Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-07.txt> (MPLS-TP Linear Protection) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:07:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'MPLS-TP Linear Protection'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Transport Profile for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS-TP) is
   being specified jointly by IETF and ITU-T.  This document addresses
   the functionality described in the MPLS-TP Survivability Framework
   document [SurvivFwk] and defines a protocol that may be used to
   fulfill the function of the Protection State Coordination for linear
   protection, as described in that document.

   This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
   (IETF) / International Telecommunications Union Telecommunications
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
   Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
   capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network as
   defined by the ITU-T.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.