Subject: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LSP-Ping and BFD encapsulation over ACH
	Author(s)       : N. Bahadur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2010-08-22

LSP-Ping and BFD for MPLS are existing and widely deployment OAM
mechanisms for MPLS LSPs.  This document describes an ACH
encapsulation for LSP-Ping, that would enable use of LSP-Ping for
networks where IP addressing is not in use.  This document also
clarifies the use of BFD for MPLS LSPs using ACH encapsulation, when
IP addressing may not be available and/or it may not be desirable to
encapsulate BFD packets in IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:34:43 -0700

Folks,
 
    I've updated mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures. Main changes are:
  *   Updated packet formats
  *   Added separate code-point for BFD

Thanks
Nitin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:32:38 +0800

Hi Nitin,

I have a question about the evolution of this draft.
Do you plan to make this draft a RFC finally?
As I understand, the contents in this draft would better be merged into 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi 
and draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv seperately, which may make the 
document structure more clear.

Best Regards,
Xiao Min

Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2010/08/23 09:34

收件人
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
Re: [mpls] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures-01.txt

Folks,

Thanks
Nitin

On 8/22/10 5:15 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working 
Group
> of the IETF.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures

> -01.txt

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:25:39 -0700

Hi Xioa,

> Do you plan to make this draft a RFC finally?

Yes.

> As I understand, the contents in this draft would better be merged into draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi
> and draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv seperately, which may make the document structure more clear.

I’ll leave that to the WG chairs.

Thanks
Nitin

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:50:10 +0200

All,

I've not checked this with George, but this is my take on
this and what we once decided to do.

1. The scope of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures
    is to describe how you run LSP Ping and BFD (as defined for
    MPLS) in presence of the associated channel. Plese note that
    the associated channel may be present in other networks than
    transport networks.

2. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-cc-cv-rdi andd draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv
    specifies the the extensions to those to LSP Ping and BFD
    necessary to for MPLS in transport networks.

I still think this is a clear split between the three drafts.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13