Subject: [mpls] RFC 5918 on Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) 'Typed Wildcard' Forward Equivalence Class (FEC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:53:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5918

        Title:      Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) 'Typed 
                    Wildcard' Forward Equivalence Class (FEC) 
        Author:     R. Asati, I. Minei,
                    B. Thomas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19414
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-typed-wildcard-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5918.txt

The Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) specification for the Wildcard
Forward Equivalence Class (FEC) element has several limitations.  This
document addresses those limitations by defining a Typed Wildcard FEC
Element and associated procedures.  In addition, it defines a new LDP
capability to address backward compatibility.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC