Text
--------------
       MplsExtendedTunnelId ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
          STATUS        current
          DESCRIPTION
             "A unique identifier for an MPLS Tunnel.  This may
              represent an IPv4 address of the ingress or egress
              LSR for the tunnel for an IPv4 network.  For IPv6
              this represents an IPv4 address of the ingress or
              egress LSR for the tunnel for an IPv6 network.
              This value is derived from the
              Extended Tunnel Id in RSVP or the Ingress Router ID
              for CR-LDP."
          REFERENCE
             "RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels,
              [RFC3209].

              Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP, [RFC3212]."
          SYNTAX  OCTET STRING(SIZE(16))

Notes
-----
The Syntax is wrong. This change will require the new TC to be used through out the MPLS MIB modules. A MIB http://potaroo.net/ietf/idref/draft-manral-mpls-rfc3811bis/ was written for the purpose.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3811 (draft-ietf-mpls-tc-mib-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Definitions of Textual Conventions (TCs) for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Management
Publication Date    : June 2004
Author(s)           : T. Nadeau, Ed., J. Cucchiara, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Multiprotocol Label Switching
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG