Subject: [mpls] draft-dai-mpls-tp-lock-instruct-00

From: Sami Boutros <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:33:08 -0800

Hi Xuehui, Bo, Jian,

The draft seems to cover what we already covered in 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-02

4.4.2. Lock

    The Lock operation is used to take an LSP out of service for mainte-
    nance.  The Lock operation is carried in an MPLS Loopback request
    message sent from a MEP to a trail-end MEP of the LSP to request that
    the LSP be taken out of service.  In response, the Lock operation is
    carried in an Loopback response message sent from the trail-end MEP
    back to the originating MEP to report the result.

4.4.3. Unlock

    The Unlock operation is used to restore a previously locked LSP to
    service.  The Unlock operation is carried in an MPLS Loopback request
    message sent from a MEP to a trail-end MEP of the LSP to request that
    the LSP be restored to service.  In response, the Unlock operation is
    carried in an Loopback Response message sent from the trail-end MEP
    back to the originating MEP to report the result.

Thanks,

Sami

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:06:20 +0800

Hi Sami，

Thanks for your concerns about our draft.

We have read your draft draft-boutros-mpls-tp-loopback-02. In your draft, 
the Lock information is included in the Loopback Message. But we think 
Lock should be an independent OAM tool and not alway accompany loopback. 
Because there are some other applications using Lock, for example the 
out-of-service performance monitor. It also can be initiated by management 
plane.
So we submitted a draft which only talks about lock operation.

Jian

Sami Boutros <[email-masked]> 
2009-11-09 08:33

收件人
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
抄送
"George Swallow" <[email-masked]>, "Siva Sivabalan (msiva)" 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
主题
draft-dai-mpls-tp-lock-instruct-00

Hi 
Xuehui, Bo, Jian,

4.4.2. Lock

4.4.3. Unlock

Thanks,

Sami