Subject: [mpls] draft-wijnands-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling - RP discovery

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 04:36:07 -0800

Folks,

At the last IETF I asked the authors to address the issue of RP
discovery.  The latest version of the draft (-02) still does not
address this.

I would suggest that the draft either (a) has to restrict RP discovery
to just static RP, or (b) spell out the procedures for running BSR
over an MPLS infrastructure.

Yakov.

---

From: IJsbrand Wijnands <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 02:40:57 +0100

Yakov,

> over an MPLS infrastructure.

For transporting (S,G) traffic down a P2MP LSP there is no need to  
have an RP. For the (*,G) tree to be build towards the MPLS egress PE  
its necessary to have an RP. I'm ok to restrict the RP discovery to  
static for that. I'll add that in the next revision.

Thx,

Ice.