Subject: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-recurs-fec-03.txt> (Using Multipoint LDP when the Backbone has no Route to the Root) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:29:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Using Multipoint LDP when the Backbone has no Route to the Root'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-recurs-fec-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-07-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The control protocol used for constructing Point-to-Multipoint and
   Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths ("MP LSPs") contains a
   field that identifies the address of a "root node".  Intermediate
   nodes are expected to be able to look up that address in their
   routing tables.  However, if the route to the root node is a BGP
   route, and the intermediate nodes are part of a BGP-free core, this
   is not possible.  This document specifies procedures which enable a
   MP LSP to be constructed through a BGP-free core.  In these
   procedures, the root node address is temporarily replaced by an
   address that is known to the intermediate nodes and is on the path to
   the true root node.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-recurs-fec/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-recurs-fec/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.