Subject: [mpls] poll on draft-chen-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:45:56 +0200

Working Group,

this email is to start poll to adopt
draft-chen-mpls-return-path-specified-lsp-ping
as an MPLS working group draft.

After recent experience, the chairs would like to remind you all
what it means to conduct a poll to adopt a draft as a working group
draft.

- Please recall that the IETF does not "vote." Polls of a working
   group are to gather information to help the chairs make their
   decisions. Voting is not part of the normal working methods of
   an IETF working group.

- The "rough consensus" process used in the working group assumes
   that people expressing opinions are also participating in the
   development of standards documents.

- Subscription to the list specifically to express an opinion is
   noticed by the chairs who has access to information on the new list
   members. Such behavior is not part of the normal working methods.

- The purpose of a poll for adoption is to help the chairs understand
   the level of support for a document (i.e. who has read it, who
   believes it is a good starting point for working group work, who
   will contribute to the work) and whether there are any significant
   technical issues. Statements of objection must be backed up by
   proper technical reasons.

So please respond to this poll indicating whether you support the 
adoption of this draft or stating your technical issues.

Please also not that this draft has after a discussion with the
working group chairs been renamed, it was earlier know as
draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-extensions-01.

This poll ends eob July 13.

Loa and George
mpls wg co-chairs

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:43:48 -0700

Hi Loa,

I am not sure but I think there is a cut and paste error in the previous mail.

It states that:

"Please also not that this draft has after a discussion with the
working group chairs been renamed, it was earlier know as
draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-extensions-01."

Thanks,
Vishwas

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> So please respond to this poll indicating whether you support the adoption
> of this draft or stating your technical issues.
>
> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:14:33 +0200

Viswas,

yes - sure you are right.

I'll resend the the mail.

/Loa

On 2010-06-29 20:43, Vishwas Manral wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Loa Andersson<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> Working Group,
>>

--