Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay-03.txt> (Packet Loss and Delay Measurement for MPLS Networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 08:43:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Packet Loss and Delay Measurement for MPLS Networks'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-06-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many service provider service level agreements (SLAs) depend on the
   ability to measure and monitor performance metrics for packet loss
   and one-way and two-way delay, as well as related metrics such as
   delay variation and channel throughput.  This measurement capability
   also provides operators with greater visibility into the performance
   characteristics of their networks, thereby facilitating planning,
   troubleshooting, and evaluation.  This document specifies protocol
   mechanisms to enable the efficient and accurate measurement of these
   performance metrics in MPLS networks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.