Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-bcast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LDP IGP Synchronization for broadcast networks
	Author(s)       : W. Lu, S. Kini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-bcast-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-11-10

[LDP-IGP-SYNC] describes a mechanism to prevent black-holing traffic 
(e.g. VPN) when IGP is operational on a link but LDP is not. If this 
mechanism is applied to broadcast links that have more than one 
LDP/IGP peer, the cost-out procedure can only be applied to the link 
as a whole but not an individual peer. When a new LDP peer comes up 
on a broadcast network, this can result in loss of traffic through 
other established peers on that network. This document describes a 
mechanism to address that use-case without dropping traffic. The 
mechanism does not introduce any protocol changes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-igp-sync-bcast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.