Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for MPLS in Transport Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Bocci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-07.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2009-12-22

This document specifies an architectural framework for the
application of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) to the
construction of packet-switched equivalents of traditional circuit-
switched carrier networks.  It describes a common set of protocol
functions - the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) - that supports the
operational models and capabilities typical of such networks,
including signaled or explicitly provisioned bi-directional
connection-oriented paths, protection and restoration mechanisms,
comprehensive Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM)
functions, and network operation in the absence of a dynamic control
plane or IP forwarding support.  Some of these functions are defined
in existing MPLS specifications, while others require extensions to
existing specifications to meet the requirements of the MPLS-TP.

This document defines the subset of the MPLS-TP applicable in general
and to point-to-point paths.  The remaining subset, applicable
specifically to point-to-multipoint paths, are out of scope of this
document.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
defined by the ITU-T.

Status of This Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.
Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on June 25, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.