Subject: [mpls] [MPLS] Next hop address in mLDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 23:06:34 +0800

Hi Ice,
For draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-p2mp-09, on a LAN, the procedures discussed 
supports that the upstream LSR can send a copy of the packet to each 
receiver individually. The question is how to get the next hop address for 
each receiver? There maybe the following method:
1. upstream LSP gets an IP address A from the downstream receiver, either 
the hello packet source address or transport address;
2. looking up the local IP forwarding table for the address A, and check 
if the corresponding next hop address is in the LDP session address list. 
If it is, then the next hop address is found, if not, then next hop 
address found failure.

I think some description is necessary in the draft about this.

BR
Lizhong

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.