Subject: [mpls] Egress Router?

From: Vijaya Ramaraju <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:27:44 +0530

Hi Team, 

This is Vijaya Rama Raju.

How can we find a router, if it is an Egress Router or not...?

1) I found in an RFC, if the FEC refers to the  LSR itself.. what does
this mean exactly?

2) The next hop router for the FEC is outside of the Label switching
Network... Means if the nexthop is not in the MPLS domain or if it
nexthop is in the peer list.
Correct me if I am wrong. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And One more thing, In the attachment, if suppose there is a nexthop
after Egress router, which is not in MPLS domain, then the packet will
be forwarded using IP address. And the Label value 
which Egress router maps is either Explicit Null or Implicit Null. Now,
if the nexthop after the Egress is switched to MPLS domain, then
mappings between the nexthop and the egress will be, the nexthop will
send Explicit Null or Implicit Null to the egress router and the egress
router, will send it's label.

So, my doubt is, before the Nexthop switched to MPLS domain, the router
before Egress router receives a label either Explicit Null or Implicit
Null. But after the Nexthop switched to MPLS domain, the label mappings
between Egress and the router before it must be changed. 

Please help me in this regard...

Thanks and Regards

Vijaya Rama Raju Jampana 
Mobile: 9492755564 

________________________________________________________________________

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies;
your cooperation in this regard is appreciated