Subject: [mpls] Second IETF last call on draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:52:03 +0100

Hi MPLS working group, 

I very much regret to inform you that it is necessary to hold a second IETF last
call on draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay.

This document had completed a previous IETF last call and was on the agenda for
IESG evaluation on Thursday 23rd. 

Unfortunately, a very late IPR disclosure was received from Huawei Technologies.
While I appreciate this disclosure being made before the document was published
as an RFC, I find it disappointing that the disclosure was made so late through
the process.

This is a disruption to the normal functioning of the working group and causes
unnecessary delay to your work.

May I ask the working group to take the opportunity of the second IETF last call
to consider the IPR disclosure and raise any concerns on the MPLS list or on the
IETF list. If the WG decides to revisit the draft in the light of the IPR
disclosure, could the chairs please let me know so that I can refer the draft
back to the WG.

Can I take this opportunity to remind everyone in the WG (i.e. everyone
subscribed to the MPLS list) of their duties under IETF IPR Policy
(http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html), and let me specifically remind
document authors of their responsibilities.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:45:48 +0000

The IPR disclosure refers to PCT filing CN2009/073659,
which (except for a short abstract) is only available in Chinese.

Is there a translation available so that non-Chinese speakers 
can evaluate the relevance and impact of this disclosure ?

Y(J)S

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Adrian Farrel
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 19:52
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Second IETF last call on draft-ietf-mpls-loss-delay

Hi MPLS working group, 

Thanks,
Adrian

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:36:26 +0100

Yaakov

This claims to be a translation

http://www.wipo.int/patentscope/search/en/WO2011026264

http://www.wipo.int/patentscope/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2011026264&recNum=1&maxRec=&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=&queryString=&tab=PCTDescription

It's basically a Google translation from the Chinese which gives you a 
choice of languages, English, Hebrew etc

Stewart

-- 
For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html