Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-06.txt> (MPLS-TP Identifiers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:16:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Identifiers'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an initial set of identifiers to be used in
   the Transport Profile of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP).
   The MPLS-TP requirements (RFC 5654) require that the elements and
   objects in an MPLS-TP environment are able to be configured and
   managed without a control plane.  In such an environment many
   conventions for defining identifiers are possible.  This document
   defines identifiers for MPLS-TP management and OAM functions suitable
   to IP/MPLS conventions.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
   (PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
   of a packet transport network as defined by the ITU-T.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.