Subject: [mpls] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:12:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) MIB-based Management Overview
	Author(s)       : Daniel King
                          Venkatesan Mahalingam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-06-12

   A range of Management Information Base (MIB) modules has been
   developed to help model and manage the various aspects of
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks.  These MIB modules are
   defined in separate documents that focus on the specific areas of
   responsibility of the modules that they describe.

   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is a profile of MPLS
   functionality specific to the construction of packet-switched
   transport networks.

   This document describes the MIB-based architecture for MPLS-TP,
   and indicates the interrelationships between different existing MIB
   modules that can be leveraged for MPLS-TP network management and
   identifies areas where additional MIB modules would be required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overview-04.txt

---

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:31:26 +0100

Hi All, 

Please find a new version of our MPLS-TP MIB-based Management Overview:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-mib-management-overvi
ew-04.txt

We made a number of changes, specifically:

- Addressed comments from ITU-T Study Group 15 (thank you all for comments).
- Defined MPLS-TP Management Function.
- Cleaned up MPLS and Pseudowire MIB Module text.
- Expanded Resiliency section and various options. 
- Updated Pseudowire Module section.
- Clarified dependencies on external MIB Modules.

In addition to various grammar and readability updates we have endeavoured
to remove superfluous  text. The authors now feel the document is relatively
stable.

Br, mib-management-overview authors.